PDA

View Full Version : Fall From Heaven II - Strategy Thread

SolkaTruesilver
2010-05-27, 08:11 AM
Hellow everyone. I haven't seen a FFH2 thread on the 1st page of the forum, so I decided to kick up the conversation..

My current game is very straightforward. As the Calabrim, I had to conquer Svartalfar early on, since I had already settled all the valleys and she had effectively trapped me into a corner of the world. I needed air to Breath.

Well.. figuratively. Anyway, I was about to get swamped when I just reached Feodalism, and I sent a few vamps ahead in battle, simply rolling and feeding on everything that I could reach, conquering new dominions. I sent a Vampire Overlord at every city, telling them to feed at their own leisure.

Also, a strange religion was founded in the Bloody Valley. A religion where it was whispered that Demons would cross unto our world.. Well, might as well try to pass of as these demons, and spread the Ashen Veil across. We are the Demons of this World, and we will dominate.
I, for one, welcome our new Vampire Overlords!:smallbiggrin:
I then moved on to attack the Empire of the Amurites. We stroke early, in their coastal cities. Our Expeditionary Force, led by Rosier the Fallen (Vampirised) stroke deep and hard.

A fighting standstill was reached where three valleys converged. Past that moment, we would be able to strike the Amurites' heartland. One one side was 4 Vampires and Rosier, all of them elite military units. On the other side was a force of 40 Satyrs.

After a long and bloody struggle, the Vampire emerged victorious, having only loss the troop they rose into Skeletons. They charged into the Heartland, killing anyone in their path, enslaving dozens of ennemy units, capturing countless workers.

Eventually, we finally reached the end of the Amurite's bountiful valley, and started stepping into the Khazads' mountaneous Empire. The Khazad were but 4 pitiful cities, and we conquered them without a second thought...

However, during that massive invasion, we made quite a lot of ennemies. The only remaining Evil civilization, the Clan of Ember, converted to the Force of Good! :smalleek: Now, all the surviving civilization (9) were at war with me, but I was sorrounded by moutains. They'd have to reach me by my coastland, heavily fortified and patroled coastland.

Oh well. The world against me. I own a quarter of Erebus, but I cannot keep attacking by land alone. The chain of mountains protect me, at least.

I feel like Sauron. :smallamused:

We have no choice. If we want to prevail, we will have to make a pact with the Otherworldy creatures, and make them come into this world. Maybe they will distract the Alliance of Good long ennough so I can make my move.

A Blight struct the World, making citizen die everywhere. Maybe it is the time for activating our most powerful spell... - Rivers of Blood. Maybe when everybody is weakened is the time to drain their city dry.

I called for you, fellow Vampires, member of the Undercouncil, to suggest a path of the Ways to come. Our Heroes, the Strike Force who destroyed three Empires, are now being trained into the Way of the Brujah.

Should we attack the ennemy's islands? Should we dominate the sea?

Should we bring on the Apocalypse?

shadowxknight
2010-05-28, 02:34 PM
Hmm. I always thought it counterproductive as Calabrim to have Ashen Veil religion. Since your vampires need to feed on population and AV brings down populations.

But maybe it changed since I've last played, it's been almost a year haha.

Smiling Knight
2010-05-28, 06:12 PM
Boats are Boring.
Bring on the end of the world!

Then "repent" and convert to Order, and slaughter the infidels.

Stompy
2010-05-28, 06:29 PM
I started playing FfH like 3 months ago. While I haven't played the calabim, like, at all (Lanun and Ljosafar seem to be more awesome for me.) my advice is:

Should we attack the ennemy's islands? Should we dominate the sea?

I usually like to conquer one one empire at a time, so if you set yourself up so that the entire world isn't pissed off at you, the better. Focus your onslaught on one person at a time, unless you have an overabundance of military. I would go after the closest weakest player too.

You shouldn't need to dominate the sea, but you will want a great navy anyway. Frigates are powerful, and arcane badges are hilarious for hit and run tactics. Both can bombard coastal cities.

Also, if you haven't considered it yet, consider using 2-3 ritualists per army stack, because ring of flames sounds like the maelstorm spell (haven't used it sadly), which is amazing vs. other stacks. (Just try to avoid hitting your own or an allies stuff outside the stack the ritualists are in.)

(Also if you civ-o-pedia ring of flames, the description is the lyrics of Johnny Cash's 'Ring of Fire' XD)

Should we bring on the Apocalypse?

I would because as you said, it would be great diversion.

EDIT:

I, for one, welcome our new Vampire Overlords!:smallbiggrin:

They welcomed themselves to my empire while playing on Monarch difficulty :smallfrown:.