PDA

View Full Version : Character Wealth

Brom
2010-05-27, 11:26 PM
My friend sand I haven't played D&D and months, and we're doing a one shot. We need to know what the wealth for an 8th level character is, the page is 135 (I believe) of the DMG. Answers will be rewarded with 720XP!

Temotei
2010-05-27, 11:28 PM
My friend sand I haven't played D&D and months, and we're doing a one shot. We need to know what the wealth for an 8th level character is, the page is 135 (I believe) of the DMG. Answers will be rewarded with 720XP!

I don't believe that is OGC, so you'll have to find out yourself by using the book.

By the way, how do you know the page, but not know the numbers?

PersonMan
2010-05-27, 11:34 PM
I don't believe that is OGC, so you'll have to find out yourself by using the book.

By the way, how do you know the page, but not know the numbers?

S/he's probably AFB, like I always am when I need WBL or somesuch.

Brom
2010-05-27, 11:34 PM
You're really going to get insistent on OGC?

How do you think I know the page number? I OWN the DMG. I own Complete Scoundrel, Complete Adventurer, Complete Mage, Complete Arcana, Player's Handbook I and II, Dungeon Masters Guide, Rules Compendium, Unearthed Arcana, Complete Warrior, Stormwrack, Libris Mortis, Book of Vile Darkness.

I'm a D&D nerd, and I have the page I look up when I generate characters memorized, I just don't know the wealth of an 8th level character. If it makes you feel bad to ''put that information'' (with all the value of knowing 8th level character wealth) in a public forum, whisper it to me instead. Just give me the benefit of the doubt with this -.-

Temotei
2010-05-27, 11:41 PM
S/he's probably AFB, like I always am when I need WBL or somesuch.

Regardless, it's not open. Honestly, I believe Brom. That doesn't change the rules.

You're really going to get insistent on OGC?

Yes.

How do you think I know the page number? I OWN the DMG. I own Complete Scoundrel, Complete Adventurer, Complete Mage, Complete Arcana, Player's Handbook I and II, Dungeon Masters Guide, Rules Compendium, Unearthed Arcana, Complete Warrior, Stormwrack, Libris Mortis, Book of Vile Darkness.

I'm a D&D nerd, and I have the page I look up when I generate characters memorized, I just don't know the wealth of an 8th level character. If it makes you feel bad to ''put that information'' (with all the value of knowing 8th level character wealth) in a public forum, whisper it to me instead. Just give me the benefit of the doubt with this -.-

Another can do it. I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet if you look hard enough, though.

I believe you. It's just that in the event you're lying, I won't be giving information away that you shouldn't know. Sorry. :smallsigh:

arguskos
2010-05-27, 11:45 PM
I believe you. It's just that in the event you're lying, I won't be giving information away that you shouldn't know. Sorry. :smallsigh:
Dude, normally, I'm fine with sticking to OGL material, but in this case, it's a bit pedantic. WBL for level 8 is 19+your level, with some zeros on the end (more than 2, less than 4).

Temotei
2010-05-27, 11:47 PM
Dude, normally, I'm fine with sticking to OGL material, but in this case, it's a bit pedantic. WBL for level 8 is 19+your level, with some zeros on the end (more than 2, less than 4).

Arithmetic! :smallbiggrin:

Pedantic? Probably. Oh well. :smallsmile: That pretty much describes my work in general.

arguskos
2010-05-27, 11:48 PM
Arithmetic! :smallbiggrin:

Pedantic? Probably. Oh well. :smallsmile: That pretty much describes my work in general.
Well, I mean, you're giving the man a number. If you copied a whole page of text, ok, fine, you probably should be smacked for that one, but really? It was 5 digits, that's pretty safe in any case.

Temotei
2010-05-27, 11:49 PM
Well, I mean, you're giving the man a number. If you copied a whole page of text, ok, fine, you probably should be smacked for that one, but really? It was 5 digits, that's pretty safe in any case.

They're always watching, man. *eyes dart from right to left to right again*

Always.

Brom
2010-05-27, 11:55 PM
In the name of your sacred OGL, I requested players move to level ten, which I have the wealth memorized for from making dozens of 10th level characters. 49, 000 GP, a nice round number to work with.

Thanks for your help, gentlemen and Lawful Stupid.

arguskos
2010-05-27, 11:56 PM
In the name of your sacred OGL, I requested players move to level ten, which I have the wealth memorized for from making dozens of 10th level characters. 49, 000 GP, a nice round number to work with.
1. You missed a post.

2. Uh, attacking Temotei for having principles is not a great tack to take buddy. Take a breather, read the thread closer (and see the post you missed), and chill. :smallwink:

PersonMan
2010-05-27, 11:57 PM
So this is where you guys were.

Anyways, yeah. 27 grand.

I also have 15th level WBL memorized, and 20th. And 2nd. But nothing else.

Temotei
2010-05-28, 12:00 AM

Ouch, man. I'd just rather not. It's not like it's a terrible thing to give you the number, it's just that I'm careful.

Anyway, name calling is against the rules. :smallwink:

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 12:01 AM
Anyway, name calling is against the rules. :smallwink:

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~zuses1/i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Temotei
2010-05-28, 12:03 AM
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~zuses1/i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

The best part about this is that I'm Neutral Good according to every D&D test I've taken. In real life, I tend toward chaos, but when I sit down in my room at night, I tend toward law. I'm a weird person, I guess. :smallcool:

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 12:05 AM
I see. It's 1 AM here. I would have gone to bed a while ago, but you people kept me up. Luckily I got out of school three days ago, or I'd be annoyed. :smalltongue:

arguskos
2010-05-28, 12:06 AM
I see. It's 1 AM here. I would have gone to bed a while ago, but you people kept me up. Luckily I got out of school three days ago, or I'd be annoyed. :smalltongue:
Same here... well, except for the "bed" comment. And the school comment. :smalltongue:

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 12:07 AM
Same here... well, except for the "bed" comment. And the school comment. :smalltongue:

Well, technically I went to bed two hours ago, but...

I love having a laptop.

Temotei
2010-05-28, 12:08 AM
Well, technically I went to bed two hours ago, but...

I love having a laptop.

Bah. It's only 12:09 here.

I think the 4th of June is our last day of school.

Hey...that reminds me. I turn eighteen in four days.

arguskos
2010-05-28, 12:09 AM
Bah. It's only 12:09 here.

I think the 4th of June is our last day of school.

Hey...that reminds me. I turn eighteen in four days.
It's not as exciting as was previously indicated.

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 12:10 AM
Nice.

Which reminds me, I'm...doing nothing in four days.

But tomorrow I have a possible meet, Saturday a meet and Sunday another possible meet. So...

Temotei
2010-05-28, 12:12 AM
It's not as exciting as was previously indicated.

Heh. I'll have fun rubbing it in my senior girlfriend's face for a fortnight. :smallcool:

EDIT: By "senior," I mean senior-year student in high school. Not 65+-year old. :smalltongue:

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 12:14 AM
Heh. I'll have fun rubbing it in my senior girlfriend's face for a fortnight. :smallcool:

EDIT: By "senior," I mean senior-year student in high school. Not 65+-year old. :smalltongue:

Good.

...But I thought you meant senior year student, anyways.

Temotei
2010-05-28, 12:15 AM
Good.

...But I thought you meant senior year student, anyways.

Knowing arguskos's pattern, he'd take advantage of my slight slip. :smallamused:

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 12:18 AM
I see.

This is weird, the three of us having a conversation across multiple threads while it seems like the rest of the board is fairly deserted(but isn't).

arguskos
2010-05-28, 12:19 AM
It's called being awesome.

Also, Temotei, I totally would have, but I'm playing Pokemon while talking to ya'll, so I'm a bit slow. :smalltongue:

Alsoalso, 21 seconds.

Alsoalsoalso, ASSASSINS DAMMIT.

Temotei
2010-05-28, 12:25 AM
It's called being awesome.

Also, Temotei, I totally would have, but I'm playing Pokemon while talking to ya'll, so I'm a bit slow. :smalltongue:

Alsoalso, 21 seconds.

Alsoalsoalso, ASSASSINS DAMMIT.

Way ahead of you, darn it. :smalltongue:

Did you ever notice I don't swear? It's sometimes a burden, but I pride myself on that. I don't know why. I suppose that's fairly lawful in nature. Following a code and all.

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 12:28 AM
Yeah. If my posts are a bit slow, it's because I'm in the middle of CONQUERING THE THE WORLD, and ,as you know, that can take up a lot of your time and make it difficult to respond to some things.

...Hex Empire is awesome BTW.

arguskos
2010-05-28, 12:29 AM
Did you ever notice I don't swear? It's sometimes a burden, but I pride myself on that. I don't know why. I suppose that's fairly lawful in nature. Following a code and all.
No, it's because you probably came from a religious upbringing, and they taught you to behave well, unlike mine. :smallamused: Note: we should really leave this thread in peace at some point here.

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 12:31 AM
How about now?

Also, I swear like a flying Eff Llama, but only in certain circumstances.

Temotei
2010-05-28, 12:32 AM
No, it's because you probably came from a religious upbringing, and they taught you to behave well, unlike mine. :smallamused: Note: we should really leave this thread in peace at some point here.

Eh. I stopped going to church because I didn't like it when I was four. Incidentally, I was aided by my brother being born.

It's not so much the teachings, really. No one ever told me "this is right" or anything. I read some of the Bible and found some disturbing...things.

Anyway, not for this forum. All I can say is, I don't swear because I don't feel the need to. It might make some things funnier, but if I can get my point across just as well without swearing, it's probably better that way.

arguskos
2010-05-28, 12:33 AM
How about now?
After you. :smalltongue:

Also, I swear like a flying Eff Llama, but only in certain circumstances.
Same here... assuming "circumstances"=all the time, for giggles.