PDA

View Full Version : Musings on loredrake dragonwrought

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-30, 01:57 PM
I was wondering if allowing loredrake for dragonwrought kobolds would be as OP as it is IF we put on the following thing-ies:

It is now a feat for dragonwrought kobolda
It reduces all HD by one step (as per the Sovereing archetype)
The increased Sorcerer level only counts for lost levels due prestige classing
The increases sorc level loose 1 spell known of the highest spell level you could cast

So thoughts on this one?

lvl 1 sharnian
2010-05-30, 02:51 PM
1. Seems fair
2. What is one step below d4?
3. Pretty good if you use loredrake, but atleast allow the 1 level from Greater Rite of Draconic something (from the Web Enhancement) to work normally so they can catch up to wizards.
4. Not worth it. Stalwart Sorcerer has the same penalties, but it gains 2 HP/level and a single weapon proficiency

Greenish
2010-05-30, 02:55 PM
2. What is one step below d4?http://www.gmdice.com/prodimages/41IGJMUt8+L.jpg.jpg
d3

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-30, 02:55 PM
1. Seems fair
2. What is one step below d4?
3. Pretty good if you use loredrake, but atleast allow the 1 level from Greater Rite of Draconic something (from the Web Enhancement) to work normally so they can catch up to wizards.
4. Not worth it. Stalwart Sorcerer has the same penalties, but it gains 2 HP/level and a single weapon proficiency

1:Can't comment on there but thanks.
2: I would say 1d3, but take note this applies to all HD including ones gained from prestige classes and most Gish classes have a higher HD
3: Oh yeas this "fix" applies only to loredrake
4: Maybe I mis-phrased it, I meant it to be like battle sorcerer from UA