PDA

View Full Version : [Town] Dancing Fox Inn LXII: Do foxes really dance?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viera Champion
2010-05-30, 11:36 AM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/celtois/DFIT3.png

((Banner by Celtois))

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn. (Except for anyone whose name begins with an L.)

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
White Text is back! Mocking your memes!
If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants
Comment on the previous thread's white text.
Map:
There is no map. The Inn has as much space as is needed, as many tables as is needed, as many rooms as needed (Upstairs), as many corners as needed, and so on.
There is, however, a description:
WOO! Descriptions!
Description:
The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.
However, the floors have been . . . completely changed.
They were rough hewn logs. They are now laminated hardwood. All of the broken, dirty glasses and silverware have been removed, and replaced with better, more functional (And clean) ones. The kitchen is, by far, the best room in the inn. Sparklingly clean, the best equipment out there, and so on. The entire inn has been renovated. It is now made of better wood, and is much cleaner. It's not the prettiest building in the town, but it's functional. Which is what counts.
Also, any damage done to the inn will fix itself by the next day. So don't worry.

Disclaimer: The only thing changing about the inn is the size. So it will allow anyone in. And will supply as many corners as needed. Nothing else is changing. And it never does change. It just . . . you watch it, it . . seems to stay the same, but you know it changes, but . . . it doesn't, but . . .. (Think about it, and your head (or whatever contains your central nervous system) will explode. This is quite an endevour to clean, so please refrain from such an action)

Tomato
Current Staff:
Nerick- Barkeep and Manager
???- Barboy (Apply within)
Gabriella - Barmaid
Julie - Waiter
Jessica - Cook
Psudonym - Bard
(If the person with the job, such as the barboy, if that person does not come around for a month (Or so), they lose the job. Not to be mean, but to clear up the space, so that someone else who might want it can have it.)
NOW HIRING: A Waiter / Waitresses, Barboy.
If you're none of these but think you can help, ask about a job, ask Nerick, IC.
((Also if you have a Banner idea, please, PM it to... dunno, Quinsar or Celtois.))
Ringringringring

NPC's:
Name: Naim Elless.
Race: Human.
Description: Completely average height, weight, and so on.
He's the bartender when Nerick isn't around.

Banana phone!
THE MENU:
Be sure to keep an eye out for our DAILY SPECIALS!
Wines*:
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with hits of oak and black cherry.
Elven Wine – imported straight from Elven lands unless the cart turned
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.

Bar Drinks*:
Swampwater - A delicious lemon-lime delight but a tad . . . swampy
Shocker Lizard’s Chider – Sends a shock through your body, bound to wake you up electro-zaps!
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice. PINEAPPLE!!
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps. *sneak sneak sneak*
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie drink and your sword explodes.
Coffee - buzzzzz. You'll never sleep again!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down. . . .
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you... (Doesn't actually make your liver explode) Actually, say we didn't warn you. And sue. :P
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures, like Kurvis. Silly Kurvy.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liqueur, excellent over ice. And while you're asleep, she'll loot your body
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon. Or Bigby's Crushing Tactical Nuke.
Manticore Martini – a regular Martini but stirred with a spike from a Manticore tail, giving it an exotic taste.
Melon Juice – relaxes the mind - Now available without alcohol!
Green Tea - with a hint of sugar Coffee? Tea? Monster?
Beholder's Earl Grey - It's a tea named after everyone's favorite abberation. Need I say more? Yes, actually. What's in it?
Root Beer – For those who have a weak stomach
Cold Milk – For the kids
Burning Brandy- To keep the Archbishop happy.
Apple Cider - Non-alcoholic, fruity goodness!

Beers, Ales & Such*: Beer beer beer jiddily beer beer beer!
Thunder Ale - puts a boom in your tummy Then your tummy explodes!
Grim Brewery brand Ginger Ale - deathly good Hmm . . . lawsuit, anyone? If it does kill, than it's murder, but if it doesn't, than it's false advertising.
Dwarven Brandy - comes from dwarven lands
Pirate's Drink (Rum) - Be drunk while saying "Yarrr!" Garr! Arr! Marr! Blarg!
Guilders Ale - a tasty treat that doesn't mess with your mind Or does it?
Rouges Rum - Warning: You may pickpocket while drunk No 'may' about it.
Fairy Ale - You'll think you can fly Really should upgrade this to Red Bull, as that does give you wings.

Fizzy Drinks: (courtesy of Leigh and Mee. Thanks!) Yes, yes we are.
Blueberry buzz - Spyte soda, with blueberries, and blueberry syrup in it.
Banana beer - Root beer, banana slices, whipped cream on the top, and a cherry on that. Or cake.
Leigh special - A warm coffee (Bubbly, of course...with your choice of a hazelnut or chocolate flavor), with a swirl of peppermint, a stick of cocoa, and optional sprinkles and whipped cream. OR ELSE!
Triple threat - Root beer and coffee swirled together, with a lemon wedge jammed on the rim. But not willingly
K's special - Carbonated water, mixed with cream, pineapple flavoring, coconut sprinkled on top, then a few strawberries dropped into it. Very good. Nope. *cries*
Ice cream float - Your choice of flavors.
The cute drink - Just like K's special, but it has some fruit on the top. A lime slice as a smile, and two cherries as eyes. It's cute. It also comes with a little umbrella. Arrr.
Spryte - the regular, boring drink.

Food:
Peanuts Nu uh. What are we arguing about?
Chips & Dip and salsa! Not since I have my LAZOR VIZUN!!!
Curry - Chicken, beef, pork, or seafood Msorry, I like curry.
Cured Ham Steak Correct you are. 5 extra awesome points to you.
BBQ Hydra Heads *gags*
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta) No no, springs, like, trampolines.
Pork Chops Hmmm . . . 'And he's watchin' us all with the poooooork! Of the chop!' doesn't quite fit . . .
Mutton Chops Judo chop?
Golden Apple No no no, will cause wars
Fish (Cod, Eel, Trout, Salmon) – Served with a lemon wedge or lime.
Fresh Bread And me.
Fine Aged Cheddar >:p
Fava Beans An those pork chops
Birdseed for all those avians out there.
Berries - all kinds, blue, black, straw purple, mauve, hamster.
Roasted Quail - kinda like a small turkey but not. See?
And anything else you may want. Just ask.

Dessert:
Muffins Sadly not.
Brownies Selling cookies . . . mutter mutter.
Slice of cake (Chocolate, cheese, whatever...) Yes it is. You need to play Portal.
Milkshake If I could actually eat it . . .
Cookies For Dallas You mean Pony.
Pie (Pick a flavor) Turquoise radish.

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems So they say.
Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5113391&postcount=1400) and DFI '09 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592826&postcount=1146)
The Ballad of the Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4780487&postcount=714)
We Dream of a Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561030&postcount=61)

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i6nrlz.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/beansseal.png
Now, compare THAT menu with this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78455) menu. Much more awesomer, huh?
You don't see that . . . . . . . . . ./\ by the way.

Recaiden
2010-05-30, 11:49 AM
Riace deadtimes then. He'll figure it out eventually, how hard can magic be?

Chas the mage
2010-05-30, 11:59 AM
Richard is sitting, working on papers. lots of papers.
Chas is tuning a guitar.
the soldiers are here, unaware of Richard's presence.

Beans
2010-05-30, 08:36 PM
Vo is getting ready for her family's move from the Inn to elsewhere.

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 06:47 PM
Tears is here,she looks ill.

Beans
2010-06-01, 06:48 PM
Vo goes to examine her.
Aw, honey, you don't look so good.

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I feel really tired, and cold...

Beans
2010-06-01, 06:51 PM
She gives her a huggle.
Let's get you to bed, okay?

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 06:51 PM
I'm not tired.

Beans
2010-06-01, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I feel really tired, and cold...
You just said you were tired, silly.
Trust me, you'll feel better if you at least lie down.

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 06:54 PM
Oh,m then I guess I am...
But I don't wanna sleep in the morning.

Beans
2010-06-01, 06:55 PM
I can wake you up in the morning, okay?

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 06:56 PM
It is th emorning, silly mommy...

Beans
2010-06-01, 06:59 PM
... Well, I don't sleep, so my internal clock might be off...
It's evening here.
Look... you'll feel better, morning or not, okay?

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 07:00 PM
It's probavbly evening there to,she's kinda off...
She nods.

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 07:01 PM
A young woman with long blond hair enters the DFI. She is wearing a short white dress. She is not wearing any shoes. She sits down and gets an apple cider.

Beans
2010-06-01, 07:05 PM
It's probavbly evening there to,she's kinda off...
She nods.
Vo tries to lead her up le stairs.

The blondie may see Dr. Daisy Hook. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8394212&postcount=545)

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 07:06 PM
She is lead upstairs.

Beans
2010-06-01, 07:08 PM
Once [Upstairs], she'll try to put her daughter to bed.

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 07:11 PM
Downstairs

The woman looks at Dr. Hook, but doesn't say anything. She looks kind of... weird to the woman.

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 08:30 PM
Back.
She is put in bed and sniffles.

Beans
2010-06-01, 08:31 PM
Dr. Hook waves.
---
Vo strokes Tears's head.

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 08:33 PM
She frowns, and sleeps.
Tease walks in, smiling very happily.

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 08:35 PM
The woman smiles and goes to sit next to her, cider and all.

"Howdy." She says nervously.

Beans
2010-06-01, 08:39 PM
She frowns, and sleeps.
Tease walks in, smiling very happily.
Vo smiles.
---
Hey there. What's your name? I'm Daisy.

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 08:40 PM
Hey mom! What's wrong with sis?

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 08:44 PM
"It's Ever- Just Eve. Eve is good." She says, stopping herself mid-name. She seems embarrassed. "What brings you here?"

Beans
2010-06-01, 08:46 PM
Hey mom! What's wrong with sis?

She's not feeling well, honey.
---
Eh, not that much, really. Science and the possibility of an old classmate of mine having a Batman-themed wedding.

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 08:47 PM
Oh...
Know why...?

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 08:48 PM
Eh, not that much, really. Science and the possibility of an old classmate of mine having a Batman-themed wedding.

"... Batman? Who's he?" Oh dear. "He sounds like one of them superthingymawhatzits."

Beans
2010-06-01, 08:49 PM
"... Batman? Who's he?" Oh dear. "He sounds like one of them superthingymawhatzits."
Fictional character, detective/martial artist/dude dressed as a bat.
---
She said she was tired and cold... not sure why...

Quinsar
2010-06-01, 08:51 PM
W_eird... Cause I feel great!

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 08:54 PM
Fictional character, detective/martial artist/dude dressed as a bat.

"Ah, well, must be one obscure fellow." Eve says, taking a sip from her drink. "So everyone at the wedding is going to be a bat?"

Beans
2010-06-01, 08:56 PM
"Ah, well, must be one obscure fellow." Eve says, taking a sip from her drink. "So everyone at the wedding is going to be a bat?"
From what I hear, people are dressing up as characters from the graphic novel series this Batman guy's in...
---
Odd...

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 08:59 PM
"That sounds interesting." Eve says, saying the word "interesting" in the same way as one would say "I have to get the hell out of here before the rabid weasels devour me alive."

"So... You're a scientist." Eve says, trying to change the subject.

Beans
2010-06-01, 09:06 PM
Of the mad persuasion, yes.

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 09:08 PM
"You seem pretty calm to me." Eve says. "Any reason they call you mad?"

Beans
2010-06-01, 09:09 PM
"You seem pretty calm to me." Eve says. "Any reason they call you mad?"

Mad is a general term. We're mostly eccentric...

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 09:11 PM
"We? Who's we?" May asks. "Is it some sort of exclusive club?"

Beans
2010-06-01, 09:14 PM
"We? Who's we?" May asks. "Is it some sort of exclusive club?"

Not exclusive, no.
It's sort of a subculture community thingy.

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 09:17 PM
"Huh. Interesting." There's that interesting word again. She then puts her foot on the table and begins painting her toenails a pleasant pink.

Beans
2010-06-01, 09:21 PM
Daisy watches the toe-painting intermittently and with mild interest.

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 09:22 PM
"So does mad science pay well?" Eve asks as she switches feet.

Beans
2010-06-01, 09:26 PM
Usually. Le shrug. It's fun.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-06-02, 09:42 PM
Zel walks into the Inn. She takes a seat at the bar and orders a drink. She seems down about something.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-03, 11:33 PM
Two men walk into the DFI, discussing something about birds.

One of them, a vampire who is wearing a white T-shirt and dark levis, is holding a rose in his left hand which swiflty wilts as he walks.

The other, very much a human, is wearing a leather jacket and tall brown boots that go "Clank Clank" as he walks.

They sit down at a table, next to each other. ((If anyone who is online right now and will be for a while longer wants to hunt a vampire, here's your chance!))

Chas the mage
2010-06-03, 11:36 PM
Richard eyes the creature but has given up violence.
The soldiers are drinking and don't notice.
Chas sees them and watches, but not in a hostile manner.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-03, 11:43 PM
The vampire with four pointed teeth, two on top and two on bottom, drops the wilted rose, and it turns to dust before it hits the ground.
His leather-jacketed friend orders enough food for three people, though. Potatoes, and mystery meat.

If you would like to go vampire hunting, you'd better talk to them.

Chas the mage
2010-06-03, 11:47 PM
Chas walks over and says to the both of them "Do you mind if I sit down?"

Je dit Viola
2010-06-03, 11:51 PM
"No, we don't mind," says the man who is a human. "Go ahead." He gives a warm smile.

The vampire sizes Chas up and down, to determine if he's strong enough. "May I as your name, good sir?" he asks.

Chas the mage
2010-06-03, 11:57 PM
"Why thank you," Chas responds, returning the smile; and taking a seat that may or may not be at a 45 degree angle from both patrons, as he is not familiar with the arrangement of the table. In spite of his apparent and utter disorientation he begins to converse. "I'm Chas. So, what brings you two fellows here?" Chas inquires.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-04, 12:01 AM
A 45 degree angle would work, but it would be fairly uncomfortable with little room. A 135 degree angle would work better, methinks.

The potatoes and mystery meat is handed out between the three patrons at the table, since there was an order for three plates. As the human starts to eat, the vampire responds by saying, "We're here on a bit of a hunt. A vampire has gone feral, and we've come here to hunt her down." Feral vampires are a disgrace to all civilized vampires, you know. Unable to control themselves.

Chas the mage
2010-06-04, 12:14 AM
Chas is aware as he once was one himself -thanks to a certain Mr. Dr. Evil.

"I believe I may be of assistance to you in this..." He withdraws an over-sized pistol, and several shot gun shells.

((Alas, I must deadtime!))

Je dit Viola
2010-06-04, 12:25 AM
"Now, that is great," says him, watching the guns - after all, he's a bit of a gun person, himself.

After the prelude music, (or is it the finale of the episode music?), he takes a single bite from his mystery meat.

((Goodnight!))

Chas the mage
2010-06-04, 05:29 PM
Chas calls over a passing waiter and orders himself a scotch - a vintage, on the rocks. "So were do you suspect this vampire might be?" He asks after several minutes.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-04, 05:37 PM
The vampire, with his mouth occupied by some potatoes and some meat, nods at his companion to answer.

The human, who also happens to be a vampire hunter, says, "We have reason to believe he's on the west side of Town at the moment. We've been trying to get over there, but we have also gotten lost really easily."

Chas the mage
2010-06-04, 05:40 PM
Chas smirks slightly "Well I know my way around" he says, taking a sip of his scotch.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-04, 05:44 PM
After swallowing, "Perfect!" is shouted.

"So you wouldn't mind heading off the hunt?" he asks, as he sets down the fork and pushes his mostly-filled plate away from himself.

Chas the mage
2010-06-04, 05:48 PM
"I would be glad to" He says, walking over to his luggage pile, removing his belt, and putting his holster, and 2 sheaths on to it. in the holster he inserts his large pistol, and the sheaths contain a rapier and a large dagger.

Je dit Viola
2010-06-04, 05:56 PM
"However," says the vampire. Uh-oh. Here comes the bad news. "I won't be able to participate." Which explains why he's giving his pistol to the vampire slayer. If given a glance asking why, he responds, "Politics."

The vampire slayer, who now has a black pistol with pink hearts painted on it, and another weapon hidden behind his leather jacket, waits for Chas, before going off to that new Town thread. Which, I'll post there first, after you have Chas leave this building.

Chas the mage
2010-06-04, 06:00 PM
"Lets skip this joint" He says, making his way out the door.

Mee
2010-06-04, 06:53 PM
From outside, comes a quietish scrabbling, as a small brown and green head pops up in the window.
The head is quickly followed by a body, as the creature jumps in through the open window.
It sits on a table, looking around, curiosity obvious in it's eyes.

And now, picture time! (http://cartoonwar.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/leafeon.png)

Recaiden
2010-06-04, 07:00 PM
A robotic hand scuttles over towards the creature, walking on its fingertips.

Mee
2010-06-04, 07:02 PM
A robotic hand scuttles over towards the creature, walking on its fingertips.

The creature looks at it, and "Mew"s at it, raising a paw to swat at it like a toy.

Recaiden
2010-06-04, 07:08 PM
The hand falls over, and then flips itself back upright. A light on the 'wrist' turns from Green to Red, and it stares at the creature.

Mee
2010-06-04, 07:09 PM
The hand falls over, and then flips itself back upright. A light on the 'wrist' turns from Green to Red, and it stares at the creature.

The creature raises a paw again, while dropping into a 'play with me' stance that dogs love so much.
It looks happy.

Recaiden
2010-06-04, 07:13 PM
Oh. Dog. That's on the list of recognizable creatures.
The hand darts towards it, then back, and circles around it. Or tries to.

Mee
2010-06-04, 07:35 PM
Oh. Dog. That's on the list of recognizable creatures.
The hand darts towards it, then back, and circles around it. Or tries to.

It rotates to be facing it, wherever it circles to, paw still ready to bat at it with.
Although the first darting at it, will probably get it batted at.

Recaiden
2010-06-04, 08:46 PM
It's ready this time, and flips to the side to avoid being batted.

Mee
2010-06-04, 08:48 PM
It's ready this time, and flips to the side to avoid being batted.

Well, whenever it gets close again, it'll be swatted at.

Recaiden
2010-06-04, 09:16 PM
It tries to jump onto the animal's back to avoid this.

Mee
2010-06-04, 11:15 PM
It tries to jump onto the animal's back to avoid this.

This it can do, and in utter confusion, it just sits down, blinking.

This has never happened to it before. What should it do now?

Recaiden
2010-06-04, 11:36 PM
It should stop and be petted, as it is being.

Mee
2010-06-04, 11:42 PM
It should stop and be petted, as it is being.

And it does.
It purrs at the attention, and sorta leans into the hand a bit.

Bergett
2010-06-04, 11:43 PM
Ravik walks in breathing a heavy sigh, even though he just spent a month off in the middle of nowhere killing slave masters and traders.
But it's never enough.

He sits down with a heavy thunk, the rattling of chainmail underneath his coat.
His sword mounted to his back begins to sag down a bit, the straps that holds it there there seem to be a bit loose.

He takes out his silver dagger and fumbles with it while he waits for a drink.
The blade burning his hands and fingers whenever he touches it.

Mee
2010-06-04, 11:55 PM
Ravik walks in breathing a heavy sigh, even though he just spent a month off in the middle of nowhere killing slave masters and traders.
But it's never enough.

He sits down with a heavy thunk, the rattling of chainmail underneath his coat.
His sword mounted to his back begins to sag down a bit, the straps that holds it there there seem to be a bit loose.

He takes out his silver dagger and fumbles with it while he waits for a drink.
The blade burning his hands and fingers whenever he touches it.

The li'l critter (http://cartoonwar.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/leafeon.png) sees Ravik, stands back up, and bounces over the tables to him.
And in a mad skittering/sliding way, sits, and slides over to sitting on the bar next to Ravik.

Recaiden
2010-06-05, 12:30 AM
The robot hand does crazy spinnyflips to try to stay on the critter.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:07 PM
Tease enters quietly, straining to hold a very injured looking Ricusta.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:08 PM
Vo sees her and runs over, concerned!

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:09 PM
Hey mom...
She frowns.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:10 PM
Oh my gods! What happened?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:11 PM
He ran away and attacked somebody... She was aa mage and defended herself...

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:12 PM
He ran away and attacked somebody... She was aa mage and defended herself...

Oh... that's terrible...
She tries to get Ricusta to a table to examine his wounds.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:16 PM
Several very bad, very large electricity burns.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:18 PM
She begins gently tending to them.

((I think I've started to get mean to my characters again; poor Margaret [in short, a girl who was subjected to forced cybernetic implants and mental conditioning {i.e. mindrape} because some dudes wanted to make their own Magtok] is now in a loveless marriage and her budding engineering skills are about to be exploited.))

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:20 PM
Cool.
He whimpers.
Tease does too.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:21 PM
Shhh, it's gonna be okay...
She applies anesthetic.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:23 PM
It is applied.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:25 PM
She keeps treating him.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:26 PM
Tease watches.
He's soon fully treated.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:28 PM
She bandages him up and smiles at Tease.
There, all better. He'll have to take it easy for a while, but he'll be okay.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:30 PM
But he won't...
He's really energetic and I know he's gonna try to move...

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:31 PM
Well... I can give him some mild relaxants if I have to...
She frowns.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:33 PM
O-Okay..
She nods.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:35 PM
She tries to huggle her daughter.
C'mere...
Hey, this might cheer you up: your father and I are gonna have a Batman-themed wedding!
Batman is the best theme for anything.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:36 PM
Really?! That's awesom-
THere's an explosion from upstairs.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:38 PM
STAY DOWN HERE.
She lets go of Tease and bolts upstairs, gun drawn.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:40 PM
Smoke comes fro under Tease's and Tears' door.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:40 PM
She tries to kick the door down.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:46 PM
Tears is standing in a cloud of smoke, she kicks something under her bed.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:46 PM
Vo runs to hug her.
What the hell happened?!

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 08:53 PM
I blew up some hydrogen.

Beans
2010-06-05, 08:54 PM
Honey, please be more careful.
She sighs.
Mad science can be dangerous as hell.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry, mom.
She nervously glances at the bed, where she kicked the thing.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:02 PM
... Tears?
... Did you... put something under the bed?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:03 PM
What...?
No mom.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:05 PM
So there's no reason you wouldn't want me to look under there, then?
Tactic I will try to remember to use as a parent. If I ever am a parent.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:06 PM
No, don't look.
She steps in front of her.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:07 PM
... So there is something under there?

Honey, look, I'll understand. She looks concerned again.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:09 PM
It's a surprise, for the faamily.
I don;t want you to see yet.
She's lying, bu5t seems desperate.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:11 PM
Wouldn't have anything to do with the exploding hydrogen, would it?

Honey, I just want you to be safe...
She frowns.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:12 PM
I'm safe, I promise...
She tries to lead Vo away from the bed...

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:14 PM
Vo seems reluctant to move, eying the bed very worriedly.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:15 PM
She looks scared.
The look a kid has when he just broke a vase, or when she just flunked a test.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:17 PM
Vo looks her in the eyes, or tries to.
Tears, please tell me what's under the bed.
I won't be angry, I promise.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:17 PM
A surprise, for you dad and Tease...

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:18 PM
Vo just looks her in the eyes (or tries to) for a moment.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:19 PM
Tears looks away, looking ashamed.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:21 PM
Vo tries to gently hug her.
You can tell me.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:22 PM
She shakes he head.
You'll be mad.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:23 PM
I may not like it, but I won't be mad...

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:24 PM
She stares at her feet.
Cigarettes...

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:26 PM
Vo sighs.
I know how that is...
Is it your first time with them?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:27 PM
She shakes her heads.
Vo should probably take them.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:29 PM
Vo reaches under the bed to take the cigarettes.
How long have you used them?
She's not mad, just... quiet.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:30 PM
A week or two...?
The case is open.
Four in there.
Vo will be able to tell the substance in the cigarettes isn't tobacco...

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:34 PM
... Ah, hell.
It's pot, isn't it?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:34 PM
She frowns and nods, not looking at her mom...

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:36 PM
She pockets them for later destruction and hugs Tears.
C'mere now.
Look... I'm no stranger to Mary-Jane either... I started later than you did, but... look, this isn't the end of the world.
Are there any more of these or anything else?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:37 PM
She points at her underwear drawer.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:40 PM
She checks there too.
... Tears?
Have you been... having sex, by any chance?
She sounds just a little scared.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:43 PM
Under a layer of undies is drugs. Not just pot. Hard drugs.
Once or twice...

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:44 PM
Vo takes those too.
Did you use protection?
She hugs her daughter tightly, shaking a little.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:44 PM
I didn't have to....

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:46 PM
... What do you mean?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:46 PM
He's undead...
like you and dad.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:49 PM
... Tears... could you... stop having it, at least until you're 18? It's... it... j-just... p-please...

And I'd like to have a word with this boyfriend of yours. I promise I won't hurt him or scare him off... I just... I want you to be safe...

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:50 PM
Okay...
She frowns more. She didn't want her to meet him.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:51 PM
I... I...
I-is there anything else I need to know about?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:51 PM
My boyfriend is twenty seven...
He thinks I'm 19...

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:55 PM
How old is she anyway?
... Your boyfriend is slightly older than I am, honey.

She should meet Neiz if she hasn't already. They could mope together!
Look, I definitely need to meet him. I... this...
She can't talk words.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:56 PM
Okay...
I'll call him...
She pulls out a very exspensive cell phone, one Vo didn't buy.
She makes a call.

Beans
2010-06-05, 09:59 PM
Inside, Vo's mind is churning.
MY DAUGHTER IS SLEEPING WITH A MAN TEN YEARS OLDER THAN SHE IS. MY DAUGHTER IS TAKING HARD DRUGS.
... She needs some good influences... like Thryza's kids...

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 09:59 PM
The lights in the room goes off, and a portal opens.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:00 PM
Vo stares at the portal.
Oh, gods, is she dating a lich, or... or... oh, hell, what am I going to do?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:02 PM
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1006/d05/2150/2b61853.png
THis man steps though the portal and smiles at her.
Hello dear, and, who is this...?

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:03 PM
Vocusta M'Quaxi, formerly the Crimson Death, currently Tears's mother.
She smiles tightly.
I can tell this is going to be... different.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:05 PM
Oh?
You look young to be her mother...
Nice to meet you.
His cigar seems to be not tobacco.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:09 PM
The circumstances of her birth were... different. And I'm undead, so I don't age anyway.
... And she is sixteen years old.
That's Problem #1.
#2 would be that you're providing her with drugs.
She's not angry, just... quiet and a little cold.
A little bit unsettling.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:11 PM
ASixteen...?
He growls. If Vo wasn't there he'd probably beat her half to death.
And she made the choice.

Chas the mage
2010-06-05, 10:16 PM
Richard sits, continuing to write many documents. he has multiple piles of paper in stacks ranging from an inch to a foot in height.
The soldiers sit, still unaware of Richard's presence.
The angst teen is angsty.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:16 PM
I'm sure she did.
However, you weren't man enough to say "no".
... Let me tell you something.

You're lucky.
In the bad old days, I would have started by removing your hands for having touched my daughter.
I would have removed other bits too.
That and more.

However, I'm not like that. I'll let you off with a warning... if you come anywhere near my daughter again, I will not hesitate to disintegrate you on the spot. If I learn that you were anywhere near her, I will hunt you down and reduce you to a stain on the ground.
Am I understood? Her voice has become icy and hard.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:18 PM
No. If i want to see her I will.
If i want to touch her I ill.
If I want to curtain her I will.
And you won't stop me.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:21 PM
You obviously don't know who you're dealing with.
She draws her revolver.
I am a sopholich. Equal parts science and black magic.
And that's just me.
My friend Chris, for his daughter's sake, wiped out an entire galaxy. His wife is just as vindictive.
And just as powerful.
That's not mentioning the fact that I have the cooperation of a lesser deity on my side.
So, no. You will not touch her.

Chas the mage
2010-06-05, 10:24 PM
Richard stops writing and looks up to whatevers going on.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:26 PM
He growl, finger crackling with electricity.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:28 PM
Tears, why don't you go find Neiz? You two can discuss pleasant things while I eradicate this scum.
Her eyes blaze green.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:29 PM
She nods and leaves to look for Neiz.

He growls and raises his hand.
My lod, let me destroy the disruption to our cause.

Chas the mage
2010-06-05, 10:33 PM
Richard continues to watch.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:34 PM
Carrion has suffered. Carrion has grieved. Carrion has died and she has risen, praise be to her name. Carrion has forgiven and Carrion has empowered. Carrion is warm, she is kind, she brings a gentle end.
Carrion stands with love and freedom, she stands in the depths of the ocean, she stands against hurt.
Carrion is with me and none can stand against me.
---
Neiz is in a corner; she waves languidly to Tears.
Hey, aren't you Vocusta's daughter?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I'm Tears.

Prepare to di-
Another presence enters the room.
A dark, evil one.
Light glows at Tear's boyfriend's wrists.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:37 PM
The air around Vo hums with a golden tone. The hum sounds golden, somehow.
---
'M Neiz.
So... 'sup?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:40 PM
I dunno...
I'm in trouble for drugs and sex and stuff...

Reddish shains appear around his wrists. He whimpers.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:41 PM
Where's your bravado now, carcass?
---
Eeesh...
She pulls out a chair for her.
My parents are off somewhere---again, as always...

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:42 PM
Oh, who are your parents...?

L-lord! What are you doing...?
Defiance...
Penalty...
Death.
He screams, as the chains wrap around his neck.

Chas the mage
2010-06-05, 10:45 PM
Richard shakes his head and returns to writing.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:45 PM
Chris and Thryza Wogal.
Your mom's friends... my dad's a mad scientist and my mom's a mercenary and ex-serial-arsonist.
... You're kinda like me, right?
An Echo?
---
Vo watches.
Justice.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:46 PM
Kinda, I guess...
I;m the manifestation of my parent's sadness.

He screams as he's hung.
A voice whispers...
Sorry...
Mom...

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:49 PM
... Er... it's alright... honey...
Thanks...
She blinks, but smiles unsurely.
---
I know how it is... hey, I'm sort of starting this group... would you maybe wanna join?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:50 PM
It sounded more male, definitely wasn't Tears.

What kinda group?

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:53 PM
She's confused, but nor is she the type to look a gift strangulation in the mouth.
---
Standing against the crap the world throws at us. Refusing to succumb.
They'll eventually become something rather more sinister...

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:54 PM
Okay, that sounds cool.

He hangs there, dead.

Beans
2010-06-05, 10:56 PM
She goes to dispose of the mess.
---
Neiz smiles.
Great.
By the way, you a Voltaire fan?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I kinda am...

The body is disposed.
It has a strange holy symbol; three spikes, or horns.

Chas the mage
2010-06-05, 10:58 PM
Richard orders himself a gin & tonic, and pulls out his pipe, sighing heavily.

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I kinda am...

The body is disposed.
It has a strange holy symbol; three spikes, or horns.
ALL GLORY TO THE TRICERATOPS!
I know what it is, but still TRICERATOPS!

Wanna listen to some with me?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:00 PM
Triceratops god!

She nods, smiling...:smallbiggrin:

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:04 PM
Neiz pulls out a music... thingy and two sets of headyphones!
Yay!

Vo disposes of the body and sighs.
She destroys the drugs, then sets about cleaning up her daughter's room.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:05 PM
It i cleaned!

She giggles and listens.

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:06 PM
Yay music.

Vo sits down in the corner and quietly cries.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:07 PM
Tease knocks on the door.

Music!

Chas the mage
2010-06-05, 11:07 PM
Richard sits, smoking and drinking, and musing all the while.

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:10 PM
Tease knocks on the door.

Music!
Vo quickly regains most of her composure.
Y-yes?
---
Neiz lieks Voltaire. She grins with her little white needle-like teeth.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:11 PM
Tease does to.
She smiles with her normal teth and blue hair.

Are you okay mom?

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:12 PM
Yeah... my eyes are just acting up and leaking more than normal, don't worry. It just happens...

When they're done, Neiz seems to realize something.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:14 PM
What?

No really, what?
Is it sister?

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:16 PM
... Y-yeah...
---
... Is it weird that I have a Voltaire poster on my ceiling?
And a Marilyn Manson poster... and a Sunn O))) poster (that's a weird frigging band name!)... and a Boxxy poster (weirdest of all, haha).

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:18 PM
Not really. Kinda cool.

What did she do?

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:19 PM
Heh, thanks.
---
Vo decides to start with one thing at a time.
... Smokes.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:21 PM
Tears giggles.

Tease sighs and goes to hug her.

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:23 PM
Vo hugs back.
---
Okay, step 2: Is it weird that I have a chick's poster on my ceiling too?
Like, right over my bed?
She is Boxxy (http://mugs1.facestat.com/facestat/e05ecdee264c14db3ecdcbe1b989d36c.jpg), you see?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:24 PM
No, I would bit sister wouldn't like it.
Anything else?

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:27 PM
Vo... condenses things a bit.
That, and the guy who was---up until recently---her boyfriend... ugh.
---
Oh, yeah, your sister and my sister hang out, don't they?
Heh, both my sisters rag on my for going to sleep under the gaze of a Boxxy poster...

Chas the mage
2010-06-05, 11:28 PM
Richard continues to silently muse.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:29 PM
Tears goggles and nods.

That's horrible... Who killed the guy...?

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:34 PM
The god he tried to call on.
---
You wanna have a sleepover some time? We could watch the Alien series and drink EAT ME DRINK MEs all night long?
Manson has an energy drink. Why? (http://www.40ouncebeer.com/pictsenergydrinks/marilynmanson.jpg)

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:35 PM
Okay!

That's weird...

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:36 PM
And fortunate.
---
Neiz grins.
When you wanna have it?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:37 PM
Tonights still the weekend.

Which god...?

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:39 PM
Sweet, let's go!
---
Dunno...
She leaves Tears's's's's room and heads for Tease's.
But... it's all fixed now...

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:40 PM
She nods and follows.

She smiles and stands.

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:43 PM
Neiz leads her to her room. Posters on the ceiling!
The bed is black and big enough for two or three with room to spare. She quickly changes into jammies (though, as it's summer, it's essentially undies) and turns on the rather large TV for Alien.
Being a former Archgoth has its benefits.
She pats the bed next to her.
---
Vo sighs.
And then her eye falls out.
Crap!

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:45 PM
Are you okay, mom?

She giggles ad sits next to her.

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:47 PM
My eye fell out... gah, is this some sort of wacky sitcom?
It rolled under a nightstand or something.
---
Neiz watches Alien with her, etc.
When it's over and they're ready to sleep, she scoots a little closer---more for companionship than anything else.
Cuddle?

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:49 PM
Tease tries to get it.

O-okay.
She smiles.

Chas the mage
2010-06-05, 11:49 PM
My characters remain downstairs.

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:51 PM
Tease tries to get it.

O-okay.
She smiles.
Neiz snuggles up to her friend and is soon asleep.
---
Vo smiels gratefully; it can be got'd.
Thanks, honey.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:53 PM
Tears doesn't sleeps, just lays there cuddling.

Tease nods and hands it back.

Beans
2010-06-05, 11:55 PM
Neiz is pretty much quiet and still as she sleepcuddles.
---
Vo pops it back in her head.

Quinsar
2010-06-05, 11:59 PM
Tease giggles and hugs her.

Tears cuddles.

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:00 AM
Neiz pulls closer, mumbling about Boxxy and how awesome dried pineapple is.
... It is.
---
Vo hugs her daughter back.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 12:02 AM
Tears quietly giggles and muzzles her friend.

I'm sweepy.

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:03 AM
Let's get you to bed, then.
---
Neiz smiles and sleeps. Awww.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 12:05 AM
Tears soon sleeps too. Aww. Tears has a fwend!
To bad Tears is obsessive and kinda creepy.

She nods.

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:08 AM
Vo helps Tease to bed, etc.
---
Later, Neiz wakes with a little yawn.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 12:10 AM
Tears is awake, smiling at her.

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:11 AM
Neiz smiles.
Hey there cuddlebuddy.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 12:13 AM
Hey, did you sleep okay?

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:14 AM
Yeah.
Didn't make any marriage proposals or death threats in my sleep, did I?

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 12:15 AM
She giggles.
No. Hey, are you afrai of snakes?

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:18 AM
Nope... Why?

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 12:26 AM
I made something cool, wanna see it?

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:26 AM
I made something cool, wanna see it?
She nodnods.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 12:29 AM
She pulls a vial from her coat, it has a green bubbly liquid. She pops off the top.

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:30 AM
What is it?

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 12:32 AM
A potion.
She drinks it. There's a
flash of light, and Tears is gone. In her place is a huge, blue, three tailed boa.

Beans
2010-06-06, 12:33 AM
... Whoa!
But I have run out of quarters to insert into my brain, so I must deadtime. Night night.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 10:33 AM
Tears is still snakey with Neiz.

Beans
2010-06-06, 10:38 AM
Neiz giggles.
((Not really here. Basement cleanup.))

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 10:57 AM
Tears flicks her tongues and tries to slither onto Neiz.

Beans
2010-06-06, 11:11 AM
She giggles and pets snakey.

Still cleaning.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 11:12 AM
She slithers up onto Neiz's shoulders.
This wasn't the desired effect, but it worksssss!
There's a giggle.

Beans
2010-06-06, 11:37 AM
Neiz giggles too.
Awesome!

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:30 PM
She hisssssssssessssss. Her three tail are scaly.

Beans
2010-06-06, 03:31 PM
She hisssssssssessssss. Her three tail are scaly.
She petpets the huge snakey.
This is so freakin' cool.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:37 PM
Snakes are so cool!
Wana go eat?

Beans
2010-06-06, 03:37 PM
Okay!
She tries to get up and dress.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:38 PM
She can!
Tears snake slithers for the door.

Beans
2010-06-06, 03:41 PM
She opens the door and heads downstairs.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:41 PM
Tears slowly slithers after.
An NPC woman screams.

Beans
2010-06-06, 03:42 PM
Don't worry, this is my friend. Chill, 'kay?

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:43 PM
The woman nods and runs off.

Beans
2010-06-06, 03:44 PM
Psh.
You wouldn't hurt anyone, would you?
She pets Tears.

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:47 PM
No, never, of course not.
She makes a sound like purring.

Beans
2010-06-06, 03:47 PM
Neiz giggles. Yay snake!

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:50 PM
Can you order me a sandwich?
A sub?

Beans
2010-06-06, 03:52 PM
Neiz orders it with whatever stuff Tears asks for; it is brought!

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:53 PM
Tears giggles, un hinges her jaw, ad swallows the sandwich whole.

Beans
2010-06-06, 03:53 PM
Whoaaaaaaa...

Quinsar
2010-06-06, 03:54 PM
That was tasty.
Mmmmmmmmmm.