PDA

View Full Version : Some simple questions on Werewolfs [nWoD/WTF]

Ichneumon
2010-05-30, 02:27 AM
I'm new to the game and I have some very simple basic questions that I just can't find an answer to.

1. Werewolves age normally for humans right and aren't immortal? I am assuming so, but because they are "half-spirit", I'm not sure.

2. When shifting from human form into another form, what happens to your clothes? I'm assuming they don't "shift with you", like in D&D, but that you actually are naked or tear the clothes apart, but because I can't find anything on this, I am not sure...

3. As I understand from the settings, Vampires live mostly new lives, they donīt continue their old lives, exceptions might be very young vampires, but in general it seems the case they lose all ties to their former lives. What is the case with the Uratha? How much do they have to start a new life and secret identity?

Lost Wanderer
2010-05-30, 04:06 AM
While I'm no nWoD expert, here's my take:

1. They are not immortal, but they are superhumanly healthy and can regenerate injury at an extraordinary rate. I don't know if WW has made an official ruling on Forsaken, but back in Apocalypse, Garou physically aged about half as fast as normal humans because of that supernatural health and healing. After their First Change and getting the ability to heal like that, of course. I can't think of a reason why Uratha would be much different.

2. Pretty sure it works just like WtA; you need a ritualist to perform a ritual on the clothes to all them to shift with you, subsuming into your spiritual body when you're not in a humanoid form. Otherwise, you bust out of them/they fall off around you. Best make sure your Dedicated outfit is something you can fight in.

3. That's because Kindred are dead, don't age and explode in sunlight; they can't keep their old lives up. Uratha, on the other hand, don't appear to have changed at all. Most try to live more in tune with their wolf spirit nature, and don't operate on the same set of assumptions of behavior as their old human friends (Harmony vs. Morality) but nothing is stopping them from keeping their human ties. Besides the time investment of pack stuff and being in the spiritual boarder guard. Heck, "being on good terms with humans" is part of the Iron Masters' shtick.

Draxar
2010-05-30, 05:56 AM
I don't know if WW has made an official ruling on Forsaken, but back in Apocalypse, Garou physically aged about half as fast as normal humans because of that supernatural health and healing.

Where exactly did it say that? The only stuff I'm aware of on that is the fact that they start suffering ageing effects from 70 onwards. Which is better than humans, sure, but isn't exactly 'half as fast aging' as that would depend heavily on when your first change was.