PDA

View Full Version : Caravan to the Cursed Temple

afroakuma
2010-05-28, 11:23 PM
You've done enough work now that "caravan guard" doesn't fit your usual job description anymore, but your new employers did assure you that this wasn't the usual dull, plodding mercenary work.

The meeting took place in a hidden room behind a wealthy merchant's harem. Three were present, but only one of them seemed involved in the business. Leaving aside the whip-thin woman in veils who never spoke, and the impetuous, dangerous-looking young man pacing the corners, you focused on the seated man, a gnoll trader identified to you earlier in the day as a "friend" of the merchant in whose home you now conducted this arrangement.

You were shown a ring, a trivial little bazaar cutpiece with an image of a bird in flight. A nightingale, you were told. Obey whoever shows this sign, you were instructed, but until then, you were hired to act as a caravan guard.

With nothing further provided at the time save a lucrative contract and vague mentions of leaving the trade road at an appointed time, you have been left with little to go on regarding the true nature of your business. You've been on the trade route eastward to Nahraldikh for ten days now, and have not yet heard from anyone bearing the little bird symbol.

The wagons stop briefly so that the camels may rest, and the drivers dismount to check the wheels and axles. You've noticed which of the other "guards" have also been set aside by your mysterious employer, and the three of them have all taken notice (as have you) of the guard captain sneaking off to one of the wagons in the far back...

Easy character reference:

Alzira Al'Khai, human ranger (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210291) played by truemane
Kris, human fighter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210451) played by Zilfana
Midhat Kassis, human paladin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210293) played by Mr.Bookworm
Tessith Bluescale, lizardman druid/monk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210426) played by docnessuno

Zilfana
2010-05-29, 08:07 AM
Alright, i'll kick this off.

I attempt to follow the captain to wherever he is trying to sneak to.

Zilfana
2010-05-29, 08:09 AM
No wait, I don't wish to do that, because I was under the impression that we knew each other, the party that is. Do we?

afroakuma
2010-05-29, 08:48 AM
No you do not. You're all individual hires.

For the record: in-character and descriptive actions outside spoiler; die rolls, mechanical actions and out-of-character questions inside spoiler. Deal? :smallcool:

Zilfana
2010-05-29, 09:10 AM
Alright, deal :smallcool:

Speaking to the party:
"Well, I'm clearly not the only hired blade here. If we're all on the same side, why don't we check out what that captain is up too."

I follow the captain in hopes the party will do the same.

afroakuma
2010-05-29, 09:19 AM
Kris, and whoever follows
The captain goes around to the back of the wagon and opens the doors, shielding you from his sight.

[roll0]

Kris is so painfully deaf that he doesn't even hear if he was followed. Kris is so painfully deaf he wouldn't hear a storm giant bellowing into his ear.

Zilfana
2010-05-29, 11:56 AM
Well, I guess I'll see if the party does better. I'm about to leave for work and then after that, travel, so I won't be able to reply to anything until tomorrow night. Good luck, don't die :smallwink:

afroakuma
2010-05-29, 12:44 PM
Lurkers, I know you're there. Identify yourselves now, or I will move and hide the test game. You have no idea how much I don't want to do that, but I can easily put it somewhere you cannot get at it.

docnessuno
2010-05-29, 12:52 PM
Answering to Zif, Tessith whispers:

Yess, that might be a good idea, thiss work showss a bit too much ssecrecy for my tastess.

Spot: [roll]1d20+12[/toll]
Listen: [roll]1d20+12[/toll]

afroakuma
2010-05-29, 12:57 PM
Tessith
[roll0]
[roll1]

You hear the guard captain growling about a map, and a quiet feminine voice responding, though you cannot make out anything the second voice says.

You notice large, shadowy avian figures perched above on a nearby butte.

afroakuma
2010-05-30, 10:11 PM
I ostensibly have four players on a one post per day schedule... is everyone just waiting for me to advance the plot, or is the game already over?

docnessuno
2010-05-31, 05:37 AM
I'm still here lurking, just waiting for somwthing to happen.
On an unrelated note, since this game is an actual playtest, would you like to recieve some feedback on the material (especially races and feats)?

truemane
2010-05-31, 08:31 AM
Alzhira pulls a sour face as several of her work-mates make their way to the back of the caravan. What did she care what the Captain did in his spare time? She was uncomfortable enough as it is. She had spent the past few years alone, in the wastes, hitting and robbing caravans. Guarding one, and as one of many, was not the same thing at all.

For the hundredth time in the past few hours, she walked a basic perimeter, her sharp eyes everywhere, long years of experience picking out lapses in security.

Sorry about the delay. I don't usually post on weekends, and this weekend was busier than most. I'll try to keep up in future.

Also, rolls:

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
Profession (Raider): [roll3]

Not for any real reason, exactly, just a basic security walk, picking out danger points, places where an ambush might be easier, that sort of thing.

Zilfana
2010-05-31, 08:54 AM
Well, I can't really do anything in my deaf state so I walk around the door with my lizard folk friend and check inside.
I'm sorry, I'm replying with an iPod touch so I can't really check my character stats to make a spot check roll.

afroakuma
2010-05-31, 09:17 AM
Alzhira
You hear the distant sounds of birds of prey, and see large, shadowy avian figures perched above on a nearby butte.

The location of the caravan is ideally suited to be raided, especially given its size and limited organization. You do not notice obvious signs of a planned attack, nor do you determine there to be sufficient cover for an ambush. It is your opinion that although the side itself is abysmal, there is no current risk of bandits.

Kris
As you round the wagon doors, the captain sees you. Angrily, he slams the wagon doors hastily, giving you only a slight glimpse of rolled-up maps and stacked books. He looks you over once, then growls at you:

"Mind your own business, hireling. You weren't brought on to examine the wares."

He raises a hand as if to strike you to the ground, but instead holds it in front of your face, showing a ring with a nightingale symbol.

"You've been ordered to wait until the time is right; now stop drawing attention and get back on duty."

All
As docnessuno pointed out, this is a playtest; opinions on the material as-is are also welcome, but should be PM'd directly to me, as I've already caught signs of lurkers.

The guard captain is interrupted by one of the human warriors, and appears to rant angrily for a minute before turning and walking away from the wagon.

As he turns to go, you notice a kobold slipping off the top of the wagon and dropping down stealthily. He appears to have noticed you as well.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-05-31, 09:31 AM
Sorry, been busy with schoolwork, kids, and a bunch of other stuff. I'll try to keep it a better schedule. I'll also put up my backstory today. I'll make a Sense Motive check for the kobold.
[roll0]

Midhat sighed, looking at the kobold, then walked over to him, placing his hand on the warhammer at his belt.

"What are you doing here, kobold?"

afroakuma
2010-05-31, 09:37 AM
Midhat
You sense a combination of curiosity and greed, as well as a clear sense of confidence.

The kobold grins slyly at Midhat.

"The same as yourself and all these others; guarding a caravan for a poor man's pittance."

Midhat
The kobold lowers his voice and whispers to you.

"For our employers, the ones who like birds... you recall. They've been keeping some secrets from us, and I thought it was time to worm one out of them. What about you, effendi? Going to say ten days of boredom hasn't done it for you?"

Mr.Bookworm
2010-05-31, 10:07 AM
Midhat stared at the kobold.

"Friend, you may do what you wish. But I will not join you, and I would... advise you to not do anything too rash."

Does that count as a Diplomacy or Intimidate check? Both included below just in case.

Diplomacy- [roll0]
Intimidate- [roll1]

afroakuma
2010-05-31, 10:38 AM
Midhat
Intimidate, I should think, since you're not trying to alter his mood towards you.

The kobold shrugs. "Suit yourself, friend," he says, "but if you should change your mind, I'll be around the back wagons, and I'll be carrying -" he whips out a thick roll of parchment - "this!"

The kobold stashes the roll.

Midhat and the kobold stop talking, and the kobold heads towards the back of the caravan. A cry from one of the drivers comes as a heavy thump raises a dust cloud; it appears that one of the pack mules has collapsed.

Alzira
[roll0]

You see the bird shadows on the butte spread their wings and lift off; from this distance, given the mule's fall, you're pretty sure they're vultures.

Kris
[roll1]

You're having a difficult time today; did you drink too much wine the night before? Everything's so blurry...

Midhat, Tessith
[roll2]
[roll3]

You see the avian shadows on the far butte spread their wings and lift off. They're headed this way, and appear to be vultures.

afroakuma
2010-05-31, 10:59 AM
This is... this is unfair. I've tried posting the same post three times now, and it won't let me have it with rolls. It's uncivilized! :smallfrown:

Some of the drivers have seen something, as they lazily begin unloading spears from the sides of their wagons. One of them glances over to you, and indicates the skies to the west.

"Vultures are out; if they smell that, we'll have to give them a few pokes to clear out. Nothing serious."

Midhat, Tessith
[roll0]
[roll1]

As you watch the approaching winged creatures, you realize that they aren't really vultures, though there's some resemblance. In fact, you think you can make out... arms?

Mr.Bookworm
2010-05-31, 11:09 AM
Midhat drew his crossbow off his back, and loaded a bolt into it, then shifted his warhammer to make sure it would be easy to draw.

"I don't think those are vultures, friend. Be ready."

Also, I just realized I forgot to Detect Evil on the kobold. Can I do that next time I see him?

afroakuma
2010-05-31, 11:38 AM
Midhat
You can do it right now, if you like.

There is evil nearby.

After one round:

There are 18 evil auras nearby; the most potent is a strong evil aura.

After two rounds:

There are faint evil auras on several of the caravan guards in your view, there is no evil aura on the kobold, there is a strong evil aura on the guard captain, there is no evil aura on or near the wagon he was examining.

Hope that was informative.

docnessuno
2010-05-31, 12:35 PM
Trying to spread the allarm to the other guards, Tessith shouts:
Ready your weaponss! Creaturess heading for the caravan from the [insert cardinal direction]

Mr.Bookworm
2010-05-31, 12:55 PM
How long till the "vultures'' arrive? If it'll be a minute, I'd like to go talk to the kobold again.

Oh, and are you going to make a OOC thread for this?

afroakuma
2010-05-31, 01:11 PM
Based on their current speed, you've got about six seconds. If you wanted to extend your talk with the kobold, I'll retcon and allow it, but keep it brief.

Do we need an OOC thread? I'll put one up if so.

docnessuno
2010-05-31, 01:22 PM
Readied actions: if one of the creatures attacks me or another caravan member i'll strike it

Mr.Bookworm
2010-05-31, 01:24 PM
No, no retcon-ing. I just want to tell him that I've reconsidered his offer and want to take him up on it. You know, because the guard captain apparently sacrifices kittens to a dark god in his spare time. But I can talk to him later.

I was asking about the OOC thread because I didn't know if you wanted to have this sort of conversation in the main thread.

EDIT: Oh yes, readied actions. One of the hundred things about D&D I always forget in the heat of the moment. I ready an action to yell at the creatures to stop and identify themselves.

afroakuma
2010-05-31, 01:31 PM
The drivers shake their heads and chuckle at Tessith's warning, but some of the other guards reach for their blades and look to the west, where the shadows of vulture wings loom ever closer.

Midhat's shout does not slow the creatures at all. They are coming in fast, and will be on you any second.

All
Yes, our first encounter, and yes, it is scaled to be lethal. No, I am not fair. Yes, your characters could die right here, right now.

Given our staggered posting schedules, here's what we'll try for the moment. I'll post initiative counts, and we'll just post actions ahead of resolution, unless things are going in order miraculously. If things get borked by an enemy dying or something of that sort, I'll wait for adjustment or make my own modification if the next round is already looming. If this doesn't work out for someone or you have concerns, let me know in your next post.

Initiative order:

[roll1]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll2]
[roll7]
[roll6]
[roll3]
[roll0]

Guards and drivers will act at my discretion.

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H
1||||G|C|C||
2|||A||X|X||
3|||||X|X||
4|D|M|||X|X||
5||X||||||
6||X|D|C|C||D|
7||||X|X|||
8||||X|X||M|
9||M||X|X||X|
10||Ko|||T||X|
11|||M|M||||
12||D|X|X||||G
13|||X|X||||
14|||X|X||C|C
15||||GC|K|X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

Legend:
PC: Player character
NPC: Nonplayer combatant
NPC: Known enemy combatant
C: Camel
M: Mule
X: Full-cover obstacle (wagon)
All map squares are 5 ft.

The four vulturelike creatures are roughly 60 ft. west of column C, and around 15 to 30 ft. off the ground.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-05-31, 07:24 PM
*bump*

To get this rolling, on my turn, I'll shoot with my standard action, reload with my move, pick my nose with my swift, and yell at the drivers to get in the wagons as a free action.

Zilfana
2010-05-31, 11:40 PM
I state as I draw my blades "It's about time to draw blood. I'm not being payed to do nothing."
I draw my blades and using my move and standard action, moved to B-11

I confirm that I do have internet where I am staying, and tomorrow I will be able to check it from time to time.

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 12:45 AM
1||||||C||
2|||A||X|X||
3|||||X|X|A|
4||C|||X|X||
5||X||||||
6||X|D|C|C||D|
7||||X|X||C|
8||||X|X||M|
9||M||X|X||X|
10||Ko|||T|B|X|
11||K|M|M||||
12||D|X|X||||G
13|||X|X||||
14|||X|X||C|C
15||||GC||X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

As Kris rushes around to the front line of battle with Midhat, the creatures arrive on scene. Like horrid vultures holding aloft hideous human women, they flap wildly towards you. As they approach, two of them open their mouths to unleash horrific screeches, which rip into your mind and rattle your thoughts. Alzira clasps her hands to her ears as the cacophonous shrieks tear her eardrums. The animals panic, and more than one is bleeding out of an ear. Those drivers that can still stand raise their feeble polearms, but look ready to flee.

[roll0] sonic damage
[roll1]

Alzira, full damage (13); you are deafened.

[roll2] sonic damage
[roll3]
[roll4]

Kris, Midhat, half damage (9).

Midhat fires at the nearest vulture-woman as it flies past, scoring a minor hit.

[roll5]
[roll6]

The remaining two creatures fly over the wagons, looking to cause trouble. You now note that all four creatures have wicked-looking sickles in hand.

DM's Notes (Players Keep Out)
A 71/71
B 74/77
C 50/50
D 64/64

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 12:59 AM
The guard captain begins shouting to the other guards, trying to rally them to take down the raiding creatures. He calls to the drivers, telling them all to flee.

The kobold throws a knife quick as lightning at the monster above Kris, catching it badly in the wing.

Meanwhile, the vulture-woman Midhat shot descends a few feet as she continues her swoop, bringing her within Tessith's reach. He catches her once with a powerful blow, though his second glances off her wing, and then tears the monster with his bite.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

A 71/71
B 53/77
C 50/50
D 57/64

Zilfana
2010-06-01, 10:31 AM
My next turn, if what I presume is a "harpy," has not moved away from Tessith, I move to E-11 and attack. Explain scorpions sting: Do I attack with my scimitar and if I hit I do 2d6 sneak with my dagger and then use my second attack with my dagger, or does the 2d6 count as my second attack with my dagger.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage (Scimitar): [roll1]
Damage (Dagger): [roll2] sneak

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 10:35 AM
Don't worry about attack and damage rolls, I'll take care of those as needed.

Kris
If you hit with your scimtar, you still need to make an attack with your dagger as normal. If the dagger hits, you get the bonus sneak attack damage.

Waiting on Alzira.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-01, 11:06 AM
The harpy-type things are low enough to hit in melee, right?

In that case, next turn I'll drop my crossbow, draw my warhammer, and then move to F5.

truemane
2010-06-01, 11:26 AM
Head ringing with almost blinding pain, Alzirha tries to focus on the vuture-things moving all around her. Already in motion, she draws her swords and moves away from the nearest creature, toward the nearby camel. The beast was already wide-eyed and scared. It's going to get worse before it gets better, she might have told it, if she could.

Nestled in beside the beast, she sets her back to it and readies for any attack.

Feeling a little exposed all by my lone up here with all these harpies. So I'm going a-ground. Discretion is the better part of valour, after all...

Move Action: Move to Square E1, beside the poor camel.
Free Action: Draw Swords as part of movement.
Standard Action: Ready Attack Action against anything that comes close enough to attack.

docnessuno
2010-06-01, 12:22 PM
Hoping to gain some insight on the attack, Tessith taunts the creatre he is facing.

You have no businesss here, leve now or or i will tear yor wingss apart

Next round: full attack, assuming the enemy is not moving.
Also, seems either you forgot the readied attack (and proceeded with my turn), or you used a full round attack as the readied action

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 03:11 PM
1|||||A|C||
2||||D|X|X||
3|||||X|X||
4|||||X|X||
5||X||||M||
6||X||C|C|||
7||||X|X||C|
8||||X|X|||
9||||X|X||X|
10||Ko|||T|B|X|
11|||M|M|K|||
12||D|X|X||||A
13|||X|X||GC||
14|||X|X||C|C
15||||||X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

Alzira retreats to where one of the camels has already fallen. As the guard captain begins directing the drivers and vanguard, you all feel a surge of morale. He turns back to you and shouts "Vulture harpies! They'll shriek again if they get the chance; our animals can't take much more of that!"

Kris slips around the panicked beasts and lines up with the druid, making a strike with his scimtar to lead into a hidden stab with his vile wormtooth blade. The Scorpion's Sting hits, tearing violently into the unprepared monster.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5] [roll6]

The highest-flying vulture harpy swoops over and dives down on one of the guards, tearing into him with her talons. As he falls, the creature challenging Tessith and Kris begins lashing violently at the lizardman with her sickle and talons, scoring two minor hits.

[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]
[roll13] [roll14]
[roll15] [roll16]

Tessith takes 11 damage.

Midhat drops the crossbow he'd been firing with and hefts his warhammer as he winds his way between the wagons. Two of the drivers panic and attempt to flee, but the vulture harpies slash them as they run. One of the guards fires an arrow at the harpy that took down his comrade, scoring a minor hit.

Meanwhile, the vulture harpy nearest Alzira decides to give chase, landing near the wagon and lashing out. Though her sickle and talons fly wickedly, the bulk of the wagon makes her attacks awkward. Her sickle only manages one hit, while a talon rakes Alzira's side as the other bites into the wood of the wagon.

Alzira has cover.

[roll17] [roll18]
[roll19] [roll20]
[roll21] [roll22]
[roll23] [roll24]
[roll25] [roll26]

Alzira takes 9 damage.

The last vulture harpy contents herself with taking down one of the drivers and ripping the neck of a mule.

Tessith takes his turn with the beast that attacked him, retaliating violently. Once again, he tears into the creature with both fist and fang, doing serious damage to the monster.

[roll27] [roll28]
[roll29] [roll30]
[roll31] [roll32]

Though Alzira cannot hear, she can see the bestial fury in the black eyes of the vulture-woman. She's also aware that she is badly injured.

+1 morale bonus to attacks, damage, saves

Alzira 22/44 Deafened
Kris 29/38
Midhat 37/46
Tessith 47/58

A 67/71
B 30/77
C 50/50
D 64/64

Zilfana
2010-06-01, 03:41 PM
In the heat of battle, Kris yells at the harpy "You try to kill these people including me, and because of that your blood will soak the sands!"
Assuming the harpy, nor Tessith (who I will for now on refer to as "Lizard-friend"):smallcool: doesn't move, I make a full attack on the harpy in front of us. If the other harpy at H-12 moves towards us, I make an attack on it instead if it attacks me.

Zilfana
2010-06-01, 03:43 PM
We can use the wagons for cover, or is that only because that harpy in particular is on top of the wagon?

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 04:16 PM
Wagons provide cover, yes.

truemane
2010-06-01, 04:26 PM
Afroakuma? Would you mind retconning the round to include Alzhira's Readied Action? Unless, of course, there's a reason why it didn't go off.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-01, 05:23 PM
I take a five-foot step to F-6, and then charge Harpy-Thing C with the addition of a good ol'-fashioned Smiting. And Full Attacking. Sidaru, I love Pounce.

Oh, yeah, and I yell "Is anyone wounded?"

Zilfana
2010-06-01, 05:38 PM
"My wounds will not kill me this day, not for now!"

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 08:40 PM
1|||||A|C||
2||||D|X|X||
3|||||X|X||
4|||||X|X||
5||X||||M||
6||X||C|C|||
7||||X|X||C|
8||||X|X|||
9||||X|X||X|
10|||||T||X|
11||Ko|M|M|K|||
12||A|X|X||||
13|||X|X||GC||
14|||X|X||C|C
15||||||X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

Alzira
Mea culpa.

Alzira catches the harpy as it attacks.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3] Critical Hit!

The wounded vulture harpy facing off against Tessith and Kris looks quite panicked and turns as if to flee, giving Kris the opening to slash at it yet again. The murderous pair of blades take the horrid thing through the shoulder and deep into the lung, felling it and leaving it bleeding and twitching on the ground.

[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7] Critical Hit!
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

[roll12] [roll13]
[roll14] [roll15]

Kris
Yes, I forgot the damage from the successful Scorpion's Sting. However, it doesn't matter, since she's very dead, so I won't add in the new rolls.

The farther vulture harpy flies past the guard captain, earning it a nasty slash as it takes on altitude. It then dives, taking another driver down in its cruel talons, but receiving a serious wound from the kobold guard nearby.

Midhat
F6 is adjacent to Vulture Harpy C; you can't charge her from there. Could you clarify whether you're going to move elsewhere for the charge or simply approach for the full attack + smite?

Alzira 22/44 Deafened
Kris 29/38
Midhat 37/46
Tessith 47/58

A 60/71
B Dead
C 50/50
D 48/64

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-01, 09:16 PM
Isn't there a five foot gap...

Oh wait, crap, I meant G-5, sorry. Are you going to retcon that? Thanks.

Though that's useful to know, I didn't think you could take diagonal five-foot steps.

EDIT: Wait, crap, forgot the charging rules (can't take 5-foot step, have to move at least ten feet). I'll just 5-foot step next to the harpy and full attack+Smite.

Zilfana
2010-06-01, 09:17 PM
its 2d6 sneak attack damage

To Tessith "Come "lizard-friend," there are other vermin that must bleed."

I move to A-11 and attack Harpy-A

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 09:22 PM
Midhat
Let me clarify: you cannot 5 ft. step and charge in the same round. You can move to a position that will let you charge next round, or you can 5 ft. step towards her and attack. I assume you want to do the full attack this round?

Kris
Yes, I know, but she's at -2 without it and will likely be completely dead with it; I just accelerated matters and set her to "dead."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-01, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I forgot the charging rules. Doh.

So, yes, I want to five-foot step then full attack+Smite.

Oh, and one other thing that I've been wondering. Does a full-round action take up your swift action, too? So, for example, if I wanted to cast clarity and full attack/charge in the same round, too? I don't want to do this right now, but it'll probably come up in the future.

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 09:28 PM
Swift actions can be used "any time you could use a free action." So yes, you could cast clarity in the same round as your full attack.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-01, 09:41 PM
Are you going to allow me to insert my actions into the turn, or do I need to wait for next turn?

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 09:45 PM
1||||D|A|C||
2|||||X|X||
3|||||X|X||
4|||||X|X||
5||X||||||
6||X||C|C||M|
7||||X|X||C|
8||||X|X|||
9||||X|X||X|
10|||||T||X|
11||Ko|M|M|K|||
12||A|X|X||||
13|||X|X||GC||
14|||X|X||C|C
15||||||X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

Midhat approaches the nearest vulture harpy. Calling upon the power of Sidaru, he infuses his warhammer with sacred wrath and strikes.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Panicked, the beast propels her self five feet away from the paladin, then whirls to deliver a horrific shriek, causing yet another mule to fall to the ground.

[roll6] sonic damage

[roll7]
[roll8]

Kris, half damage (7)
Tessith, full damage (13); you are deafened.

The harpy facing Alzira shifts around the wagon, attacking the ranger head-on and wounding her severely. Alzira is now very weak.

[roll9][roll10][roll11][roll12][roll13]

Attack rolls didn't trigger; rerolling in next post.

After attacks checked, total is 19 damage.

Alzira
You have 3 hp remaining. You need to get out of there now, or you will die. Use the row above row 1 if need be.

Alzira 3/44 Deafened
Kris 22/38
Midhat 37/46
Tessith 34/58 Deafened

A 52/71
B Dead
C 29/50
D 48/64

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 09:50 PM
Attack rolls against Alzira from last round.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-01, 09:55 PM
Nothing like a good divine smiting. Confirms the harpies are evil monsters and not just mindless beasts, though.

Anyway, next round, I'll full attack against enemy C again.

EDIT: I would move up and heal Alzira, but I assume that's too meta-gamey? Unless she yells out or something, I don't have any way on knowing that she's about to die.

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 10:13 PM
Ideally, she'll be running around that wagon calling for help.

Also, vulture harpy C moved upwards out of your range. You won't be able to hit her at all next turn.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-01, 10:36 PM
Don't think you put that on the map.

But if she's calling for, help, I'll move up to E and Lay on Hands her (I would make a joke, but OotS already did it) for 24 points.

afroakuma
2010-06-01, 11:11 PM
Not easy to put vertical movement on a horizontal planar map :smalltongue:.

For reference:

A is on the ground, having divebombed a driver.
B is on the ground, dead.
C is 10 ft. above the ground, being noisy.
D is on the ground, being horrible to Alzira.

truemane
2010-06-02, 08:21 AM
Alzhira had her liabilies as a person, she'd be the first to admit it. Poor social skills. Questionably personal hygene. But never let it be said that she didn't know when she was beat.

Holding her swords out in front of her to ward off the advance of the vulture-thing, she backs away around the camel and to the other side of the wagon, hoping to get some space. And maybe some help.

"I'm wounded!" she cries out, hoping that one of her fellow guards might be able to assist her, "Badly! I need help!"

Withdrawing as a full-round action. Up around the camel, and then down again on the other side of the wagon, to G3 or G4

docnessuno
2010-06-02, 12:00 PM
On my way!

Tessith rushes, quickly moving toward the wounded ally.

Depending on the field status when my turn comes up:
If C is dead or out of reach: Move next to Alzhira and cast CLW
If C is alive and noone is already helping Alzhira: Move next to Alzhira, trying to tumble any AoO from C, and cast CLW
If C is alive and someone is already helping Alzhira: Move next to C and strike him

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-02, 01:11 PM
You move after me, and I'm moving up to heal her with LoH.

docnessuno
2010-06-02, 01:38 PM
if C is dead (or i'm unable to reach it) aonther little help won't hurt.

afroakuma
2010-06-02, 02:16 PM
Tessith
Tessith, unless I miss my guess, is very, very deaf from that vulture harpy shriek. You might be able to see her run around the wagon, but I'll need a Spot check. You definitely cannot hear her cry for help.

Zilfana
2010-06-02, 07:55 PM
I'm guessing the round isn't over? I'm just checking, and I still plan to follow through with my action.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-03, 10:41 AM
PEACE FOR THE PEACE GOD! MARBLE FOR THE MARBLE THRONE!

*bump*

But seriously, I have a question. What is the cursed temple mentioned in the title? Is this RAFO?

docnessuno
2010-06-03, 10:46 AM
Totally missed the deafened bit, my bad.
I will just ignore Alzhira and move to strike either C (if in reach and alive) or A

Zilfana
2010-06-03, 12:59 PM
Posting to keep the post a day min., waiting for the next turn.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-03, 04:14 PM
C is 10 feet above the ground, doc, so you're restricted to harsh language.

afroakuma
2010-06-03, 04:52 PM
1||||D||C||
2|||||X|X||
3|||||X|X||
4|||||X|X|A|
5||X||||||
6||X||C|C||M|
7||||X|X||C|
8||||X|X|||
9||||X|X||X|
10|||||||X|
11|T|Ko|M|M|K|||
12||A|X|X||||
13|||X|X||GC||
14|||X|X||C|C
15||||||X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

The deafened Tessith cannot hear Alzira's cries for aid. Unable to reach the vulture harpy assaulting Midhat, he runs over to where he saw another of the beasts diving, lashing out at her with a vicious blow.

[roll0] [roll1]

Alzira cautiously backs away from the vulture harpy, moving around the panicked camel and the wagon to find aid.

Kris sees Tessith moving into the position he'd planned to take up, and reevaluates his next action.

Sorry; Tessith hadn't taken his turn that round yet, and his next declared action was essentially yours. Give me your next plan of attack, if you would. Midhat, I'll assume you're keeping to your proposed heal unless you tell me otherwise.

And yes, the Temple is RAFO.

Alzira 3/44 Deafened
Kris 22/38
Midhat 37/46
Tessith 34/58 Deafened

A 35/71
B Dead
C 29/50
D 48/64

Kris
A
Midhat
D
C
Tessith

Zilfana
2010-06-03, 06:05 PM
Then I move to B-14

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-03, 06:24 PM
Yes, still healing, using all of my LoH pool.

Zilfana
2010-06-05, 12:07 AM
Waiting on turn, just keeping post a day minimum again, even if it is technically saturday at this time. I'm back from vacation, so I'll check it regularly. I still plan to move to B-14

afroakuma
2010-06-05, 10:50 AM
1||||||C||
2|||||X|X||
3|||||X|X||
4|||||X|X|A|
5||X|||||M|
6||X||C|C|||
7||||X|X|||
8||||X|X|||
9||||X|X||X|
10|||||||X|
11|T|Ko|M|M||||
12||A|X|X||||
13||C|X|X||GC||
14||K|X|X||C|C
15||||||X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

Kris rounds the wagon in search of the beast Tessith has gone to fight, perhaps hoping to catch it from behind.

Midhat, still glaring at the harpy flying just out of reach, hears Alzira's cries for aid. He approaches her and calls upon the peace of Sidaru to banish her wounds. Alzira feels a tranquil calmness sweep through her as some of her more serious injuries begin to fade. However, she is still deafened and not fully recovered from the harpy's vicious blows.

You see the harpy that had attacked Alzira flying north and banking on the wind to turn back. She may attack again soon.

The vulture harpy above Midhat and Alzira flies west in search of new prey, then spots Kris sneaking up behind her sister. She dives down and slashes at him, scoring a minor hit.

[roll0] [roll1]

Alzira 27/44 Deafened
Kris 18/38
Midhat 37/46
Tessith 34/58 Deafened

A 35/71
B Dead
C 29/50
D 48/64

Kris
A
Midhat
D
C
Tessith

Zilfana
2010-06-05, 11:01 AM
Is C on the ground yet? If so, I attack her next turn. Anybody care to give me a little healing soon? I can hold out a little longer, but these things hit pretty hard sometimes.

afroakuma
2010-06-05, 01:06 PM
Vulture Harpy C is aground, yes. I show Kris at 18 hp, which is definitely within range of getting taken down if they can get you with a half-decent full attack. Tessith's deaf, but he's close enough to see your injuries, so I'll allow it if he moves to heal you.

The real risk is that you guys are in two clumps right now, and A and D have refreshed their Shriek attack. 4d6+deaf/Fort half in that large an area is a real drain on all of you.

Now then, the NPCs...

1||||||C||
2|||||X|X||
3|||||X|X||
4|||||X|X|A|
5||X|||||M|
6||X||C|C|||
7||Ko||X|X|||
8||||X|X|||
9||||X|X||X|
10|||||||X|
11|T||M|M||||
12||A|X|X||||
13||C|X|X||||
14|GC|K|X|X||C|C
15||||||X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

The guard captain finishes shouting instructions to the remaining guards and drivers. He rounds the wagon, hefting a deadly-looking mace and smashing into the nearest vulture harpy. His sudden appearance and ferocious attack sends the two beasts into a tizzy.

[roll0] [roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

The kobold smashes a vial of some foul-smelling green liquid into the nearest harpy's face. It hisses and screams in pain, leaving him free to retreat.

[roll4] acid damage

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning strikes out of the clear skies, cleaving into the larger of the two harpies. The guard captain looks absolutely furious.

[roll5] electric damage

Alzira 27/44 Deafened
Kris 18/38
Midhat 37/46
Tessith 34/58 Deafened

A 10/71
B Dead
C 6/50 Shaken
D 48/64

Kris
A
Midhat
D
C
Tessith

So... that should even things out a bit.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-05, 02:02 PM
I'm going to take a move action to the square right in front of the Kobold (B8), and then, uh, moon the harpies I guess? I could Detect Evil on them, but that would tell me that they are evil, which isn't world-shattering news. Hm.

Alright, back to the mooning plan.

afroakuma
2010-06-06, 09:55 AM
Waiting on Tessith and Alzira.

truemane
2010-06-06, 08:56 PM
Sorry guys. Weekend. Again.

Reinvigorated, but still deaf and with the memory of the pain and wounds still fresh in her mind, Alhzira cuts some strips from her cloak and wraps them around her head, in case it might offer some protection from another screach.

That done, she puts her back to the caravan and holds out her swords. Waiting.

Move Action: Bind some cloth around my head. In case.
Standard Action: Ready Action, Attack anything that gets close enough.

docnessuno
2010-06-07, 02:14 PM
Nice sshoth, now quickly, let'ss finissh them!

Weekend trouble for me too
Full round attack on A if alive and in reach when my turn comes, if not 1,5 ft step and full round attack on C.
Also rolling a spellcraft check to recognize the Call lightning

Zilfana
2010-06-07, 03:43 PM
Again, I use a full attack on C. I don't bother yelling for healing since I know Tessith can't hear, or at least I should. He should know I'm showing some wear and hopefully I'll survive the fight with C.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-07, 04:01 PM
Actually, wait, cancel my action. How far away is D, and in roughly what square?

afroakuma
2010-06-08, 12:25 AM
1||||||C||
2|||||X|X||
3|||||X|X||
4|||||X|X|A|
5||X|||||M|
6||X||C|C|||
7||Ko||X|X|||
8||||X|X|||
9||||X|X||X|
10|||||||X|
11|T||M|M||||
12|||X|X||||
13|||X|X||||
14|GC|K|X|X||C|C
15||||||X|X|
16||||||X|X|G
17||G||||X|X|
18||||||||[/table]

Tessith rips into the still-shocked, still-raging vulture harpy, taking her down. He doesn't know how that lightning formed, but his curiosity is limited.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

[roll6]

Alzira wraps her head, then stands stock-still, waiting for an attack that does not come.

Kris, still wounded, decides to finish the fight with the remaining beast, who already looks quite panicked and ready to flee. The dancing scimtar fells her even before the stinging dagger has a chance to score its mark.

[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]
[roll13] [roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16] [roll17]

Midhat looks ahead, gauging the last vulture harpy to be a little over 10 ft. above the ground, roughly 70 ft. away.

Midhat
Roughly G -10 or so would be her virtual location.

Alzira 27/44 Deafened
Kris 18/38
Midhat 37/46
Tessith 34/58 Deafened

A Dead
B Dead
C Dead
D 48/64

Kris
Midhat
D
Tessith

Zilfana
2010-06-08, 02:48 AM
"Tessith! My wounds are dire and I'm sure I can't take another scream from that hag!"

Can you heal me? That things gonna scream any second.

Zilfana
2010-06-08, 02:55 AM
Also, afrokuma, I checked out the "Vote up a Campaing Setting" in your sig, and everything seems VERY familiar. Are we playing this campaign? Are you allowed to tell us? Would you then have to kill us?:smallwink:

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-08, 10:04 AM
Yes, this is the VuaCS test. Read all of the stuff that's been leaked and it'll sound very familiar. Which is why afro has been so mad about non-player lurkers, I guess.

Anyway, afro, can you make a jump check during a charge? Vertical reach for medium creatures is 8 feet, according to the Jump chart, so if it's ten feet off the ground, could I jump two or three feet straight up and attack it?

afroakuma
2010-06-08, 10:06 AM
You caught me, Zilfana. Yes, it's a setting test; yes, you'll all be credited in it when this is done.

Midhat
I'm going to Rule of Cool and say yes.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-08, 10:20 AM
Ah, credits. What you give people when you don't want to pay them. :smalltongue:

So, this'll either be awesome, or look really stupid. Next turn.

Cursed charging rules!

Waaait. Can I yell or pantomime to her to move over as a free action, and then delay my initiative count until after hers, then Jumpchargesmite?

afroakuma
2010-06-08, 10:31 AM
Not like I'm getting paid either :smalltongue:

And sure you can, but that harpy acts before Alzira. Your choice.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-08, 10:35 AM
Zeta keeping all of the money for himself, eh?

Hm. That's a good point. I'll still do it, though. It might give me an opportunity, and it'll be better than waiting for the next turn. If I can't charge, I'll move to the harpy and attack (full attack if it's within a five-foot step.

docnessuno
2010-06-08, 12:14 PM
Tessith shakes his head, trying to understand what Kris is saying, but he can't hear anything else than a painful humming.
After looking around, he moves to approach him, noticing multiple wounds on the warrior's body.

Spot check, if nothing unusual comes up with it i move toward Kris and cast Cure light wounds on him (and another one on me too if we are out of round-by round posting)

afroakuma
2010-06-08, 12:21 PM
The final harpy appears to consider attacking again, but sees her dead sisters and apparently changes her tune, flying out far to the north.

All
Four CR 7s, four party members, that's, I believe, 2700 XP apiece. Enjoy.

That was the first combat. Some rough damage, but not too bad overall. Comments?

Tessith begins patching wounds as the guard captain takes stock of losses.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zilfana
2010-06-08, 12:41 PM
It was good. They seem to be very weak except for there screams though, in regards to attack. But they also didn't attack much.

Zilfana
2010-06-08, 01:35 PM
Kris asks the guard captain "What seems to be the loses? Can we still move out?"

afroakuma
2010-06-08, 01:51 PM
Well, remember that I slapped them around with quite a bit of damage, and also sent them chasing after NPCs and mules. The effects of a few full attacks, plus those shrieks... I'd have had a half-dead party if there weren't outside influences.

The guard captain looks at Kris, wrath still simmering in his eyes. He growls, "We'll have to, won't we? This will already cause more delays than we can have. As soon as we get the spare mules up here, we're pressing on. Patch yourselves up as best you can or you'll be left to the sands as well."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-08, 01:59 PM
Well, Alzira would have died if something hadn't been able to reach her with healing. We had the help of a magic-user, somewhere, the guard captain (who must be pretty tough, at least giving off that aura I'm seeing), the kobold, and the other guards.

If it had been the four of us alone, or if they had managed to catch us clustered together, it could have been way worse.

Also, how do you put away a hammer? Do you sheathe it? Stow it? :smallconfused:

Midhat sighed, and put his warhammer back in his belt, taking a long drink of water from his waterskin as he did so, then went back to pick up his crossbow where he had dropped it. He then went over to the kobold, and said "Can we go someplace a little more private?"

Zilfana
2010-06-08, 02:43 PM
"You've better be glad I'm doing this for pay, and not because I like you"

EDIT: Spoken to the guard captain

Is the party ever going to introduce themselves or are we just going to stay hired blades unknown to each other. I think me and lizard-friend kind of had each others backs.

docnessuno
2010-06-09, 05:40 AM
How long is the deafened condition going to last? is it permenent (thus requiring Remove Blindness/Deafness)?
I'm not going to be very social untill i can hear other people.

afroakuma
2010-06-09, 09:46 AM
Midhat
The kobold grins slyly and leads you away behind an abandoned wagon.

"So, reconsidered, have we?"

Kris
Oh, I imagine you'll be introduced in the next leg. Remember, two of our number can't hear anything at the moment.

Tessith
That's permanent deafness. You'll need the spell.

docnessuno
2010-06-09, 10:35 AM
Deafened

A deafened character cannot hear. She takes a -4 penalty on initiative checks, automatically fails Listen checks, and has a 20% chance of spell failure when casting spells with verbal components. Characters who remain deafened for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.

So 20% failure on both my CLW (If one of them fails i try to cast another)

truemane
2010-06-09, 11:38 AM
Alzirha, her ears filled with nothing but raging silence, stalked back over toward the guard captain where the others were gathering. She hoped that someone among these could aid her hearing. The wastes were a hard place to live under ideal conditions. With no hearing she was as good as dead.

She nods her thanks to the Holy Warrior for his aid during the battle.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-10, 06:26 PM
OOC
Should I be putting things like private conversations with the Little Scaly Bastard in spoilers? Just to be safe, aforementioned conversation with the LSB is spoilered below.

Also, are social customs still the same in this world? Hand-shaking, etc.?

IC
"Yes, against my better judgment. But they are hiding something."

Midhat extended his hand to the kobold.

"Midhat Kassis, priest of Sidaru. And you are...?

afroakuma
2010-06-10, 09:21 PM
Midhat
The kobold declines the handshake, instead scraping his forehead with a claw.

"Afar Zarad, tomb tapper, and no friend of Baba Shafiei, unlike our irksome captain there."

He indicates his vest, where a rolled-up parchment is coiled.

"A map to our destination. That captain has been less than open with those of us hired on by their little mob, and so I felt a little dishonesty on our parts was clear water, as you like. Myself, I don't believe we can trust the two of them, not that thug nor the witch he's hiding in that wagon."

The rest of you notice the paladin whispering with the kobold.

The guard captain brings out a cleric of some pagan desert goddess, who is able to remove Tessith's and Alzira's deafness.

Consider yourselves all healed to full... if your characters are the kind to accept pagan healing. :smallsmile: That means not you, Midhat.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-10, 09:30 PM
IC
"One second, friend."

Midhat turned to study the false priestess.

OOC
Detect Evil on the heathen witch, all praises be to Sidaru, the One True God, etc., etc.

Also, can I make a Knowledge (Religion) check (combined with any other check, if need be) to see if I can figure out who she worships?

afroakuma
2010-06-11, 09:52 AM
Midhat
The priestess is a gnollwoman in dust-colored robes; you don't know if that's from constant desert travel or if the fabric was always that way. She's wearing a suitable pack for caravan life, as well as a utilitarian toolbelt.

You overhear snatches of the heathen ceremonies:

"...that these wounds are a hardship which you have endured, and so having proven your worth, let the trials end!"

"...though bereft of senses, you stood unflinching against the foe. Your mettle is great, and the trial deservedly concluded!"

[roll0]

Nope, you've never heard of that religion.

She doesn't ping on detect evil; still just a few of the guardsmen and that captain.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-11, 10:58 AM
OOC
Er, you do know that's a +10 to the Knowledge (Religion) check, right?

Zilfana
2010-06-11, 01:11 PM
"Your goddess has my wishes."

afroakuma
2010-06-11, 05:36 PM
The priestess slaps Kris across the face. "Do not presume to condescend; the Desert Queen will not accept such shame from one such as you." Angered, she stalks off in a huff.

Midhat
My bad. :smallredface: Got the two Knowledges mixed up.

You recognize the garb and chanting as being traits of the eastern desert religion common to caravaners on the wastes, who venerate a hard and pitiless goddess called Limalia.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-11, 08:19 PM
OOC
So one, of the commandments of Limalia is "be a total bitch"? Glad I'm a Paladin of the Quaker Death god. :smalltongue: Do I get a positive modifier to convert someone after another faith slaps them?

Also, it's fine. Staring at a character sheet and mixing up one of the zillion numbers on there is a mistake we've all made.

IC
Midhat shook his head as he watched the false priestess slap one of the other guards across the face. She did not carry the stain of evil, but he was glad that birth and faith had led him to the path he walked. He would have to watch her.

He turned back to the kobold.

"Pardon me, friend. I wanted to take a closer look at the lizardwoman over there. May I take a closer look at that map?"

afroakuma
2010-06-11, 08:39 PM
Midhat
Limalia sees healing and dependence as shameful. She is the deity of hardship and endurance. A mortal giving her "best wishes" is obvious condescension. :smalltongue:

The kobold leads you behind a wagon, out of sight of the guard captain. and unrolls the map, showing you the caravan route you've traveled thus far, as well as an indicated course that would continue towards the Nahrlands. However, there is a note clearly visible next to a branched path, indicating a new route you don't recognize from past caravan jobs.

docnessuno
2010-06-12, 01:57 AM
Without a chance to thank the priestess himself, Tessith tanks to the guard captain:
Seems sshe iss a little touchy, issn't it?
Anyway, i'm glad i can hear again. Now, if you can jusst exusse me for a minute, i need to rehidratate mysself. The fight wass harssh and the climate doessn't help.

After moving in a more discrete place (i'm not prude, but don't want to offend anyone), i cast create water on myself to take a nice shower

afroakuma
2010-06-12, 12:22 PM
The guard captain gives Tessith a sour look. "You've got ten minutes. Be ready, we need to make up for the lost time."

Zilfana
2010-06-13, 01:13 AM
Well that does it, I'm done. No long being nice, no longer trying to show respect. I can see the culture and the land around me, and I'm tired of getting the sand kicked in my eyes (no pun intended.) For now on, they get the boot. :smalltongue:

Zilfana
2010-06-13, 01:16 AM
I readjust my desert wraps and hide my face from the harsh sun and prepare to move out with the rest.

truemane
2010-06-13, 03:37 PM
Alzirha, equally greatful for the priestess's help but not anxious to offend her, stands silently and watches as the carvan makes ready for travel. She does another basic perimeter and takes up her position with the other guards.

afroakuma
2010-06-13, 04:23 PM
Midhat and the kobold catch up and continue conversing quietly in back, a fact which does not escape Alzira, Tessith or Kris.

Zilfana
2010-06-14, 08:54 PM
I move to where they are talking, paying no mind to them, but getting close enough to hear their conversation.

afroakuma
2010-06-14, 10:27 PM
Kris
They are looking at a map of some sort.

Zilfana
2010-06-15, 06:36 AM
I approach them both. "I think there are enough secrets being kept here, and secrets get people killed. People like you and me. Clearly, kobold, you aren't friends with the captain, and that means I like you."

docnessuno
2010-06-15, 01:19 PM
Posting just to let everyone know i'm still here, since Tessith is taking a shower he shoule be away from action and conversation for a couple minutes of game time

afroakuma
2010-06-16, 12:43 AM
Anyone going to talk or otherwise move things forward, or is it incumbent on me once again?

Zilfana
2010-06-16, 01:41 AM
I'm tryin', I'm tryin'

afroakuma
2010-06-17, 02:59 PM
The remains of the caravan finally stop near a small pool in the wastes. The guard captain settles everyone in, then casually puts on a signet ring with a symbol of a nightingale, making sure that each of you has seen it. He very carefully and deliberately walks towards one of the larger wagons in the back.

Zilfana
2010-06-17, 03:21 PM
Well, I follow him.

afroakuma
2010-06-18, 12:30 AM
The rest of you? Going along like you're supposed to?

docnessuno
2010-06-18, 04:16 AM
Tessith follows the captain as instructed to.
Hopefully we can finally sshed ssome light on thiss - he whispers

truemane
2010-06-18, 11:34 AM
Alzirha isn't overly happy about this entire situation. Her people tended to like things up front and out in the open. They were prone to neither lying nor figuring out when other people were lying. And she herself had spent most of her time in the wastes where survival was a matter of direct and decisive action.

But this entire situaiton felt contrived to her. Like there was some nebulous script she was expectd to follow, except that no one had bothered to fill her in on the details.

Maybe it was a mistake to come in from the Sands, she thought to herself bitterly as she followed the Captain and the others toward the rear of the caravan, keeping careful watch for any more visitors.

afroakuma
2010-06-19, 01:11 PM
You follow the guard captain into the wagon, where he gestures to you all to sit.

"As you're all aware, this caravan is by and large a diversion. Your real task begins tomorrow. You will split away from the caravan and head northwest, to the ruins of the Twelfth Mastaba. There is a statue within, a brass construct that serves as an oil lamp, in the shape of the deity Johoum. It is an archaeological treasure, one with great religious significance to the Taj, and we expect a fierce and profitable bidding war to erupt when we notify the four churches. It is also cursed."

He looks you each in the eyes to emphasize this point. "The religious texts of the Taj Sunnah tell us that Johoum left this world because no flesh was worthy of his being. We understand that the curse on the relic was meant to reflect this. Supposedly, he whose skin touches the statue will be seared away by the fury of Johoum. You will therefore contain it in a thick bag."

"The temple itself was known to hold several deadly traps for infidels and those who would come to slay the Wahhaadi priests. Our surveys indicate that some of those priests may not have passed on after their murders. Proceed with care and caution."

"There may be untouched wealth in the mastaba, but any or all of it may be cursed in ways of which we are unaware. Do not let your greed overwhelm your senses."

He waves you away.

Outside, the kobold catches Midhat's eye. Kris follows, as does Tessith. Alzira notes this behavior and comes along with the group.

"Do you trust him?" the kobold asks. "I still don't. Whatever he wants in that place, getting three different sects of an angry god on your bad side is no good business proposition. There must be something else in there that he's really after, and he just wants us to clear the way for him. Now, I have his map and can get us there, and I plan to sneak away tonight. Who's with me?"

Zilfana
2010-06-19, 03:25 PM
I want to wait and see the decisions of the others in the party.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-19, 08:05 PM
Er, sorry about not posting in so long. I'll try to get back on schedule.

I guess this explains why my Evildar was ringing so strongly. The captain is a Cleric of Johoum.

Midhat only thought for a moment before replying.

"I am not usually one to break my word, but if they are servants of that accursed god, then I will not let them have what they seek. I will go with you, on one condition. Allow me to examine this statue, and if it what the captain says it is, allow me to take it and do with it what I wish."

afroakuma
2010-06-19, 08:29 PM
The kobold hesitates.

"I propose a countercondition. You've the look of a paladin about you, I can see it in your stance and hear it in your voice. Not local, either, since you don't serve either the sun god or the desert goddess. I don't believe his lies about everything in the tomb being cursed. You can see evil; you can tell me which other valuables are safe. As a paladin, I know you won't lie. Fair enough?"

Midhat
No, telling the truth is not in your paladin's code. :smallbiggrin:

Zilfana
2010-06-19, 09:14 PM
"I will follow if the paladin does. I've had enough of this guard captain. I don't have to be able to see evil aura's to know there is a stink about him."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-19, 10:02 PM
One of the benefits of being a paragon of virtue does tend to be that people mistake choosing goodness for being forced into goodness. :smallcool:

Or, more succinctly, they never see you coming.

Hmmmm, it's sort of hard to get across "He's (probably) a evil Cleric between 5th and 10th level" in IC talk, but "We can beat him if we have too" does a pretty good job, I think.

Also, after we're done here, I'll use dismiss light wounds to heal up, since my character's still a little scratched after.

Midhat nodded.

"Agreed. We need to leave as soon as we settle down for the night, however. When the captain discovers that we and his map are gone, he will come after us. We can defeat him if pressed, but I would prefer not to fight him unless necessary."

docnessuno
2010-06-20, 01:23 PM
i'm currently thorn, i can't see my character breaking his word based solely on suspects, but this might be an "intended" plot turn for the party and i don't want to foil your plans

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-20, 04:06 PM
I have Charisma and Diplomacy oozing out of my ears, plus the aforementioned reputation (however undeserved) of being a champion of JUSTICE!!! Could I convince him to go along with us?

Besides, it's not even like I'd be lying. The guard captain is evil, Johoum is evil, he's sending us to pick up a statue that was cursed because his god thought he was too pretty for the world...

I could relate the thinly-veiled Batman rip-off backstory of how Midhat had his parents killed by Johoumites if you really want to lay it on thick.

afroakuma
2010-06-20, 04:25 PM
Oh no, there's no railroading at all. You're quite free to turn in the kobold to the guard captain, or sneak away, or really whatever you like.

docnessuno
2010-06-21, 04:47 PM
No.
I will not betray ssomeone for a mere ssusspect.
I have agreed to thiss misssion, and i will abid to it unless i have proofss that i have been fooled.
Thiss meanss i will not let you thake the map. You may copy it, but i won't allow you to ssteal it.

Zilfana
2010-06-22, 10:32 PM
"It is not mere suspect, we have a paladin of 'what god to you worship?' who by divine sight can sense that he is evil. Now I don't know about you, but I'll do what I can to survive, but I won't follow an evil man."

docnessuno
2010-06-23, 03:56 PM
And obvioussly the word of ssomeone you jusst met have a much higher value than the word you gave to the guy who currently payss your billss.
Beside that, the "paladin" you sso kindly pointed to, just accepted to betray hiss employer, soo either hiss "knightly code" iss not sso sstrict, or he iss not what he wantss uss to think he iss.
Either way, i don't trusst him any more than i trusst the guard captain, but ass far ass i know, only one of them assked me to perform a criminal act sso far.
Sso, as i have already told you, you are free to do whatever you wissh, but that map sstayss here. Justice in the caravanss is sswift and mercylesss, and i don't want to be involved.

afroakuma
2010-06-23, 06:12 PM
Oh you guys are fun. :smallsmile:

truemane
2010-06-24, 08:12 AM
Alzirha closes her eyes and offers a moment's silence of the goddess Limalia. Of all the things she might have dreaded about changing her profession from raiding caravans to guarding them, in-fighting was the worst.

She makes a sour face as her compatriots start to bicker.

"Look. A bunch of perfect strangers, paid killers no less, talking about trust is silly, no? I don't trust any of you and as far as I'm concerned that's just good sense."

"But it looks to me like there's two basically two choices here. We play along or we all go home. Everything else is just lace on the camel, no? And real decisions can wait until we have more information. No?"

docnessuno
2010-06-27, 04:45 PM
I have been lurking for some time, waiting for Zilfana or Bookworm to coninue the conversation. Are you guys still with us?

afroakuma
2010-06-27, 05:29 PM
Tessith is the main obstacle at the moment, it would appear.

Zilfana
2010-06-28, 12:33 AM
That is correct. I mean, do what you want, but half the party has agreed and the other is undecided it seems. Your the only one staying.

docnessuno
2010-06-28, 02:07 PM
Tessith is the main obstacle at the moment, it would appear.

Well, since you raised no opposition to a potential party split i went on with what i felt my character would do. As i stated i won't allow them to steal the map (not without a fight at least), so now it's up to them to decide if they still want to pursue their plan or change it.

Zilfana
2010-06-28, 03:03 PM
"Why would we give you the map? No one knows but us the kobold has it, and it's clear you don't want us to have it. Why would we tell you any further plans then, and let you know when we're leaving? We will give you the map back, before nightfall, but you must assure us you will keep your prying eyes away. I assure you we will not leave before then, the desert sun is harsh thing."

I would like to talk to the kobold personally. It may be against one of the paladins codes, but could I "suggest" to the kobold that maybe he copy the map with maybe a few . . . mistakes, and give Tessith the fake. He appears to be one that could do such a thing.

afroakuma
2010-06-28, 03:17 PM
Tessith
Oh, I'm absolutely not opposed, but I'm just wondering why you're fixated on the map, when it's rather clear from that meeting that the caravan master has more maps.

Kris speaks to the kobold, who readily agrees to the secret scheme.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-28, 09:09 PM
Crap. Sorry for not informing you I was going away for a few days. Literally thought of it as I was getting on the train.

Also, I assume that Midhat DE'd his companions at some point?

Midhat sighed.

"Honestly, friend, you can stay or go as you like. I cannot force you to come with us, nor would I wish to, and I doubt appealing to your morality would convince you. As long as you allow us to leave in peace, and profess no knowledge of this conversation, you may do as you wish."

Midhat tapped his warhammer.

"I cannot abide betrayal, however. Do you understand me, friend?"

docnessuno
2010-06-29, 12:47 PM
I'm just wondering why you're fixated on the map, when it's rather clear from that meeting that the caravan master has more maps.

Seems i misunderstood a bit the whole map issue, but tbh that wasn't very clear
The map first appears in the Kobold's hands:

Now, I have his map and can get us there, and I plan to sneak away tonight.

His doing is a bit suspicious and i supposed he stole the map. Later on a post from Mr.Bookworm pointed me more in that direction.

When the captain discovers that we and his map are gone, he will come after us.

Since i din't see anything inplying mutiple copies of the map, i assumed that was the only one

afroakuma
2010-06-29, 01:11 PM
Fair enough, but what now? I mean, he certainly will notice one of his secret maps gone missing...

So, it really comes down to you actually doing something. Fight them, tell the captain, go along, whatever you like.

docnessuno
2010-06-29, 06:10 PM
Whatever, you are free to do ass you wissh, but bear in mind i will not cover you, and will not lie for you.
Thiss meanss that if the Captain will ever assk me about the map, you will be in sserious trouble.

Then, looking directly toward Midhat

And don't you dare to talk about morality or betrayal. You are the oness betraying your employer right now. You are the oness sstealing.

afroakuma
2010-06-29, 06:38 PM
Well, Tessith's not budging. I guess that leaves you with three options:

1) Leave without him.
2) Kill him.
3) Find him some proof.

Zilfana
2010-06-29, 10:14 PM
"That is not an option for us. If your tongue may endanger us," while drawing his dagger, "we will have to silence it."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-29, 11:31 PM
Hmmmmm. Well, Midhat doesn't really want to leave loose ends lying around, and he's not exactly the type to kill a being that's not actually done anything wrong, so I'll go with option number 3.

Midhat moved over to the man with the dagger and layed his hand on his shoulder.

"Peace, friend. There is no need for violence yet."

His eyes moved back over to the lizardman.

"We can debate morality all day long, but I have an alternative proposal. Let us meet back here around midnight, after most of the caravan is asleep. When we meet again, I will bring solid proof that the guard captain meant us ill. If you find yourself persuaded, you may come along with the rest of us. If not, you may go back to your tent and enjoy your rest while we slip away. Agreed?"

docnessuno
2010-06-30, 05:15 PM
Ssolid proof you ssay?
If you can really sshow me that, i will help you.
But you will have one chance only, don't try to fool me around.

afroakuma
2010-06-30, 06:33 PM
Alright, so: Tessith, tune out for a bit. Midhat, I'm eager to see what you've got. Consider yourself availed of a timeskip if need be.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-30, 08:53 PM
Midhat will periodically wander by the guard captain's tent after he goes inside it, and make sure he's asleep before sneaking in.

So, timeskip 'till tonight, I guess.

afroakuma
2010-06-30, 09:29 PM
Midhat
After several passes, you finally notice the guard captain sneaking out into the same wagon he was skulking near earlier. The wagon door is very slightly ajar.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-30, 09:34 PM
OOC
I'll wait for another thirty minutes or so, then go take a look.

IC
Midhat waited for half an hour after the guard retired, then looked around, and when no one was watching walked over to the captain's wagon, and glanced in, listening.

afroakuma
2010-06-30, 10:25 PM
Midhat
You glance in to see the captain sitting with his back to you, his helmet off. His hair is long, black and matted with a dark, dried substance very much resembling blood. He is growling quietly to another being, who you adjust your gaze to examine.

What you see shocks you.

The creature facing the captain looks to be a small, pale human - but with long, white ears like a fox, and narrow, pointed teeth. Its eyes glow bright blue in the darkness of the gathered scrolls and books that surround it.

And it does not touch the ground.

The six fingers on each hand fly rapidly around the floating entity, snatching up scrolls and parchment to briefly examine and then discard. Through the captain's growling you can hear a cool voice interrupting.

"How many humans are there with this caravan?"

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-30, 10:49 PM
OOC
...Huuuuuuuuuuh. Ooooookay. Um. Wasn't expecting that.

Can I make a Know: Religion check if it's appropriate to identify the creature?

Oh, yeah, and I used "demon" below, because I figured it was the kind of term people would use to refer to obviously supernatural creatures.

IC
Midhat quietly drew his warhammer and held it loosely in his hand while he stared at the... the... demon. He sent a prayer to Sidaru for protection in his mind, and continued listening.

afroakuma
2010-06-30, 11:08 PM
Midhat
[roll0]

You think it's a sort of demon, possibly a fiend of temptation of some nature.

The guard captain stops abruptly, growling.

"What? We were discussing the plans for the full looting. Stay on topic, scholar."

"This may be relevant rather soon, warmonger. How many?

There is a pause, then the captain rejoins:

"How many mortals, or humans specifically? As I recall, we brought 30 humans, and likely 50 mortals overall. Why?"

The other leans back slightly, appearing less alert as its ears droop.

"Whichever one runs, then. They all look the same to me."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-01, 06:16 AM
OOC
Keeeeeeep going.

An IC post would be "Midhat waits some more, doing his best impression of a Grey Knight", hence why there's not one.

afroakuma
2010-07-01, 08:15 AM
OOC
Oh, see, that was your clue. Now you don't get to avail yourself of it.

Midhat
"What do you mean, 'whichever one runs?' Stop talking nonsense and answer me, scholar!'

The fox-eared demon turns its glowing blue eyes straight at you.

"Whichever one runs is the one who is spying on us."

The guard captain whirls in fury and you catch a glimpse of his eyes - empty black pits.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-01, 08:48 AM
OOC
Doh. That's so glaringly obvious in retrospect I can't believe I missed it.

COMBAT TIME!

IC
Midhat pushed open the door and walked into the room.

"I am Midhat Kassis, a paladin of Sidaru. I do not run, demon."

Midhat breathed in, and then yelled out.

"DEMON! DEMON IN THE CAPTAIN'S WAGON!"

afroakuma
2010-07-01, 08:53 AM
OOC
This is your only warning: I... strongly recommend you reconsider. You may proceed if you like, but this encounter is very much above your pay grade. You'll need the entire party on your side, and possibly outside help besides.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-01, 09:00 AM
Look, I've read enough "Amusing D&D Story" threads to know that when your DM goes "You reeally probably don't want to do this", you stay the hell away from whatever you're about to poke with your telescoping 11-foot pole.

Midhat awaaaaaaay!

Midhat paused.

"On the other hand, a strategical withdrawal is sometimes called for."

Midhat turned and bolted out the door, running for the fire to collect his motley collection of companions.

afroakuma
2010-07-01, 09:05 AM
As Midhat bolts towards you away from the wagon, the captain bursts out, adjusting his helmet back on his head. He looks murderous. He goes after the nearest human, interrogating him roughly, before proceeding to the next, and then the next beyond that.

Midhat
I'm assuming you also didn't shout out, because if you did that, he will know you and attack you.

Otherwise, he starts chasing false leads in the wrong direction, leaving the wagon unguarded and open...

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-01, 09:15 AM
Good point. Thank you.

Waaait. I was in his wagon. Wouldn't he have recognized me? Unless he actually is eyeless, and that helmet is magical...

Hm. I also assume that you're invalidating everything I said? I said my full name and job, it's not like there's another paladin of Sidaru running around the camp.

Oh, and I'm also curious, can I use a Know: Religion check to identify the guard captain and his eyes (or lack thereof)?

Midhat caught the eye of the kobold, and moved up next to him.

"Gather our collection of allies, even the surly lizardman, and take them to the spot we met at before. Tell them that the guard captain is a eyeless monster, that he consorts with demons, and that we need to leave now. I'm going to go back to his wagon while he's looking for me, and then I will join you. Understand? Good."

He then moved off as quickly as he could, without drawing attention to himself, towards the wagon, and peered in the door again.

afroakuma
2010-07-01, 09:43 AM
Midhat
Yes, I invalidated it all. In retrospect, not the cleverest of ideas overall...

[roll0]

You realize that whatever the captain is, he's no demon you've ever heard of, nor anything else in religion besides, whether angel or devil.

Perhaps he's a ghul?

Midhat returns to the abandoned wagon, looking inside.

Midhat
The books, scrolls and parchments remain, but you see no trace of the beast-eared creature with the glowing eyes, only a relatively clear area below where it was floating.

A voice echoes inside the wagon.

"Fool, boy, fool to return, for now I have seen your face. Wherever you hide, I will find you now."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-01, 09:58 AM
OOC
:smalleek:

There's no heavy artillery lying around at the temple, is there?

Detect Evil around the wagon.

Also, I guess I need to make a Search check, looking for anything interesting.

IC
Midhat pushed open the door and walked in, closing it behind him.

"Why should I care, demon? Come to me if you wish. It will spare me the effort of hunting you down like a rabid dog."

Midhat looked around the wagon, trying to figure out where to start searching.

afroakuma
2010-07-01, 10:12 AM
Midhat enters the wagon, closing the door behind him. He does not emerge again.

Midhat
As you cross the threshold, mysterious glyphs surrounding the entrance begin glowing with an eerie light.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The creature's voice echoes out again, this time spilling out like water in a language you do not recognize, but which at once thrills and scares you.

[roll4]

You suddenly feel yourself arrested by a powerful, invisible force, leaving you paralyzed - unable to so much as speak.

"Ahh, bravery. So very foolish, yet so fascinating. Were you not to die upon the warmonger's return, I should have liked to study you, while I am free."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-01, 12:18 PM
Well. Crap. On the other hand, the kobold is going to tell the others what I told him, before running off, right?

So I miiiiight get a rescue.

Also, to what extent am I paralyzed? I want to roll my eyes at the demon. :smalltongue:

afroakuma
2010-07-01, 01:07 PM
Midhat
Boy, you just never stop with the bad ideas, do you?

"I shall go confront the supernatural abomination! This could not possibly be a bad plan!"

Twice, no less, and when it flat-out told you it was going to magically hound you, you jumped into a box with it. While it was invisible.

Let us hope the kobold can save you...:smalltongue:

The kobold runs up to each of you, relaying Midhat's words. You note that Midhat has not returned to join you.

Zilfana
2010-07-01, 03:37 PM
"Well then where is the paladin now? Shouldn't he have met us as well?" Kris asks of the kobold.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-01, 07:04 PM
I kind of sort of assumed that the captain was the real threat, and that if the demon was still hanging around I could have taken it. Not the brightest decision, but oh well.

Oh, and is there anything weighing five pounds or less in the captain's wagon that would make a loud sound if it was dropped?

afroakuma
2010-07-01, 09:45 PM
Midhat
Nope, not a thing.

And generally, the term "demon" implies "thing to not mess with."

Although it didn't ping on detect evil.

docnessuno
2010-07-02, 11:14 AM
I sserioussly hope thiss iss not ssome ssort of trick, or you will regret it.
Tessith pauses for a couple seconds, invoking Pashati's help, then floows the kobold

Casting greater magic fang on me

afroakuma
2010-07-02, 11:28 AM
You follow the kobold to the captain's wagon, where there is no sign of the paladin. However, the doors are ajar, and as you open one, you see Midhat's paralyzed form.

Zilfana
2010-07-02, 01:37 PM
ummm, would it be safe to enter? Can the demon hold more then one captive I mean.

afroakuma
2010-07-02, 01:59 PM
Kris
You shouldn't even know about the demon holding him prisoner, since it was in a spoiler tagged with his name only, unless I miss my guess.

Now then: I'm not telling, so you can go rushing in recklessly (and repeatedly) like poor Midhat, or you can come up with another solution.

docnessuno
2010-07-03, 06:53 AM
Keeping his voice as low as possible, tessith whispers to the kobold
Sso, what do you want to do now? The Captain'ss tent sseemss to be protected against burglarss, ass your friend noticed.

afroakuma
2010-07-03, 09:21 AM
Tessith
This is a magic-fearing campaign setting. Total rigid standing paralysis isn't considered "protection from burglars," it's considered "black sorcery."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-05, 03:54 PM
Little help here, guys?

Once I get free, I can cast clarity (really should have done that before now) to reveal the demon.

Though I suspect we'll end up fighting the captain.

afroakuma
2010-07-05, 04:43 PM
Alzira spins just in time to come face to face with the captain, who strikes her down with a dreadful look upon his face. She puts up enough of a fight to slow him briefly, but whatever will happen now, you do not have much time...

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-05, 05:57 PM
Wait, why did you Rocks Fall Alzira Dies? Or did you just not post the damage roll?

Two questions:

1) What happens in the event of a TPK?

2) We're pretty much ****ed, aren't we?

Zilfana
2010-07-06, 04:57 PM
I'm really in the dark here as to what to do. I'm sure we don't need to rush into the wagon, but then how else can we help him. If anybody else wants to lead I'll follow, but I feel our best defense against this demon was the paladin, or at least a magic user which I am not.

afroakuma
2010-07-06, 05:26 PM
truemane notified me that he was unable to continue playing. I used her to delay the captain.

You can tip the paladin out of the wagon; doing so might break the spell.

Zilfana
2010-07-06, 11:02 PM
Wait, do you mean like literally "tip" him out, like as in flip the wagon. How big of a wagon are we talking about here.

afroakuma
2010-07-06, 11:03 PM
He's stiff as a statue. Grab him by the elbow and yank. Tada!

Zilfana
2010-07-07, 12:33 PM
Kris runs into the wagon and grabs the paladin, then pulling him back outside with him.

afroakuma
2010-07-07, 12:47 PM
The wagon now appears devoid of life, but the captain is headed in your direction. Handlers and guards are fleeing with pack animals. The caravan seems to be falling apart.

Midhat breaks out of the paralysis.

Zilfana
2010-07-07, 01:39 PM
"We must leave! Now! Do you have your proof now Tessith? We must leave or die."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-07, 02:38 PM
"By the light of Sidaru, may all things hidden be revealed."

Casting clarity.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always seen verbal components in divine spells as prayers.

afroakuma
2010-07-07, 03:44 PM
Midhat
You (and only you) see the fox-eared creature clearly, floating still in the back of the wagon, its six-fingered hands touching unrolled scrolls. Its glowing blue eyes rapidly scan over the writings.

You also see the guard-captain clearly; his thick, long black hair is matted with dried blood, his eyes black pools of hatred and violence. His skin is criscrossed with savage and jagged scars.

Zilfana
2010-07-07, 04:39 PM
"What is there? I see nothing."

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-07, 04:54 PM
"A demon in the wagon and a monster wearing the skin of a human approaching us. Ignore the demon for now."

Midhat drew his warhammer, and sprinted towards the captain, swinging his hammer at him as he filled it with the power of Sidaru.

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE! With Smite Evil tacked on top of it.

We can beat it, right?

afroakuma
2010-07-07, 06:01 PM
Probably not. Roll initiative.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-07, 06:12 PM
We can always run away, if it comes to that. Or the rest of the party might say "Screw this guy" and run off without me, in which case it mainly comes down to whether he has a movement speed better than 40'.

But anyway.

[roll0]

afroakuma
2010-07-10, 06:06 PM
[roll0]

There's my guy.

How about the other two?

Zilfana
2010-07-10, 11:07 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

afroakuma
2010-07-10, 11:23 PM
Looks like Midhat's probably going first.

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E
1|||||G
2|||X|X
3|||X|X
4|||X|X
5|||K|M
6||T[/table]

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-11, 03:04 PM
What happened to docnessuno? Is he out too? :smallconfused:

afroakuma
2010-07-11, 04:04 PM
No idea, but if he is then this is even more of a guaranteed TPK.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-07-16, 11:05 AM
Sorry for dropping this on you all of a sudden, but I'm going to have very sporadic, if any, Internet access for a couple of weeks. Afro, you can do what you want with Midhat.

Sorry about this. :smallfrown:

afroakuma
2010-07-16, 11:14 AM
That's fine. I think the game's dead in the water anyway; I haven't head back from docnessuno, Zilfana seems to have tuned out and truemane had to quit. So I think we'll call this an end. Thank you all for participating, and I hope it was interesting.