PDA

View Full Version : Does Loredrake actually give you two free Sorceror levels?

Mystic Muse
2010-05-26, 03:22 PM
This was the impression I got reading on here but I don't know if this is actually the case. So, I would count as a Sorceror two levels higher for the purposes of spells known/per day?

This is mostly just curiosity.

Jarian
2010-05-26, 03:23 PM
Yes.

Consult your DM before using it.

Greenish
2010-05-26, 03:23 PM
Yes, you gain casting as a two levels higher sorcerer, both for the purposes of spells known and spells per day.

PId6
2010-05-26, 03:26 PM
Yes, that's exactly what Loredrake does; it gives you 2 higher Sorcerer levels. The debate is around whether you can take Loredrake on a Dragonwrought Kobold. I personally believe that you can by RAW; some others believe differently. Regardless, the designers obviously never intended it, and it probably shouldn't be allowed in most games.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-26, 03:27 PM
Yes.

Consult your DM before using it.

I plan to. I fully expect him to say no.

Out of curiosity, is there anything else that increases your spellcasting level like that? I wouldn't think so since a lot of people mention that but never seem to mention anything else (Except for white dragonspawn.)

Greenish
2010-05-26, 03:30 PM
I plan to. I fully expect him to say no.

Out of curiosity, is there anything else that increases your spellcasting level like that? I wouldn't think so since a lot of people mention that but never seem to mention anything else (Except for white dragonspawn.)Greater Dragonic Rite from RotD web enhancement gives one sorcerer level too.

paddyfool
You know you have to be a True Dragon to take it, right?

Mystic Muse
You know you have to be a True Dragon to take it, right?

Yes. I was actually contemplating whether the homebrew version of Dragon I was going to use technically counts. Also deciding whether I'd rather use wyrm of war.

PId6
Greater Draconic Rite of Passage (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a) is +1 to sorcerer level at 6th. Again, kobolds only.