PDA

View Full Version : My Scaly Master

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fishy
2010-05-29, 10:44 AM
Three months ago, Master Goregunath set out alone from his lair on 'a quick trip to visit his daughter', promising his servants that he would be back shortly. The next morning, Shisezan arrived instead, and announced that she was now lord and master of all of her father's territory, on the legal grounds that she had slam-dunked him into a volcano.

Some of his servants fled. Some surrendered, some were eaten, and a few were set on fire. But for your own reasons, you went after him, and so find yourselves a day's hike from the nearest village and at the feet of Karmevuor, the only active volcano within a day's dragonflight.

Probably.

Like so many convenient sources of magma, Karmevuor was once home to a mighty dwarven city, which like so many mighty dwarven cities, vanished from civilization one winter and is now a ghost town that no one wants anything to do with. Now the only living things on the mountain are a colony of wildcats, watching you from the bushes as you make your way up the path and through the massive obsidian doors- weathered and cracked with age, and filled with convenient kobold-sized holes.

Inside, a massive hallway of obsidian walls, covered in dusty old engravings of ferocious carp. Dozens of side-passageways branch off of the main hallway, and one of them might lead to the heart of the volcano...

[Right, let's get this party started! I personally like to play a bit fast-and-loose with the OOC, so they'll be short, inline and in [square brackets]. Take a moment to introduce yourselves, claim speech colors if that's your thing, and a [spoiler]'d sheet, if you'd be so kind.

To Do Stuff, announce what you're trying to do, pick the relevant stat, and roll Nd6. To stop someone else from Doing Stuff, announce what you're trying to do, pick the relevant stat, roll Nd6, and the loser takes Stress. That's 90% of it right there.]

Emperor Ing
2010-05-29, 11:00 AM
Athletics: 4
Affection: 3
Skill: 1
Cunning: 2
Luck: 2
Will: 2

Favor: 6
Spirit: 20

Types: Sexy Boyish

Color 1: Pink
Color 2: Green

Quality 1: Albino
Quality 2: Absurd (Mutation, two tails)
Roots: Slave
Explosion: Seclusion
Weapon: Halberd
Power: Iron Wall

[Speech Color]

Over the years, before his fall, Deepea had served Goregunath faithfully, even if she wasn't the most skilled of his servants. In the...better times, she had picked out a formerly unused room as her own. Collecting soft materials to make a bed and scraps to make out other amenities. Never anything major, just the simple things that help this indoctrinated slave get through the day. Never anything more than side projects during free time, the master didn't seem to care, and even if he did they were benign at the worst.

To help herself get centralized, Deepea moves through the derelict hallways to seek out a remote and unused room. Preferably something with a door.
[roll0]

--Lime--
2010-05-29, 11:02 AM
[Sheet & Bio]
Aypet

Athletics (1d6)[5](1d6)[3] = 8/3 = 2 // +1 = 3
Affection (1d6)[3](1d6)[1] = 4/3 = 1
Skill (1d6)[1](1d6)[1] = 2/3 = 0 // -1 = 0
Cunning (1d6)[3](1d6)[4] = 7/3 = 2 // +1 = 3
Luck (1d6)[1](1d6)[4] = 5/3 = 1
Will (1d6)[6](1d6)[1] = 7/3 = 2 // -1 =1

Types: (1d6)[2](1d6)[5] = Boyish and sexy, which oddly is described as "womanly body" and "at first glance looks like a boy" xD

Colour 1: (1d6)[6](1d6)[5] = Metallic
Colour 2: (1d6)[4](1d6)[3] = Cream
(Calling this metallic scales and a cream frilly petticoat :P)

Quality 1: (1d6)[2](1d6)[6]((1d6)[4]) 62:4 - Membership (political)
Quality 2: (1d6)[5](1d6)[6]((1d6)[4]) 65:4 - Magic (Western Magician)

Roots: (1d6)[6](1d6)[6] - 66: Who knows? (Going take a little licence on this for sake of character)
Explosion (1d6)[2](1d6)[2] - 22: Gambling
Weapon (1d6)[5] 5 - 55: Shuriken/Kunai
Power - 6 - Using cunning: Mockery
Bonus power: (Total of attributes 9 or less) - Chosen 1 on cunning: Punishment (Was seriously thinking about a 3 on cunning, but... nah)

Favour (Affection x2) - 2
Spirit (Will x10) - 10

Okay, so I missed off the last few rolls by accident. I rolled them over at invisible castle so you know I'm not cheating, since you can't edit rolls in.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2537709/

-------------------------------

Fleshed out bio: Aypet, the Communist Kobold
Aypet comes from a mysterious background: she just turned up one day and became accepted into the household. The master didn't seem to notice... perhaps all his maids looked the same to him. Whatever the case was, it soon became apparent that Aypet was here to stay.

Her official role was one of a shaman/alchemist - as far as a kobold can excel at those things, Aypet seemed short of the mark in many respects. What was far more often seen was her putting brawny arms to use in doling out punishment. It wasn't clear who put her in charge of punishment, but once she started handing it out, nobody seemed to question Aypet's authority.

What the others don't know - Aypet chose to be a maid in order to bring about change. Well... perhaps "chose" was an exaggeration. An advocate of workers' rights, Aypet came to research and subvert the Service industry. She thinks. It's been that many years now since the letter arrived from her political group and they haven't been in contact. Of course, that letter was burned as soon as it was read, and Aypet never really worked out why she was the one picked to go. She always thought she was more the "desk jockey" type when it came to organised social demonstration. Still, like a good and true believer in her cause, Aypet did as instructed. She brought throwing knives with her in case she was discovered and needed to make a quick escape, and truth be told she can be very accurate with them. The only reason she punishes the other maids is because they are letting the side down - she believes in setting a good example and taking the moral high ground: thus, she wants all maids to be shining examples of honest and hard workers so that nobody can question that they deserve rights.

Because of this background, Aypet is useless at the actual maid chores, and with frankly awful luck hasn't actually made much progress in her quest. She hasn't formed any real emotional bonds while working there, and because of living a dual life in such secrecy, she is constantly highly-strung. However, Aypet's mind is sharp as a tack, and she has the muscle (well, at least compared to most other kobolds) to force her will should her schemes fail. Also of note is her rather slender body, boyish at first but under the loose dress lies a slim waist and well-proportioned hips - all with a side helping of passion and enthusiasm which can sometimes be contagious.

"Right then, you lot!" comes the cry from deep inside the city. "One, two, three...mumble mumble... good! I don't think we managed to lose anyone. Try to keep it up - I don't want to have to use my punishing stick here!"

Aypet waves the staff she's leaning on. It's not just a punishing stick, but a walking stick and a magic stick too. Whether she wants to use it or not is another matter of ambiguity: she sure does give a lot of beatings for it to be something she despises.

Where the hell is that damn dragon? thinks Aypet, I haven't spent the last years putting together a case study just to have my main witness abscond! If we're ever to make progress, we'll need him...

Aypet absent-mindedly flips through pages on her clipboard: it's a habit for her by now. Behind the numerous schedules and notes and recipes for the master's favourite dishes, lie her secret notes on the political situation of the maids. Realising that she has nothing new to write, Aypet sighs.
"Okay, comrades. Any ideas of what we do next?"
It's rare that Aypet is missing some sort of cunning plan, but really, this is all unfamiliar territory, and besides, each path looks as likely as any of the others. Beyond going down one - any of them - her mind exhausted by the hike, Aypet takes an unusual place in the back seat for this decision-making process, and instead looks idly at the engravings on the walls.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-29, 11:58 AM
As Aypet scans the ornamentation preserved forever on the walls, she is met by a deathly white but lovely looking kobold in a pink dress. One can't help but notice her two tails, moving across the ground in consistency with the eagerness displayed on her smiling white face.
Hello! I beg your pardon, but I do not believe we have met yet.

--Lime--
2010-05-29, 12:33 PM
Aypet quickly hides her notes on Deepea.
"Er... no, of course we haven't. So many others in the Master's service... I'm surprised I know anyone by name." She covers up her awkwardness with a nervous laugh.
"It's Aypet. And - er - what's your name?"

She seems on edge, but if Deepea knew this the kobold that stood before her in a cream petticoat with white cotton frills triming the edges, then she'd know that that was entirely normal. But, being uptight and secretive, Aypet managed to stay out of most people's notice. Certainly, her skills or connection with the Master were not of renown.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-29, 01:03 PM
I'm Deepea, and i've been in the Master's service for..as long as I can remember. She begins to trail off, her attention turning towards the walls, looking as if she is reading the engravings. I...have never seen anything like this. The Master has always been strong, and to see him shot down like this is so sad. But He took me in so I feel I must repay Him, but first things come first. Do you want me to help you find a room?

Eurus
2010-05-29, 01:27 PM
A short while behind the first two is Loplop, hauling a great suitcase full of... something. When she finally makes it through the doors, she stops and takes a seat on it for a minute, panting to catch her breath. "What a trip..."

Sighing, she looks around. "No sign of the master yet?"

Emperor Ing
2010-05-29, 01:30 PM
Deepea turns to Loplop. In response to her query she stands up and places a hand in suprise just under her nose. The Master? Oh my I haven't even begun to look for him!

--Lime--
2010-05-29, 02:02 PM
Aypet speaks up:
"We three should probably stay here for the night, in this hallway, and begin searching tomorrow. Depending on how many people turn up, we can split up and search the tunnels systematically. If we go off to find a room, though, others might arrive and not know where we are! If you want to go find a room, you can, but I'm waiting here."

And she scribbles down a note keeping track of who arrived in what order - a record of their loyalty and reliability.

Fishy
2010-05-29, 02:14 PM
The patter of Deepea's footsteps echo up and down the hallway, as she runs her claws lightly along the dusty engravings of an endless procession of dwarves being stricken down by carp. A segment of the wall gives way under her touch, and with a squeak of complaint, an old hidden door swings open.

[Despite rolling the wrong number of dice,] Deepea's found a small workshop- the stockpiles of cloth are probably rotten through, but still good for bedding, and the loom and spinning-jenny might still be workable. And if nothing else, it's got a door. [[roll0], to be redeemed on actually finding a Master. :P]

--Lime--
2010-05-29, 02:19 PM
"Nice one, Deepea. Since there are three of us, we can set up a watch waiting for others, and take it in turns to sleep in here. I don't mind going first, you and - sorry, what's your name? - can figure out the rest of it."

Eurus
2010-05-29, 03:03 PM
"Oh, I'm Loplop, sorry. And that sounds fine. I'll go last, if you don't mind; I'm exhausted."

As she talks, Lop hops off her suitcase and opens it up, to retrieve... a bagel? "Mmm, raisin. Oh, I'm sorry, that was rude of me. Do you want anything? I brought plenty of snacks."

--Lime--
2010-05-29, 03:32 PM
"Absolutely, I'm starving!"
Aypet takes whatever she is given, and chews it merrily.
that's me offline for about 24 hours, don't involve me too much. Just assume I introduce myself to everyone and take notes on people arriving. After my first watch, I'm done

Emperor Ing
2010-05-29, 04:08 PM
((I use double parentheses for OOC speak, but whatever works for you))
Snack? Yes please! Deepea will sit on the ground and eat whatever snacks are given to her. So it's agreed! I don't mind going on watch second.

Eurus
2010-05-29, 04:36 PM
Loplop cheerfully passes out baked goods and nods. "So I'll keep the last watch. I'd better get to sleep now, then."

Yawning, the kobold slouches her way over to the makeshift bedroom and more or less collapses in a pile of something soft-looking.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-29, 05:00 PM
Deepea gleefully accepts the baked goods, and proceeds to eat them. Thank you very much. After which she will follow Lop to the room, where she'll sit down and reflect on the prior days, waiting for Aypet's turn to watch to be over.

Deca
2010-05-29, 05:42 PM
Name: Kyik

Athletics: 0
Affection: 0
Skill: 3
Luck: 5
Will: 1

Spirit: 10
Favor: 0

Types: Cool Lolita

Colours: Metallic and Blue

Qualities: Pyromaniac & Sadism

Roots: Unrequited Love

Explosion: Crying

Weapon: Bazooka

Power: Escape

Speech is this colour

"Hello? Hellooo? Are you here Master?"

Kyik stumbled down a corridor, managing somehow to collide with nearly everything in there. She has absolutely no idea where Master was but she was looking around aimlessly all the same. Maybe she'll get lucky and find something.

[roll0]

Salbazier
2010-05-29, 06:18 PM
Athletics:4
Affection:2
Skill:1
Cunning:3
Luck:2
Will:2

Types: Boyish Sexy

Spirit: 4
Favor: 20

Color 1: Metallic
Color 2: Blue

Quality 1: Princess
Quality 2: Overactive Imagination

Roots: who knows
Explosion: Spoiled Child
Weapon: Scythe
Power: Iron Wall

Speech color

Up till now, Straza still can't figure out how she end up this insanity. In servitude as maid, to a dragon no less. Worse, it just had to happened right before another dragon came and seize lairs and celebrate it by a barbecue of the other servants. And now, of all things, she end up looking for this dragon 'master' of her...

Oh, she do have ideas about who is responsible for this. Perhaps this is her cousin's doing, maybe with that Sorcerer's help. That moron surely would like to eliminate her, and he have weird sense of humor concerning what he do with his enemies, if the last invasion of adventurer's is any indication. Or may be it is the dragon himself. Maybe he just want to boost his ego by having a Blessed of the Dragon Mother serve him, or she want to use her some way to subjugate her realm, or....

Nevermind. It doesn't matter now. What's mattered is to cope with this situation. To survive. Later, she'll find away to come at whoever did this to her...

With those thoughts in her mind, Straza braved the hallways in the front of her. Her scythe readied in her hand, just in case there's assasin is hiding in a corner.

[trying to examine the halls and searching fo any sign of life, I don't know what stat is relevant, so let's say its luck]

[roll0]

[is that right?]

Kol Korran
2010-05-30, 02:55 AM
[OOC: Randomizer- i actually like this look better, i thought the color scheme was for the scales, but i'm glad to be corrected.
also- some of this seems fast paced. i can post about once, perhaps twice a day. if this is not enough let me know]

Kupa

stats

Athletics:(1d6)[6](1d6)[4] 3+1 = 4
Affection:(1d6)[2](1d6)[6] 2-1 = 1
Skill:(1d6)[4](1d6)[3] 2+1-1 = 2
Cunning:(1d6)[1](1d6)[5] 2
Luck:(1d6)[2](1d6)[4] 2
Will:(1d6)[3](1d6)[4] 2

Types:(1d6)[5](1d6)[4] Boyish (+1 athletics/-1 skill) and Cool (+1 skill/-1 affection)

Favor:2

Color 1:(1d6)[3](1d6)[5] Beige
Color 2:(1d6)[4](1d6)[5] Gray

Quality 1:(1d6)[5](1d6)[2]((1d6)[2])

52: Criminal Tendencies with Criminal Tendencies table roll 2: Pyromaniac

Quality 2:(1d6)[1](1d6)[4]((1d6)[5])

41: Uniform with Uniform table roll 5: Miniskirt

Roots:(1d6)[3](1d6)[6]

36: Unrequited Love

Explosion:(1d6)[2](1d6)[2]

22: Gambling,

Weapon:(1d6)[1](1d6)[4]

14: Frying Pan

Power:(1d6)[2]

2: Iron Wall

background and personality

Kupa was born to one of the tribes ruled by Goregunath. she was as common as muck, and treated as such. she excelled physically, but was unremarkable in any other way. she was a bit stadnoffish and distant, not liekd by others.

then Shisezan, Goregunath Daughter came to visit, and Kupa fell in love! the shimmering scales, the cat like physique, the power, the majesty, the rapture, the fiery flames! (sigh) but how could a lowly kobold impress a dragoness? Kupa was not deterred! she tried cooking (without success), amusing (with less success), conversation ("get away from me you annoying kobold!"), but Shisezan was not impressed, she barely recognized Kupa was there. but Kupa is nothing if not persistent! finally Shisezan decided to send her minions to get rid of the pest. Kupa thought of it as a challange, and so, in a draconic manner, arranged to gett all of them burned.

Shisezan was not amused, thankfully Goregunath was, for without his protection, Kupa would have been toast. the dragoness left in anger, vowing revenge. the elder dragon promoted Kupa to his maid, and then forgot about her.

depression followed, but Kupa decided to try and learn from the master about dragons, so she might yet impress Shisezan when the opportunity presents itself. and so she tried to imitate the dragon, and what better way than to rule kobolds, by force!

so began the female kbolod gang known as "the dragonesses". a bunch of bullies and malcontented kobold chicks, all wearing the grey and beige miniskirt (Kupa doesn't exaclty has a fashion sense, she chose what was practical and at hand). Kupa is more feared than respected, for she can go to extremes. learning to be a cook for the master, Kupa always keeps her big frying pan at the ready, but her preffered weaponry is still fire, as it reminds her of her beloved (cue in another sigh).

in rough times Kupa likes to dare like a dragon- when the chips are down she bets it all, uncontrollably

Kupa likes the Master, and tries to please him and emulate him, but secretly she longs for his daughter.

Kupa dried her tears and grimaced at the pain from her burnt scales. she still couldn't believe it- to have her beloved Shisezan return, only to be scorned by her, and escaping with barely her life... most of her gang died in that fiery breath, who knows who remained.

right, find the Master again, learn more from him, maybe learn to undersatand the beautifull Shisezan better, earn her love. a desperate plan, but Kupa couldn't think of a better one... perhaps even form a new gang? "The Dragonesses" could rise again.

hhmmm, there are some noises from that room. lets see... (Kupa strengthened the grip on her frying pan)

If you want trouble i can give it to ya! oh, other kobolds! hey, don't i know you? (that crazy b**** Aypet survived? for the love of Tiamat!) Yeah. nice to meet you again... (rat dropping) yeah, i'll help find the Master, i miss him too. oh... you have a plan. of course you do (overbearing tight a**** control freak.) i can't sleep anyway. i'll stay awake."

[OOC: Lime, no harm just roleplay. Kupa kind of doesn't like authority, except for the Master's :smallwink:]

Emperor Ing
2010-05-30, 05:43 AM
Deepea thinks she hears something outside. Probably one of the other maids has arrived! It is not her time yet, but it would be interesting to see who has arrived already. What harm can come out of seeing who arrived?
Deepea looks out the door eagerly... Hello...and recognizes Kupa, the loud arrogant maid that was never willing to settle for the great things the Master has given her. ...oh, it's you. Kupa herself may more likely than not recognize the white scales and short pink petticoat dress for the "maid" that is always so submissive to the Master.

Fishy
2010-05-30, 11:10 AM
Kyik manages to trip over her own feet and face-plants into a wall- which happens to be engraved with a detailed and elaborate map of the abandoned fortress. How convenient!

Judging from the map, most of the branches on either side of the main tunnel are workshops of some kind- kitchens and clothiers near the front, masonry and mechanics deeper in, with smithies and forges and ironworks at the end of the tunnel. The fiery heart of the mountain should be directly accessible from their- and also, oddly enough, from the Noble's Quarter. Other features of note are the living quarters, a small room just labeled 'controls', and a fairly large area set aside for farming.

Which, as Straza discovers, is just through one of the side-passages out of the main tunnel. The chamber stinks of mud and rot, and while there might have been some sort of organization there once, now thick purple mushrooms are growing wild in all directions, across every inch of the floor, most of the walls, and a few hanging down from the ceiling.

kamikasei
2010-05-30, 11:33 AM
Stats:
Athletics: 3
Affection: 1
Skill: 2
Cunning: 4
Luck: 0
Will: 3

(Spirit 30, Favor 2)

Types: Boyish Heroine

Color 1: Metallic
Color 2: Metallic

Quality 1: Quiet
Quality 2: Tragic Love: Lover Died
Roots: Bridal Training
Explosion: Running Away
Weapon: Wooden Sword
Power: Punishment

Description:
Reklek was the strongest and smartest kobold in an independent warren a few dozen strong; her trothmate was to be the new leader when they both came of age, a less crafty but more charismatic figure. The warren was exterminated almost incidentally in a migration of elves a few years ago, and most of the inhabitants, including Reklek's lover, were killed.

Uprooted within kobold society, Reklek no longer had a position in any warren to fall back on and had to establish a status for herself. Taking service with the elderly red wyrm was the best option available. Since entering the lair she has been less of a leader than in her old life, instead acting as a guard-captain focused on securing the lair and organizing the other kobolds in response to crises. Although capable in her regular duties, she remains somewhat alienated from the others and from the Master and has had several embarrassing mishaps reinforcing her inclination to stay out from under the feet of the main life of the base.

Reklek is slightly larger than the average kobold with burnished coppery highlights on her brown scaled skin. She wears piecemeal chain as part of her maid uniform and proudly wields a weapon looted from the attackers in the sack of her old warren, which anyone in the know hasn't yet found the heart to tell her is actually an elven child's training blade; all she knows is that it's excellently made and beautifully carved.

Reklek (Spirit 30/30, Favor 2)

Be careful what you wish for. Reklek had been feeling confined, cooped up, reluctant to stay within the lair and return after each scouting or foraging excursion. Now she'd gotten to leave the lair forever, but the result had been an urgent march across country in search of shelter instead of the freedom she'd hoped for.

So it was with an unusual sense of relief and welcome that she saw the gates to her new home, and the others who'd found it ahead of her. Prudence still guided her actions, though, and before entering she made a circuit of the mountain, looking for other approaches besides the main one that they might need to seal or guard.

[Phew - I guess I lived up to that "Quiet" quality by sheer happenstance...

Rolling [roll0]. Not sure if you want nd6 or 1d6*n. If the latter take the first result there and multiply by 4.]

Salbazier
2010-05-30, 11:50 AM
"Blessed Mother, This whole place is messier than I expect. Don't tell me I must clean all of this!"

Straza sighed, could have been worse. At least there's no Vegepygmy or rot monster here ... for now.

She wondered, if those mushroom can be eaten. There will be need for food supply. The surrounding area seemed to be sparsely populated. Even if they are not, we do not have resource to raid and Dragon Above know how Goregunath's condition right now.

Since there's no sign of dragon, koboldfolk, or anything sentient, she continue to search the halls

[overactive imagination in play :) I like throwing random names. Let's try to roll with Cunning now]

[roll0]

Kol Korran
2010-05-30, 12:41 PM
Kupa (spirit 20/20, favor 2)

Kupa glances at Deepea. it's Master's favoite! quiet one, but... hmmmm, good shape, don't know about her yet... and who's that in the back with the suitcase?

"On second thought, why don't i go on patrol? lots of nasty things could be down here, need to watch out. maybe i could find some food even. we're going to need it." with that Kupa turns and walks away, her burns still hurting, in a good sort of way. now, let's look for trouble or fortune!

trying to look for... anything really, mainly interested in the following: clues of Master, trouble, tools for fire (dwarven alchemist oil?), food, surviving members of my gang.
i'm not sure what's needed, it may vary on the situation. but i think luck is the basic attribute.
Luck: [roll0]

OOC: can someone explain how favor works?

Emperor Ing
2010-05-30, 01:08 PM
((Doing certain tasks or through random events, almost always involving the master in some way, favor points can be accumilated. They can be spent on things like increasing attributes or reducing stress.))

Feel free to.
Deepea brushes some crumbs off her dress and decides to join in Aypet in watching for anyone else moving through the area....for a second before going back into the room and attempting to clean off the dusty tables and machinery. If the master turns up you can't have your room being dirty.
[roll0]

Deca
2010-05-30, 04:32 PM
"Ooooooh...."

Kyik leaned her bruised head in to examine the map more. The tunnels went all through the volcano, there was even some tunnels that went straight to the...lava....burny...wonderful stuff.

It occured to Kyik that she'd better memorise this map, in case she ever needed it.

Eurus
2010-05-30, 04:40 PM
Lop finally wakes up, and wanders out of the sleeping room to run into... a lot more kobolds than there were before. She blinks sleepily as if to make sure she doesn't just have double vision, and shakes her head quickly to wake herself up. "Oh. Hi. Is everyone here already?"

Emperor Ing
2010-05-30, 04:50 PM
Deepea sees Lop wake up and follows her outside. As she finishes her question it recieves an answer.
I believe so. Kupa... She says her name grudgingly ...was here, but left, and I have heard other sounds coming from elseware in these halls. She lights up again and focuses on Lop. So, how are you?

Eurus
2010-05-30, 05:17 PM
"Oh, I'm fine," she yawns, seeming to start waking up. "I had a good rest, so I'm feeling much better. What about you?"

As she talks, she rummages through her suitcase again and pulls out some strange meat-filled bread thing, and passes out pieces to anyone nearby. Heavens only knew how much food she actually had in there...

Emperor Ing
2010-05-30, 05:22 PM
((Sandvich :smallbiggrin:))
She accepts the piece and eats a small piece before saying
I cannot rest, there is just so much to do. The Master can appear at any moment and this...ruin is absolutely filthy.
She eats a little more.

Eurus
2010-05-30, 05:34 PM
Lop frowns, realizing the validity of Deepea's concerns. Suddenly, her eyes widen and she snaps to attention. "Oh, and who knows how long since he's eaten?! You're right, we have so much work to do, or I don't even want to think of what kind of mood he'll be in..."

Everyone knew that a hungry Master was a very bad thing for all kobolds involved, especially if said Master had other reasons to be cross already.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-30, 05:36 PM
Deepea looks around with a bit of panic in her eyes.
We...should find him, the sooner the better.

Eurus
2010-05-30, 05:52 PM
Lop nods, looking around at the other kobolds. "So, um... does anyone know their way around this place?"

Emperor Ing
2010-05-30, 05:58 PM
Deepea looks both ways again.
I don't know, we just walk around until we find a...map?

--Lime--
2010-05-30, 06:13 PM
Favour: 2
I don't know if I read it right, but I think we're all back in the first hall except for Kupa

Aypet had seen the others arrive during her watch, and seen Kupa leave.
"I wouldn't worry about cleaning this place up - it isn't the Master's home. We should get him back to his position of responsibility in his own lair so we can continue...er...continue working for him in glorious harmony!"

"What have you got there, Kyik?"

Going over to the kobold, she studies the map. Thinking about it, she decides to follow Kupa, thinking She's always been an odd one... I'd better make sure she's not hurting our Cause...

"Okay, I'm going to go after Kupa. We'll meet back here this time tomorrow, say, and share what we've learned! By splitting up, we can cover more ground and find the Master more quickly! But be careful - go with someone you trust."

Aypet heads off in the direction that Kupa went, before pausing, turning back and asking Loplop:
"Can I get some food for tomorrow?"

Whether she gets the food or not, assume she tries to catch up with Kupa. And Kol, no harm no foul :) It's a nice twist that we're going to have to work out. Wouldn't mind knowing just where Kupa headed in terms of rooms, so I can RP it. I'll add a passive luck roll just in case though, since it seems to be the done thing :P
[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-05-30, 07:53 PM
That sounds good. She turns to Loplop. Would you like to come with me?

Eurus
2010-05-30, 08:36 PM
Lop nods, first to Aypet then to Deepea. She opens the suitcase fully to reveal it still about half full of various long-lived breads and dried meats. "I would have brought more if I'd realized the state this place was in. If the Master decides to stay here, we'll have to get the kitchens running right away."

After everyone takes whatever they want from the food stash, Lop falls into step behind Deepea, ready to follow.

Deca
2010-05-31, 03:24 AM
Kyik shied away as Aypet walked over. Stunted growth meant that Kyik had never grown particularly tall and even the other maids towered over her. She nodded vaugely, not particularly listening as Aypet talked about Kupa.

Kupa was a piece of work and no mistake. But it wasn't just her, they all were. Trying to get between her and Master. She knew Master didn't hate her, not truly. It was just that the others were poisoning his mind against her. It must be. How else would such a noble fiery being not see her?

She looked over at Deepea and the other one, whatserface...Lop. They were conspiring, they always were...

Kyik awkwardly strolled over.

"I found a map! It says the Master's rooms are down...that way!," she said, pointing down a tunnel that didn't go anywhere near the rooms, instead heading down to the one of the magma pits. The lovely, fiery, dangerous, easy-to-have-an-accident-in pits.

"Tell you what, I'll come with you help you find the way!"

Eurus
2010-05-31, 03:29 AM
Trusting soul that Lop is, she doesn't doubt Kyik for a moment. "Oh, thank you! That would be wonderful. The sooner we find the Master, the sooner we can get to work."

Deca
2010-05-31, 03:33 AM
Kyik smiled earnestly as the maid believed her.

"Don't worry! I'm sure we'll find him! Now come on!"

She began to move down the tunnel, beckoning to Lop to follow her.

Kol Korran
2010-05-31, 04:23 AM
[OOC: Lime, i have no idea where Kupa is headed. she's not much for planning, more for instinct. i listed some things that interest Kupa, and may draw her attention, waitingfor Fishy to decide what happens]

kamikasei
2010-05-31, 04:38 AM

Reklek pauses by the map as she enters the lair proper, examining it to see where any entrances she found outside might connect to the main complex, or whether there are any passages on it that might lead to secret exits she could have missed. [[roll0] if necessary]

"Security is important too!" she calls out to the others, not bothering with pleasantries. "The Master won't like his meal being interrupted by zombie dwarves or a nest of wildcats! We need to find quarters for the Master and ourselves, take stock of our provisions, and make sure the lair is clear. Anyone want to come with me and take care of that last bit?"

So who have we got and what are we doing?

These guys found the loom and map.
Kupa - patrolling randomly
Aypet - following after Kupa
Kyik - leading others to magma
Loplop - following Kyik
Deepea - possibly following Kyik

Reklek reached the map and others, Straza apparently hasn't met anyone yet.
Straza - found farms, currently... ???
Reklek - searching for entrances, looking for teammates

--Lime--
2010-05-31, 05:09 AM
[OOC: No worries, Kol, the request for detail was directed at Fishy anyway :)]

Emperor Ing
2010-05-31, 05:19 AM
Deepea is none the wiser. She knows only some of the maids and even few of those she considers not worth trusting. With a delighted grin on her face, Deepea says I will follow your lead. and will follow the unsuspecting Kyik.

Fishy
2010-05-31, 06:25 AM
[Oh boy. Here we go.]

Reklek, on her patrol, spots one of the mountain's wildcats disappear into thin air. A more thorough search reveals a twisty network of narrow tunnels and chutes: some natural, some Dwarf-made, some with arrow-slits, some being used as nests. They all connect back to the main lair by way of a narrow obsidian tube, every inch filled with ingenious traps that would be positively fatal- to anyone that wasn't a disgustingly cunning Kobold. Reklek spends a few minutes observing them, but quickly maps out a clear path to skip straight down them.

Deepea attempts to clean up the workshop a little, and manages to fail spectacularly, knocking the table over and into the loom. Fortunately, no one saw that. She scurries off to join Kyik's expedition.

Straza and Kupa end up meandering in the same direction, following the marks on the floor where the stone's been worn away by generations of dwarves with iron boots. They eventually stumble on what looks like the most trafficked part of the lair: A wide cavern with a tall ceiling, outfitted with tables and chairs enough to seat some 40 dwarves at once. More engravings line the walls- depicting the taming of the river by way of molten lava- with staircases leading up and down to the living quarters.

Kyik, Loplop and Deepea keep going further into the cavern, eventually finding a row of lava-powered forges. Each workshop has a small brick opening where a fireplace or a furnace might go in a human contraption, but instead has only a narrow tube of cold obsidian leading deeper into the mountain.

[Did I get everyone?]

Deca
2010-05-31, 06:52 AM
Kyik tapped one of the forge's lightly, pulling away as the heat seared her fingertips. Those tubes looked like they led to somewhere nasty...

"I think I see something down this tube! Can one of you come over and help me look?"

That's right,...come just a little bit closer...

OOC:
[Do I need to roll Cunning for this? Kind of new.
Just in case:
[roll0]
]

Emperor Ing
2010-05-31, 07:04 AM
((Fishy, you might wanna check up on us a bit more often))

Deepea sticks her nose into the tube without going in or even touching the metal surrounding it.

kamikasei
2010-05-31, 07:13 AM

"Hmph." Those other kobolds, too focused on their immediate duties, have already scattered. Well, it looks like the lair offers plenty of ways for them to sneak out but will be hard for anyone unfriendly to get in to, which means the next priority is finding a secure space within it to use as a base for further exploration. Tracing a claw along the map, Reklek identifies the largest nearby area and trots off toward it, following in the footsteps of Kupa and Aypet, her sword smacking off her shoulder as she jogs.

[Contriving to get us down to just two groups.]

Kol Korran
2010-05-31, 07:50 AM
Kupa (spirit 20/20. favor 2)

Kupa mumbles to herself as Aypet follows her "annoying bossy stick up her bum..." without finding anything much of interest, including the big hall. hmmmm... dining or meeting area?

she spots Straza, and take a good hard look at her. she was that... edgy one, wasn't she? hard to tell, Master had many maids, seem we're far fewer now. Kupa sits down on one of the tables, throwing and catching her frying pan. seeing Reklek arriving she grins a bit. Now there's a tough Kobold. "This large cave could be our meeting place. but other than that i'm stumped. those living quarters might be good for the sleep. we could make a ruckus and call them up, or we could wander some more. i'm in favour of wandering. what you say Reklek?" (purposefully ignoring Aypet)

Salbazier
2010-05-31, 08:47 AM
Finally someone show, up! Just some silly lowlive, but it is better than nothing. What were their names? ... That's definitely Reklsek, this bossy one (how dare she ignore her!) is Kupa ..she guess. The last one's name is alluding her right now.

"Well, so there's other people here after all. How it is going? Do you have meet the ... Master?" Straza almost said Goregunat's name. Until now she can't yet to think of that wyrm as master.

"It seemed you haven't spend much time here yet. If that so, better we finished exploring this place so can properly plan how to turn this messy pit into something fit to live in."

Fishy
2010-05-31, 08:59 AM
[[@Randomizer: Yes, I would like to check up on you more often- Got that 'job' thing.

[[@Deca: It's Cunning to fast-talk someone, Affection to say "Pwease?", Athletics to throw them in front of you, and Skill to... sweep the floor in a manner that hedges them in? If one of the others had tried to resist you, they'd roll their Nd6, but since no one did, we just go right on ahead.]]

Deepea sees a tube of rock, pretty much. The forges are long dead, and even if they weren't she'd be fine so long as she didn't directly fall into the lava, because of fantasy volcano physics.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-31, 10:17 AM
Deepea turns back to Kyik

I don't see anything in there, you must be mistaken.

kamikasei
2010-05-31, 11:40 AM

"This looks like a good place to set up for now. We should keep exploring, but just enough to make sure we can secure all accesses. We don't want to get too far from the entrance.

"Once we know we're safe here, we can go further and find first food and water, then anything else we need. The others have headed deeper in to the mountain so we can leave looking for the Master to them for now."

Reklek heads for the stairs up, intending to start with the living quarters there. Meanwhile she eyes the furniture, working out how well it could be used to construct barricades to seal off the central area.

--Lime--
2010-05-31, 12:55 PM
Favour: 2

Aypet eyed the high ceiling. This would certainly do the Master for a bed-chamber if they couldn't get him back to his original home.

"We must remember this place in case we find the master. Doubtless he already knows about it, but we live to serve!"

Sticking with Reklek and Kupa, she noticed Straza when she spoke. The four of them were together in the great hall, and her mind already planning into the future, thought of how much more convenient it would be for maids across the world not to have to travel from one side of a volcano to the other just to bring their Master a stray copper piece. Here at least the living quarters were right next to the hall, large enough to be a lair, and Aypet became more comfortable about staying in the new place. Frankly, from a maid's point of view, everything was better-designed and more convenient. Those dwarves sure did know how to build a good underground city.

"I'm heading down the stairs. I recall Master liking his lair to be warm. That surely must mean if he's anywhere, he's closer to the heart of the volcano! I'm still not to sure how safe this place is, so when we leave the hall, I'll ward it with an alarm.

Using Cunning to cast a level 1 spell Alarm, [roll0]. For the safety of the party, and thus the greatness of the Master!

Eurus
2010-05-31, 02:24 PM
Lop seems disappointed by Deepea's announcement. "Nothing? Well, there's lots of other tubes..."

She meanders over to the one next to Deep's, and shouts down it. "Helloooo?"

Emperor Ing
2010-05-31, 04:03 PM
A bit confused, Deepea turns back into her tube, cupping her claws around her mouth. HELLO?!?

Deca
2010-06-01, 12:55 AM
Kyik rushed over to where Lop was.

"They're empty? Really? Well," she said, picking up a broom. "We might as well clean up this mess before the Master gets back anyway!"

While sweeping, Kyik's broom seemed to accidently get out of her control and swing out at Lop's feet!

OOC
[Attempting to knock Lop down tube anyway. Skill roll is [roll0]. Regardless of the outcome...]

"Oh no! I'm sorry! Did I hurt you?"

Eurus
2010-06-01, 01:33 AM
[Let's see, I think Athletics would make sense to defend against that... [roll0]]

Eurus
2010-06-01, 01:36 AM
[So that's 4 stress to Lop. Current stress: 4/20]

Before Lop knows what hit her, she's taking a tumble down the tube. "Wh-waaaaugh! Heeeeelp!"

Kol Korran
2010-06-01, 02:31 AM
Kupa goes after Reklek up the stairs. "So how many of us do you think got here? we seem to be an awefull few... nice sword you got there. where did you get it from?"

Emperor Ing
2010-06-01, 05:29 AM
Deepea notices out of the corner of her eye Lop falling down the tube, and her screaming as she falls. Without a second thought, she darts down Lop's tube in the attempt to stop her from falling wherever she is going.

Athletics roll
[roll0]

Deca
2010-06-01, 06:02 AM
Kyik watched as both maids went hurtling down the tubes. Well, that's the end of that, she though. Or was it? Maybe it was less lethal than she had imagined. She better check if they were still alive.

She put her head down the tubes and shouted.

"Ohmigods! Are you two alright? What happened?"

Fishy
2010-06-01, 06:03 AM
Reklek investigates the upper floors of the living area- mostly very small dorms, packed tight, but each one equipped with a bed, a table, and a chair. Dwarven manufacture, so probably perfect for fortifications.

Deepea goes bouncing- and then hears a horrible suckling sound- the shlorping of air pockets forming and popping in a thick, sticky liquid. A blast of hot, sulfurous air gusts up from the forges to Kyik and Loplop's noses, followed by a low, earth shaking rumble. "Eurgh... What is it NOW?"

Salbazier
2010-06-01, 06:35 AM
Straza hold back from throwing tantrums, no sense in making bad image now. Clearly that entry was a mistake on her part. Play smart, girl.

Speaking to Aypet she said "Since those two are going upstairs, I'll go with you. Pardon me, but what is your name. I having trouble remembering who is who with all the chaos these days. Also, if will be so kind to tell me how is things going so far? How many servants has come here already?"

[How about an affection roll to change attitude to Helpful :smalltongue:]

[roll0]

[can i hear that rumble? is that loud enough? Rolling... err.. no senses, so skill instead]

[roll1]

[BTW, How stress accumulate?]

kamikasei
2010-06-01, 06:42 AM

"Looked like about three or four others had already headed deeper in to the mountain. We're going to have a time of it keeping things running unless more show up." Reklek's attention is on the rooms they're exploring rather than on Kupa while she speaks.

"This? Spoils of war. Took it from the raiders who destroyed my first warren." It's obvious this is both a sore point and a proud one for her.

She nods, satisfied. "Rooms look good, we can claim the ones we need and use what's in the others to barricade any routes we haven't secured yet. Now the issue is food and water... and finding the Master. Can't make too many plans before we know what he wants us to do. First things first, though. Maybe there are stockpiles nearby." She leads Kupa downstairs again, heading down to join the other two in search of a food supply.

Kol Korran
2010-06-01, 06:47 AM
Kupa (stress 20, favor 2)

the kobold looks at the tactical kobold. Kupa never had much of a head for that. brute force was usually enough. but that was the old tribe, perhaps new ways here? there are really but a few of them around. will they all be sleeping together? yikes to some, hhhmmm to others...

no place for a gang hideout yet. (sigh) wondering if there is even going to be a gang here, few other kobolds seemed to make it. mostly the maids. I wonder where Master is. he'll make sense of this all.

[i'm joining the question about how stress accumulates]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-01, 06:48 AM
((Stress adds up until it reaches or exceeds your Spirit, where you have a stress explosion. Stress is aquired through combat (in this RPG, "Combat" is an extremely vague term, see rulebook for details) and/or general bad luck. ))

Using her prior Athletics roll, Deepea does her best to grab both a part of Lop and hold onto the side of the tube in order to stop both their falling. The smell of rotten eggs and the prospect of being in burning liquid is incentive enough to try and stop their fall.

It isn't worth responding to Kyik at this point, why is she out here and not trying to help us?

--Lime--
2010-06-01, 07:23 AM
[ooc: I just want to know what was down the stairs so I can RP it...and if my ward worked]

Eurus
2010-06-01, 01:36 PM
Vaguely registering that someone else is saying something, but unable to put two and two together to figure out who, Lop responds with a squeak. "I... I think we're stuck in the tube! Help! Heeelp!"

Emperor Ing
2010-06-02, 10:47 AM
To her embarassment, Kyik likely has a very good upskirt view of Deepea, but at this moment she doesn't care. It's okay, i've got you, we're gonna get out of this. Panic starts to set in, this is indeed a very interesting situation. Deepea might be strong enough to get them both out of there, but how did this happen in the first place, and does she want to know what's down there? She then remembers the booming voice from...somewhere. Hello? Who's there?!

Fishy
2010-06-02, 12:43 PM
[Holy boop I hate my job. Right, here we go:]

Downstairs from the central dining area is another set of apartments- Eight of them, and slightly larger ones, some with desks and bookcases and trunks and things- arranged around a central common space, and a well. It's a lovely well, and fine craftsmanship, and no more engravings of rabid carp, but nevertheless, something seems... odd. All of the beds are neatly made, and some of the tables have place settings and napkins arranged carefully. It's hard to put a finger on, but something makes your scales crawl.

[It's the Spooky Well! At any point, anyone can come here and spend 1 favor to make something spooky happen from the random table of spooky events. This is in addition to your normal ability to spend 1d6 favor to make something random happen.]

Meanwhile, down in the forges, and unfortunately out of hearing range of the dining room, the voice rumbles a reply. "A useless, dottering fool, I'm told. Who has apparently gone mad and started talking to rocks. Go away." The lava vent twists around in the darkness in front of Deepea and Loplop- while it's probably not going to be pleasant, it looks like they wouldn't immediately crash into fiery death if they fell.

Emperor Ing
2010-06-02, 01:17 PM
((If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do?))

It might be the blood rushing to her head and her panicked heart causing her nervousness, but Deepea thinks this is the voice of the master.
Master is that you? Master, it's me, Deepea. We have come all this way just for you! She sounds absolutely enamored.

Affection roll if necessary
[roll0]

Deca
2010-06-02, 04:51 PM
Thinking quickly, Kyik shouted down the tube.

'We were looking for you, Master! And I helped! It was totally my idea!"

Kol Korran
2010-06-03, 09:03 AM
Kupa at first get a creepy feeling, but then smiles to herself. now this is more like it! we can use this place for the gang- a bit of fear always made up for fine gang members!

Kupa goes to one of the beds and flops herself upon it, claiming it. smiling widely.
There might be some spirits in the house, maybe of those dwarves or those damn fish we see everywhere! but i Liiiiike it! now, lets go look for some food! i'm starving! Kupa gets up and march through the door, pleased with herself. :smallbiggrin:

kamikasei
2010-06-03, 10:25 AM

"That's water, even if getting it might not be pleasant. There must be food nearby too." Reklek paces between the dining tables, letting her maidly instincts guide her and suggest the most natural direction from which dwarves bringing food to the tables would come.

[[roll0]]

Eurus
2010-06-03, 03:10 PM
Blood rushing to her head, Lop tries to look down the tube to where it opens up below. "Hey... I think it moved! We might be able to get out through the bottom now..."

--Lime--
2010-06-03, 06:54 PM
Aypet leaves the room straight away, and runs upstairs to the others. Her alarm ward hasn't gone off, so she still keeps a cool head as she doesn't seem to be in imminent danger.

"Come downstairs!" she cries, "You need to see this!"

If they don't come, she drags them downstairs [roll0] Athletics score, to see the oddly well-kept room in the ruin.

Salbazier
2010-06-03, 07:10 PM
"Now this is weird..."

There's apparently some other people in this place, after all! Straza bring up his scythe, just to be not caught up guard...On the other hand, the room looks comfortable. If they can subjugate whoever arrranged this room.. life will be more comfortable and proper. Spirit? Good, they can be very useful.

Emperor Ing
2010-06-04, 10:34 AM
Deepea turns partially to Lop. Obviously the idea of falling down the tube has crossed her mind more than once, she's fast, maybe she can use the ninja roll technique to make the fall more comfortable. Maybe her frilly dress can act as a parachute and slow her fall.

But if nothing works, that looks like a not comfortable fall.
I don't think I want to fall down there.

Fishy
2010-06-04, 01:08 PM
[[Without going into details, I'm in software. So when our hardware breaks, there's nothing I can do about it, and clients are calling to scream at me, my life becomes interesting. Whee!]]

"Oh, joy of joys," grumbles Goregunath's distant voice, heavy with sarcasm. "... Deepea? Which one are you, again? Not the annoying one, I hope."

Elsewhere, Reklek's finely honed Maid Instincts lead her unerringly to a general food-storage area, connected directly to the dining room on one side and the kitchens on the other, which in turn link back up to the fungus farm near the entrance. Conveniently!

Emperor Ing
2010-06-04, 01:14 PM
Deepea stands...sort of...to attention down the tube, eager to speak to the master. Master, I am the... and suddenly the eagerness dies away. I'm...i'm the one with the white scales and two tails. She says that last line with heavy shame.

Kol Korran
2010-06-05, 06:19 AM
Kupa looks at the fungus "Food! i;ve been starving!" she grabs a handfull and stuff it into her mouth 'ell eed omting etter for Maste..." she says between chomping. she points her frying pan towards the general direction where the others went "A O ook!"

kamikasei
2010-06-05, 05:33 PM

[Was kind of confused by Aypet's last action. I guess it makes sense if we say she went downstairs first with Straza, then dragged Reklek and Kupa down after they returned from upstairs? After which they went back to the dining room and found the food.]

Reklek surveys the food with satisfaction. Well... she's satisfied at the accomplishment of finding it. Less so with what the food actually is. Dwarven supplies that last a long while after dwarves abandon a settlement tend not to be the most appetizing, but they're sustaining, at least.

She tucks in with a little more decorum than Kupa, and in particular, she tucks small and portable portions of the food in to her pockets and pouches - perhaps to give the others if they catch up with them, perhaps to keep herself going if they get cut off from the dining hall. Either way, she fills her belly after the long day's trek.

"What's that?" she looks quizzically at Kupa's gesturing. "If we go looking for the others, we should make sure they don't keep wandering around looking for us..."

If she can find anything suitable in the surroundings, even just a napkin and bit of charcoal, she leaves a note and pins it to one of the central pillars - "Wait here. We'll be back. ~Rk".

Their meeting point arranged, she joins the others in heading after the explorers deeper in to the mountain. [If that's what we're doing...?]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-07, 09:40 AM
((:smallconfused: where is everybody?))

--Lime--
2010-06-07, 09:53 AM
I'm... not even sure any more. I think I'm with the people I set out with in a well-furnished room that has a scary well.

Emperor Ing
2010-06-07, 09:54 AM
((I meant "Why isn't anyone posting?" ))

kamikasei
2010-06-07, 09:59 AM
((I'm trying to have Reklek lead the group in the dining hall (including Kupa, Aypet and Straza) to follow after the others who've found the master so we can all meet up again. So if any of that group want to further the action or do something else...))

--Lime--
2010-06-07, 10:30 AM
Fine with me, let's all meet up again, now that we've found our/something that could be our master

Salbazier
2010-06-07, 10:39 AM
The food was not too bad. [I]Maybe I can get used to this place after all. .

She follow the Reklek and the others finding the rest of the kobolds, scythe remain ready.

[Should i roll? [roll0] ]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-07, 10:48 AM
((Unfortunately Fishy posts slowly so...easier said than done. You'd probably be able to find us first though.))

--Lime--
2010-06-07, 10:54 AM
Aypet reads down the list of names she took, ending with her own.

"Yes, let's go find the others. Something about this place gives me the creeps. I think I remember the way back."

[[Roll for cunning to second-guess where the others went. [roll0]]]

Fishy
2010-06-07, 12:06 PM
[[Mrrgrr.]]

"Fantastic," growls the voice-that is-pretty-much-unmistakably Goregunath. "My lair is trashed, my horde is stolen, who knows what she's doing with my Xorvintaal pieces, but- thank the Mother- I still have my USELESS MUTANT RAT."

Goregunath's ire reverberates through the mountain, where the various other kobolds have assembled in the main hallway- WHEN SUDDENLY: [roll0] - A horrible slithering and glooping sound echoes in from the living area. It sounds exactly like several tentacled monstrosities climbing up out of the well!

Emperor Ing
2010-06-07, 12:28 PM
Deepea frowns. In her mind she hoped that the master would be very exited to see her or at least know she's there. But listening to how he put his situation, she understands why he would be upset. This is standard procedure usually, master always teased when he was upset. Deepea has been in the master's service long enough to know that, but it never stopped being upsetting.
B-but Master! We're here to help you! I want to make you feel as comfortable as possible while you plan your rising back into power! You don't have to be so mean.

--Lime--
2010-06-07, 12:40 PM
[[do we manage to meet up with them?]]

Fishy
2010-06-07, 12:45 PM
[[Sure, go nuts.]]

Eurus
2010-06-07, 01:17 PM
Now growing faintly nauseous from being upside-down for so long, and realizing that the Master really didn't care, Loplop sighs and starts slowly crawling down the tube. "We've got to get out of here ourselves, then..."

--Lime--
2010-06-07, 03:22 PM
[[Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but I'm going to have to drop out of this game. Sorry all.]]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-07, 05:09 PM
((Aww. :smallfrown:))

kamikasei
2010-06-08, 05:08 AM
Reklek hisses, hearing the two sounds. Now they know where, or at least which way, the Master is - but their newly-discovered haven is already being invaded.

"We'll have to lure them away from the supplies. You lot find something we can use to trap them. There must be an unstable ceiling we can bring down or a refuse hatch we can open somewhere. I'll go back and lure them to us."

And she does just that, jogging back to the well area and brandishing her sword at the first creature she sees. "Oy ugly! No dwarves left! Go find another mountain for your beardy snacks!"

((Rolling [roll0] to outrun them when leading them back to the others' trap.))

Deca
2010-06-08, 04:50 PM
Kyik snickered as the Master put Deepea in her place. She would have stayed to laugh more but she heard strange sounds from the living room. Master's dungeon was being invaded! How dare they!

She knew she was too weak to fight them directly. Hopefully, there were some traps around that she could set off. She better try and find them.

Luck roll: [roll0]

Kol Korran
2010-06-09, 03:46 AM
Kupa

"there's supposed to be Lava and stuff. no?" Kupa tries to bach the mosnters with her frying pan, and then lure them towards where it's hotter, hopefully down a tube or something towards fiery, lovely lava.

Atheletics [roll0] battling the monsters and drawing them after her.
Cunning or luck [roll1] find a way to flamable things. (does Kupa's pyromancer attribute count?)

Salbazier
2010-06-09, 02:21 PM
Great! Finally I can some have bloodsport again! Come here you disgusting low-lifes!

Straza's mind and eyes quickly start working to find places that offer strategic advantage to attack them.. or somekind of traps while her hands swing Ropespierre gracefully and dangerously toward the tentacle montrosity

[[Cunning [roll0] to do just that
Athletics [roll1] to attack the monster, hopefully moving them to traps or something]]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-13, 08:02 AM
((So....game's not dead and...well...
*twiddles thumbs* ))

Fishy
2010-06-13, 10:25 AM
[[Alright, here's the scoop: Someone just got fired at my work and I'm doing one-and-a-half jobs, and on top of other ridiculous RL stuff, this game is kind of falling to the bottom of my priorities list. I know there are a lot of people who were really excited about this (Holy boop, we have an awesome banner and everything), and I hate to disappoint you guys: Would any of you consider taking over as DM?]]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-13, 04:20 PM
((Since nobody else seems to be stepping up I guess i'm
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:D-baK9TAFR4VEM:http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/063/d/2/Catbringer_by_Sp1ash.jpg.

Fishy, please PM me whatever material you have for the game, mainly i'd like a map if you have one. I already have the PDF of the rulebook so that's not an issue.))

Deepea loses her grip inside the tube and falls down into it and into Gorengunath's chamber, screaming as she falls. She is stopped in midair by a...thing. A bright glowing purplish creature in a blue robe unlike anything you have ever seen before. It catches Deepea in midair where they both dissapear in a brilliant display of magical light.

Gorengunath's voice booms up into the forge. WHAT manner of maids are you to allow such a creature into my presence?!

-------------------------

((For you guys fighting, gimme a sec, lemme look up the specifics on combat, but can ya do me a favor and do only 1 action at a time? Either you're attacking or luring them into traps.))

Emperor Ing
2010-06-13, 04:39 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]
Multiple traps are set off sending a flurry of arrows and wall-blades at the hapless tentacle monsters.

While the creature chasing Straza recieves several arrows, it is not stopped, and is still coming at her.

More tentacle monsters are still coming through.

Salbazier
2010-06-14, 02:55 PM
Straza

Straza fends off with powerful swings of Robespierre while withdrawing carefully, luring them to another set of traps.

"Is there no better traps than this arrows!?" Maybe the magma chambers can work, if it is close enough

[[Should i roll? Athletics again I guess [roll0]]

[[edit: oops, wrong dice. Well let it just be]]

Kol Korran
2010-06-15, 08:33 AM
Kupa paritally explodes, anad starts whacking the tentacle monster furiously with her frying pan. I- had- enough- of- this!- master- gone- now- this?!?!- bad monster (whack!)- bad monster (wham!)- go home! (Kapow!)

Athletics [roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-15, 08:37 AM
((Currently waiting on all 4 people involved in combat to make their rolls. I post....much more frequently than Fishy (#1 in post count XD ) so just be aware you might wanna check up this thread more frequently and subscribe to this thread if you haven't already done so ))

Emperor Ing
2010-06-18, 11:51 AM
((Sigh, WHERE IS EVERYONE?!?))
Robespierre strikes the injured creature, bringing it down finally, but more monsters are on their way.

Kupa's relentless battering on the head of the creature is enough to turn its skull into a miniature serving tray (considering the size of kobolds however, it's an appropriate size.)

More creatures arrive, but you have the feeling this is the final wave.

Deca
2010-06-18, 04:51 PM
Kupa picks up a broom and attempts to hit the monster in the face with it. While she was physically weak, her work as a Maid allowed her some knowledge of broom combat. Hopefully.

Skill: 3d6

kamikasei
2010-06-19, 07:12 AM

Reklek makes a decision. They don't have time to try to lure the creatures deeper in to the mountain - they'll have to make a stand. Turning back on what's left of the ones who followed her into the maze of traps she strikes with her sword.

[roll0]

Salbazier
2010-06-19, 08:16 AM
Straza

Excited by the adrenalin rush, Straza strikes upon the incoming wave with a smile on her face. Like a death god incarnate, if death god have snout, she dances with Robespierre over the monsters.

Athletic [roll0]

{{I want to cheesly poetic at first, but change my mind :smalltongue:}}

Emperor Ing
2010-06-19, 08:25 AM
((By all means, go crazy! :smalltongue:

Deca's roll skrewed up so... ))
[roll0]

Straza slides under the legs of her victim, standing up and making an easy turn-around. The creature turning to face Straza's rotating torso only making her thrust of the sword (it's a sword) into the creature's chest that much easier. It gurgles in pain and then falls down in a pool of it's turquoise blood.

The creature attacking Reklek attempts to trip her, and in ripose, Reklek leaps into the air and lands a horizontal slash on the creature's abdomen, spewing the creature's cyan blood across the floor, however it does not seem that it's enough to drop it.

Kupa is able to keep the creature at bay with the broom, but is doing little more than annoying it and preventing it from attacking.
((Sorry, can't allow a totally unrelated role to do physical damage. =\ ))

Salbazier
2010-06-19, 08:49 AM
{{It's a scythe http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.global/smilies/heh.gif}}

Emperor Ing
2010-06-19, 01:16 PM
Straza's scythe instantly turns into a longsword and her memory is reprogrammed so she remembers it as always being a sword.

Salbazier
2010-06-21, 12:09 AM
"...!?" despite kickassing the enemy to oblivion, Straza feels odd and distraught for a moment, as if there's something wrong with the weapon in his hand

But it can't be. Robespierre is always with me since this lunacy began ... Why I have a feeling like I'm being toyed...

Annoyed for a reason she even don't understood, Straza continue to slash on the tentacle beast, making a blue sauced sashimi of their flesh.

Athletics [roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-21, 11:56 AM
The tentacled creature is decapitated by Swordspierre, which sliced through the creature's tentacles (they hung below the mouth) and neck like a hot machette through jelly.

There are few other tentacle monsters battling the other maids (if you wanna kill them for them, i'll allow it)

Salbazier
2010-06-21, 02:04 PM
{{sure thing}}

Not stopping to overrejoice in victory, the whirling frenzied kobold continue toward other monsters, pouring a cascade of blades upon them.

Athletics [roll0]

{heh, a bit dry of inspiration here)

Salbazier
2010-06-21, 02:20 PM
{re-roll}

Athletics [roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-21, 04:08 PM
((Just lemme know and I can fluff your attacks for you. I can be...creative. :smallamused: ))

Straza jumps into the creature, piercing its chest and the creature giving a gurgle in pain in retort. The kobold finishes off the monster by opposing gravity against the sword, the blade cutting through the creature easily, but provides enough momentum to front-flip over the beast, where her sword, outstretched, makes contact with the creature again. As Straza lands, the two equal halves of the creature fall to the ground opposite of each other.

kamikasei
2010-06-22, 07:19 AM

Obviously these were unusually frail creatures, if her wooden sword could cut them open, but equally obviously they were unusually resilient and difficult to finally put down. Reklek changes tack, backing up and feigning injury, waiting for the injured monster she's fighting to take the bait and step forward on to a pressure plate she's seen and deftly avoided.

(([roll0] to spring a trap))

Emperor Ing
2010-06-22, 07:30 AM
A blade flies from the floor, moving in an unstoppable angled circular path. The creature falls to the ground, its leg and arm partially lobbed off.

There is one last tentacle monster.

kamikasei
2010-06-29, 05:44 AM

Reklek attacks the last tentacle monster.

[roll0]

((Well if no one else wants it... :smallconfused:))

Emperor Ing
2010-06-29, 05:53 AM
Her wooden sword cuts into the chest of the creature followed by the removal of the sword and the creature's cyan blood along it. Although the wound looks grievous, the creature is still coming at you.

((Note to self: use tougher mooks. ))

Everyone feels the earth shake beneath your feet again in such a way that you might be beginning to wonder wether or not this entire volcano ruin will simply collapse into the magma.

----------------------

BORED!!

Salbazier
2010-06-29, 06:11 AM
Straza runs to Reklek's Aid, ignpring the rumbling earth for now . Robespierr swings in downward arc toward the monster's vital spot.

Athletics [roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-06-29, 06:30 AM
Straza is pretty sure she found it, of course you can never go wrong with sending a sword through the creature's eye.

After the cross-hilt makes contact with the creature's face, Straza turns around and kicks off the creature's chest, bringing Robespierre with her.
Also, it inexplicably turns back into a scythe.

Salbazier
2010-06-29, 07:46 AM
{{it is dead?}}

Ignoring the reality twist, Straza slash the creature again for good measure.

"Now what? This mountain sounds like it's going to explode. We should get to master."

Emperor Ing
2010-06-29, 08:14 AM
((It is dead. It is very very dead. ))

Straza's slash leaves little more than another open wound, one to which the carcass makes no unexpected response to.

kamikasei
2010-07-01, 10:18 AM
((Are any players besides myself and Salbazier still here?))

Salbazier
2010-07-01, 10:32 AM
{{apparently not, I was waiting for other player to response since it isn't funny if i have to roleplay this game myself. But, since I'm going to take a hiatus, well, It means I'm also out from this game. I'm sorry guys}}

kamikasei
2010-07-01, 10:35 AM
((Sorry to lose you. So, The Randomizer, if it's just you and me do you want to try rerecruiting/PMing other players or shall we call it quits?

...Apologies in advance if someone else replies saying "but I'm still here!"...))

Emperor Ing
2010-07-01, 11:04 AM
((We can try rerecruiting, at least Fishy left it open from the beginning that other maids may arrive. I for one don't want this game to die. ))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-01, 05:02 PM
Midi

Athletics:2
Affection:1
Skill:2
Cunning:3
Luck:1
Will:3

Types:Cool Heroine

Maid Uniform:Blue
Eye Color:Indigo

Quality 1:Shy
Quality 2:Pet-Scorpion
Roots:Slave
Explosion:Stealing
Weapon:Rifle (Musket)
Power:Immune to Pain

Midi was taken by Shisezan during her coup as a prize and was forced to serve her, but some sense of honor to her true owner kicked in and she has escaped to work for Goregunath as she was meant to. Usually calm and collected, Midi tries her hardest to fulfill her duties. She is not easy to get to know and is usually seen caring for her scorpion along side her work. When she's stressed to the limit, Midi loses control of her usually well hidden kleptomania and can't help but filch whatever isn't tied down.

Speech and [roll0] with mah cunning for a (hopefully) precise shot.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-01, 05:04 PM
Useful info from the first post:

Three months ago, Master Goregunath set out alone from his lair on 'a quick trip to visit his daughter', promising his servants that he would be back shortly. The next morning, Shisezan arrived instead, and announced that she was now lord and master of all of her father's territory, on the legal grounds that she had slam-dunked him into a volcano.

Some of his servants fled. Some surrendered, some were eaten, and a few were set on fire. But for your own reasons, you went after him, and so find yourselves a day's hike from the nearest village and at the feet of Karmevuor, the only active volcano within a day's dragonflight.

Probably.

Like so many convenient sources of magma, Karmevuor was once home to a mighty dwarven city, which like so many mighty dwarven cities, vanished from civilization one winter and is now a ghost town that no one wants anything to do with. Now the only living things on the mountain are a colony of wildcats, watching you from the bushes as you make your way up the path and through the massive obsidian doors- weathered and cracked with age, and filled with convenient kobold-sized holes.

Inside, a massive hallway of obsidian walls, covered in dusty old engravings of ferocious carp. Dozens of side-passageways branch off of the main hallway, and one of them might lead to the heart of the volcano...

[Right, let's get this party started! I personally like to play a bit fast-and-loose with the OOC, so they'll be short, inline and in [square brackets]. Take a moment to introduce yourselves, claim speech colors if that's your thing, and a [spoiler]'d sheet, if you'd be so kind.

To Do Stuff, announce what you're trying to do, pick the relevant stat, and roll Nd6. To stop someone else from Doing Stuff, announce what you're trying to do, pick the relevant stat, roll Nd6, and the loser takes Stress. That's 90% of it right there.]

Hat-Trick
2010-07-01, 05:24 PM
Hello? A call comes from the tunnel, shortly followed by the amplified sound of cloth on stone and the appearance of another maid by the name of Midi. She quickly brushes of any dust and stands to face the others, blue uniform, musket, scorpion and all.

Sornas
2010-07-01, 07:28 PM
Namara

Athletics: 1
Affection: 2
Skill: 3
Luck: 1
Will: 2

Types: Pure Cool

Color 1: Silver (Scales)
Color 2: Beige (Outfit)

Quality 1: Abusive Parents
Quality 2: Actually a Guy
Roots: Unrequited Love
Explosion: Mischief
Weapon: Short range Lightning magic (Stun Gun)
Power: Stalking
Favor: 4

Brief history: Namara was never the strongest or the fastest Kobold, in fact, quite the opposite, something his father, a drunkard and veteran warrior in charge of training the men of the tribe for battle, despised. The eventual revelation that Namara had no intention to marry a female, and thus propagate the bloodline, certainly didn't help matters, either. He spent his entire childhood undergoing every method his father could think of to "Toughen him up," including beatings, combat training, leaving him alone in the wild, and more. Needless to say, Namara despised his father, and wanted nothing more than to be free of him.

Luckily, he got his chance. One evening, the local Dragon lord, Goregunath, came to see the tribe, and annex it into his own force of servants. The majority of Kobolds were happy to comply, seeing that they probably were much better off with him than not, but Namara's father and a small troupe of warriors took it upon themselves to defend the tribe...and were subsequently squashed.

Overcome with joy and deep affection for his savior, Namara fell in love on the spot. The only problem (At least apparent to him at the time) being that he doubted that Lord Goregunath had similar feelings regarding males, and so he made a vow. If Lord Goregunath couldn't love him as a male, he would become the best "female" he possibly could for him, and if he worked hard enough at it, perhaps he could convince the dragon to look beyond the physical technicalities? Best to keep that part a secret for now though...

Speech

((Note: Namara doesn't look or sound obviously male, and is in fact trying to hide that fact. ))

"Oh dear..." Namara sighed, adjusting the frills on his beige uniform as he stepped into the cave on the side of the volcano he had overheard some other escapees were headed to. He was lucky to have escaped the lair alive, as he had taken the opportunity upon Master Goregunath's leave to sneak into his bedchambers and tidy it up as a surprise for him. He had even arranged his bedding in an adorable heart pattern!

But when Shisezan attacked, he had no choice but to hide, stuck hiding in the bedchambers while that horrible bi**h of a usurper ruined all of his hard work and claimed the room as her own. He was able to escape as soon as she went to sleep, but not before taking some charcoal and taking some artistic license with her face.

But that was all in the past now. The important thing now was finding the Master and making sure he was okay, nothing else mattered.

"Hellllloooooo?" He called out, wandering around to look for signs of recent disturbances that might lead him to the others. If any of them made it, that is.

[roll0] x2 (Cunning)

Hat-Trick
2010-07-01, 09:31 PM
"Miss Namara, I see you made it here safely as well," Midi observed with a bow. She glanced back to the others and offered a bow to them as well. "If I may make the suggestion, we should probably try to make this place more of a home." With that, Midi takes a handkerchief from her pocket and starts to dust, believing that, as futile a gesture it was, it was better than standing idle.

[roll0] *2 Skill

Emperor Ing
2010-07-02, 07:01 AM
((roll #d6 for your rolls, so if you're making a Skill check and your Skill attribute is 3, your roll will look like this

3d6

))

[roll1]
[roll2]

Namara finds herself* wandering aimlessly around the fortress, flanked on all sides by odd engravings of fish. (S)he thinks (s)he sees multiple kobold-shaped footprints, but these lead to some sort of old dwarven forge with three tunnels leading down. (S)he hears a heavy sigh coming from down them.

Although the dust is quite old, Midi is able to get it out of the walls and floors quite well, if it is lacking efficiency due to the nature of the hankerchief. The hallway is large and the dust is everywhere.

On the bright side she should be able to get it done eventually and if other maids show up Midi will be the first to meet them.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-02, 04:26 PM
((Third page! :smalleek:))

As Midi toils away with her handkerchief, she starts wishing for better tools. While she is proud of the work so far, she can't help but feel it is inadequate. As she continues cleaning she checks rooms for anything that might work better.

[roll0] cunning.

Sornas
2010-07-02, 06:48 PM
((roll #d6 for your rolls, so if you're making a Skill check and your Skill attribute is 3, your roll will look like this

[roll0]

))

[roll1]
[roll2]

Namara finds herself* wandering aimlessly around the fortress, flanked on all sides by odd engravings of fish. (S)he thinks (s)he sees multiple kobold-shaped footprints, but these lead to some sort of old dwarven forge with three tunnels leading down. (S)he hears a heavy sigh coming from down them.

((Sorry, my mistake, I coulda sworn the book said 1d6xstat. *Reads the OOC thread* Oh, okay. XD))

"Hmm...?" Namara tilted his head, straining to listen for the source of the sigh. That could be a sign of the others...or it could be a sign that this place was not so uninhabited in the first place...

He hesitated for only a moment before a terrible thought had crossed his mind. If there WERE dwarves still here, what would they have done to the master?!? Dwarves, and indeed all the tall races, were not known for looking kindly on dragonkin, and there was no way Namara was going to let them hurt his love!

A look of grim determination on his face, he picked up the hem of his skirt so it wouldn't drag in the dust as he hurried down the corridor towards the sound of the sigh, trying his best to stay as stealthy as possible.

[roll1]
(Skill. Reasoning being, Maids are supposed to be unobtrusive, and thus being quiet and not noticed would fall under maid skills.)

Also, ignore this roll entirely if Randomizer thinks the Stalking ability comes into play here, since Namara has a "Target" even if he doesn't know who it is he's after, but that's Randomizer's call.

smuchmuch
2010-07-02, 07:50 PM
Freeyra (4, 0/40)

"Hey, Hi. I'm Freeyra from Raidchirt clan"
Another rather small cream colored Kobold female in a partialy torn and buned red dress and carrying a small bag, stand nonchalantly in the doorway of the room where Midi toils, observing the surrounding dwarfen architecture.

"So uh, I was expected to arrive sooner but...", wincing with pain she grabs something from her back and pull with a small groan, it's a bloody half broken arrow "There goes that kidney. ...I met somme adventurers on the way." Ah the joy of bieng a random encounter. thanks Tamiat for werewolf regenration.

She shruggs. "So anyway, where do I start ?."

Hat-Trick
2010-07-02, 09:21 PM
Midi glanced at Freeyra with a slight look of surprise before bowing in greeting and going back to her work. She had successfully found more effective cleaning supplies, namely rags and a cleaning solvent and was still working on dusting. Her scorpion had run off for food earlier, but her musket rifle was leaning on the wall nearby. "If you so wish, you may help me dust or, alternatively, you may try to furnish our new lair," Midi answered. Although not actually a command, as she had no authority to give one, her down-to-business tone may make it sound as such.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-03, 05:37 AM
((Sorry for not posting sooner. :P ))
Looking around in the local area reveals a closet containing several tools. Most of which range from unneeded to unusuable, but Midi easily find a broom and a handbrush that should make dusting easier.

Freeyra's observation of the dwarven architecture reveals little more than extremely sturdy stonework hemmed into the volcano with multiple engravings of what she believes is carp lining the walls.

Namara looks down both ends of the cooridor and eventually comes to the resolution the sigh came from down the metal pipes.

smuchmuch
2010-07-03, 05:34 PM
Freeyra (4 0/40)

"Pretty." Freeyra tilt her head to get a better look at the carving "But why would nayone bother carving fishies in an undergound city ?". Dwarves are weird she decide before taking a rag and getting to work.

She's curious about that old dwarven city and the volcano, she's a provincial kobold, it's kind of a change from the usual damp lair she's used to, but exploring will wait a bit. She just already got beaten to a pulp a few hours ago, she'd rather wait for the most agravated wounds to close before taking the risk of wandering alone aimlesly in a nice but probably spikey deathtrap cluttered* place.

Of course dusting tend to be be a thankfully fairly safe but horribly dull activity, wich usualy trigger small talk reflexes. "So you've been working here long ?"

Skill to help with he cleaning [roll0]

* Freeyra is female (as it would be apparent by reptialian standart, whatever they may be). Hence no parenthesis needed around the s in she.

**It's a well known fact that ancient ruins almost alway contain treasures and deathtraps. No matter how little sense it may makes. There's probably the work of a secret society behind that.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-03, 05:57 PM
((My mistake, got some characters mixed up. :smalltongue:))
Freeyra's work, while adequate, seems redundant at times. Nevertheless the fishy engravings seem little more than to give evidence of the dwarven culture's existence.

Make a roll for Will to figure out what the engravings might mean.

smuchmuch
2010-07-03, 06:21 PM
at somme point, probly befiore she started talking, Freeyra takes a closer look at the engravings because she's a bit of an archologist at heart. But mostly because scrubbing dust is borring and any distaction will do (taht ans he has a reaaly short attention span). Then, having no idea what they were supposed to mean, she lost interest and started talking with Midi.
But she may get a brilliant bit of insight at somme point later, who knows.

Will [roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-07-03, 06:29 PM
((Epic win. :smallbiggrin:))
The carp engravings indicate that the dwarves had a fishing-based economy and a lot of their lives and livelihood revolved around fishermen. The lack of water around is the most likely reason of this once prosperous city's abandonment. Likely their fish source dried out.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-03, 06:43 PM
Midi did not answer right away, as her scorpion had returned and she placed it back on her shoulder before returning to dusting and replied, "While I have worked for Lord Goregunath for many years now, I have only just arrived at this location." A somewhat redundant answer, but she left it at that. Her scorpion nudged her neck with one claw, causing her to pause in her dusting. She started again, this time humming a small tune for her pet.

Sornas
2010-07-04, 07:14 AM
Namara

Pipes...in a forge...in an active volcano...Namara wasn't known for his planning ahead, but even he realized that this had the potential to be bad news if these pipes led into whatever fed this forge, and he were to try and jump down them to follow the sound.

Unfortunately for Namara, he realized this about six seconds into his descent. "Don't worry Master, I'm coming!" He called out, trying to use his claws and tail to slow his descent to somewhat safe levels.

[roll0] Athletics

Emperor Ing
2010-07-04, 07:46 AM
Namara's descent is rough at the beginning, until the pipe levels out and (s)he is able to stop hirself just before (s)he slides into a steeper part of the pipe.

Namara hears a loud groan come from the end of the pipe.
AUUUUUUUUGHHH....

smuchmuch
2010-07-04, 09:28 PM
Freeyra.

"Ah." Freeyra takes her bag, diseapear ifor a few minutes into a nearby tunnel before comme back wearing a similar but intact dreess. She has lots of question but somehow few seems apropriate att he moment. besides...

"I'm starving." It's not easy to notice with the new clothe, but an atentive observer may notice her wounds are almost entirely healed by now. And being an unholy regenrative abomination takes colories don't you know ? "I'm going to go look for somethoing to eat. Fish maybe ? Nah. Rats with any luck." She would eat that tasty looking scorpion, but she somehow doubt her owner would agree. no point in making enemies right of the bat. "Feel free to join. if you want"

That said she heads for the entrance of a large nearby tunnel and start humming the air in search for a potential prey.

I think that would fall under luck, so that's a an automatic 0.
Still Going to roll skill as an alternate, in case that's acceptable since the're something methodical, stealth based in a hunt.[roll0]

Sornas
2010-07-04, 11:07 PM
Namara

"That voice...that definitely sounds like Master, and it sounds like he's in pain! I have to hurry!" Namara looked down the steep pipe into the darkness below and took a deep breath, steeling himself and focusing on what was important: The master.

"Alright, let's go!" He said with a hint of a grimace, pushing himself off to slide down the pipe standing up, not wanting to ruin his dress on the soot.

[roll0] Will. Reasoning: Namara thinks he's in pain, and is determined to get to him, no matter what the cost.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-05, 12:06 AM
Midi watched the new maid go with little show of emotion, but had stopped humming. While it was true she was feeling hungry, she still had work to do... She glanced at the wall and sighed. She would die of starvation before finishing and she had done amble work as it is. She stood up, grabbed her musket and followed Freeyra. Her scorpion nudged her again and she resumed humming for it.

[roll0] Cunning to find food, assisting to Freeyra's roll.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 06:27 AM
Midi's and Freeyra's search rather quickly ends as Freeyra trips over the remains of some sort of blue-blooded tentacle creature. Judging by the lobotomy it has seemed to recieve recently it is most certainly dead. There are many other such tentacle monster corpses strewn around killed in not unsimilar ways.
At the far end of the hallway is a living example of one of the tentacle monsters, walking along shooting glances at its kind's dead. It appears to be an individual of importance, judging by its ornate dark blue robe

A little caution might have been wiser. The pipe abruptly ends and Namara finds hirself in freefall down an enormous chamber. Hir dress doing less than it should in the way of parachute action so this fall is gonna hurt.
On hir fall, however, (s)he lays eyes on the master himself. An enormous red dragon of colossal porportion. His aged and pale flaming eyes track Namara's descent every step of the way.
Whatever thoughts are going through Namara's head, they are stopped abruptly on impact with the ground. Despite the incredible pain and possible injury, Namara's willpower allows hir to shrug off some pain.
On the bright side, the floor is solid rock and not molten lava.

Namara takes
[roll0]
stress

Hat-Trick
2010-07-05, 03:56 PM
Midi brought her musket to bear and took aim at the tentacled monstrosity, but didn't shoot, yet. "If you can speak do so now and state your name and reason for intruding in our lair." Although it was completely possible they were the trespassers, even the master, Midi didn't much care as this way their new home, existing residence be damned.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 04:07 PM
The tentacled monstrosity makes its way over to Midi, moving almost motionless through the bodies. Tt almost looks like it's floating. There were dwarves here yet all I see is the blood of my brothers. Explain yourself to Sindrematatov at once little creature.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-05, 04:31 PM
"Your brothers were dead at my arrival," Midi answered. "If you seek answers, you'll have to ask another. You still haven't told us why you're here." As the monster, Sindrematatov, drew closer, she shifted her grip to use the musket as a club if it came to melee combat. One of these days, she's going to have to get a bayonet for it.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 04:36 PM
The creature shifts its glance from the strange kobold to the even stranger way the firearm is being held. It then glances around the room subtley.
I came to feed. To consume the minds of the weak and of the strong. Dwarven priests and monarchs, yet when I come I see nothing but dust and ruin. My praetoria slaughtered before me, and with little to show for it except you, my dear.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-05, 04:48 PM
"Your threats don't take root, Sindrematatov," Midi replies. "You wish for me to fear you and I do not. You can do nothing to me to can change that. If you seek food, and you are what I believe you are, there are human settlements near by. I do not care if they lose their brains."

[roll0] cunning for negotiations

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 05:09 PM
[roll0]

Interesting, the existence of these settlements is known to me, and I am certain the minds of a simple human would tide me over than one of a foolish kobold. Nevertheless, I must confess I admire your courageousness, it takes much to speak to me and having others speak up to me has become rather dull.

smuchmuch
2010-07-05, 05:17 PM
Freeyra

At a small distance, Freeyra is cautiously nibbling on one of the dead creatures tentacles to see if they taste more like squid or a chicken*.

At the samme time she's watching the negotiation and the intruder with a bit o light quiet curiosity. she had no idea what species Squidy was, but he mentioned he was expecting to find dwarves, so that meant he was really ancient.

*It is a well know fact that peoples will alway compare any new food they taste, to chicken, even if they never tasted chicken before, no matter what. The Why of that, is one of the great mistery of the mind.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 05:23 PM
Squid. Definitely squid.

Sindrematatov leans to the side seeing Freeyra nibbling on one of his kin. Tell your friend that my brothers deserved their fate, their failure is not my responsibility. I will leave their remains to your devices.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-05, 05:33 PM
"I will. Perhaps in future meetings we can have more peaceable interactions," Midi answers Sindrematatov with a bow, returning her musket to a more nonthreatening grip. "Enjoy your meal."

Midi turns to her companion and asks, "What is your assessment?"

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 05:38 PM
White flames climb up Sindrematatov's robe up until they surround his body. As the flame subsides, he appears to have vanished.

smuchmuch
2010-07-05, 05:40 PM
Freeyra

"Thanks." Freeyra who heard that last part, and gives a happy wave to squidy man (that's how she interiorly decided to call him, Sindrematatov is just to long a name to bother to remember in her opinion) before starting to drag one of the bodies to the lair while humming hapilly.

To answer Midi question. "Comestible. Pretty good in fact. KInda taste like fish but kinda rubbery. Should be good grilled" Just in case Midi meant about the situation rtaher than food "Oh and I think you piked his interest so he'll probaly comme back later to try to eat your mind or something. Good luck with that."

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 05:47 PM
((Fun fact: Real life squid have blue blood too. :smalltongue: ))

Hat-Trick
2010-07-05, 06:05 PM
"He may try, although I highly doubt he will succeed," Midi replies, assisting Freeyra in moving the body. While Freeyra may be right in that cooking the meat would be a good idea, they had no place to cook. She took her scorpion off of her shoulder and held it in her palm. "Do you know where we can find somewhere to cook?" It would have a better chance, as it has explored the area more than she.

Ah, that's luck! That's a low stat... [roll0]

The scorpion fidgets a little and Midi sighs, placing her pet back on her shoulder. She'll just have to find it herself.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 06:09 PM
It looks like the chamber does continue onward though. Maybe there's something there.
And the scorpion wouldn't be able to find it.

Sornas
2010-07-05, 06:33 PM
Namara

"Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!" Namara screamed as he hurtled through the air, his scream stopping abruptly as soon as he spotted the Master.

Still careening through the air, he called out, "Master! Have no worries! I've come to save you fr-"

THUD.

Namara faceplanted into the rock mid-sentence, ending up with all of his limbs splayed out in what looked to be the most painful headstand ever conceived. "Owwwwww...my head...I gotta..." He suddenly leaped to his feet, glancing around furiously, lightning crackling around his claws. "I gotta protect Master! Alright, show yourselves! Who would dare hurt my Master?!?"

Emperor Ing
2010-07-05, 07:00 PM
The red dragon rests his enormous head on his folded arms as he lies down to be as close to eye level with Namara as he physically can.

The dragon grins widely, teeth being revealed on his large snout.Yessss...I think they are on my back, under my scales. Maybe if you rub hard enough you can destroy my attackers.

Sornas
2010-07-05, 07:11 PM
Namara

Suddenly realizing that the Master wasn't under assault by literal attackers, Namara visibly drooped a little. After all, he had wanted to prove himself to the Master...maybe even save his life!

He was then caught off guard as Gorgunath lowered himself to come close to eye level, his heart skipping a beat at the idea that he would bother to do such a thing to speak to him, there must be hope!

"Of course, Master! Your lady Namara is here for you always!" He beamed, almost giddy as he tried to maintain his composure as a dignified maiden.

Trying his best to climb up onto Gorgunath's back, he looked for the possible source of the irritation. "Don't worry Master! Just relax, and let your Lady Namara take care of you!"

[roll0] Skill, maid-ly duties!

Toric
2010-07-05, 09:42 PM
Miichi 50/50 (2)

Yet another new face enters the ruined dwarven halls. This one sports both a rather stunned expression :smalleek: and various scratches and bruises. One of the two hands correlating with this face is dragging a long stick with nails roughly hammered into the end scraping along the floor. The other is holding the tail of a feral cat, long dead and trailing blood.

The new arrival plods along the hallways slowly, rotating mechanically to scan the complex for signs of life, hostile or otherwise.

[roll0] to encounter some of the other kobolds.

Elrosth
2010-07-05, 10:26 PM
TifTif
Athletics: 2
Affection: 2
Skill: 1
Cunning: 0
Luck: 3
Will: 1

Favor: 4

Types: Boyish Heroine
Colors: Completely blue
Qualities: Neat Freak and Neat Freak
Roots: Orphan
Explosion: Spoiled Child
Weapon: Book
Power: Escape

Color: Cyan

A baby kobold was orphaned at a very young age by a group of adventurers. Though they killed her parents and extended family, luck was with the little kobold as one of the adventurers decided to keep the baby as a pet, since its skin matched her favorite blue skirt. It was not until this time she received the name TifTif, a nickname from her new mom Tiffa Fellwyn.

Tiffa was not exactly the greatest mother, or very many other things, but the Fellwyn house was a minor noble family in the mainlands. After it was shown that Tiffa would pay no heed to the disapproval of her social circle for keeping the dirty beast she found, they let her go about her business, as long as she kept the thing clean. Cleanliness and order was pressed hard into the little kobold, as long as she was under the roof of House Fellwyn. Tiffa took it upon herself, or rather upon the staff of her house, to teach the baby kobold everything an advanced civilization had to offer. Unfortunately, TifTif was not the brightest torch, even as far as kobolds go, and the most they got through her head was how to read and write, which TifTif enjoyed immensely.

Between the heroic stories she would read, and her new mother's own line of work, TifTif had filled her head with the epitome of heroism and knightly chivalry and sought to be a hero herself. However, as noble as her goals were, she had little willpower and was prone to throwing spoiled tantrums if anything went against her. Once she was old enough, Tiffa would bring little TifTif with her on adventures, and taught her the basics of fighting and travel.

Eventually, the day came when her adventurer's spirit and her spoiled tantrums joined forces in her head, and after having a spat with her mother she decided to strike out on her own and see what the world had in store for her. Not much, apparently, as within hours of beginning her journey she was captured by a band of raiders, who sold her to Master Goregunath for cheap labor.

Following shortly behind Miichi, TifTif enters the halls. She seems a bit uncomfortable with her traveling companion, but relieved to have reached their destination, and she too sets out to try and find her companions.

Luck roll to find her fellow kobolds: [roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-07-06, 05:25 AM
((@Elrosth: We discussed this before, we're rolling with 3d6, not 1d6x3. I'll let you keep that roll for now.))

Namara finds that going up Gorengunath's arms is the best way to get to his back. (S)he finds that his scales are very hard and pretty slippery, but (s)he is able to climb up them by gripping her kobold talons to the edges of each scale. Contrary to what Namara may or may not think about that, the master doesn't seem to care. The one eye on this side of his head doesn't seem to be tracking Namara.
Once (s)he finally gets up on top. she is able to massage Gorengunath as best she can, which mostly involves pressing down on his scales so they sink a few inches into his flesh. This takes a great deal of effort though, and Namara can hear the master give off a contented purr.

Favor gained: [roll0]

TifTif very easily runs into Miichi, who may or may not have noticed TifTif yet.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-06, 09:27 AM
Midi starts to get tired of just wandering around with a body and stops to stretch for a second. There has to be somewhere to cook. There should multiple, this used to be settlement after all. She grumbles to herself as she continues to search for something to use as a kitchen.

[roll0] Cunning to search

Emperor Ing
2010-07-06, 11:50 AM
Midi moves by a set of stairs that lead somewhere up and goes into a room that has the walls, ceiling, and parts of the floor filled with nothing except fungus. The fungus room itself leading into what is unmistakably a derelict kitchen. Obviously it's dusty, ruined, and unusable. However with some time, effort, and a little bit of luck, it could be usable again.

Sornas
2010-07-06, 12:40 PM
Namara: Favor 4 Stress 11/20

Humming happily to himself, Namara continued his work. Listening for any auditory clues that the master was getting bored with any one particular location before moving on to another, as well as any indication that he'd had enough.

Until that point, however, Namara was more than happy to continue, even if the effort was wearing on him, especially after that fall...

[roll0] Skill!

Emperor Ing
2010-07-06, 03:12 PM
Gorengunath gives off another contented purr, this one slightly longer and louder. It isn't long, however, until the purr is heard once again, except this time it starts out quiet and ends in a blood-curdling cry of anger and hatred that shakes the volcanic lair and everyone in it.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-06, 03:27 PM
Midi dropped her hold of the body she was dragging and glanced around. That was no earthquake, and the roar of anger confirmed that. She dashed out of the abandoned kitchen and headed towards the direction she believed the roar came from. Goregunath was troubled. That was never good.

Sornas
2010-07-06, 03:47 PM
Namara Favor 4 Stress 11/20

"Ahh!" Namara yelled with a start as he tumbled off of Gorunath's back, once again meeting his good friend the floor.

Scrambling to his feet, he dashed over to Gorgunath's head. "Master! What's wrong? Has something hurt you? I wasn't being too rough, was I?!?"

Emperor Ing
2010-07-06, 03:59 PM
Namara becomes unstable and slides off Gorengunath's back like a slide. Although the fall isn't pleasant, it's nothing that (s)he can't shrug off though.

Despite Namara's reassurances, the master seems to be grieving over something else.
AUUUGH, Why? WHY?!

smuchmuch
2010-07-06, 04:43 PM
Freeyra

Reacting in a split second, Freeyra grabs a pointy stick and put meat on eat, creating a handy tentacle Kabob for the road.
Hey, if she's going to wander blindly in an unknown dangerous place, searching of the provenance of an angry dragon, that roar probably spels nothing good, she might as well stuff her face while doing so. Her priorities setted, she head down one of the cooridors of the forgoten city in the vague direction from wich the sound came from.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-06, 04:49 PM
Sadly there's no nearby source of heat to cook the tentaclekebab at the moment. What stove can be found in the kitchen is only filled with ash, and looks like it needs to be manually lit.

Toric
2010-07-06, 06:30 PM
((Because I didn't post it previously))
[]Name: Miichi
Types: Boyish Lolita.
Modified stats: Athletic 3, Affection 1, Skill 1, Cunning 2, Luck 2, Will 2.
Colors: Green (clothing), cream (tail).
Qualities: Trauma (Abusive Parents), Albino.
Roots: Self-Punishment. Stress Explosion: Alcohol/drugs.
Weapon: Spiked Club.
Power: Weapon from nowhere.
Text color: Green

Background: Miichi’s childhood – during which kobolds are given at least adequate attention and taught important life skills such “At what times is theft considered appropriate” or “How to build a deadly pit trap using only a flat rock, a thicket, and a live hog” – was a brief one. It started with her hatching and ended with the laying of her mother’s following egg: her green dragonwrought sister Shioshi. From that moment forward, the eldest was demoted from child to babysitter of far more important child. Whatever Shioshi needed, Miichi provided. Whatever other kobolds talked to Miichi about…. was probably about Shioshi. Naturally, any complaints from the older sister about the arrangement were brushed off by her parents as the ungrateful grumblings of a lowly runt given a great honor. There was also the fact that Shioshi seemed somewhat appreciative of the efforts, especially following an adventurer raid that involved a blocking dive, a baleful polymorph spell, and a wooden spike to each kidney at exactly the wrong moment. So, over time, Miichi grew accustomed to her role as now half-mammal maidservant, and things went more or less smoothly until Shioshi reached adolescence. The ungrateful brat said she didn’t want her sister as a servant anymore! Miichi couldn’t believe it; she’d spent practically her whole life as a dutiful bodyguard, cook, groomer, and interior decorator, and now she was being cast aside like a sprung dwarfsmasher trap! Her parents had long ago made the decision to treat her as more furniture than family, and now the sister she waited hand and foot on was done with her. In anger, Miichi gathered her belongings, left the tribe, and wandered until she found another tribe that would accept her.
Even before being relieved of a home by Shisezan, Miichi was very difficult to relate to. First, the entire back half of her body is covered in a cream-colored coat of fur. Second, the continues to wear the green uniform that branded her as the dragonwrought’s handmaiden; asking about the clothing’s origin or why she continues to wear it is met with her spiked club, which she seems to always have on hand. Many kobolds don’t bother asking where the finely crafted nails embedded into the club came from. Those who do ask receive a response that is both blunt and to the point. She is light on her feet and can hold her own in a fight, but her maid skills are subpar for the environment – caring exclusively for one kobold and caring collectively for a tribe plus dragon require quite different skill sets.

Miichi 50/50 (2)

The wall-trembling clamor shakes Miichi out of her condition. The wildcat tail drops to the floor and the massive stick vanishes into thin air. She can suffer post-tramatic stress later, somewhere there's a dragon in danger! "C'mon Blueberry, shake a talon! Either it's Goregunath and we've found the right volcano this time or it's not and we've found a new boss!" the albino calls back as she begins running in the direction of the hall that stops shaking first.

Elrosth
2010-07-06, 07:01 PM
TifTif follows hot on the heels of her half-cold-blooded companion, hoping we can resolve this quickly and get to work. "This place filthy!" she says in her odd human accent, slightly out of breath. Miichi always forgets she can run a bit faster than TifTif. Never one to turn down a challenge, TifTif tries to beat her down the hall.

Athletics to outpace Miichi [roll0]

Sorry about the 3d6 thing, I had just been looking in the book before I rolled, and forgot we changed it.

smuchmuch
2010-07-06, 07:40 PM
Freeyra

Geez... You'd think in an active inhavbited by a rd dragon, fire would be an easy comodity to comme by.
Well then, Freeyra will eat her Tentacle on a Stick raw for now, hungry Kobolds can't be choosers*.
Still she does make a mental note of searching for a lighter of something of the sort later (might comme in handy even if just to lit torches, should they ever need to explore the deepest levels of the ruins**), before moving out in the vague dirrection of the noise again.

*Besides raw meat is very good for the brain. With all the abuse she regulary takes in the head, Freetra needs all the help she can get on that side.

**Unless kobolds have dark vision ? I'm not sure.

Toric
2010-07-06, 10:04 PM
Miichi

Not a second after TifTif passes her, Miichi breaks out of her quick stroll and into a fully-fledged sprint. "It's a dirtpile, it is. Perfect reason to mop the floor with you then!"She's run from several elephants in the last few hours, so she's on the verge between "warmed up" and "tuckered out."

[roll0] to win the impromptue race.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-07, 05:24 AM
Miichi easily outpaces Tiftif as they both end up in the dusty kitchen where they'll find Freeyra eating a raw tentacle-on-a-stick.

Also of note, there's another open doorway that leads to another room.

As for the origin of the cry, everyone is able to pinpoint it as coming from below, and as if it's coming from inside the volcano's crater. There likely isn;t much fire up here.

And yes, kobolds have darkvision and don't require torches.

Elrosth
2010-07-07, 03:08 PM
TifTif

TifTif huffs into the room behind Miichi, looking irritated. She spots Freeyra and her squid stick, and switches to a casual stride mid-step. "Ooh... calamari! You have enough to go around?"

Affection [roll0] to snag a quick bite before we continue. Does it look like that door goes down? Or can't we tell? Are there any other doors in the room?

Emperor Ing
2010-07-07, 03:13 PM
The door doesn't seem to go down, and in fact you think it wraps around to make a circle with the hallway, the kitchen, and the currently uncharted room.

smuchmuch
2010-07-07, 03:40 PM
Freeyra

"Yesh."
Freeyra barely look at TifTif and just points a claw in the direction of the corpse Midi dropped earlier. "Jere's Plentchy more when it camme from."

The other newcommer catch her interest a little more, partly because of the hideous disfigurement wich make her own predicament feel good in comparaison, but mostly because there's something about that face that feel familiar.
"Have i sheen you shomewhere before ?"

Hat-Trick
2010-07-07, 09:39 PM
Midi arrived at Goregunath's location after some guessing and backtracking and in need of breath. Despite this, she composed herself and bowed to her master before speaking. "May I ask what troubles you, lord?"

Sornas
2010-07-07, 10:09 PM
Namara Favor 6, Stress 11/20

Namara looked around for the cause of The Master's ire, before suddenly realizing what had him so angry and upset.

Treading carefully, Namara quietly waited for Gorgunath to calm down slightly before speaking. Just as he was about to open his mouth to ask, he spied another Kobold come in from a nearby tunnel. He had seen that one around, but never met her, and really had no idea as to her level of competence.

He arched what would have been an eyebrow, if kobolds had eyebrows, slightly at the directness of the question, a little upset that this interloper had come in to disturb his time alone with the Master. "Master, I believe I understand what has you so upset, and I want you to know that I am still here for you, and I always will be." There was possibly some very slight venom on the word "I" in that statement, directed towards the newcomer, but Namara's face stayed somber.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-08, 05:36 AM
Midi arrived at Goregunath's location after some guessing and backtracking

((I don't think so, not without a roll. :smalltongue: ))

Gorengunath speaks through his grieving.
Yes yes yes, I lost everything. Everything. How fortunate am I to have you...things circling me in the aftermath of my twilight. His words carry heavy resentment and sarcasm through them.

Elrosth
2010-07-08, 10:32 AM
TifTif

Grabbing a hunk of calamari for herself, TifTif pokes her head into the uncharted room next door.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-08, 12:26 PM
[roll0] Alright then... That good enough?

Toric
2010-07-08, 05:22 PM
Miichi 50/50 (2)

The albino kobold slows to a circular trot around the snacker, merely warmed up by the sprint. She peers intently as she circles, taking in all features from every angle. "Let's see... Nobody from my old Murkfoot clan. Not a Needledee or a Froghold either...." As TifTif goes to explore further, Miichi slows down her trot and comes to a stop face-to-face with Freeyra. "Now that just leaves...." The fur-lined tail is the first to move, with the rest of the body merely following the leader in a spin. It's exactly like the first time: in the first half of the spin, the kobold's hands only mime the grasping of an object, but in the second they are holding a very real stick. "Think fast!"

[roll0] to disguise what will be a simple tap on the head as a fullbodied swing.

smuchmuch
2010-07-08, 05:53 PM
Freeyra

Freeyra smiles inwardly. If Michii want to perpetuate that old game of "Wack a head, think fast or suffer", who is she to disapoint ?

Will. [roll0]

Freeyra thrust a hand in the air in front the club in mid course and let her arm absorb most of the kinetic energy. There a slight wince as she feel a bit of pain in her palm and wrist but she was expecting at least a bit of bone cracking.
("Aww you went easy on me." actualy despite the bravado she's pretty happy about that, from her memories Michii could hit hard). Her grip doesn't falter, leaving the two into somme kind of temporary stalemate.

Nice swing though" She takes a look at the club blocked (or rather having lost most of it's momentum but still slowly pressing it's way down, of the two she's still the weakest) only a few centimeters of her head before looking back at her friendly would be assaulter.
"So you came to wok for Gorengunath too ? Weren't you already..." She lets the sentence hang around, not wanting to accidentaly intrude on a sensitive subject with somoene holding a blunt object a few inches from her cranium.

Sornas
2010-07-08, 11:18 PM
Namara Favor 6 Stress 11/20

Namara hung his head slightly, Gorgunath was right, after all. He had lost everything, and the only things that he had were the few loyal kobolds who had stuck by his side...all he had were a few loyal servants and a...colonized volcano... Namara snapped his fingers and grinned up at Gorgunath.

"Master! I know things are tough right now, but how about you let your lady Namara and the rest of your loyal servants prove to you what we can do?" He smoothed the rock dust off of his skirt and smiled. "We'll make this place an even better home for you, and help you get back to your full strength! Then, when you are at your full, awesome strength, we'll take back the old lair from your daughter!" The latter part was accompanied by some rather enthusiastic miming of combat, though Namara's ineptitude in that area showed clearly as he barely managed to not trip over his skirt. "Then, not only will everything be right back the way it was, but you'll have even more land! In fact, I bet there's even some treasure left here for your hoard, why else would they be in a volcano but to protect it?"

Namara gave Midi a quick look, a brief, fierce expression that said now was not the time to contradict him, before returning his attentions back to the Master.

[roll0] Skill: It's a maid's job to inspire confidence that they can get their duties done.
[roll1] Affection: Namara is also hoping this little speech will endear him to Gorgunath, and perhaps make him appear on his radar as an individual (Hey, it's a start!)

Toric
2010-07-09, 06:47 PM
Miichi Spirit 43/50 (2)

Miichi flinches at the unfinished sentence, the sly grin from the trick gone. She doesn't move to strike Freeyra, but it's obvious that she's upset. (Miichi takes 7 Stress from combat.) The pressure on her hand eases and the club is returned to whatever void it spends its free time in. "Things change. ....Kobolds change." The mood passes as quickly as it came, though, and the smallest hint of a smile returns to the catkobold's face. "Or at least most do. You never did dodge, Freeyra. I've only been working for this dragon for the past few months but I don't know why I never saw you. ...The old home must have been too crowded." Miichi looks around at the dusty room and shrugs. "Things change."

Emperor Ing
2010-07-09, 07:01 PM
TifTif finds a room filled almost entirely, from floor to wall to ceiling, filled with nothing except fungus. Is it edible?

------------

((@Hattrick: Satisfactory. :smallcool: ))
Midi finds that the layout of the city is large and confusing, and it is extremely easy to get lost in...if you're not an unnaturally cunning kobold. Through her extensive knowledge of dungeoneering as well as some use of common sense, she is able to find a large balcony approximately 3 stories up from the bottom of the crater that overlooks the cooled off molten rock at the bottom. She is easily able to see Gorengunath as well as another kobold in a frilly beige dress with grey scales down there. She's close enough to communicate with the two of them.

Gorengunath's fading eye turns to Midi and his snout bares his enormous teeth. How many of you are there?

Namara's speech is successful in distracting him from Midi.

"We" can take it back? "We?!" He raises his head. My own daughter was able defeat me, ruin me, and drag me in the mud before throwing me into this volcano, what do you think a few idiotic rats like yourselves are able to do?!?

The Master takes several breaths before being overcome with an undeniable feeling that someone as old as himself knows all too well. If you want to at least give half of the illusion you are somewhat of use to me, then I can think of one thing you can do. Not far from this...prison are several human settlements. I hunger for the flesh of all the filthy monkeys of one of them.

-------------

Miichi finds the cooker to be dusty and unusable at the moment, but a little firewood as well as the secret ingredient can get it operational. (Hint: The secret ingredient rhymes with "fire" :smalltongue: )

smuchmuch
2010-07-09, 07:22 PM
@Randomizer: wait wait i got it... Is it .. Fire ?

@ Toric: Since tthis wasq friendly fighting, i didn'"t intend the will roll as combat, no need to take stress for that.

Freeyra

"Oh space got nothing with that, I just started today." Freeyra shrugs "Haven't even seen the master yet. Should probably be look for him or something." Freeyra in a terrible servant "I'm exploring the place for now. Wanna join once you've grabbed a bite ?"

Emperor Ing
2010-07-09, 09:38 PM
((I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand it was little more than sparring, on the other hand, in this RPG system, "Combat" is an extremely vague term where dusting competitions are the equivalent of crossing swords. By that virtue, I think Miichi keeps the stress. She has insanely high spirit though, she'll be fine. :smalltongue: ))

Elrosth
2010-07-09, 09:50 PM
TifTif

"I've got a pretty nice kabob going here..." TifTif thinks as she grabs a pod off of the wall. Sniffing it, she spears a couple onto her stick. "Only one way to find out..." TifTif shrugs and pops a third one into her mouth.

Luck [roll0]

Should I take stress from losing the sprint? I thought I would, but then nothing came of it.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-09, 09:54 PM
The fungus tastes like a cross of vegetables and cheese. Nevertheless it is safe to eat, and judging by how the rest of the fungus looks to be the same throughout the room, it's all safe to eat.

((Don't worry about it. :smalltongue: ))

Toric
2010-07-09, 10:58 PM
((Randomizer: ....Yes. Insanely high Spirit. So insanely high, in fact, that it doesn't match 10X my will score. Meaning I have 20. Which will be corrected from here on out.

smuchmuch: I'd take the Stress anyway. It fits the context.))

Miichi Spirit 13/20 (2)

Miichi suppresses a gag. She's seen what qualifies as food for Freeyra.

"Ehhh.... let's focus on finding the source of that roar for now."

[roll0] to locate Goregunath.

Sornas
2010-07-10, 06:05 PM

Namara nodded eagerly, wanting to prove to Gorgunath that he was useful, and hopefully bolster the dragon's confidence with their success. "Of course, Master! Your lady Namara will go gather up whoever else managed to make it here, and together we'll gather your dinner! Just you wait, Master, this will be just the thing you need to lift your spirits!"

He glanced over at Midi, motioning for her to walk with him as he started out of the chamber. "Hello there, I don't think we've met yet, have we?" He said with a smile, "I'm sorry about the look before, but the last thing Master needs right now is any negativity, don't you think?"

smuchmuch
2010-07-10, 08:31 PM
Freeyra (4;0/40)

Freeyra raises an eyebrow at Michii disgusted reaction "Geez. It's just calamari .Kinda. Hardly poisonous at all." Murkfoot kobolds sure are choosy.

"Sho" She take a bite from her lollytacle while thinking "The mashter is a big dragon, right ? He's probably in the chenter crater, no ?" at least that'd give them a vague direction to shoot for "No idea how to go there though.

Elrosth
2010-07-10, 09:56 PM
TifTif

"Jackpot!" TifTif eats a few more, and then brings an armful back to the others.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-10, 10:36 PM
Midi nods her agreement with Namara. "I take no offense, master's self-esteem has taken a mighty blow and needs time and encouragement to recover. You have my assistance in this matter." She bows as she walks beside her fellow maid. "My name is Midi, a servant to Master Goregunath."

Emperor Ing
2010-07-11, 04:28 AM
As the others discuss future plans, TifTif shows up with am armful of mushrooms curiously.

------------------

Miichi, as she navigates the labrynth of this mighty city hemmed into the volcanic rock finds herself wandering aimlessly. The location of stairs has brought her to two levels below the main entrance, and unfortunately, there is little worth noting here outside an armory and a miniature warehouse containing multiple unique cloths. There are plenty of rooms hemmed into the stone, but almost all of them are barren and useless at their current stage.

Ultimately, there's no shortage of rooms, but no dragon.

-------------------

In order to get down from the balconey, Midi slides down the angled and smooth rock that makes up the crater until she finds herself at the bottom. Although the rock is definitely safe to touch, her kobold feet are certainly feeling warm simply by walking on it. Or it might have something to do with the master simply being there.
Bored now.
The master's mighty tail curls around so his enormous head can rest on it.

Sornas
2010-07-11, 11:03 PM

"Ah, well then, it's nice to meet you miss Midi. I am the lady Namara...do you know how many more have made it here? If we are going to gather Master's dinner, we're going to need a more diverse skillset then between the two of us, I would think..."

Namara glanced around, realizing that his entrance left him little time to grow accustomed to his surroundings, and he was now completely lost. Looking around, he tried see if he could gather any inklings of other Kobold activity that could lead him to others.

[roll0] Cunning

Hat-Trick
2010-07-11, 11:09 PM
"I know of another," Midi answers. "I surmise about six or seven have made it, although that is hardly credible. I have found a kitchen, in poor repair mind you, but a kitchen no less. This way." She leads her fellow maid back to the kitchen, although she'd need to find an alternate route than climbing back up to the ledge.

[roll0] cunning to find the kitchen again

Emperor Ing
2010-07-12, 06:14 AM
Although the smooth igneous rock along the side adds difficulty, Midi is able to make it up to the balcony and assist Namara once (s)he realizes (s)he needs to not be in the crater in order to track everybody else down, which (s)he does.

Not long after they get out of the crater, they run into Miichi, who may seem quite lost.

Elrosth
2010-07-12, 06:58 AM
TifTif

TifTif returns, to find Miichi gone. "Where did the catbold get off to?"

Toric
2010-07-12, 08:36 AM
Miichi 13/20 2

The catbold literally bumps into Namara as the three of them round the same corner. She backs up and rubs a paw across her nose. "Good, more of the clan. There's two others near the kitchen last I looked. ....Do you know what that earthquake was? I was just thinking if it was an eruption we should start running."

Sornas
2010-07-12, 07:31 PM
Namara 11/20 Favor: 6

Stumbling from the bump, Namara flailed awkwardly for a moment before barely managing to catch himself on a nearby rock jutting from the wall. It was likely clear to everyone else that this particular Kobold was far from graceful. "Ah! Hello there...Yes, that was the Master, he is, understandably, very upset right now..." Namara sounded slightly wistful, as if that fact was deeply depressing to him as well, before snapping to his senses, smoothing his skirt from the previous ungraceful display. "Er, yes. So, we are going to raise his spirits by getting him the population of a nearby human settlement for dinner!" He smiled, "We need to gather up whoever we can though. Are you willing to lead the way to this kitchen? We'll also need to get it up and running to prepare the Master's meal."

Namara motioned towards Midi, then himself, "By the way, this is Miss Midi, and I am the lady Namara."

smuchmuch
2010-07-14, 03:38 AM
Freeyra

(Was actualy more or less tagging Michii in case that wasn't clear (I mean she was the one she was talking to in the last post..).
Though of course she may very well have manage to lost herself along the way, per lack of attention. Somme archeoligical treasure may have caught her eye.)

Emperor Ing
2010-07-14, 05:59 AM
The four (if Freeyra was following Miichi) are at a four-way intersection on a level 2 stories below the entrance they used to come in. To go back Namara's and Midi's way leads to the balconey overlooking the crater and Gorengunath, to go back Miichi and Freeyra's way may lead back up to the rest of the maids.

Elrosth
2010-07-15, 08:30 AM
TifTif

TifTif continues munching on her armful of mushrooms.

Toric
2010-07-15, 04:57 PM
((Sure, let's say Freeyra was taggiing along.))

Miichi 13/20 2

"Midi. Namara. Okay. So this really is the right volcano this time. And we already know what lairwarming present to get the master, one that won't cost us a mountain of coins we don't have. That's... convenient." Miichi turns around and brushes past her kobold friend, which sparks something in her mind. "Oh." she says, without turning to face the other two. "This is Freeyra, by the way."

((Miichi will just retrace her steps to get back to the kitchen. Would a roll be required in this case?))

Emperor Ing
2010-07-16, 06:56 AM
((Yes, but the DC is pretty easy. ))

Toric
2010-07-16, 04:36 PM
((Very well then. Let's try...))

[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-07-16, 04:49 PM
((:eek:))

Miichi finds herself lost 1 level above her previous one (1 level below the main entrance.)

Emperor Ing
2010-07-18, 01:47 PM
Where is everybody?

Toric
2010-07-18, 02:44 PM
((I've been waiting for somebody else to point out thatmy character has no idea where she's going. I'll think of a different way to take things later today.))

smuchmuch
2010-07-18, 03:18 PM
Freeyra

"Er.... I'm not saying I personaly mind the walk" After all she did want to explore. Freyra takes a look around "Very nice architecture in these lower level here. But... I'm prety sure we haven't passed these hallmarks before. I think the dirrection to the kitchen was" she thinks for afew second before pointing in the direction wich leads (hopefully) to the entrance halls "around here. I think.... I hope"

Cunning. To vaguely recollect in wich dirrection they were supposed to be going (keepibng in mind the luck of 0) [roll0]

Hat-Trick
2010-07-18, 04:28 PM
"I agree, we are not going the right direction for the kitchen," Midi adds. Her scorpion had went off somewhere, maybe in the right direction some time ago. She did not feel embarrassment at its obvious deduction skills as she was aware of its advanced intelligence for its kind, but she was feeling agitation at its absence.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-18, 06:56 PM
Freeyra finds herself lost....again. But it's not completely fruitless because in her wanderings, she finds...
[roll0]
A derelict chapel hemmed into the stone. Normally this wouldn't be that exiting if it were not for the gold and silver ornamentation strewn around the sides of the pews as well as on the altar, all just sitting there, waiting for some dragon somewhere to add it to their hoard. As with everything else in this city, it is quite dusty, however it seems simple enough to dust off.

Sornas
2010-07-18, 07:03 PM
((I've been waiting for somebody else to point out thatmy character has no idea where she's going. I'll think of a different way to take things later today.))

((Sorry, I was waiting for your post IC about the result of the roll XD Sorry about the mixup))

Namara

Namara hummed happily to himself as he followed along behind Miichi, not terribly aware of of the fact that they were lost. After all, he had no frame of reference in this place, and he was too lost in his own mind trying to figure out the best way to capture the humans.

"Oh? We're not?" He blinked, suddenly snapping to his senses, "Who builds a place this complicated, anyway...?" He sighed, having not the faintest clue as to the direction to go.

---

Upon seeing the Chapel, Namara visibly perked up, looking over at Midi. "See?!? What did I tell you! There must be loads of treasure here for Master's horde! This will be just the thing to perk him up along with dinner!" He gleefully made his way towards the chapel, poking his head inside to see what else there was to see.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-18, 08:09 PM
"Hmm," is all Midi lets out as she wasn't really concentrating. She was still thinking about her scorpion and doesn't much care about the gold. She half-heartedly looks around, following Namara as her fellow maid explores.

smuchmuch
2010-07-19, 06:41 AM
Freeyra

"Yeah I'm sure it'll make a fine tribute for later." Freeyra in't too exited about the treasure, she isn't that much of a material person, if anything it's making her a little nervous (although she does her best not to show it) because of all the silver. While carefully avoididng touching the decorations, she takes a look around at the rst of the ornementaion and the altar"Wonder what kind of religion they had".

Emperor Ing
2010-07-19, 10:28 AM
A Will check will help you determine what specific diety they worshipped.

There is plenty of ornamentation in the form of golden insignias on pews and the walls. Along the altar are multiple golden cups, vases, carafes, and other forms of pottery decorated with silver linings. It is worth noting however, that this pottery is strewn on and around the altar. Like someone wanted to take them with him, but had to drop them.

Cyborg Mage
2010-07-19, 01:45 PM
Daliel (0/20 2)

Daliel suddenly regains conciousness. She's lying on a cold stone floor, drooling. Her "conditioning" had fully broken down earlier, and since then she has had no memory of who she really is. Her childhood, days as an adventurer, time with the secret society and as a maid-all gone. All she remembers are her skills, impulses and her personality, and even then it's not perfect.

Her vision is blurry and her hearing is dull and muffled. She's dizzy, has no idea where she is and has no control of her limbs. They either spasm weakly or lie limp. She tries to focus on what's around her, trying to figure out where in Tiamat's name she is.

Will save, 3d6
The dice roller WILL NOT WORK so i'm gonna have to do it in real life. Anyway, I got 12
Also, all the 2nd paragraph handicaps are temporary. Just trying to get a feeling of "Woah, what happened last night?" in there. Also, she's been a maid for some time, so people will remember her, but she won't remember them. RP opportunities abound.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-19, 03:46 PM
((Dice roller works only when it has a new line to work in. In other words, press the Enter button before using the dice roller.
This roll is for an example only
[roll0] ))
Daliel weakly wakes up in an unfamiliar room. It looks like it was strewn out of the rock of a mountain. She finds herself lying on some sort of bed in what looks like a barracks or just a bedroom for a lot of people. Either way it's pretty featureless aside from being very dusty and the only way out appears to be an open door that leads to a set of stairs that lead down.

She doesn't know how, when, where, or why, all she knows is that she's there.

smuchmuch
2010-07-19, 06:25 PM
Freeyra.

While the other are deciding what to do, she is learning a lot about dwarf religion by trying to trying to decypher the inscription around the room and the glyphs on the altar.
"It looks like a tiny stylized man.. hopping on one leg... but what is he doing with that duck ? It look like h.... oh these dwarves were sick sick bastards."

Somme more fascinating but probaly completly irrelevant to the game archeoligical studies later... Will [roll0]

"So anyway, I guess we should move out ? Anyone remembers wich direction is the damn kitchen ?"

Emperor Ing
2010-07-19, 09:27 PM
Unfortunately the insignias and symbols are meaningless to Freeyra.

Toric
2010-07-19, 10:36 PM
Miichi

"Okay, don't worry, I think I know where we are now.. We'll go.... that way!" Miichi boldly states as she begins walking in a completely random direction, rather desparately attempting to recover from her previous blunder.

[roll0]

Sornas
2010-07-19, 11:02 PM
Namara

Namara tilted his head at the pottery. "Huh...well, I guess you're right. The first priority should be getting Master his dinner, then we can get this ready as a surprise afterward..." He looked over the cups, wiping a bit of dust of one, looking slightly disgusted. "Is anyone else slightly concerned by the fact that it looks like whoever left here was running?" He glanced around, looking for other hints of what may have happened, before scurrying off after Miichi.

[roll0] Cunning, looking for signs of a struggle, or anything else that may hint at what the occupants were running from.

Hat-Trick
2010-07-20, 10:33 AM
"I don't believe we'll have that problem," Midi answers Namara. "We are capable, strong of will, and reptilian. Overly superior to dwarf-stock by a fair margin."

She was talking again, most likely due to the fact that her scorpion had found it's way back to her and she was at ease now, or as far at ease as she'll let herself be. Sometimes she could pass as a paladin of tyranny.

Cyborg Mage
2010-07-20, 12:16 PM
Dialel (0/20 2)

Dialel murmers something to herself, but it comes out an incomprehensible slurring noise. She tries to force herself onto her feet and over to the door.

Will roll:
3d6 DAMMIT!

Emperor Ing
2010-07-20, 04:36 PM
Dialel goes down the stairs around to see the butchered and slaughtered remains of multiple tentacle creatures. Any maids in or near the kitchen may notice Dialel. Whether or not they remember her personally is up to their players.

Cyborg Mage
2010-07-21, 12:03 PM
Dialel (0/20 2)

Dialel goes to investigate the tentacle creatures, checking for possible weak points and blind spots.

(Cunning, mabye?)
[roll0]

Emperor Ing
2010-07-21, 02:27 PM
They look humanoid enough, it seems that conventional weapons do harm them and they have the same vulnerabilities a dirty human would.

Elrosth
2010-07-21, 02:30 PM
TifTif

Hearing a shuffling creature approaching, TifTif presses herself against the wall, and then lunges around the corner pelting the assailant with mushrooms.

"Oh! Oh. Hey..." TifTif pauses, and then offers one of her projectles. "Mushroom?"

smuchmuch
2010-07-21, 09:20 PM
Freeyra (4, 0/40)

As they move back in the right dirrections, Freeyra recognize sommo the buildings, they went past by realier, Freeyra tears a few bands from the bottom of her dress dress and ties them at occasion to obstacles, as landmarks. "There. Temporary mesure but that should make finding our way less of a pain in the future"

Cyborg Mage
2010-07-22, 05:28 AM
Dialel (0/20 2)

Dialel looks over to TifTif, then nods and takes one of the mushrooms. She takes a bite, trying to figure out if her sense of taste still works.

Emperor Ing
2010-07-22, 05:33 AM
Miichi is able to lead the group to a set of stairs that lead upward and into the hallway filled with the remains of the defeated tentacle monsters and by extension the kitchen and the main entrance which is in viewing range. However in this main hallway is where they'll see TifTif throwing mushrooms at another maid, one with a uniform you may or may not have seen before, but she definitely wasn't in the main group.

And Namara can't tell what it is the looter(?) was running from in such a hurry.

Sornas
2010-07-22, 07:21 PM
Namara

Namara looked around the hallway in shock, his jaw hanging open slightly as he struggled to find words to question what had happened here. "I...uh...why are there a bunch of dead...creatures...laying in the hallway...?"

Shaking his head as if to clear it, Namara regained his composure. "Alright then. Well, whatever happened here, at least we found the kitchen. Let's get this cleaned up, and then we can start in there, sound alright?" He didn't wait for an answer, instead going to start dragging one of the creatures towards the kitchen, "We can't let things start rotting in Master's new home, can we?" he said with a grin. "I hope these things are edible..."