PDA

View Full Version : Haley's father and General Tarquin

Kranden
2010-05-28, 06:10 PM
Considering Tarquin has been working the General for hire for 15 years then there is a chance he worked for Tyrinaria or at least knows its fate. He may have been around when Haley's father was imprisoned.

Swordpriest
2010-05-28, 06:58 PM
So true. And they've got a bureaucratic empire here, anyway, so the odds are that they've got a lot of records and papers, many possibly collected from the ruins of previous LE empires ....

Leecros
2010-05-28, 07:35 PM
So true. And they've got a bureaucratic empire here, anyway, so the odds are that they've got a lot of records and papers, many possibly collected from the ruins of previous LE empires ....

that would be A LOT of records considering how often an empire/country is invaded.Of course they could just get information on local empires in which case depending on where Tyrinaria was they may still have no records of it.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-28, 10:04 PM
If Rich continues with the Star Wars theme he'll be frozen in carbonite turned to stone at Jaba's a giant slug monster's palace.

Ancalagon
2010-05-29, 03:22 AM
Don't stop here, think big. Think further. Think Rancor T-Rex.

amuletts
2010-05-29, 11:42 AM
Wow it'd be great if we got to meet Haley's Father too!

Murdim
2010-05-29, 12:01 PM
Considering Tarquin has been working the General for hire for 15 years then there is a chance he worked for Tyrinaria or at least knows its fate. He may have been around when Haley's father was imprisoned.
There's also a chance that the nation Tarquin helped the Empress of Blood to overthrow, was in fact Tyrinaria. Just saying.

Mando Knight
2010-05-29, 12:05 PM
If Rich continues with the Star Wars theme he'll be frozen in carbonite turned to stone at Jaba's a giant slug monster's palace.

Like, oh, say, an obese Red Dragon's?

mizzim
2010-05-29, 12:09 PM
There's also a chance that the nation Tarquin helped the Empress of Blood to overthrow, was in fact Tyrinaria. Just saying.

Actually, from my point of view, it looks like Tarquin was in charge of Tyrinaria. He was wearing those colors.

Sanguine
2010-05-29, 12:28 PM
Actually, from my point of view, it looks like Tarquin was in charge of Tyrinaria. He was wearing those colors.

Except Haley got the letter from Tyrinaria 2 ago and Tarquin hasn't ruled a kingdom in like 20 years. So unless Tarquin lied(which he very well might of I just don't see the point in him doing so) or there is some kind of weird time warp going on he couldn't have ruled Tyrinaria.

FabuVinny
2010-05-29, 12:38 PM
Lord Tyrinar was responsible for the imprisonment of Haley's father (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0131.html), not Tarquin.

The Empire of Blood was created at around the same time so it's possible that the invasion happened soon after the letter was written. The T on the flags wouldn't make sense if he was fighting for other causes at the time so they could still be for Tyrinaria.

mucat
2010-05-29, 12:52 PM
Lord Tyrinar was responsible for the imprisonment of Haley's father (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0131.html), not Tarquin.

The Empire of Blood was created at around the same time so it's possible that the invasion happened soon after the letter was written. The T on the flags wouldn't make sense if he was fighting for other causes at the time so they could still be for Tyrinaria.
The T on the flag was a scene from Nale's infancy (there's also a "Baby on Board" sign on Tarquin's chariot.) It doesn't stand for Tyranaria unless the nation existed for a decade and a half (in which case the cartographer would probably have remembered it, if only as "that weird place that stayed on my maps for years instead of disappearing") and Tarquin served it that whole time (which contradicts his story of bouncing from the service of one nation to the next for most of his life.)

'T' could stand for Tarquin, though. A mercenary company might have their own standard, rather than fighting under that of the nation they're serving at the moment.

Shale
2010-05-29, 01:23 PM
Especially if that was the flag he used while conquering a kingdom for himself.

Leecros
2010-05-29, 02:18 PM
T stands for Tarquin. Not some nation that Tarquin may have ruled 20 years or so ago chances are its simply a personal banner.

Kranden
2010-05-31, 08:25 PM
Of course hilarity will ensue if it turns out SUPRISE Haley's dad is a slave of the empire of blood.

Luzahn
2010-05-31, 08:34 PM
Of course hilarity will ensue if it turns out SUPRISE Haley's dad is a slave of the empire of blood.

Gasp!

He's Kobold Stool from the last panel in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0717.html!

deathali'helper
2010-05-31, 10:30 PM
Its All A Constirisy!!!

KoboldRevenge
2010-06-09, 08:25 PM
absolutly no conection

Brahamut
2010-06-11, 07:50 PM

A slave in a metal bikini? Ya know, with the star wars stuff. . .

Dr.Epic
2010-06-11, 08:46 PM
Like, oh, say, an obese Red Dragon's?

I think the Empress of Blood would have eaten her petrified father by now mistaking it for a cookie.

Leecros
2010-06-12, 11:45 AM
I think the Empress of Blood would have eaten her petrified father by now mistaking it for a cookie.

a distinct possibility

and a sudden end to a thing the forumites have been going on about for awhile. I'm sure that'd get some of them riled up

Perfect!:smallbiggrin:

Souhiro
2010-06-13, 08:37 AM
Wow it'd be great if we got to meet Haley's Father too!

It'd be greater if Haley's father is tarkin too!

- Elan, I am... your father
- and she is... your SISTER
- and Xykon will be defeated by flumphs!

Ancalagon
2010-06-13, 09:38 AM
Elan's father killed Haley's father. Now that would stir up things somewhat.

Or... the killing is still about happen in the comics to come (at best with people being there and involved etc)!

Scorpina
2010-06-14, 09:55 AM

I seem to remember that Haley knew her father before he was imprisoned, thoguh. Thus, it's not Tarquin. Unless the guy who is locked up isn't really her father... or some other complication...

Leecros
2010-06-14, 10:33 AM
or some other complication...

A Wizard Did It?:smallconfused:

borg286
2010-06-14, 11:19 AM
Her father got turned into a newt.

Arcane_Secrets
2010-06-14, 11:44 AM
I seem to remember that Haley knew her father before he was imprisoned, thoguh. Thus, it's not Tarquin. Unless the guy who is locked up isn't really her father... or some other complication...

She did know him; there was a strip where she was walking with him, and he explained to her why she should be secretive, and then it was mentioned a lot earlier that she had to get his permission in order to join the Thieves' Guild in Greysky City.

Shale
2010-06-14, 11:50 AM
Plus, as we learned in the Greysky arc, he was the head of the Thieves' Guild before Bozzok. Haley worked for the Thieves' Guild. I'm pretty sure they'd met.

Procyonpi
2010-06-14, 09:38 PM
and then it was mentioned a lot earlier that she had to get his permission in order to join the Thieves' Guild in Greysky City.

That was actually in Origin of the PCs

Dr.Epic
2010-06-14, 09:49 PM

-and as a child he built C3P0

BlueWizard
2010-06-15, 11:38 PM
:smallcool: