PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming about DnD

Salbazier
2010-05-27, 08:40 PM
Have you ever playin D&D in your dream? Or having dream realated to it? I vaguely remember dreaming baout character sheets last night.

Marriclay
2010-05-27, 08:58 PM
Funny you should mention it - a few nights ago I had a dream ago that I was playing with a knight, a zombie, and a baby red dragon. All I really remember about it was that the knight had a pole up his rear, the zombie's name was Rob, and the dragon wouldn't stop chewing on the miniatures

Lycanthromancer
2010-05-27, 09:00 PM
Have you ever playin D&D in your dream? Or having dream realated to it? I vaguely remember dreaming baout character sheets last night.I've had fantasy dreams before. Dreams where I could fly, dreams where I was trapped on an Acheron cube, dreams where I was being chased through endless hallways by gibbering monsters straight out of the Far Realm...

Piedmon_Sama
2010-05-27, 09:11 PM
I once had a dream about someone else's roleplaying character, which was kind of nuts. Never about D&D though.

balistafreak
2010-05-27, 09:17 PM
Had a dream I was a Gelatinous Cube once. Not sure if that counts, though, because gelatinous cubes are just hilarious in general. :smallwink:

ninjaneer003
2010-05-27, 09:30 PM
Had a dream me and my friends were setting up for a game and filling out our character sheets

World Eater
2010-05-27, 09:34 PM
Worse- I had a dream about discussing DnD on the internet.

The posts, SO MANY POSTS. I knew they were discussing fantasy roleplaying, but what exactly? I don't know. But I'm sure they were angry.

nyarlathotep
2010-05-27, 09:57 PM

The posts, SO MANY POSTS. I knew they were discussing fantasy roleplaying, but what exactly? I don't know. But I'm sure they were angry.

Worst Dream ever, also tied for most meta dream ever with dreaming you are dreaming.

Pink
2010-05-28, 12:17 AM

how do you know you aren't dreaming....right now?

Marriclay
2010-05-28, 12:47 AM
Don't enter paradoxes into this!

AUGH!

Lord Raziere
2010-05-28, 12:59 AM

or that you actually wake up when you go to sleep?

mucat
2010-05-28, 01:09 AM
Dreamed once that I was DMing for a group of novices, all learning to play for the first time...only there were an entire lecture hall full of them. Apparently, the plan was for all 200 or so of them to be one adventuring party (the dream started in media res, or maybe I just don't remember the beginning, so I have no idea why we decided to do this.)

We were going over how to create characters, and then got as far as their first combat encounter -- which was actually going pretty smoothly somehow -- before my alarm went off.

Anxe
2010-05-28, 01:20 AM
My worst nightmare was of D&D.

I was playing with my friends around a table in one of their dining rooms. All of their faces had been painted to look exactly like skeleton faces. They told me to stand up and get something out from a bookcase. I got out an illustration of the monster that we were fighting. They thought it looked bad and blamed me.

I sat down and as I sat down I noticed something strange on the back of one of my friends necks. It was a hole. I could see ligaments hanging down within the cavern within the hole in his neck. It was all pink and a bit yellowy. It seemed to glow from behind. I saw a little movement in the neck hole, but couldn't really see what it was.

I noticed that all of my friends had these neck holes. I reached back to my own neck and felt the gross pusy edge of the hole in my own neck. Then, because it was a dream, I was able to look inside the back of my own neck. I saw a huge beetle (like the ones from The Mummy) moving around inside of my neck eating out the hole. I reached my hand inside...

And then I woke up.

Shadowbane
2010-05-28, 01:23 AM
That right there is the Astral Plane but like nightmarish. GAH!

Nihb
2010-05-28, 06:03 AM
One weird dream, I was sneaking up to some kind of humanoid monster and stabbed it 3 times, then stopped and started rolling, and reroll my second to confirm a critical roll, even shouting "Yes! 'Confirm!". Really strange when you see it in action.

onthetown
2010-05-28, 06:57 AM
After a 15 hour game, I stumbled home around 6am and fell into bed and slept for another 13 hours. Most of that sleep was dreaming that I was rolling dice and adding numbers, except I would get to physically see what the characters did after I dictated their actions.

I think I had way too many pixie stix that day.

The_Admiral
2010-05-28, 07:20 AM
or that you actually wake up when you go to sleep?

get out of here Dreamlord

Dhavaer
2010-05-28, 07:56 AM
A friend of mine had a dream in which she was attacked by a minotaur and called me to find out their stats and the best way to kill them.

Tetsubo 57
2010-05-28, 09:39 AM
I have dreamed about gaming countless times. Most often fantasy genre games like D&D.

I have one recurring dream. In it I find THE treasure trove of all gaming hoards. Just hundreds of gaming books for either free or a ridiculously low cost. I must have had that dream 50 times. My wife thinks I am actually predicting the future. Where some other gamer has found my actual gaming collection. :)

Gamerlord
2010-05-28, 09:53 AM
I once had a dream about famous American and British politicians playing D&D.

And a dream about stuffed animals playing D&D.

Hand_of_Vecna
2010-05-28, 11:08 AM
I'm really sick in the head because during most of my dreams at some point I become aware of everything's stats. Sometimes I actually see character sheets and dice like I'm a D&D character seeing through the 4th wall.

ashmanonar
2010-05-28, 11:12 AM
Dreamed once that I was DMing for a group of novices, all learning to play for the first time...only there were an entire lecture hall full of them. Apparently, the plan was for all 200 or so of them to be one adventuring party (the dream started in media res, or maybe I just don't remember the beginning, so I have no idea why we decided to do this.)

We were going over how to create characters, and then got as far as their first combat encounter -- which was actually going pretty smoothly somehow -- before my alarm went off.

The real question is, were you naked during your lecture hall D&D dream?

Zen Master
2010-05-28, 03:33 PM
I've had fantasy dreams before. Dreams where I could fly, dreams where I was trapped on an Acheron cube, dreams where I was being chased through endless hallways by gibbering monsters straight out of the Far Realm...

Funny stuff - I can always fly in my dreams. Sometimes I don't remember that I can - and then suddenly I realise 'hey wait ... I can fly, can't I?!'

Also, I have ... terribly violent dreams sometimes. Not fantasy, tho.

Nidogg
2010-05-28, 04:10 PM
Funny stuff - I can always fly in my dreams. Sometimes I don't remember that I can - and then suddenly I realise 'hey wait ... I can fly, can't I?!'

I in my dreams, realise I can fly then dont because "that would be cheating" said in the best voice you can have for a subconcious.

Saint GoH
2010-05-28, 07:13 PM
MMM... a few days ago I dreamt I was late to my 8am class. My reasoning? Apparently I found a way to add all my stats*2 to my damage, and I figured I was too powerful for class.

When I woke up at 7:30 I decided that excuse was epic enough in real life too...

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-28, 07:19 PM
Bizarely enough, last night I had a dream where I was rolling up a shifter duid/moonspeaker (yep it was THAT specific)... and to make things worse the last thread I read was this one... now thats creepy.

Zovc
2010-05-28, 07:23 PM
...All I really remember about it was that the knight had a pole up his rear...

You have weird dreams. ;)

chiasaur11
2010-05-28, 07:23 PM
Dreamed about being on this forum.

That count?

Grimtina
2010-05-28, 07:46 PM
It creeps into my dreams at times. But mostly related to other things, like movies i saw and some D&D creeps in.

I was dreaming recently I was hiding among all my RPG books, and if I stood still they'd think I was a miniature. Whoever "they" were.

Unfortunately, the GM from somewhere told me I didn't make my hide check.

Optimystik
2010-05-28, 07:54 PM
I've had WoW dreams (one of many indicators that led me to quit) but not D&D.

(Though I'll probably go back in for Cataclysm... sigh)