PDA

View Full Version : Arcane full caster PrCs with good BAB

Darklord Xavez
2010-05-27, 01:43 PM
Besides the Abjurant Champion, of course. Preferably 5 level.
-Xavez

Saph
2010-05-27, 01:43 PM
As far as I know, there aren't any.

Eldariel
2010-05-27, 01:44 PM
Indeed. Best you can get is 1st level of classes that grant both like Spellsword, Draconic Whatever, Bladesinger and so on.

Machiavellian
2010-05-27, 01:58 PM
Knight Phantom and Eldritch Knight

Eldariel
2010-05-27, 01:59 PM
Knight Phantom and Eldritch Knight

Both lose CL on the first level.

Machiavellian
2010-05-27, 02:00 PM

Thats the best you can get. Other than Abj Champ

the humanity
2010-05-27, 02:01 PM
Fochluchan Lyrist. does divine too.

that's about it really.

dextercorvia
2010-05-27, 02:09 PM
Sacred Exorcist get's you average BAB and Turn Undead. There are a lot of neat things a gish can do with Turn Undead: Travel Devotion, Knowledge Devotion, and Divine Might come to mind.

sofawall
2010-05-27, 02:36 PM
Thats the best you can get. Other than Abj Champ

Well, a ton of dips can be better, but I see where you're coming from.

Boci
2010-05-27, 02:37 PM
Knowledge Devotion

Doesn't require turn undead.

Optimystik
2010-05-27, 02:39 PM
Is losing 1 CL that big a deal? Just go with Eldritch Knight.

Mastikator
2010-05-27, 02:41 PM

Wouldn't full casting AND full BAB be a little overkill? The EK even gets a bonus feat.

Darrin
2010-05-27, 02:42 PM
Indeed. Best you can get is 1st level of classes that grant both like Spellsword, Draconic Whatever, Bladesinger and so on.

There's also Thrall of Demogorgon and Thrall of Orcus, +1 BAB and +1 CL at 1st level, but there's the whole "sacrifice a whatsit/sell your soul to a demon lord" thingy to weasel your way around.

Akal Saris
2010-05-27, 02:44 PM
+1 CL/+1 BAB besides Abjurant Champion:
1 level of Spellsword, 1 level of Dragonslayer, 1 level of Thrall of Demogorgon/Orcus, 1 level of Bladesinger

Bladesinger is prohibitively difficult to enter, but spellsword and dragonslayer aren't that awful, especially if you can get Iron will from an otyugh hole. Afterwards Knight Phantom is probably the best choice, or Jade Phoenix Mage if you have some ToB classes.

sofawall
2010-05-27, 02:53 PM
Wouldn't full casting AND full BAB be a little overkill? The EK even gets a bonus feat.

Well, considering you have to lose a caster level (theoretically) to enter the class, Eldritch Knight has 2 lost caster levels for a fighter bonus feat and full BAB. Maybe worth is for a wizard gish, almost never worth it for a non-kobold sorcerer.

Eldariel
2010-05-27, 03:06 PM
+1 CL/+1 BAB besides Abjurant Champion:
1 level of Spellsword, 1 level of Dragonslayer, 1 level of Thrall of Demogorgon/Orcus, 1 level of Bladesinger

Bladesinger is prohibitively difficult to enter, but spellsword and dragonslayer aren't that awful, especially if you can get Iron will from an otyugh hole. Afterwards Knight Phantom is probably the best choice, or Jade Phoenix Mage if you have some ToB classes.

That or Sacred Exorcist giving up BAB instead of casting, or Swiftblade for goodies ability-wise but with even more casting levels lost.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-27, 03:08 PM
Knight Phantom

what books are this and Abjurant champion from?

dextercorvia
2010-05-27, 03:09 PM
Doesn't require turn undead.

Good call. I don't know why I lumped that in there. It is good for a gish with the right skill list.

Boci
2010-05-27, 03:12 PM

Abjurant champion? Complete mage.

Phantom knight? I think its 5 nations, an eberrn books, also available on wizards.com.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-27, 03:14 PM
Abjurant champion? Complete mage.

Phantom knight? I think its 5 nations, an eberrn books, also available on wizards.com.

Darn. Don't have either. Ah well.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-27, 03:15 PM

Knight Phantom is from 5 Nations (Eberron) and online (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050706a&page=4)
Abjurant Champion is from complete mage

Edit: Swordsage'd but at least I got the link

ryzouken
2010-05-27, 03:52 PM
I say they go 10 levels of Rainbow Servant and cast Divine Power. Bonus points if they grab a level of Master of Radiance or Sacred Exorcist and Divine Metamagic: Persistify it.

Full (ish) casting and full BAB.

gallagher
2010-05-27, 03:54 PM
ok, i got your answer
Step 1: Be a wizard
Step B: Research an arcane spell similar to Divine Strength or Righteous might, i forget which is the one that gives you BAB congruent to your HD, but it will be a 4th or 5th level spell
Step III: ???
Part Quatre: Prophet

Edit: Swordsage'd... kinda. isnt rainbow servant divine? he asked for an arcane caster

Godskook
2010-05-27, 04:05 PM
ok, i got your answer
Step 1: Be a wizard
Step B: Research an arcane spell similar to Divine Strength or Righteous might, i forget which is the one that gives you BAB congruent to your HD, but it will be a 4th or 5th level spell
Step III: ???
Part Quatre: Prophet

Edit: Swordsage'd... kinda. isnt rainbow servant divine? he asked for an arcane caster

Alternate Route: Arcane Disciple(War) gets you there with out any of that 'sticky' DM approval independent research has.

Draz74
2010-05-27, 04:06 PM
isnt rainbow servant divine? he asked for an arcane caster

Nope, you're thinking of Radiant Servant of Pelor, which is a completely separate PrC.

Critical
2010-05-27, 04:19 PM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7230.0

Thurbane
2010-05-27, 10:34 PM
Ruathar is BAB +2 for 3 levels, and full casting. Not full BAB, but pretty close... :smalltongue:

Endarire
2010-05-27, 10:57 PM
+1 BAB and Caster Level (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7230.0)

sofawall
2010-05-27, 11:15 PM
+1 BAB and Caster Level (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7230.0)

Ninja'd by ~6 hours.

Akal Saris
2010-05-27, 11:53 PM
Also on the topic of gishes: the Militia feat from Player's Guide to Faerun grants proficiency in all martial weapons. Very handy for qualifying for Knight Phantom and similar PrCs without losing a caster level.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-05-28, 01:39 AM
On the subject of Eldritch Knight: You can enter with one level of Wizard and a few feats. For the proficiencies, you're either an outsider of some form or another, have Militia or the Otherwordly feat, as that goes back to making you an Outsider. For the 3rd level spells, you use your choice of Sanctum Spell, Precocious Apprentice, Dragon's Blood Pool, and/or reduced Heighten Spell tricks.

Thurbane
2010-05-28, 09:02 PM
Also on the topic of gishes: the Militia feat from Player's Guide to Faerun grants proficiency in all martial weapons. Very handy for qualifying for Knight Phantom and similar PrCs without losing a caster level.
FR strikes again. Let me guess...people handwave the regional/racial reqs for the feat? And then use retraining rules to dump it once you enter a PrC that gives full MWP?

http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/cheese-dutchleerdammer.jpg

Optimystik
2010-05-28, 09:06 PM
FR strikes again. Let me guess...people handwave the regional/racial reqs for the feat? And then use retraining rules to dump it once you enter a PrC that gives full MWP?

Regional/racial requirements tend to be bunk anyway. That's why I'm glad that later sourcebooks add "Adaptation" sections to narrow PrCs and feats like that.

PId6
2010-05-28, 09:07 PM
And then use retraining rules to dump it once you enter a PrC that gives full MWP?
Of course not! You chaos shuffle it away, duh!

Thurbane
2010-05-28, 09:21 PM
Of course not! You chaos shuffle it away, duh!
*headsmack* Of course! What was I thinking? :smallbiggrin:

balistafreak
2010-05-28, 09:22 PM

Nah, the Lightning Warrior gets full casting and full BAB. He's worse than the Eldritch Knight, though, since he doesn't get a familiar. Also, he's a base class from 1-20, not what the OP is looking for.

/tongueincheek

More seriously, yeah, Eldritch Knight seems to be the only real solution. Those are pretty tough guidelines, there. Well, I mean there are "full casting" classes with full BAB but they don't get 9's, so yeah, I'm assuming that's not what you're looking for.