PDA

View Full Version : Exalted question (Infernals)

nolispe
2010-05-30, 02:02 AM
Right, so here is the problem. As it stands, in my RL exalted group, I am playing a god-blooded. However, a friend has recently got the infernals book, and, needless to day, they look AWESOME, as well as fufilling my fluff far better han my current character. However. I switched to a god-blooded earlier because I seemed to totally outclass the rest of the circle (Solars) when I has playing one of them, and so I fear the switch to infernal might put me back in the outclass area again. Does the playground have any suggestions for weakening characters to keep them at the same power level?

Yuki Akuma
2010-05-30, 04:55 AM
Become an Akuma. You'll still be less powerful than the Solars (nominally), and you'll have all that wonderful Infernal fluff.

Draxar
2010-05-30, 05:50 AM
Infernals have more visible and human power than Solars, but overall, are probably somewhat less actually powerful. The certainly have worse Perfect Defences. And if your group is a bunch of good guy Solars, not working for the Yozi then playing an infernal will require sufficient tightrope walking to reduce the power of it.

Akuma could work, possibly an Akuma terrestrial exalted. But you do even more run into the problem of how what you and your group wants to do meshes with what your Yozi wants to do – a Green Sun Prince can run away from his master fairly early on, and while he'll earn Torment for going against his Urge, he can bleed that off with Acts of Villainy, even if those acts are against other Infernals or Yozi-agents. Wheras an Akuma will find it much harder to get around his more specific Urge, especially with no Motivation of his own to guide him. Also, given the large amount of extra XP/Freebies that akuma get, along with Solar level charms and Solar level sorcery, they can be fairly powerful.

I'd suggest you'd be better off with a plain Tettrestrial, Lunar, Sidereal or Alchemical than an Infernal, and better with an Infernal than with an Akuma.

horngeek
2010-05-30, 06:20 AM
Don't go Infernal if you're worried about overpowering everyone else.

I'd say go Lunar, myself. Possibly because I love Lunars.

Draxar
2010-05-30, 07:37 AM
Don't go Infernal if you're worried about overpowering everyone else.

I'd say go Lunar, myself. Possibly because I love Lunars.

Lunars are very good for playing something less powerful than a Solar, yet not so far behind as to be unworkable, and which can in-setting reasonably wander around with a Solar without this being unusual or problematic. I've played a Lunar in a group where the rest were solars, and I was the only one, apart from the ST, who knew Exalted. It worked quite well.