PDA

View Full Version : 4E Hybrid Help (Feats/Gear)

OMG PONIES
2010-05-27, 04:56 PM
Hello all!

My crazy combination character is finally coming together. I know he's going to be a level 16 Warforged Hybrid Warden/Warlock w/ maxed out CON (hitting 24). I can give other stats if needed, but there are two areas where I need some optimizing help.

First, allow me to share my general idea. A riot-guard robot who scares people straight. You tear in, mark someone, then smack them with Eldritch Strike (probably using a maul). Either they attack you for some damage, or they move/attack someone else for some damage, as well as a -3 penalty. He's going to try to be under the effects of his second wind as often as possible.

-FEATS: I've got them mostly picked out, but I'm not too sure on 3 of my choices. One's I'm pretty set on keeping are in bold, but feel free to comment either way.

1. Hybrid Talent: Warden's Armored Might (Earthstrength)
2. Mark of Warding
4. Devil's Favor
6. Battle Awareness
8. Crushing Earthstrength
10. White Lotus Riposte
11. White Lotus Master Riposte
12. Earthstrength Defenses
14. Earth's Punishment
16. Skins of the Slain

I don't know if the bonuses from Mark of Warding are worth a feat. I've already got jacked up defenses thanks to Earthstrength (& ES Defenses), so I don't know if I need the extra bonus. However, I don't know if ES Defenses is getting my defenses too high for the enemy to even think about hitting me. Lastly, I don't know if I need Skins of the Slain...I've got it now for a nice bump to my Intimidate, but I'm willing to trade it for something more useful.

-GEAR: I've got a few items in mind, but gear is the one part of 4E that's still mostly foreign to me. There are a few items I know I want (like Screaming Hide Armor for another Intimidate bonus), others that I can't remember the name of (a belt that lets you use STR for Intimidate instead of CHA), and probably plenty that I just don't know. Specifically, I'm looking for any items that allow me to regain my second wind or take a melee basic attack as something besides its own standard action.

Any help would be appreciated; all sources are allowed, and I can provide more details if needed. As far as paragon paths go, I'm pretty settled on Avernian Knight, but I'm willing to hear persuading arguments.

Meta
2010-05-27, 09:25 PM
Hello all!

My crazy combination character is finally coming together. I know he's going to be a level 16 Warforged Hybrid Warden/Warlock w/ maxed out CON (hitting 24). I can give other stats if needed, but there are two areas where I need some optimizing help.

First, allow me to share my general idea. A riot-guard robot who scares people straight. You tear in, mark someone, then smack them with Eldritch Strike (probably using a maul). Either they attack you for some damage, or they move/attack someone else for some damage, as well as a -3 penalty. He's going to try to be under the effects of his second wind as often as possible.

-FEATS: I've got them mostly picked out, but I'm not too sure on 3 of my choices. One's I'm pretty set on keeping are in bold, but feel free to comment either way.

1. Hybrid Talent: Warden's Armored Might (Earthstrength)
2. Mark of Warding
4. Devil's Favor
6. Battle Awareness
8. Crushing Earthstrength
10. White Lotus Riposte
11. White Lotus Master Riposte
12. Earthstrength Defenses
14. Earth's Punishment
16. Skins of the Slain

I don't know if the bonuses from Mark of Warding are worth a feat. I've already got jacked up defenses thanks to Earthstrength (& ES Defenses), so I don't know if I need the extra bonus. However, I don't know if ES Defenses is getting my defenses too high for the enemy to even think about hitting me. Lastly, I don't know if I need Skins of the Slain...I've got it now for a nice bump to my Intimidate, but I'm willing to trade it for something more useful.

-GEAR: I've got a few items in mind, but gear is the one part of 4E that's still mostly foreign to me. There are a few items I know I want (like Screaming Hide Armor for another Intimidate bonus), others that I can't remember the name of (a belt that lets you use STR for Intimidate instead of CHA), and probably plenty that I just don't know. Specifically, I'm looking for any items that allow me to regain my second wind or take a melee basic attack as something besides its own standard action.

Any help would be appreciated; all sources are allowed, and I can provide more details if needed. As far as paragon paths go, I'm pretty settled on Avernian Knight, but I'm willing to hear persuading arguments.

A feat you may want to consider is white lotus hinderance and perhaps the master version. If a monster is stuck in difficult terrain its more likely to attack you regardless of your defenses, because moving away is going to give you an OA (can't shift in difficult terrain) this makes a great win/win with master riposte. And the belt you're thinking of is the cincture of dragon spirit i believe

Mando Knight
2010-05-27, 09:30 PM
White Lotus Hindrance is useless for a Defender. Entering difficult terrain costs double, but leaving difficult terrain has no extra charge.