PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Lord. Worth it? 3.5

Froogleyboy
2010-05-28, 03:57 PM
Okay, I am busy thinking up my BBEG, and I think I'm going to have him take levels in the Dungeon Lord PRC, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I mean, yes, it will be good for the beginning when they are in his dungeon, but what about afterward? Personally, I love the class, but what do you guys think?

Hat-Trick
2010-05-28, 04:41 PM
If he has to move, he has to get super familiar with his new environment. That could take about a month of continuous surveying. Enough time for a minor arc, I'd say. May want to make something that doesn't need sleep to speed up the process.

Escheton
2010-05-28, 04:46 PM
all the mooks are tougher. Thus draining pc resources more. So when they finally get to the BBEG the have less at their disposal and are unlikely to just spelldump him into oblivion. It's a good feat if you aren't the kinda dm that just makes mooks tougher anyways regardless of logic or cr. Just because you want a certain kind of resistance lvl.

Fixed it for ya.

yeah, thanks. I know the class, yet wrote feat.

Hat-Trick
2010-05-28, 04:50 PM
It's a good PrC if you aren't the kinda dm that just makes mooks tougher anyways regardless of logic or cr. Just because you want a certain kind of resistance lvl.

Fixed it for ya.

Pluto
2010-05-28, 04:50 PM
What do you mean "worth it"? It's an NPC. It's not trading anything for those levels.

Froogleyboy
2010-05-28, 05:10 PM
What do you mean "worth it"? It's an NPC. It's not trading anything for those levels.

I know, but I like to put a level cap on my NPCs, and he levels up as the PCs do seeing as he's a reoccurring villain. I was just wondering if it was worth spending levels on, because if he leaves the dungeon: BOOM he looses levels
EDIT: Thanks Killian Hawkeye

KillianHawkeye
2010-05-28, 05:44 PM
reacuring (SP?)

reoccurring (alt. recurring)

Glad to help! :smallwink:

J.Gellert
2010-05-28, 06:46 PM
I don't remember the class right now, but it sounds like something that could use an acorn of far travel.

When the PCs inevitably kill him, they will maybe eat it?

OldTrees
2010-05-28, 08:00 PM
Dungeon Lord 3 might be a good trade for at will Clairaudience/Clairvoyance if you want an almost all knowing BBEG.

To take full advantage, a Dungeon Lord should have a final battle in a multiple room complex full of secret doors and traps.
Opening/closing doors as a free action combined with many secret doors gives the Dungeon Lord an advantage in mobility over its adversaries.
Not triggering traps combined with lots of traps designed to use up actions gives the Dungeon Lord a much needed advantage in the action economy.