PDA

View Full Version : Wishes for a Good Holiday

JediSoth
2010-05-27, 08:09 AM
As the Memorial Day holiday approaches, I'd like to wish everyone here a great weekend! It's always a special time in Indianapolis what with the running of the Indianapolis 500 race, and all.

No real plans here; I tend to avoid the west side of town like the plague during the latter half of May (it's where the Speedway is). I'm going to put some flowers on my father's grave and grill some meats and have a beer for dinner. Hopefully, we'll have fine weather and a working A/C.

Cheers!

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-05-27, 10:30 AM
*Don't ask, Fifty-Eyed Fred, given his location it's probably an American public holiday or something, come on, use Google instead you fool, don't ask, don't...*

What's Memorial Day?

:smalltongue:

JediSoth
2010-05-27, 11:51 AM
*Don't ask, Fifty-Eyed Fred, given his location it's probably an American public holiday or something, come on, use Google instead you fool, don't ask, don't...*

What's Memorial Day?

:smalltongue:

Memorial Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day) is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 31 in 2010). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service.

Americans also use it (at least in this part of the country) to mark the official "Start of Summer" and to pay our respects at the final resting spots of any close relatives, not just veterans.

Dragon queen
2010-05-27, 02:38 PM
Happy

Memorial

Day!

:smallbiggrin: - Happy Memorial day fellow Giant in the playgrounders!

Cobalt
2010-05-27, 04:14 PM
Americans also use it (at least in this part of the country) to mark the official "Start of Summer" and to pay our respects at the final resting spots of any close relatives, not just veterans.

It's like this in South Carolina, too. I'm not even counting my vacation days off from school until then.

Happy (almostsortakinda) Memorial Day, Playground.