PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Good Necromancy Cleric

CaptnB
2010-05-28, 02:40 PM
I'm in the process of creating a Good Cleric and I'm just sick and tired of the classics "Heal Bot" or "Tank" stereotypes. So after reading the new Pathfinder stuff through and through, I decided to go into an offensive caster Cleric focused on Necromancy.

I know most people would consider this build contradictory but I really don't see why. Of course the [Evil] spells would be proscribed but that doesn't make the whole school evil (if it does, than Evocation, Conjuration and Abjuration would be evil schools too). Anyways, I was looking at all the non-evil Necromancy spells and even without an army of undead, a good necromancer can be quite interesting to play.

Spells like Doom, Bestow Curse, Blindness/Deafness, Poison and Inflict Wounds loaded into a Spellstoring Warhammer or simply used on touch attacks could be a change from the usual Bless, Cure Wounds and the like.

So for roleplay purposes, I was looking for a deity that would fit that build and came up with this guy: http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Magrim

Since my cleric is also intended to be a Dwarf, it seems everything fits into place. With the Repose Domain (notice that Repose is all about good and necromancy), I could roleplay my cleric as a life/afterlife protector, fighting off undead with their own tools.

And to add a bit of fun, I was thinking about the Rune Domain, just to lay Doom, Bestow Curse or Poison as traps on the battlefield.

Right now, I'm supposed to make a level 8 cleric so here is what I have:

Race:
Dwarf (+2 Wis = +1 spell save DC)

Feats:
Combat Casting (for touch attack in melee)
Spell Focus & Greater Spell Focus (Necromancy) (for another +2 spell save DC)
Fleat (Not sure about this one, I guess 25 ft movement wouldn't hurt)

Skills:
Knowledge (Religion) (full ranks)
Sense Motive (full ranks, to counter bluff of Speak With Dead)

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Threeshades
2010-05-28, 03:36 PM
I think there is even a good deity with the death domain in the PF core book. I remember something quite contradictory about that... Or it was just that a god of death would promote undeath...