PDA

View Full Version : Dinos Or Eyes: Which Are Better?

rewinn
2010-05-28, 12:22 AM
Did Elan choose wisely?

Froogleyboy
2010-05-28, 12:28 AM
I think his choice was wise. I mean, he can see hailey any day, but DINOSAURS! are a once in a lifetime deal

derfenrirwolv
2010-05-28, 01:16 AM
Dinos, no doubt. He's with haley 24/7. How often do you get to ride a triceratops?

Lycan 01
2010-05-28, 01:36 AM
Yes, but think of the consequences. He can get over the dissappointment of not seeing a dinosaur, which may or may not be common in the world of Order of the Stick, all things considered. But the wrath of an insulted girlfriend is something never, ever fades... :smalleek:

Killer Angel
2010-05-28, 01:59 AM
But the wrath of an insulted girlfriend is something never, ever fades... :smalleek:

...but Elan is a Bard: resist, resist, resist the urge to makes my life horrible! :smallbiggrin:

Mercenary Pen
2010-05-28, 02:08 AM
'Eyes' every time, I'm just not much of an animal person.

Darth Hunterix
2010-05-28, 02:52 AM
Dinos are big, so Elan can take Haley with him.

Kato
2010-05-28, 04:02 AM
For most 'normal' people I'd say 'he made a horrible mistake' but considering it's Elan Haley either won't be too angry or he will find ways to... handle.

Peanut Gallery
2010-05-28, 07:12 AM
Dinos. Hands down.
Plus I find the cliche of holding physical affection at ransom to be distasteful.

Lupusater
2010-05-28, 07:40 AM
Well, if the dinos are big enough,he can combine the two things... like with the sandworm!

Eldan
2010-05-28, 07:45 AM
He has at least 18 charisma. How long will she actually stay mad?

Scarlet Knight
2010-05-28, 08:30 AM
Face it, Dinos are big and can be mounted. Can you say the same for those perky...oh, um, right. Never mind.
:smallredface:

Swordpriest
2010-05-28, 08:54 AM
(I don't really get some of the other comments in this thread. Reading the comic yet again, I don't see Haley getting mad because Elan chose dinosaurs in "preference" to her "eyes" because she didn't offer her "eyes" to him. :smallconfused: She appears to be worried because he's running off incautiously in an evil empire's main palace, but I'm not seeing any signs of amorousness on her part, so half of the comments in here about her being mad at him for scorning her charms make absolutely no sense to me.)

With that said, to return to the main topic -- they both have something to recommend them. However, I'd probably go for the dinos myself, although with a bit more caution. I mean, he can't very well do anything with her "eyes" in the open corridor where they are at the moment anyway, can he? :smallbiggrin:

sihnfahl
2010-05-28, 08:55 AM
I think his choice was wise. I mean, he can see hailey any day, but DINOSAURS! are a once in a lifetime deal
Not in a D&D world. By the time Elan's in his late teens, he'll be encountering them left and right, right along with the dire owlbears.

Mercenary Pen
2010-05-28, 09:03 AM
Not in a D&D world. By the time Elan's in his late teens, he'll be encountering them left and right, right along with the dire owlbears.

Yes, but he's checking out whether they have any dinosaurs that he wasn't previously of sufficient level to discover... Because stick-verse seems to mostly follow the rule that you don't encounter random monsters that are massively beyond what the party can handle.

sihnfahl
2010-05-28, 09:10 AM
Yes, but he's checking out whether they have any dinosaurs that he wasn't previously of sufficient level to discover... Because stick-verse seems to mostly follow the rule that you don't encounter random monsters that are massively beyond what the party can handle.
You mean the Dungeon of Monsters That Are Just Strong Enough to Really Challenge You.

Mercenary Pen
2010-05-28, 09:11 AM
You mean the Dungeon of Monsters That Are Just Strong Enough to Really Challenge You.

and the rest. The only foes they have faced that were way beyond their actual ability to handle were plot relevant.

Leecros
2010-05-28, 10:02 AM
and the rest. The only foes they have faced that were way beyond their actual ability to handle were plot relevant.

and if they were possibly plot relevant and still within their abilities to kill then they've killed it by now (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0021.html)

SPoD
2010-05-28, 11:19 AM
(I don't really get some of the other comments in this thread. Reading the comic yet again, I don't see Haley getting mad because Elan chose dinosaurs in "preference" to her "eyes" because she didn't offer her "eyes" to him. :smallconfused: She appears to be worried because he's running off incautiously in an evil empire's main palace, but I'm not seeing any signs of amorousness on her part, so half of the comments in here about her being mad at him for scorning her charms make absolutely no sense to me.)

This. The idea that it's a choice between the two is Blackwing's alone. There's no evidence that Haley would ever try to use her body as a lure to get Elan's attention away from something.

JonestheSpy
2010-05-28, 12:22 PM
This. The idea that it's a choice between the two is Blackwing's alone.

It's not even that. Blackwing just made joke the perky eyes might be more effective than ethical concerns at keeping Elan's attention when he's distracted by dinosaurs.

And as folks have said, it's all about frequency. If I was living in the Land of the Lost and a nice pair of perky eyes entered the picture, you can bet I'd forget about the dinos right quick.

slayerx
2010-05-28, 12:40 PM
But the wrath of an insulted girlfriend is something never, ever fades... :smalleek:

Oh pish posh, if that were true then there would be no such thing as make up... err... loving...

The Succubus
2010-05-28, 04:24 PM
Oh pish posh, if that were true then there would be no such thing as make up... err... loving...

Reconilatory fornication.

For myself, I'd happily choose eyes any day. At least you can't be devoured by eyes, unless their owner is in a really bad mood.

Gamiress
2010-05-28, 10:25 PM
Reconilatory fornication.

For myself, I'd happily choose eyes any day. At least you can't be devoured by eyes, unless their owner is in a really bad mood.

Obviously you haven't read American Gods. :smalltongue:

Bongos
2010-05-28, 10:39 PM
uh, we're talking about boobies versus dinosaurs right?

Leecros
2010-05-28, 10:44 PM
uh, we're talking about boobies eyes versus dinosaurs right?

fixed it for you

and yes...the choice seems obvious to me...but i guess there's allowed to be a difference in opinion

Bongos
2010-05-28, 11:28 PM
fixed it for you

and yes...the choice seems obvious to me...but i guess there's allowed to be a difference in opinion

If that's what they are called then why are girls always asking me to look them in the eyes when I'm already am? They seem kind of angry about it too. That settles it....dinosaurs, definitely dinosaurs, much easier to understand...and funner to ride...wait, was that a double entendre?

Leecros
2010-05-28, 11:48 PM
If that's what they are called then why are girls always asking me to look them in the eyes when I'm already am?

maybe you should get a better look...and compliment them. All girls like to have their eyes complimented.

tomandtish
2010-05-29, 12:57 AM
Yes, but think of the consequences. He can get over the dissappointment of not seeing a dinosaur, which may or may not be common in the world of Order of the Stick, all things considered. But the wrath of an insulted girlfriend is something never, ever fades... :smalleek:

Girlfriends, maybe but the wife.... After 16 years of marriage, it's like a scar, it may fade some, but trust me, it will always be brought back up. Usually when you are at your most defensless.

goes to do the dishes, wash the dogs, vacuum the house, and clean out her car. :smallfrown:

The Succubus
2010-05-29, 03:30 AM
Obviously you haven't read American Gods. :smalltongue:

Certainly have read American Gods, although it wasn't the eyes doing the...well...:smalleek:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-29, 08:16 PM
Eyes are better. :smallwink:

Gift Jeraff
2010-05-29, 09:07 PM
Dinosaurs all the way. Never been a fan of those kinds of eyes, nor the eyes on the backside, really.

Procyonpi
2010-05-30, 02:03 AM
Dinos and eyes! Wouldn't riding dinosaurs make an awesome date?!

In all seriousness, though, I share Elan's weakness for Dinosaurs.

Marillion
2010-05-30, 04:26 AM
Girlfriends, maybe but the wife.... After 16 years of marriage, it's like a scar, it may fade some, but trust me, it will always be brought back up. Usually when you are at your most defensless.

goes to do the dishes, wash the dogs, vacuum the house, and clean out her car. :smallfrown:

Amen. I got a wife at home. She's the apple of my life, but I wish she would leave me alone. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-GGia_Jui0)

That said, my girlfriend has truly spectacular eyes. On the other hand, velociraptors are maliciously intelligent hyper-killing machines.

I think I have to go with dinos.

Procyonpi
2010-05-30, 04:37 AM

Um, Xykon is like, 8 levels higher than the order...

Asta Kask
2010-05-30, 06:18 AM
Face it, Dinos are big and can be mounted. Can you say the same for those perky...oh, um, right. Never mind.
:smallredface:

Isn't it more a question of Haley mounting Elan? I'm sure Elan welcomes the chance to be the one doing the mounting for once.

This brings up horrible memories of the Crack Pairings Thread...

Ancalagon
2010-05-30, 06:31 AM

Probably even more. It's more like "average level 14" vs. 28.

Leecros
2010-05-30, 09:50 AM
What about Dino's WITH Eyes, get the best of both worlds (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0676.html)

Threeshades
2010-05-30, 10:33 AM
Luckily I don't think I'd ever be put before the choice. And if I were, I'd go with dinosaurs, because I wouldn't want to be with anyone who would not let me have dinosaur rides.

Bongos
2010-05-30, 10:41 AM

Xykon isn't a random monster encounter, he's the central villain to the whole campaign.

rewinn
2010-05-30, 03:37 PM
De Eyes vs. Di Noes: it looks like the jury is hung!:smallwink:

Herald Alberich
2010-05-31, 02:34 AM
There's no evidence that Haley would ever try to use her body as a lure to get Elan's attention away from something.

Right, that's Julia's schtick.

Also, I am entirely shocked that no one has mentioned this (http://xkcd.com/650/) yet. Back when it came out, my thought was girlfriend over dinosaur ride, but preferably we'd be riding the dino together.

Garwain
2010-05-31, 05:18 AM
Elan is doing the right thing. For 2 reasons:

1. The type of dinosaures pictured on the door are those with long neck and tales. Long cylindrical body parts. Elan knows damn well what that does with Haley's mood (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0690.html).

2. Would you pass by the opportunity to ride the Elanasaurus (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0693.html)?!

KoboldRevenge
2010-06-09, 08:19 PM
how 'bout dinos with eyes hmm?:smallwink: