PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] The cost of a Minoatur Greathammer

Marriclay
2010-05-27, 06:51 PM
I'm working out a half-ogre character right now, and using flaws I game him the beginnings of the weapon focus tree for the minotaur greathammer, and he's up and ready to go, except for a single big probem

What's the monetary cost of a Minotaur Greathammer? It doesn't mention in the Monster Manual 4

Kylarra
2010-05-27, 06:53 PM
You have to kill a minotaur and take his hammer. :smallamused:

Marriclay
2010-05-27, 06:55 PM
My character inherited it from his father, though. does that mean it has no cost? there are many ways to abuse that.

Theodoriph
2010-05-27, 07:11 PM
My character inherited it from his father, though. does that mean it has no cost? there are many ways to abuse that.

It doesn`t have a listed cost...but the hammer in question isn`t magical and isn`t made out of special materials. So anywhere from 40-90gp would be reasonable (just glancing at the cost of other exotic weapons).

P.S. Yes inherited items still cost money. The amount of gold you get is basically your acquired wealth throughout your life in various forms. That includes inheritances =)

Marriclay
2010-05-27, 07:12 PM
hmm. I can live with it costing around 75 gold. I'll run that by my DM. thanks.

Theodoriph
2010-05-27, 07:16 PM
hmm. I can live with it costing around 75 gold. I'll run that by my DM. thanks.

Oh I forgot to take into account the size of the weapon if that`s applicable. Is it a medium sized weapon or a large (I assume large since it`s a minotaur`s weapon supposedly)...

That would boost it up a little bit, but it would still be within reason :) I don`t have the handbook handy, and I can`t remember the rule for the cost multiplier for weapons.

Marriclay
2010-05-27, 07:17 PM
you double the cost for anything of large size, so the hammer would cost me 150 gold. simple enough. That rule can make full-plate pretty expensive though.

Hendel
2010-05-27, 09:25 PM
you double the cost for anything of large size, so the hammer would cost me 150 gold. simple enough. That rule can make full-plate pretty expensive though.

48,000gp for non masterwork colossal sized full plate for a non-humanoid.

Runestar
2010-05-27, 09:38 PM
48,000gp for non masterwork colossal sized full plate for a non-humanoid.

Shudders at the thought of making mithral barding of that size...:smalleek:

Though at that juncture, you are better off using bracers of armour instead.

At least enchanting it doesn't cost any extra.

Mongoose87
2010-05-27, 09:51 PM
Shudders at the thought of making mithral barding of that size...:smalleek:

Though at that juncture, you are better off using bracers of armour instead.

At least enchanting it doesn't cost any extra.

Just get the enchantment on a regular set of clothes, then get them glammered to look like fancy armor.