PDA

View Full Version : A Band of Adventurers [4.0]

quiet1mi
2010-05-29, 01:08 PM
My friend challenge me to play a character with a theme and he started with Barbarian Bard... Shortly there after, I infected the rest of the group with the idea that an all Bard/X party would be awesome...

So far we have:
Bardbarian
Baranger

What else meshes well with bard and would also be flavorful?
What feats would make a Bardbarian Work well?
(all books allowed, no dragon magazine.)

Evard
2010-05-29, 05:27 PM
bardorcer or bardizard heck just about any class would mesh well with bard :P

Saintjebus
2010-05-29, 05:32 PM
So when your friend says "character with a theme", he means "character with a theme song"?

Badum Pssh. I couldn't help myself. Hey look a pretty butterfly. *wanders out of thread*

Optimystik
2010-05-29, 06:47 PM
So when your friend says "character with a theme", he means "character with a theme song"?

Badum Pssh. I couldn't help myself. Hey look a pretty butterfly. *wanders out of thread*

Actually, thats the way I read it too.

How about Bardlock?

CarpeGuitarrem
2010-05-29, 07:00 PM
Bardmage would be interesting...

Mando Knight
2010-05-29, 07:00 PM
You need a semi-Defender. Bardadin should work.

Aron Times
2010-05-29, 07:12 PM
Does each character's main class have to be bard? Characters who take Bardic Dilettante count as bards for the purposes of feat, paragon path, and epic destiny prerequisites. Bardic Dilettante is a decent feat for anyone with good Charisma who is looking for an extra skill. Note that Perception, one of the best skills in the game, is part of the bard's skill list.

If you're interested in hybrid classes, try a bard|psion or a bard|wizard. The former has awesome mind control powers while the latter has awesome dailies.