PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Guild Wars adaptation

Sorafolktale
2010-05-27, 02:11 AM
Hi, i would like to known if anyone have done or known any adaptation from any classes from the Guild Wars game for DnD 3.5

I'm adapting Ritualist and adapted Dervish, but would like to known other adaptations too.
I'll post the Dervish class later here for evaluation. :smallbiggrin:

Hyooz
2010-05-27, 02:34 AM
Most of the classes have some kind of analogue. Warrior = warblade/crusader, necromancer = dread necromancer, elementalist/mesmer = take your pick of arcane casters, ranger = ranger/druid, monk = favored soul more than anything. Paragons can probably be modeled well with a cleric or favored soul again, and assassins are basically rogues.

Looks like you've got the two that needed it pretty handled.

Lev
2010-05-27, 04:31 AM
Dervish is already a 3.5 class, it's what Arenanet took their dervish class from... then added a single weapon proficiency.

Ritualist is basically Wu Jen crossclassed with something else isn't it?

Monks = Cleric
Warrior = Fighter
Necromancer = Wizard or Dread Necromancer
Mesmer = Psionic or Illusionist or any of the many trickster-ish caster basis prestige classes.
Ranger = Ranger
Paragon = Bard or Bard/Fighter
Dervish = Dervish

There ya go?

Sorafolktale
2010-05-27, 08:32 AM
Well, about adapting i mean to do as close as possible to the functions the class have on the game, so ... for warriors and rangers, make variants that have the flavor as as in the game, for example: preparations and some stances/spirits/bow attacks for rangers, tactics/shouts/stances/specifics attacks for warrior, i think these two are the most simple.
Necromancer like in the game, with soul reaping-like power, and adaptation on spells and the like.
Monks i think that are the less needed in adaptation, as the elementalist.
But mesmers woulb be like making control and counter spells, adapt the signets system and her inate atribute of fast casting.
Assassins with their attacks chain and critical hits would be awesome to play, thinking in how u would build chain attacks :smallbiggrin:
For paragons would be in part someway similar with bards, but needed to make some system for shouts and echoes, since chants would be like bard musics.

Sorry but GW Dervish is NOTHING like D&D Dervish class. I made the class focused on fighting with scythe and make it like in the game : a holy warrior that prays for the 5 gods. The most notable thing about dervish is her connection with the gods and the blessings they grant her, with avatar form and other powers, so i've adapted it to a meele class with some things like avatar form and elemental boosts for scythe connected to each god and bonus feats connected with scythe and on the last lvs, some general bonus.

Ritualists i'm adapting to have just like in the game : Weapon spells, binding rituals, ashes from ancestors, channeling spells. And the Blind sight thing they show in the game.

Flickerdart
2010-05-27, 08:56 AM
For an Assassin you could build a dagger throwing character. Throwing builds can get obscene amounts of attacks per round.

Lev
2010-05-27, 05:20 PM
Well, about adapting i mean to do as close as possible to the functions the class have on the game, so ... for warriors and rangers, make variants that have the flavor as as in the game, for example: preparations and some stances/spirits/bow attacks for rangers, tactics/shouts/stances/specifics attacks for warrior, i think these two are the most simple.
Necromancer like in the game, with soul reaping-like power, and adaptation on spells and the like.
Monks i think that are the less needed in adaptation, as the elementalist.
But mesmers woulb be like making control and counter spells, adapt the signets system and her inate atribute of fast casting.
Assassins with their attacks chain and critical hits would be awesome to play, thinking in how u would build chain attacks :smallbiggrin:
For paragons would be in part someway similar with bards, but needed to make some system for shouts and echoes, since chants would be like bard musics.
Warrior Exclusive Attribute: Strength - ADD STR
Ranger Exclusive Attribute: Expertise - There's no energy in DnD
Mesmer Exclusive Attribute: Fast Casting - Quicken Spell [Metamagic]
Monk Exclusive Attribute: Divine Favor - Healing Domain
Necromancer Exclusive Attribute: Soul Reaping - Interesting one, but way too abusable if you can gain spell slots back from it.
Elementalist Exclusive Attribute: Energy Storage - School specialization?
Paragon and Dervish both have a similar spammable attribute that would regain spell slots, would be hard not to break.
Ritualist Exclusive Attribute: Spawning Power - Check Heroes of Horror for feats that basically do this.
Assassin Exclusive Attribute: Critical Strike - Improved Critical [Feat]

The W/R stuff can be found in ToB-Book of Nine Swords.
Mesmers could be spellthieves, signets are technically just wondrous items.
Assassin could be monk/ninja or rogue/ninja, the GW skills indicate either.
Shouts are a bit silly as you can talk and RP within combat in DnD, you could work in rules for that though-- echoes added to bards, you'd have to be VERY careful not to break the bard since as I recall they can already grant +10dmg/atk rolls with some mix of bard/sublime chord.

Sorry but GW Dervish is NOTHING like D&D Dervish class. I made the class focused on fighting with scythe and make it like in the game : a holy warrior that prays for the 5 gods. The most notable thing about dervish is her connection with the gods and the blessings they grant her, with avatar form and other powers, so i've adapted it to a meele class with some things like avatar form and elemental boosts for scythe connected to each god and bonus feats connected with scythe and on the last lvs, some general bonus.
Yes yes, I played GW for about 3k hours.
Praising gods is RP, using god powers in combat already has rules for divine spellcasting, becoming an avatar of the gods comes in many prestige class flavors but the most centralized would be Divine Crusader from Complete Divine, which should work with basically any god I think.
Other than that, they are the DnD Dervish class.

Ritualists i'm adapting to have just like in the game : Weapon spells, binding rituals, ashes from ancestors, channeling spells. And the Blind sight thing they show in the game.
Sounds great, good luck!

Sorafolktale
2010-05-27, 07:16 PM
As i said, warrior and ranger are not hard to do , since the stances and manouvers from ToB and tactical feats on many books. The problem... is that in my opinion, ToB is broken [overpowered] and still would need some system for shouts. After i finish adapting Ritualist, i'll do that.
Indeed, mesmers could be in some way spellthieves, but thinking in a variant to fit better. Adding something to resemble signets.
Monk and Elementalists are easy, just adding things about the Divine Favor and Energy Storage should be enough.
As for Necromancer, about soul reaping i'm thinking to put some system, resempling the Necrocarnate abilitie to get the essence of recent dead beings.

i'll post in another thread the finished Dervish class i made :smallbiggrin:

Lev
2010-05-27, 08:51 PM
It's interesting you are trying to adapt it, GW is a CORPG and is probably the least RP containing RPG out of anything made.

Sorafolktale
2010-05-28, 05:03 PM
Hm .. ok what CORPG means again ?
And u're saying that it is the least game to RP labbeled as RPG ?
[i'm trying to understand what u said, i got a little confused o_O]