PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better way to do this? [PF/3.5]

subject42
2010-05-26, 04:34 PM
I'm running a Gestalt one-shot this weekend and one of my players is having me do up her character for her.

When I asked what kind of concept she wanted to play, she said "I want to be a Thriller Bard."

ECL is 6, with LA only applying to one side for odd races and templates.

I'm aiming for simplicity for the player, so at the moment I'm looking at a Stronheart Halfling Warlock 6 // Bard 5/Dread Necromancer 1 with the following feats:

1) Tomb Tainted Soul
B) Requiem
3) Corpsecrafter
5) Precise Shot

Combined with the "The Dead Walk" invocation, it should give her the ability to boost her undead minions and allies, then hide in the background and plink away with eldritch blasts.

After a fight, it's a simple matter to self-heal, then patch up her undead with the Dread Necromancer charnel touch class feature.

Do any of you have suggestions on how this could be touched up, or even radically redone to meet the concept?

Akal Saris
2010-05-26, 04:39 PM
That seems like a fine build as it is.

Alternatively, for a very different build you could progress one side as cleric with Master of Shrouds (see my handbook below) and progress bard and marshal on the other half.

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-26, 04:40 PM
Don't forget the Dirgesinger PrC for later on.

subject42
2010-05-26, 07:56 PM
Alternatively, for a very different build you could progress one side as cleric with Master of Shrouds (see my handbook below) and progress bard and marshal on the other half.

Do marshal abilities work on Undead?