PDA

View Full Version : Trampling?

gallagher
2010-05-28, 12:54 PM
is there a way for a non-mounted character to gain the ability to trample?

i have improved overrun, and am running a T-monk/Psywarrior, with expand (and the ability to be huge :D) there is always a tendency for thereto be a group of mooks/fighters/mooks in the way of my main target, who tends to be a caster. the caster plans to either blast me while im killing mooks, or buff them so they take me down the hard way while then he blasts me. so what do i do?

i overrun these mooks. i can easily do it, i get a +12 for size and feat, and i have a great strength. so how would i add on some trample damage? the feat trample is only for mounted characters

Renchard
2010-05-28, 02:59 PM
Turn into a centaur? I believe they have a feat in RotW that gives them Trample.

Darrin
2010-05-28, 04:04 PM
is there a way for a non-mounted character to gain the ability to trample?

First rule of Trample: never, ever take the Trample feat. You want Trample as an (Ex) ability. Two methods spring to mind:

1) Wildshape into an animal with the Trample (Ex) ability. A Druid 8+ can do this by wildshaping into a large animal with trample, such as a Cave Ankylosaurus (Miniatures Handbook, 7HD large dinosaur). There are also variants of the Ranger and Monk that can pick up Wildshape, or going into Master of Many Forms. If that isn't quite your thing, Polymorph abuse or Shapechange shennanigans.

2) Dip two levels of Totemist and pick up the Gorgon Mask or Shedu Crown soulmeld. While the base damage is a little meh... you don't have to turn into a large/huge/+ animal to use it.

Meaningless trivia: a trample attack doesn't knock your opponent down. No matter how much trample damage you do, they are still standing afterward. Although I was toying around with a build that used Trample (Ex) + the Knock-Down feat for free trip attempt + free attack whenever you trample somebody... not quite sure the rules-wrangling was entirely sorted out.