PDA

View Full Version : Perfection and Exalted Bonuses Question (3.5)

Lawful_G
2010-05-28, 01:19 AM
These are mentioned in the feats of the Book of Exalted Deeds, but I can't find them defined anywhere inside the book. I get the impression that they are the same thing (maybe an editing mistake), but I am not sure.

Can anyone tell me if they are separate and if they stack like dodge bonuses or only the highest applies like most other bonuses?

sofawall
2010-05-28, 01:33 AM
If they have different names, they are different bonuses and stack.

If they have the same name, they are the same bonus and do not stack, unless that name is dodge.

Lawful_G
2010-05-28, 01:40 AM
I'll rephrase.

I can't find them defined anywhere, so I suspect they might be the same bonus (maybe it started off being called a perfection bonus but then later its name was changed to exalted, but some of the old references didn't get corrected in editing). If they are not the same, then they obviously stack with each other, but in that event I was wondering if they stack with themselves.

Other than dodge bonuses, circumstance bonuses also stack with themselves, as do untyped bonuses.

sofawall
2010-05-28, 01:53 AM
Circumstance stacks in some cases, and untyped is not a bonus type. If it was, it wouldn't be untyped, would it?

They are not defined anywhere. They are different bonus types, though, so they stack.

Sliver
2010-05-28, 02:26 AM
There is almost no errata to the BoED so it is almost perfect :smalltongue:

Anyway, different name, different bonuses. Stacking - Yay.

2010-05-28, 05:48 AM
Circumstance stacks in some cases...

To expand on that, circumstance bonuses stack when they come from different sources. You can't benefit from more than one set of lockpicks (unless you're playing Munchkin, in which case you can probably dual-wield them. Keyblade for the fighter, two pick-daggers for the rogue).

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#circumstanceModifier

edit: I like the idea of a stance modifier. Strike a heroic pose, +2 to Diplomacy and Perform (Oratory).