PDA

View Full Version : I have created a horribly confused baby sister.

Gamerlord
2010-05-26, 02:41 PM
So I have a baby sister, and I deciding to do something silly, for several months I would act like "YUCK!" and "MMMMMMM" meant the opposite in her presence. Because everyone else used them properly in her presence, she has now become incredibly confused.

When my mother gave her some of her favorite food, do you want to know what she said?

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMM YUCK! :smallbiggrin: "

Forever Curious
2010-05-26, 02:52 PM
So I have a baby sister, and I deciding to do something silly, for several months I would act like "YUCK!" and "MMMMMMM" meant the opposite in her presence. Because everyone else used them properly in her presence, she has now become incredibly confused.

When my mother gave her some of her favorite food, do you want to know what she said?

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMM YUCK! :smallbiggrin: "

You silly sadist you. :smalltongue:

Shas aia Toriia
2010-05-26, 02:55 PM
Wait, you have a babysitter?

I don't know about others here, but I stopped getting those when I was like 9.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-26, 03:00 PM
He said "sister", not sitter. As in, female sibling.

Octopus Jack
2010-05-26, 03:01 PM
Excelent! If I ever get kids I intend to screw with them in this sortof way. Because I'm a nice person :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2010-05-26, 03:03 PM
Wait, you have a babysitter?

I don't know about others here, but I stopped getting those when I was like 9.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who misread it at least twice.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 03:16 PM
You're bound to get recognition from the psychological community if you continue like that.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-05-26, 03:18 PM
He said "sister", not sitter. As in, female sibling.

Ah. That makes quite a bit more sense then.

paddyfool
2010-05-26, 03:22 PM
Is she at the 2-3 year old parrot stage, when she'll repeat anything you say and learn it almost right away? If so, you can have real fun with this if you're evil. Steer clear of swearwords, since those have no class, but instead try her on these phrases:

"Bourgeois capitalist pig-dogs"
"Heat cannot of itself travel from a cooler body to a hotter body" (bonus marks if you teach her the rest of the song as well)
"Is this a dagger I see before me?"
"What's in a name? Would not a rose by any other name smell as sweet?" (Tell her it's an extra-impressive way of answering if someone asks her her name...)
"Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"
etc.

Or if she's not up to learning whole phrases, just try a few single words to really give people pause, such as these three:

"Quarantine"
"Ebola"
"CDC"

Leecros
2010-05-26, 03:24 PM
"Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"

This.

then get her to repeat it at least a dozen times a day, to every person she sees(while you're there to make sure she doesn't get kidnapped of course)

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 03:29 PM
This.

then get her to repeat it at least a dozen times a day, to every person she sees(while you're there to make sure she doesn't get kidnapped of course)

She'd get kidnapped by her father but she did known that yet cause it's only the first film (well 4th but first to be made) then her long lost brother and future husband would rescue her.

Leecros
2010-05-26, 03:52 PM
She'd get kidnapped by her father but she did known that yet cause it's only the first film (well 4th but first to be made) then her long lost brother and future husband would rescue her.

and by the end of the trilogy there'd be a war, 2 world killing battlestations(both destroyed) her long lost brother would have magic powers and her father would be dead after killing the...President(?)

CarpeGuitarrem
2010-05-26, 03:57 PM
This thread is filled with win.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-26, 04:31 PM
and by the end of the trilogy there'd be a war, 2 world killing battlestations(both destroyed) her long lost brother would have magic powers and her father would be dead after killing the...President(?)

Nah, he'd have to be the vice president to kill the president. (At least, that's the impression I got. That Vader was second in command) So he'll just kill whoever he's second in command to at his job or whatever.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 04:42 PM

Don't forget that her father cuts off the brother's hand and as a boy her father built a generic protocol droid that is fluent in over 6 million forms of communication.

RandomNPC
2010-05-26, 05:06 PM
sorry to break the star wars chain, but you guys got it covered real good anyway.

my son thinks sitting cross legged is called applesauce. I was sitting on the floor one day and he goes "Whats that?" and i didn't see what he was pointing at, after asking him to repeat himself a good number of times I finally just told him it was applesauce he was 2, I didn't think much of it, thought he'd forget in two minuets ya know? I told him once, two years later he pulls it out of the blue and asks why im sitting applesauce.

I'm waiting for the monster under the bed so I can peek down there and say "Don''t be silly, there's no monsters under AHHHHH ITS GOT ME!!!!!" and start flailing around.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 05:23 PM
sorry to break the star wars chain, but you guys got it covered real good anyway.

"Your overconfidence is your weakness."

The Anarresti
2010-05-26, 05:32 PM
I'm waiting for the monster under the bed so I can peek down there and say "Don''t be silly, there's no monsters under AHHHHH ITS GOT ME!!!!!" and start flailing around.

Ooh that's nasty.
The best was when my little brother, when he was about two. My other brother and I had leaned a mirror up against the wall. He spend hours crawling behind it, trying to figure out where the people were. He actually said "People!" more than once.

Xyk
2010-05-26, 05:43 PM

my son thinks sitting cross legged is called applesauce. I was sitting on the floor one day and he goes "Whats that?" and i didn't see what he was pointing at, after asking him to repeat himself a good number of times I finally just told him it was applesauce he was 2, I didn't think much of it, thought he'd forget in two minuets ya know? I told him once, two years later he pulls it out of the blue and asks why im sitting applesauce.

Oddly enough, "criss-cross applesauce" is a correct word for that position for youngsters.

Cobalt
2010-05-26, 05:52 PM
"Your overconfidence is your weakness."

"Your faith in your friends is yours."

Tricksy Hobbits
2010-05-26, 06:20 PM
For double points, make safeguards to use against her if you ever need to.
http://xkcd.com/573/

Flame of Anor
2010-05-26, 08:48 PM
"Your faith in your friends is yours."

Yo mama is yours! :smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-05-26, 08:54 PM
The amount of Star Wars in this thread pleases me.
Yeeees, yeeeees.

For most of my life, I thought "shut up" was a 'bad word' akin to such things as inappropriate body parts and the less than pleasant excretion.

Leecros
2010-05-26, 08:59 PM
Yeeees, yeeeees.

i blame paddyfool...you've released a blight upon the thread, congratulations:smallcool:

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 09:00 PM
Yeeees, yeeeees.

UNLIMITED POWER!!!

AstralFire
2010-05-26, 09:02 PM
Yeeees, yeeeees.

For most of my life, I thought "shut up" was a 'bad word' akin to such things as inappropriate body parts and the less than pleasant excretion.

I'm sort of the same. I'm usually very pissed if I actually use 'shut up'.

Leecros
2010-05-26, 09:04 PM
UNLIMITED POWER!!!

normally if it hasn't been said i'd have used the "Your overconfidence is your weakness."(The Emperor doesn't have unlimited power, just thinks he does) but since that phrase was already used i fear if i used it again we may get caught in some freaky loop

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 09:09 PM
normally if it hasn't been said i'd have used the "Your overconfidence is your weakness."(The Emperor doesn't have unlimited power, just thinks he does) but since that phrase was already used i fear if i used it again we may get caught in some freaky loop

I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time, you will call me master.

Leecros
2010-05-26, 09:13 PM
I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time, you will call me master.

yes...my master

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 09:24 PM
yes...my master

Can I put this in my sig?

Serpentine
2010-05-26, 10:12 PM
I've read a story before about a man who kept his daughter in isolation and taught her all the opposite words. Can't remember where I read it or who wrote it... Might've been a Paul Jennings one? Spoiler:She arranges to meet a fellow "by the lamppost", but they miss each other because she means "tree" (or something like that). Then there's a fire, she's rescued, and the firefighters ask her whether there's anyone left inside. She says "mother" (possibly meaning father), but they mention her mother died when she was young, so they don't bother looking for anyone.)

Worira
2010-05-26, 10:27 PM
It's a Paul Jennings story entitled "No Is Yes".

Mando Knight
2010-05-26, 10:33 PM
Yo mama is yours! :smallbiggrin:
Faith in yo mama...
What was that?!
I said: Yo mama so fat, Jabba the Hutt said Daaaaayumn!
Well, yo mama so ugly, she put the "Ugh" in Ugnaught!

Oh, yo mama fight! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0T3Fq-9aAs)
For most of my life, I thought "shut up" was a 'bad word' akin to such things as inappropriate body parts and the less than pleasant excretion.I never thought of it as a bad word like mentioning... body parts or "#2," but was always scolded when using it because it was quite rude regardless (it's disrespectful towards the person, since you're ordering them and telling them that their discussion/whatever is unimportant). Because it is. Though sometimes it's necessary.

Moonshadow
2010-05-26, 10:40 PM
I've got a baaaaad feeling about this...

Dr.Epic
2010-05-26, 10:42 PM
Faith in yo mama...
What was that?!
I said: Yo mama so fat, Jabba the Hutt said Daaaaayumn!
Well, yo mama so ugly, she put the "Ugh" in Ugnaught!

I loved that episode of Robot Chicken. The opening with Boba Fett! That made my week!

Serpentine
2010-05-26, 10:44 PM
It's a Paul Jennings story entitled "No Is Yes".Aha! Cool, got the author right. It's been years since I read it, too.
I recommend tracking it down if you can, if you're interested in this, anyone.

Leecros
2010-05-26, 11:27 PM
Can I put this in my sig?

Yes...My Master

Worira
2010-05-26, 11:32 PM
Aha! Cool, got the author right. It's been years since I read it, too.
I recommend tracking it down if you can, if you're interested in this, anyone.

Seconded. The book the story is in is called Quirky Tails.

Cealocanth
2010-05-26, 11:34 PM
You've obviously given your parents quite a time trying to correct your actions. Congradulations, Your alignment has now been shifted to Chaotic Evil.

Pheehelm
2010-05-26, 11:38 PM
I can't blame her. Any kid would be horribly confused if she found out she was created by her older brother.

Leecros
2010-05-26, 11:43 PM
I've read a story before about a man who kept his daughter in isolation and taught her all the opposite words. Can't remember where I read it or who wrote it... Might've been a Paul Jennings one? Spoiler:She arranges to meet a fellow "by the lamppost", but they miss each other because she means "tree" (or something like that). Then there's a fire, she's rescued, and the firefighters ask her whether there's anyone left inside. She says "mother" (possibly meaning father), but they mention her mother died when she was young, so they don't bother looking for anyone.)

i WANT that story. That actually sounds like it'd be pretty good...hmm

Coidzor
2010-05-27, 12:27 AM
At first I was like. :smallyuk: because that would imply incest.

Then I read the OP and I was like... :smallconfused: You're ridiculous.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-27, 12:29 AM

Oh god. WHY OH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THIS UP?!?!?!

*goes into a corner and puts self in fetal position*

Coidzor
2010-05-27, 12:31 AM
Oh god. WHY OH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THIS UP?!?!?!

*goes into a corner and puts self in fetal position*

Really? That makes you go into the fetal position? Try wrapping yourself around the concept of multiple gender referrals to the same person in rapid succession.

When the individual isn't even trans, just sort of unstuck.

Now that, that is something to make the brain feel pain.

pinwiz
2010-05-27, 12:35 AM
Really? That makes you go into the fetal position? Try wrapping yourself around the concept of multiple gender referrals to the same person in rapid succession.

When the individual isn't even trans, just sort of unstuck.

Now that, that is something to make the brain feel pain.

That's not hard. Just call them it or ask what one they would prefer.

but incest? yeah. that's horrible. I'll agree with kyuubi on this one. though instead i'm gonna go get ice cream.

Flame of Anor
2010-05-27, 12:41 AM
I loved that episode of Robot Chicken. The opening with Boba Fett! That made my week!

Robot Chicken Star Wars is made of win.

Worira
2010-05-27, 12:56 AM

Then I read the OP and I was like... :smallconfused: You're ridiculous.

Also, that would technically be a half-sister.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-27, 12:56 AM
That's not hard. Just call them it or ask what one they would prefer.

but incest? yeah. that's horrible. I'll agree with kyuubi on this one. though instead i'm gonna go get ice cream.

I'm mostly concerned about how that's even supposed to work. I guess technically she could be his half sister but......*shudders* eeugh:smallyuk:

Mewtarthio
2010-05-27, 01:25 AM
Unless, of course, he's trapped in a stable time loop, and therefore is his own father!

Back on the less disturbing of the ongoing topics:

I never believed in Santa Claus as a kid (my parents pretty much treated him the same as the tooth fairy or the Easter bunny), so I didn't see any reason my little sister should get to enjoy the magic of Christmas. Every winter, I'd hammer into her head the idea that Santa was really an enormous fish, and that the "rain deer" were literally creatures made entirely out of rain (to keep his scales moist, you see).

Yep, younger siblings are awesome. I highly recommend them to anyone who lacks some.

Leecros
2010-05-27, 01:42 PM
Unless, of course, he's trapped in a stable time loop, and therefore is his own father!

That has even more disturbing consequences than just simple Incest...

RandomNPC
2010-05-28, 07:11 PM
Also, that would technically be a half-sister.

is there a template for that?

Leecros
2010-05-28, 07:51 PM
is there a template for that?

i'd imagine you could make one...though i definitely wouldn't want to use it :smallconfused:

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 08:49 PM
i'd imagine you could make one...though i definitely wouldn't want to use it :smallconfused:

Half-Sister
A creature with one parent what is a Sister, and another of another race.
Hit Dice: Change all to d8s.
Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +1
Stuff.

Like that?

Coidzor
2010-05-28, 09:51 PM
That has even more disturbing consequences than just simple Incest...

Got something against zombies? (http://ieng9.ucsd.edu/~mfedder/zombies.html)

Leecros
2010-05-28, 10:14 PM
Half-Sister
A creature with one parent what is a Sister, and another of another race.
Hit Dice: Change all to d8s.
Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +1
Stuff.

Like that?
i'd imagine there'd be some penalties somewhere...and...i dunno

yes, actually...they're overrated:smallannoyed:

UndeadCleric
2010-05-28, 10:54 PM

SO CONFUSING!!!!!!!!!!!!
He went back in time to impregnate himself except that he was a she but then she became a he and wrote about herself? Later, he realized that he was he and so he orphaned herself and brought himself to impregnate herself?

TheThan
2010-05-28, 11:16 PM
well you could always be your own grandpa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0s5Kn9QXtU).

absolmorph
2010-05-29, 12:11 AM
Coidzor, TheThan, you guys both posted the two things I thought of when the "multiple gender referrals" was brought up.
That's among my favorite stories for the sheer lulz (I'm the only person among my friends whose mind isn't harmed by considering it, and I enjoy explaining it to people), and that song is also among my favorites for lulz. It's like you guys are in... my... mi...nd...
I'm gonna need more tinfoil.