PDA

View Full Version : Paladin help:

Os1ris09
2010-05-28, 08:03 PM
Ok this is gonna be a hard thing to ask because I don't know exactly what she wants :smallfrown: :

SO basically can anyone give me some useful Paladin PrC's and feats?

Greenish
2010-05-28, 08:05 PM
Battle Blessing and different Devotions from Complete Champion are great for paladins.

Tinydwarfman
2010-05-28, 08:07 PM
Cleric into prestige paladin (but only a one level dip of course).
:smalleek: What, don't look at me like that!

Alternatively, use the PF paladin. It is 200% better than the 3.5 one.

Greenish
2010-05-28, 08:10 PM
Alternatively, use the PF paladin. It is 200% better than the 3.5 one.Indeed, PF paladin (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/basic-classes/paladin) is a lot more functional than the basic one, and rather easy to convert back (Channel Positive Energy -> Turn Undead and you're done).

Pluto
2010-05-28, 08:11 PM
Prestige Paladin 3 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin).

Because its mechanics work better for a character who earns the "paragon of good" status and because it lets a Paladin-type gain real class features past level 4.

Or Hellreaver (FC2), Ordained Champion (CC) or Ruby Knight Vindicator (ToB).
Those classes are good times. And they have, y'know, class features.

Boci
2010-05-28, 08:12 PM
Greyguard was decent, especially if you took cleric levels to have a better casting class to advance. If you do not want to use another casting class, sword of the arcane order is a good feat that allows you to prepare wizard.sorceror spells, and serenity will reduce MAD.

Os1ris09
2010-05-28, 08:20 PM
Ok so I like the suggestions. BUT it is for regular 3.5 Paladin not the PrC paladin...... I wish is was the latter BUT I am stuck with what I got.

I may suggest Greyguard and Ordained Champion to the player.

Can you list where serenity and Sword of the arcane order are located?

Boci
2010-05-28, 08:23 PM
Can you list where serenity and Sword of the arcane order are located?

Serenity is from Dragon. It can be taken at level 3 and swaps everything based of Cha for wisdom instead. SotAO is from Champion of Valor.

Greenish
2010-05-28, 08:26 PM
Ok so I like the suggestions. BUT it is for regular 3.5 Paladin not the PrC paladin...... I wish is was the latter BUT I am stuck with what I got.

I may suggest Greyguard and Ordained Champion to the player.Remember that you don't need the class called "samurai" to play a samurai. Cleric/Ordained Champion makes a great paladin.

Os1ris09
2010-05-28, 08:31 PM
Remember that you don't need the class called "samurai" to play a samurai. Cleric/Ordained Champion makes a great paladin.

While this is very true the player not named is playing the class paladin and wants help building to that class. :smallfurious: trust me I am just as frustrated as you guys are. LOL

PId6
2010-05-28, 08:53 PM
Paladin 2/Sorcerer 6/Abjurant Champion 5/Sacred Exorcist 7 is a pretty good standard Sorcadin.

I've also been toying with Battle Dancer 1/Paladin of Freedom 3/Crusader 1/Pius Templar 1/Paladin of Freedom +1/Divine Crusader 1/Sovereign Speaker 9/Contemplative 1/Divine Oracle 1/Marshal 1

You get Cha to everything and 12 different domains to cast up to 9th level spells from. And it has 4 whole paladin levels!

Eldariel
2010-05-28, 08:55 PM
Paladin 2/Sorcerer 6/Abjurant Champion 5/Sacred Exorcist 7 is a pretty good standard Sorcadin.

Better version is Paladin 2/Sorcerer 4/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Sacred Exorcist 8. You get 16 BAB and some abilities.

PId6
2010-05-28, 09:03 PM
Better version is Paladin 2/Sorcerer 4/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Sacred Exorcist 8. You get 16 BAB and some abilities.
Thought you needed 3rd level spells for Spellsword, never mind. Yeah, use this one instead.

Os1ris09
2010-05-28, 09:08 PM
I will mention those scordian builds to the player. Will it help if I say the Race is Elf and if it would be worth while to take the ACF for the Elf Paladin from RoTW

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-28, 09:10 PM
Since no one has linked Paladin Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870162/The_Paladins_Handbook_--_2007)

deuxhero
2010-05-28, 09:12 PM
Crusader. Call yourself a Paladin. Add levels in human paragon, Ur Priest and RKV if you want divine magic.

PId6
2010-05-28, 09:13 PM
Will it help if I say the Race is Elf
Blech. :smallyuk:

Any possibility of changing that? To anything else? At the very, very least, have them take an Elven subrace with better stat adjustments (do everything you can to get rid of the Con penalty).

would be worth while to take the ACF for the Elf Paladin from RoTW
First level doesn't do anything (though it's probably a slight nerf), third level is pretty good, fifth level you don't want to get that far.

Os1ris09
2010-05-28, 09:26 PM
Well unfortunately we are stuck with Regular ELF....... I know I feel the GITP's pain.

AND ToB is ruled out. So RKV is out otherwise I would have done that with my warlock cleric build.

I will mention the 3rd lvl of the Racial substitution. I honestly feel your guys pain but I am stuck with what I got bcuz its not my character. Mine is that eldritch disciple person.

Anterean
2010-05-29, 01:58 AM
Divine Might (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#divineMight) is rather handy, though to be honest I preferred the 3.0 where you spend a move action but the effect lasted for a number of rounds equal to your charisma modifier.

With the fancy mount, the mounted combat feats can be tempting but sadly they often end up being 3 wasted feats as you rarely get to fight from horse back in my experience.

Greenish mentioned Battle Blessings from complete champion which is also great

Ozymandias9
2010-05-29, 02:18 AM
Those classes are good times. And they have, y'know, class features.

Hey, why the hate on the Iterative remove diseases? You might run into, I donno... lots of mummies and cancer mages?

elfavalon
2010-05-29, 08:43 AM
So, what exactly are you asking?:smallfrown:

Os1ris09
2010-05-29, 12:31 PM
I am asking for good feats and Prestige classes for the Base class of Paladin in 3.5

I am stuck with the Elf Race and no other variant out of the Players handbook of that race.

deuxhero
2010-05-29, 08:14 PM
Set aside starting wealth for a reincarnation spell. Just about anything without LA and RHD is better than elf.

As for class, go Cleric (or Archivist) and call yourself a Paladin.