PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Blade + Ambush feats [3.5]

true_shinken
2010-05-29, 08:19 AM
Hello, playgrounders.
Most Ambush feats deal effects that stop when the character is healed or have a short duration. The Cursed Blade spell makes so wounds "can’t be healed in the usual fashion." I know this bypasses the 'healing clause' on Arterial Strike and Hamstring, but it does seem to make sense it would make Throat Punch or Deafening Strike last longer than three turns.
What is your opinion on this? I know RAW is not exactly on my side here, but I'd like to hear your opinions nonetheless.

Zaq
2010-05-29, 11:00 AM
They say they last X turns, or until healed, right? Removing one possible ending condition does not remove the other.

Boci
2010-05-29, 11:03 AM
What if you took the feat that does 1 point of vile weapon damage? Would that prevent healing from fixing arterial strike or hamstring?

true_shinken
2010-05-29, 11:04 AM
They say they last X turns, or until healed, right? Removing one possible ending condition does not remove the other.

Actually, nevermind. It would just work on Arterial Strike or Hamstring, the Complete Scoundrel ones have no healing clause on them.

EDIT: Complete Adventurer has Staggering Strike - target acts as staggered for 1 round or until healed. By RAW, cursed blade would not make the duration longer than a single round, but it does make sense, doesn't it?