PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Leadership-Improving Items

balistafreak
2010-05-30, 02:23 PM
Just a quick question: are there any items that improve one's Leadership score, from the feat of the same name?

I'm aware that a Cloak of Charisma works, but other than that?

Zaq
2010-05-30, 02:54 PM
I vaguely recall something from either Miniatures Handbook or Heroes of Battle that did something of the sort. Not sure what, though, but you might start looking there.

balistafreak
2010-05-30, 03:05 PM
Heroes of Battle has the Rod of Leadership which adds a +2 competence bonus to your Leadership score. It also grants a +5 bonus to rally checks once per day (not always relevant) and can interestingly make an awesome command tent once a week, although the tent only lasts one day. It's a bit pricy 25000 gold. By comparison a +4 Cloak of Charisma (same effect) is only 16000. They stack, though, so it's still worth noting.

No dice on the Miniatures Handbook, but hey, you got me something, and that's all I care about. :smallbiggrin:

Krazddndfreek
2010-05-30, 03:11 PM
In Stormwrack, the Admiral's Bicorn gives +5 to all charisma based checks (including leadership) on top of a bunch of other assorted captain-of-ship abilities. I'm not sure if all charisma based skill check improvements increase your leadership checks, but if they do you can look some up. But for this one it specifically mentions it.

Circlet of Persuasion in the DMG also gives +3 to charisma based skill checks.

Vaynor
2010-05-30, 03:14 PM
I don't think your Leadership score qualifies as a Charisma-based check.

balistafreak
2010-05-30, 03:22 PM
I don't think your Leadership score qualifies as a Charisma-based check.

That is a point of contention. The text of the Admiral's Bicorne itself says "+5 bonus on... all Charisma-based checks (including Leadership)". Hmmmm.

Are there any actual "checks" that this could possibly be referring to? I'll dig in the Stormwrack book - I have this feeling there's a sort of Leadership-based check system in there based on commanding your crew or something. I also don't think think this could apply to your Leadership score... that would be hilarious. (Then again it is 51000 gold.)