PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Class for Half-Dragon [3.5]

Volos
2010-05-28, 02:37 PM
I have a group of players interested in playing monsterous races. Of all the possible choices, I find the Half-Dragon the most interesting. I'm planning on making prestige classes for all of my players, but for now I am working on the Half-Dragon. I want to have him enter this class at 20th level, which will allow him to take the form of a true dragon for a limited amount of time each day.

The Half-Dragon varriant I'm using is Half-Dragon by Oslecamo (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8159828&postcount=257)

My idea is to allow the Half-Dragon player to take the form of a dragon for an hour per day. The dragon form that he will take will be the same as a dragon of his heiritage and it will be of the age catagory that has the same number of HD as he does. He will gain the Str, Con, and Dex of the form, just as a polymorph spell or ability. I'm not sure about giving him the extraordinary abilities of the dragonic form, but I am pretty sure that giving him the spellcasting would be broken beyond belief.
As the class progresses, I will give him a bonus to what HD he is concidered to be for the dragonic form. So eventually by level 30, he will be able to take the form of a great wyrm.
So as a concept, how does this sound?