PDA

View Full Version : Fun Group Things?

Jokasti
2010-05-27, 07:09 PM
Me and some buddies want to do something tomorrow, but we don't know. Lazerquest is an option but we did that last year. Paintball is out, and we don't want to make clay pots. So, can the Playground think of any ideas?

Froogleyboy
2010-05-27, 07:34 PM
Hmm . . . Asking the playground what to do with some friends? I wonder what the answer would be? :smalltongue: (Play D&D)

SilentNight
2010-05-27, 07:40 PM
Alternatively, go to the beach, if you happen to live near a hospitable coast. If you're not so lucky, pick one of your houses with a large tv, kick back and watch some movies and play board games.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-27, 07:41 PM
well, it depends on how many friends. For example, if you have three other guys you could all play some sort of video game. (Mario kart, left 4 dead, pretty much anything that's four players) If you have more you could play something like Risk. You could also just get a bunch of sodas, snacks, popcorn and pop in a bunch of bad movies.

Or, D&D like Froogleyboy said.

Leecros
2010-05-27, 08:32 PM
ultimate time waster/brain killer: Play Monopoly

Jokasti
2010-05-27, 08:53 PM
This is for after DnD. :smallcool:And normally we play video games and board games, so something different...

Leecros
2010-05-27, 09:10 PM
This is for after DnD. :smallcool:And normally we play video games and board games, so something different...

huh...we normally play D&D till people start leaving, then we just sit and hang out and talk about the evening's session or have the few remaining people roleplay until they have to leave.

Jokasti
2010-05-27, 09:18 PM
My group stops at about midnight, then stay up till eightish gaming. SoYeah.

Pocketa
2010-05-27, 09:30 PM
Go to a local park. Everyone will spring for a different item (sandwiches, drinks, utensils, etc.) and you can have a picnic, play a sport, etc.

Go to someone's house. Play a board game, or play video games.

Get some cheap colored pencils. Draw in somebody's garden, or at the park. Draw people, try caricatures.

Volunteer at a local charity.

Go to Fanime, I'll be there, LARP demo, dontcha know.

Krade
2010-05-27, 09:34 PM
When I first saw this thread the first answer that popped into my head was sex. Of course, I would never be so crass as to actually mention it:smalltongue:

Jack Squat
2010-05-27, 09:37 PM
Lazerquest is an option but we did that last year.
Well, there went my first idea. How about -

Paintball is out

Well, there went my two ideas i came into this thread with.

You could always riff on bad movies, pull out twister, have a NERF war, make zombie plans, or shoot stuff with a potato gun.

ninjaneer003
2010-05-27, 09:38 PM
Go fishing, Watch the all the star wars movies in a row, watch all the Lord of the Rings movies in a row, Go see a movie, go to steak and shake/dennys at 5 in the morning, if it's raining go out side and watch all the earthworms on the side walk (actually did this with a group of friends we're all in college and it was surprisingly fun), have competitions to see who can find the best youtube video, watch an entire anime series (that takes some time), try to take over the world, or play charades

Krade
2010-05-27, 09:49 PM
Go fishing, Watch the all the star wars movies in a row, watch all the Lord of the Rings movies in a row, Go see a movie, go to steak and shake/dennys at 5 in the morning, if it's raining go out side and watch all the earthworms on the side walk (actually did this with a group of friends we're all in college and it was surprisingly fun), have competitions to see who can find the best youtube video, watch an entire anime series (that takes some time), try to take over the world, or play charadesI like how charades comes directly after trying to take over the world. It's like you put you're whole list in order of least to most most morally objectable activities.

Deth Muncher
2010-05-27, 09:53 PM
Psh, who hangs out in meatspace ANYWAYS. Meatspace hangouts are for losers. God I'm so alone... D:

Teehee.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-05-27, 11:40 PM
Uhm, why not just go to a club?

golentan
2010-05-28, 12:25 AM
Recommendation 1: Word games or live music (there's always live music. Always. You can go to a town of 30 people and there will be live music that night).

Or you could do what I do when in doubt. Ask the ticket lady at the Greyhound station to "Surprise me." Or, climb in the car, ask the first person you see for a cardinal direction, and head that way until you see something interesting, then do it.

Jokasti
2010-05-28, 12:49 AM
It's the DMs 16th birthday, so that's why it has to be teh awesome.
Pocketa: The last time we walked home from school to the DMs house, we got caught in the Great Nashvillian Flood of OhTen. And most of the fellas are allergic to sunlight... Board and video games are on the list though.
Krade: no comment. :smallcool:
Jack: We are all already fully equipt to survive the zompacolypse, but NERF sounds cool. We all have some guns. Nerf ones, that is.
Ninja: Unfortunately, half the guys know the bloodlines of obscure hobbit clans better than Tolkien and won't watch the Star Wars movies (after the first) cause they don't have Revan. Worms and Youtube sound legit. As does charades.
Krade: look up MurderArsonAndJaywalking.
Don: we are all too young. I don't want to go to jail (for that).
Golentan: Our parents might not like those things. And we live in Music City. Do country is about it, and most of that is in bars. Word games sound icy.
Thanks fo the suggestions so far! We might just have to collect worms then storm a Greyhound with NERFs and demand transport to Somewhere Cool.

Rutskarn
2010-05-28, 01:23 AM
Me and some buddies want to do something tomorrow, but we don't know. Lazerquest is an option but we did that last year. Paintball is out, and we don't want to make clay pots. So, can the Playground think of any ideas?

None that are legal and/or sanitary, no.

I guess Disneyland? Doesn't matter where you currently are. Disneyland exists in all of our hearts.

RandomNPC
2010-05-28, 07:03 PM
tell your friends that when someone says "Hey, I'm Bored" it's the key word to start a shoving match that quickly evolves into a faked fight between everyone who knows about the key words.

crash a party.

get into the middle of a bunch of people and say the key words.

???

Profit.

Syka
2010-05-28, 08:18 PM
I know I'm late but when my friend's and I got together last weekend for the first time in forever, we made some burgers, chips, and fruit salad and watched Hotel for Dogs and He's Just Not That Into You.

We're all between 23 and 28. And the DUDES chose He's Just Not That Into You. And LIKED it. :smallbiggrin:

But yeah...our get togethers normally just consist of food of some sort (normally Italian, since our resident meal-maker is Italian) and finding a movie to watch on our Free On Demand channels (and occasionally the pay-per-view channels). When one of them lived where she had a fire pit, we also did that.

Pocketa
2010-05-29, 12:11 AM
Meet girls.

Outside.

Take a frisbee to the beach.

A few frisbees.

And meet girls.

Or, guys, if you're inclined.

Or whatever.

Make some new friends.

Octopus Jack
2010-05-29, 02:30 AM
Build something: A tennisball mortar, a giant cardboard snake, an oversized kitchen utensil or a giant purple face. Then glue the oversized kitchen utensil to the giant purple face, set that and the giant cardboard snake up in a garden and start firing tennisballs at them. :smallbiggrin:

drakir_nosslin
2010-05-29, 05:33 AM
Build something: A tennisball mortar, a giant cardboard snake, an oversized kitchen utensil or a giant purple face. Then glue the oversized kitchen utensil to the giant purple face, set that and the giant cardboard snake up in a garden and start firing tennisballs at them. :smallbiggrin:

Ha! Reminds me of the time me and a friend built a catapult and a small fortress and then we invited lots of friends and had a great battle with water guns, balloons and other water-weapons.
It was great fun, though the catapult wasn't that good, but if we'd a dozen or so it would have been awesome...

Delusion
2010-05-29, 06:06 AM
Why has no one suggested DnD yet? :smallmad:

Seppl
2010-05-29, 06:20 AM
Go kart racing if there is a track somewhere near. The real thing beats Mario Kart by far. Costs quite a lot of money though:smallannoyed:.

Mathis
2010-05-29, 06:32 AM
Why has no one suggested DnD yet? :smallmad:

See the first post. And then see where the OP says they want something to do for AFTER D&D that is not more D&D.

I'll second making food though, get together at someones house, make tacos, pizzas, salads or some sort of pasta. Anything that's easy to make for groups are cool. Alternatively you can all experiment with some exciting recipe you pulled off of the internet, it can get pretty hilareous if you have the right group of friends present. Now, bring out a deck of cards and PROFIT! (poker)

Delusion
2010-05-29, 07:30 AM
*mutters something about having bad reading comprehension skills*

Castaras
2010-05-29, 07:39 AM
Use this link on them. Then you'll think of something to do. (http://xkcd.com/330/)

EmeraldRose
2010-05-29, 10:36 AM
Hmm . . . Asking the playground what to do with some friends? I wonder what the answer would be? :smalltongue: (Play D&D)

I second this. It's what we are doing this afternoon. Along with grilling. Although, the grilling will be taking place concurrently, not after the DnD, so I don't know if that counts for you.

You could always have a squirt gun battle in the back yard. During the grilling and DnD. Maybe you could larp (yes I said it) your combats with squirt guns. You could even yell 'magic missle' while hitting someone.....

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-29, 11:04 AM
Immediate perverted suggestion aside I suggest camping.

Build humongous fire and roast large pieces of meat on the end of a stick followed by even more fire. If you're feeling like your DM deserves a trial before entering semi-adulthood spend the night hunting him through the woods/wilds and if he makes it to daylight he doesn't spend the nxt year being mocked for being a little girl.

Done.

Stadge
2010-05-29, 11:26 AM
Late night frisbee is always fun, especially because even if you're all terrible at it, the darkness provides a good excuse for fumbles :smallsmile:

Kobold-Bard's camping idea is a good one, and failing being able to actually camp properly, having a fire and cooking meat should still provide good fun, even more so with songs and daft stories thrown in.

Can't really think of much else at the moment, but a night of films/tv shows and boardgames is great. Combine it with food themed on whatever you're watching and it's pretty awesome, at least in my experience, but I love food/cooking.

Jokasti
2010-05-29, 05:50 PM
We ended up LazerQuesting, as well as some M:tG and MW2. And then there was cake. I think we WoWed some too, but I forget. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Keld Denar
2010-05-29, 11:09 PM
If you are going to be playing board games, I highly recommend Dominion. Its a pretty easy board game to learn, and with expansions, creates a nearly infinitely combinations of permutations of game play.