PDA

View Full Version : Extended Persisted Spell

EdroGrimshell
2010-05-29, 05:49 PM
Persistant spell extends a spells duration to 24-hours, extend spell doubles the duration of a spell, would applying both effectively make a spell last for two days straight before you have to cast it again? And if so would you allow it?

Jack_Simth
2010-05-29, 06:08 PM
Persistant spell extends a spells duration to 24-hours, extend spell doubles the duration of a spell, would applying both effectively make a spell last for two days straight before you have to cast it again? And if so would you allow it?
Well, an Extended(Persistent Spell(Detect Magic)), by RAW, yes, would last two days (although a Persistent Spell (Extend Spell(Detect Magic)) would only last one day). And be a 7th level spell. If you're paying the full cost of the spell slot, there's no particular reason not to permit it. Especially given dispels.

Rin_Hunter
2010-05-29, 06:10 PM
Yay for stacking metamagics~ Where's that city then?

I'd allow it~

KillianHawkeye
2010-05-29, 06:13 PM
It doesn't work. Extend Spell doubles the normal duration of a spell.

An extended spell lasts twice as long as normal.

Mewtarthio
2010-05-29, 06:21 PM
Yeah, and persisted spells "normally" last twenty-four hours. :smallwink:

Rin_Hunter
2010-05-29, 06:23 PM
It doesn't work. Extend Spell doubles the normal duration of a spell.

I took that to mean that it doubled the duration, so making a Persistant spell and then Extending it would work... Hm... I dunno.

According to a feat index pdf that I have Persistant Spell makes the duration 24 hours and then Extend Spell doubles the duration as it mentions nothing of normal duration in the Extend spell bit.

Ernir
2010-05-29, 06:23 PM
With the specific exception of Empower + Maximize, I'm pretty sure you can apply metamagic in whatever order you please, and adjust the results accordingly.

KillianHawkeye
2010-05-29, 08:43 PM
Yeah, and persisted spells "normally" last twenty-four hours. :smallwink:

24 hours isn't the spell's normal duration.

Runestar
2010-05-29, 08:43 PM
Yay to buffing yourself, then resting to recover all your slots before adventuring. :smallbiggrin:

But +7...that sorely limits the amount of buffs...

Boci
2010-05-29, 08:44 PM
24 hours isn't the spell's normal duration.

True, but it is the normal duration of the persisted X spell, which is what you are applying exstend to.