PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of House Xanitar

Asherion
2010-05-30, 02:46 PM
The Fall of House Xanitar - IC Thread

PC Roster:

Calenestel - Mazhilen (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=209830) - Cleric
Erad - Ed'Ryn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=209898) - Rogue/Fighter/Assassin
RandomAction - Velyn (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=5007) - Duskblade / Swashbuckler
Psilulz - Laulklyr (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210314) - Beguiler
Ishcumbeebeeda - Diulatch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=209761) - Wizard / Dread Necromancer
Dawnsolara - Sabisstra (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=211052) - Cloistered Cleric

Helpful Links:

Out Of Character Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8594286#post8594286)
A Surface Map of Rukan (http://www.4shared.com/document/GmIMn-sF/rukan.html)
A Map of the Underdark
Original Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152855)

The Drow city of Tel'Rondar is the strongest of them all. But the strength of a Drow city is a fickle thing. United, Tel'Rondar could withstand an impressive amount of pressure from the surface, or from other Drow or Underdark denizens. But how much would it take to unite the city? How much to coerce the backbiting Houses to stand shoulder to shoulder? Perhaps it might take their own pending demise. The rumor mill abounds - word is that Dwarven armies are gathering to perform a scourge of the Upper Layers of the Underdark - reaching to Tel'Rondar. Within the City, it is said that several Houses are speculating on the best way to, together, remove House Darzul from its seat. There are undercurrents of revolutionaries, Drow gone mad, who seem to think that the current political system is incorrect. And here, and there, a whisper, of Matron Faeyr, of House Kintarr, the Third House, and her aspirations... just whispers.

Asherion
2010-05-30, 10:40 PM
Each of you receives a message, wherever you find yourself, that reads roughly as follows: "The Matron Mother expects your presence in her chambers at midday. Do not be followed. Do not speak of it, and do not be late."

((Assuming that everyone will follow along with that, I'd like to go ahead and describe what occurs, but feel free to RP your way in, if you want to go do anything else first:))

At midday, when you approach the Matron Mother's quarters within House Kintarr, you run into several sets of guards. The outermost, outside the central building, are male, and are by no means complacent. They use a form of pike that is more ceremonial looking than anything, but you might wager on it being deadly, anyway. The second set are also male, but these are outfitted as befits a warrior of their own station. One fights with dual swords, one long and one short, and the other carries a pair of morningstars crisscrossed, at the ready - but relaxed. None of these guards contest your entry or pay you any mind.
The third and last set of guards are female. They look to be the most deadly of all, and they stand outside the doors of the Matron Mother's chambers. One looks to be a spellcaster of some sort.

Upon being admitted, you will find yourself in the Matron's outer chamber. There are a number of spindly chairs here, arranged about an obsidian table. The chairs are wrought black iron, except the one at the head of the table, which is ornately carved from the same obsidian as the table, with eight legs and a gemmed back. The entire room is slightly darker and less lit than outside, and is empty other than any (PCs) who have entered before you.

(( Please update character 'fluff'/story on your sheets if you have not. I will be reading over those to ensure I know what's going on with your PC tonight and tomorrow. I probably will not post much in game until tomorrow night, but we'll see. Please post any questions, concerns, thoughts about anything in the OOC thread or PM me. Thanks for playing, and I hope we have fun. Also, please forgive me if I lapse off of any particular drow etiquette, or anything, and chalk it up to ignorance, carelessness, or the change in setting, depending on how you want to look at it :D))

RandomAction
2010-05-31, 12:07 AM
Velyn was meditating when the messenger arrived. Looking up, he saw a dirty goblin holding a small piece of parchment in what remained of it's mutilated right hand. The smell of decay and rot filled his nostrils as he took the paper and read the contents.

You are summoned. The Matron Mother demands your presence.

Sighing loudly, Velyn uncrosses his feet and quickly stands. Glancing back to the goblin, a rare smile escapes his stone faced features. His right eye twitches as the length of chain from his weapon trips the unsuspecting creature. Bringing the weapon back into his hand, he begins to slash at the goblin. Deep inside, the hatred and pain he has been carrying for years, explodes out of his weapon as he vents his rage.
Breathing heavily, he wipes the blade somewhat clean on a piece of the goblin's shirt that had some-how escaped the carnage. Velyn kicks the body into the cold and dark water of the underground lake he was meditating beside. A ripple breaks the surface as he watches the carnivorus fish devour the remains. When the show is over, he turns and walks away to the meeting.

Ignoring the snears of hatred from the guards, Velyn continues on his way to the large double doors keeping his eyes downcast to not invite the wrath of the full-bloods. Before he can reach them, they open on thier own and he enters the chamber beyond. Looking around the room, he notices that he is the first to arrive.
This is not good., he thinks to himself.
Sighing again, Velyn walks over to a chair and stands beside it. Remembering when he was younger the lesson to not sit before any full-blood has been seated, he waits and watches the doors.

edit: all edits I make are for grammar errors.

Calenestel
2010-05-31, 12:11 AM
As she returns to the house compound Mazhilen gives the password of the day, but beyond that she does in no way acknowledge the presence of the male commoners in the first patrol. There is little contempt or disdain in her as she does so, they are merely too much below her to warrant either respect or scorn. Not at this time, at any rate.
The second pair, however, are of much higher station among the males and are given a small, a very small, nod. In the corner of her eye she watches the swordbearing soldier's appearance, his beautiful but strong features and pose and the nod might even be tinged with a slight approval.

Before reaching the last guards, however, the third daughter of house Kintarr veers of the straightest path to her mother's audience chambers and heads silently for her own quarters. She has some time on her hands and decides to change her robes before presenting herself, there is little room in her mother's heart for patience. Primarily patience with failure, of course, but also with unitdiness. Still, she does not tarry in her rooms, Matron Faeyr isn't very patient timewise either, and soon she reaches her mother's chambers. Giving the two females an respectful nod and her usual friendly smile, Mazhilen passes them and enters the chamber. And find herself alone. Well, except for the fa'la zatoast. Stopping herself from giving a start at the presence of the halfbreed she calmly walks over to a low couch, settling herself with all the grace of a drow female and noble. Velyn's presence is disconcerting, what would her mother want with one such as him? and that feeling of discomfort makes her prickly, even slightly more hostile to the unfortunate creature. Still, she keeps a cheery smile on her face and gestures for the male to take a seat without showing her contempt. Making enemies needlessly was always a bad idea, even from the ranks of slaves and halfbreeds, and this particular piece of iblith was useful, she knew that. Being nice and giving him some measure of benefit of doubt would maybe give her a useful ally. She eyes the male for just a second before speaking to him, during that short while she studies him intently and without hesitation.

"Oh, do take a seat, Velyn. The Matron Faeyr will arrive when she cares to and it wouldn't do to have any of us falling over from fatigue when she does so." Yes, any of them as in several more than the pair. She was suddenly sure that there would be more to arrive before her darling mother would deign to appear.

RandomAction
2010-05-31, 12:38 AM
Yes Mistress Mazhilen., he says before sitting down.
Seeing the look that the drow princess was giving him, a small trickle of sweat makes it's way down his back. He squirmed slightly in the seat as though a hot coal had suddenly appeared in it. Trying to sneak a glance at the priestess, Velyn's heart stops as he makes eye contact. Quickly he returns his stare to the table and curses himself for the bold move.

Psilulz
2010-05-31, 02:26 AM
He goes by his usual spot at midnight.
Of course, he is in the guise of someone else, as he almost always is... This time, he happens to be an young, male, drow commoner who has just taken his leave from the market. He quickly and quietly snatches a letter from the drop point, and continues walking, as to avoid any suspicion. When he reaches his destination a little while later, he opens it up and reads the letter inside.
*The Matron Mother demands your presence in her chambers at midday. Do not be late.*
Intruiging... I suppose I could play along...
He immediately begins preparing his guise for the meeting... And decides to go with the appearance of an older drow male this time, riddled with various scars from battles past.
Taking 20 on a disguise check which takes [roll0] x10 minutes x20
Character is hidden under a 20+17-2(35) disguise
He spends much time crafting this alter ego, working out numerous details such as making his voice sound more grizzled and battle-hardened and making sure he carries himself as a seasoned combatant. After his new persona is ready, he continues practicing a bit more, and then proceeds to House Kintarr. Before approaching the gates, and while out of sight, he casts a few spells on himself.
Casting spells Disguise Self, to improve my disguise to a 45, and Glibness using my metamagic rod to make it last longer, bringing my bluff up to a 46
After this, he then proceeds inside

Calenestel
2010-05-31, 02:41 AM
"That's a good boy. Tell me, have you heard anything of why we're summoned?" With a crooked smile the princess of House Kintarr looks to the halfdrow with more interest than before. She doesn't seem to mind that he just met her gaze. In fact, she almost seem to seek it once more.

RandomAction
2010-05-31, 07:28 AM
Nervously, Velyn looks back at the priestess. His eyes slowly move to meet hers as he stutters a reply.
No M-mistress M-mazhilen, I was ordered only to c-come. P-please forgive my ignorance in this, I am only a male.
Hoping that he has satisfied her with his answer, Velyn returns his gaze to the table. Another trickle of sweat begins to coarse down his back as the imaginary coal seems to get only hotter.
When the doors open again, he glances up to see a grizzled warrior enter the room. Paling slightly at the sight, Velyn swallows the lump in his throat and thinks to himself.
So here comes my executioner. What have I done to warrant such an audience?

Calenestel
2010-05-31, 07:51 AM
At the half-drow's fearful reply the young priestess throws back her head and laughs, high and clear. But her laughter is much more from merth than malice and when she answers his apology there's no mockery in her voice. "Relax, Velyn. I'm only teasing you. If Matron Faeyr had told anyone why we were summoned it would be me, would it not?"

As the grizzled fighter enters Mazhilen looks up. And as she doesn't recognize the male she studies him all the more intently. Obviously a warrior, who else would move like that? The scars would be seen as an indicator of weakness by the foolish, she understands that noone would live a life of fighting without gaining scars like that and as he is still alive he must be good. Really good. He may not be very handsome with all those old injuries splayed across his features, but there is strength in him, that much is certain.

RandomAction
2010-05-31, 08:03 AM
Yes Mistress., Velyn quickly adds.

His eyes never leave the warrior as he speaks. The palms of his hands start to feel damp and he slowly wipes them on his breeches. Ever so cautiously, he glances over to see the drow princess staring at the warrior as well. He returns his gaze back at the newcomer. Taking a deep breath, Velyn mentally reviews his spells.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-05-31, 12:05 PM
Diulatch had just finished his morning meditations when the messenger from his Grandmother finally managed to work its way through the many layers of security around the dormitories of the Academy. Hearing a tentative knock on his door, Diulatch rises from his bed (always cognizant that the other males only warrant a cot, And they never let me forget that the cripple somehow outranks them) and walks through his apartments (Specially made for me, of course; the cripple can't be expected to endure the same hardships of training as the others, of course.) and for a moment the his bitter resentment of his life almost incapacitates him. Opening the door for a moment he assumes it was just a prank, but then an envelope enters his field of vision. Looking down Diulatch sees one of the slaves handing him a letter. Taking the letter and closing the door without acknowledging the creature he turns and leans against the door. Opening the letter he finds his Grandmother's familiar handwriting:"I expect your presence in my chambers by midday, tomorrow. Remember, do not be followed, do not speak of it, etc. Oh, and dear do try not to be late. That would be so disappointing, and you know how well I deal with disappointment." Taking only the time to rekindle his fireplace and be sure that the message had burned completely Diulatch runs from his rooms, not even bothering to close the door. The house slaves will take care of details like that. He needed to hurry if he was to make it to his Grandmother's on time. As he flew by the guards at the entrance to the dormitories he shouted over his shoulder Inform the guards at the gate that I'm leaving, enjoying the fact that for once he had fled with enough speed to avoid having to pretend he didn't see their stares or hear them mutter "Cripple" under their breath. When he reaches the House he is exhausted and soaked in his own sweat. He probably could have found another way to get here on time, but he enjoyed the way a good run obliterated his thoughts, worries, bitterness. Plus I don't get much time to exercise, given my studies. Realizing that he can't be seen in the Matron Mother's presence in such a state, and that he had a little time before he needed to be there, he heads straight to his own rooms, for a quick "nap" and to freshen his clothes.
After a quick rest, and with the pleasant ache of a good run still lingering in his leg muscles, Diulatch comes to the first ring of protection at his Grandmother's rooms. Keeping his face up, so the guards could recognize him, but his eyes down so that he need not see their looks of disgust (Or worse, pitty) he walks briskly through the various checkpoints, pretending he doesn't hear the whispers of "Look it's the cripple" and "But he looks so normal!" not acknowledging any of the guards until he reaches the inner ring of Females. Realizing that these are not his Grandmother's usual guards Diulatch slows, bows slightly to the women, and begins to wonder what it is that his Grandmother is up to.
As he enters his Grandmother's chambers he notices a Half-breed, for whom he has some amount of understanding, an old warrior of some kind and Oh, hello Aunt Mazhilen. How delightful to see you again, he says with a small, but genuine smile as he bows, much deeper than he had for the guard at the door. And has Grandmother told you what this is all about? I'm afraid that I'm quite in the dark. Um, no pun intended. He finishes, with a rather lame grin.

Erad
2010-05-31, 12:53 PM
Ed'Reyn, a thin, agile and nimble drow was training with a captured goblin. He poisoned his blade with blinding poison and after the first wound, goblin lost his sight realizing he would never see again. Ed'Reyn was jumping around poor animal giving him small but painful wounds. Goblin tried to run away, but every time he just hit his head on the wall. Ed'Reyn was laughing, this game was very enjoyable.

Then someone entered the training room. It was one of lower class males, who delivered Ed'Reyn a small piece of parchment.

There was written:

"The Matron Mother expects your presence in her chambers at midday. Do not be followed. Do not speak of it, and do not be late."

Ed'Reyn sighed. He didn't like to get orders, he preferred to give orders himself. With a wave of hand, he released the courier and quickly finished crying goblin off.

A few hours later:

Ed'Reyn passes through the guards and entered Matron Mother room. With surprise he sees, that many drow already assembled there.

He bows to Mazhilen and says, "Greetings Mistress Mazhilen!", He bows again."

He looks at others.

"Was I summoned to take Velyn for my practice with poisons?"

Calenestel
2010-05-31, 01:02 PM
Shaken from her reverie Mazhilen looks to her unfortunate nephew, and a genuin smile lights up her dark features. "Diulatch! I see Matron Faeyr do have something important planned!" There is an implied compliment in her tone as well as words, saying that he is not only family, which matter little for most drow, but USEFUL, not a cripple or a liability but an asset. She doesn't state it aloud, figuring him to be too proud to take that kindly, but just being obvious in taking it for granted that he would be of good use. "I do hope your studies are coming along nicely?"
Smiling as she reclines in the sofa she keeps an eye on the grizzled stranger, but her main attention, for a little while, is on Diulatch. She actually likes the boy, even though she knows that by the Word of Lolth she should despise him for his weakness. Not enough to put his wellfare in front of Her will, naturally, but well enough within reason. More than she likes most, and that's probably more affection than he receives from most.

As Ed'reyn enters she nods slightly towards him and murmurs a quick: "Ed'reyn... Obviously not, why would she bother herself with that?"

RandomAction
2010-05-31, 05:11 PM
Velyn begins to relax slightly as more people enter the room. Looking up he spies a young mage named Diulatch. He remembers sharing a class at the academy with the mageling, however this also brings back the feel of the proctor's fiery whip as it lashed into his shoulder. Velyn had dared to laugh at the teacher when the young mage had made joke at his expense. Velyn's thoughts turn darker as he recalls the stories of how the mage was a cripple in the eyes of many drow. Velyn knows that no matter how 'crippled' the mage may be, he will forever be above him in the ranks of the underdark.

At the entrance of Ed'Reyn and his responding quip, Velyn's eyes narrow only the slightest. A mere twitch of his brow is the only indication of the movement.

As if I would let you., he thinks.

Velyn has heard many rumors about the assassin, from his expertism with poisons to his unbelievable ability to 'charm' the females of lesser houses into betraying thier weaknesses. He watches the mixed members of the room as he struggles to understand why all were called to this meeting and who else would be showing up.

dawnsolara
2010-05-31, 07:04 PM
Sabisstra looks up from her contemplation of a painting with a downward quirk of her mouth as Tsabe approaches her, as quietly as he could without drawing ire for sneaking around her.
"Mistress, this just arrived from Matron Faeyr." he bows slightly as he hands the note to her, bastard swords swinging lightly at his side and clanking against his daggers as they do so.
Sabisstra reaches her hand out, barely moving her head as she does so. "Give it here, then, and go practice."
Tsabe bobbs two quick bows and scurries away, this time taking care to not allow his scimitars to clang together. Sabisstra reads the note quickly, quieting an annoyed grunt at its contents, and rises gracefully to her feet. "Come, Tsabe. We are summoned. And do be quiet."

Sabisstra and Tsabe make their way through the Third house's compound with deliberate slowness, making sure they seem to only be on a morning walk, until they reach the central building. Sabisstra and Tsabe walk past the guards almost absent mindedly, he taking care to help her up the steps in an appropriately respectful manner, so that he seems merely subservient but as unnecessary as possible. Sabisstra swats Tsabe away from her for his troubles at the top of the stairs, irritated at the implication that she wanted or needed help.
As they pass the inner set of male guards, Sabisstra eyes their weapons with interest before speaking to Tsabe. "Are you working to make yourself like them, then? Do you seek to be like them and thus gain favor, hm?"
Tsabe looks at the guards with a mixture of pain and contempt in his eyes. "No, mistress." he says quietly. "I seek only to serve you better."
Sabisstra turns to Tsabe and laughs at him, though she is touched by his devotion. "Then serve more, Tsabe, and open the door for me!"
Just before coming into view of the matron mother's chambers and her guards, Sabisstra stops and turns to Tsabe. "Make yourself presentable." she says, before quickly straightening his clothes and making certain his hair is securely pulled away from his face. Tsabe blushes at her attention, but does not protest.
After Sabisstra gives herself a quick once-over, they approach the Matron's door and enter after giving the female guards appropriate bows.

After they enter the room, Sabisstra greets her sister warmly and gives the rest of the room's occupants properly respectful but absent-minded notice. Tsabe stays by Sabisstra's side, greeting those he sees respectfully.

Asherion
2010-05-31, 07:37 PM
The chamber rattles slightly as the portal-shaped iron wrought door in the wall behind the thronelike chair rattles open, receding into the wall. Each segment of the portal is spiked, and the spikes pull free of one another to allow for the door to rotate and disappear into the walls.

Matron Faeyr enters the room, in a sweeping movement of her robes. Her clothing today is of deep purple, wispy robes that come all the way up to a high, stiff collar that comes up around her face, but then steals the image of strict modesty with a neckline that plunges well down the front of the robes. Faeyr is a beautiful woman, by drow standards, and although she must be old - none are very confident of her exact age - she does not show it in her appearance or her movements. Her House insignia is worn on a golden torc around her neck, and her only other jewelery are the earrings that dangle from her ears, shaped like miniature, finely crafted, golden spiders.

She sweeps into the room, with a cursory glance over those present, and into her chair. She then gestures to the table, and at those who are not yet sitting at it. Her face gesture take on an invitation, but her voice issues a command: "Sit."

Without waiting for her command to be followed, she begins to speak.

"Each of you is here for a purpose. Except, perhaps, for that thing," she gestures with a wave of a hand (without looking) at the priestess' companion, "but I suppose she has her reasons. Regardless, you have been carefully chosen. I am about to speak to you about some matters which will be denied should you repeat them. In fact, should you repeat them, I will probably kill the offender for slandering my name among the Houses, and denounce them as a liar.

I need information gathered. Each of you will be selected as part of the Third House's expeditionary group. The Council has requested that the Second and the Third send a combined force to the Indrazul Pass, the tunnel network that connects our Underdark to the areas beneath the Ragged Mountains. There are rumors that the Dwarves are planning a full scale invasion of Tel'Rondar and the other nearby Drow cities.
My purpose for selecting you as a group is due to your varied skillet. Each of you is good at something in particular. Some are my blood, some are… vermin. All could be useful to this endeavor. I want you to go, perform the scouting mission as the council wishes. While you're at it, though, I want you to find out what you can from the Second House nobles - say, hypothetically, that you're looking for useful information regarding their defenses. And I don't want any of the House Xanitar nobles to return alive. They need to die due to the dangerous journey.

Questions? Intelligent ones?"

RandomAction
2010-05-31, 07:58 PM
Velyn watches as the last member of the group enters the room. She is not alone. Oddly she has brought her 'pet' to the meeting. He looks over the drow, taking in his weapons and armor. The expression on his face as he look to his mistress is one of deep admiration. Velyn almost retches at the sight of it. He is about to return the nod with the Matron Mother enters the room. Panicing, Velyn quickly moves to kneel before the matron.
Velyn listens to the matron as she describes the reason for this summons of her house's talent. His knees ache from his position on the floor as his mind wanders over the possiblilities of an invasion. Looking around the room, he slowly raises his voice is askance.

Matron Mother, if we do encounter any of the rumored dwarven forces and a capture is possible. Shall we interogate it then and there, or is it your wish that we return with a prisoner to be delivered into your web for more proper means?

Velyn hopes that his question is enough to warrant his speaking to her. He whispers a quiet prayer and awaits her answer.

Calenestel
2010-05-31, 11:05 PM
With a sunny smile and a wave Mazhilen greets her sister, opening her mouth to speak. But then the door to Matron Faeyr's inner chambers open. The youngest daugher snaps her mouth shut and scrambles from her sofa only slightly slower than the commoners and fa'la zatoasten. Being too slow would probably seem like a challenge to dear old mother.
After kneeling before her Matron Mother Mazhilen then glides over to the chairs around the table and takes a place directly to the left of her mother, and with almost uncharacteristic seriousness she listens intently to what should be all their assignement. Well, as soon as her mother starts describing she knows what is coming. She had heard that her mother was preparing something like this, she had known that it was only a matter of time before Kintarr would try to climb the social ladder and this was a perfect time for the first steps of that journey. Her heart pumping with anticipation she raises her hand but doesn't exactly wait for "her turn" to speak. "Are any of their commoners to be... procured and brought home or are we to let them be unless they see things they shouldn't?"

Erad
2010-06-01, 04:37 AM
Ed'Reyn kneels when Matron Mother enters the room. When she begins to speak, he listens closely. When the old drow gets to the final part of her speech, Ed'Reyn smiles widely.

"I would personally see, that Xanitar nobles would perish during their mission", he says, "My thanks to you, Matron Mother for giving me a job I so enjoy. And the dwarfs? Let they come! Our soldiers need practice."

He looks around on his future companions. He smiles again when his eyes meet Velyn. He keeps his thoughts to himself, but obviously he has plans for the miserable half drow. A plans that Velyn won't like.

Psilulz
2010-06-01, 04:58 AM
The warrior leans forward at the mention of a prompt for questions...

"Dear Matron Mother, what kind of compensation is being offered for said endeavor? Realize it is important for my organization to know how much of a reward is being offered, so they know who they should be sending out. We would also request that you suggest what sort of agent you wish to have sent with this group, otherwise, we will send whatever I deem appropriate. In case you hadn't noticed, I am but an emissary for my organization... I had been ordered by a higher ranking member of the society to attend this meeting representing our organization's interest, and so here I sit representing it. Worry not, however, your secrets are safe. Our organization is completely anonymous and confiendtial."
Bluff roll for making that all up
[roll0]

Asherion
2010-06-01, 08:36 AM
Faeyr smiles wickedly. "Organization or not, I know who you are. That is why the summons was sent to you - I have had eyes on you all, and many more individuals, for some time, seeking out the right people for these missions, and I see value in your skills. You may tell your organization, then, that there will be compensation.

Firstly, anything found on the Dwarves or the Xanitar nobles is yours. I anticipate that the nobles will have things on their persons of some worth. Secondly, anyone who is not a member of this house will be paid in gold. ((Anyone who is a member will either get equivalent gold OOC or will more likely get magical items as a reward and incentive - and to better equip faithful servants)) The price will vary depending on your results. But you have my word before Lolth that it will be a fair one. If that is not enough for you, then ponder this: changes are about to happen. Great changes. Would those of you who are not loyal to this house like to be on the winning or losing side? How about those of you who profess loyalty? Where do your hearts lie?
Finally, if your 'organization' chooses to not humor me with this, or if they choose to go wagging tongues to others, I will see to it that my last act in this world is to annihilate every person involved, and see them all driders before I am taken. Is that clear?

I need no prisoners. I already know what the other Houses do not - the Dwarves are coming. It's a matter of when. My actions to solidify my position need to come now, hence your preemptive strike in cleansing Xanitar of several of its most values members. Soon, the city will be forced to stand together, or fall apart. And when we do so, I'd like to be ready and as solidified as possible.

Xanitar commoners do not concern me. If they see it, slaughter them all. If you must slaughter all of their commoners, slaughter some or all of ours as well. Make it look as though you all are the remnant."

Calenestel
2010-06-01, 08:47 AM
"It shall be as you say, matron mother." Bowing as well as she might in her sitting position Mazhilen is quick to voice her support, and give a pointed glance to those not of the House. It's all a show, of course, how she gives her full loyalty and support to her mother. And she doesn't expect her mother to believe otherwise. But it's a show with more than just a grain of truth. Matron Faeyr is the Will of Lolth in House Kintarr and must be obeyed as such until she proves to be unfit. She do trust her mother to understand her own understanding of this as well.

dawnsolara
2010-06-01, 09:29 AM
Sabisstra bows slightly after her sister, face carefully set in an expression of serious determination. "As Mazhilen says, matron, it shall be done as you wish." Tsabe follows Sabisstra's lead, prostrating himself where she bows and not daring to speak for fear of bringing greater ire upon himself. "We follow your will in all things." Sabisstra adds, placing a hand upon Tsabe's shoulders to force him to stay kneeling on the floor as he begins to attempt to rise.

Erad
2010-06-01, 11:03 AM
"And what if we set dwarves on the nobles of Xanitar and they will do all the work for us, will we still gget our rewards?", asked Ed'Reyn.

RandomAction
2010-06-01, 01:01 PM
"As you command Matron Mother. When are we to leave?"
Velyn keeps his eyes downcast while speaking. When he believes no-one is looking, he slowly shifts his gaze between all the other male members of the group. He considers battle plans for the group, as his eyes roll over each one his mind rattles off the possibilities of himself being a possible loss in the mission.
The mage will not turn against me, I have nothing he wants nor do I stand in his way. Organization? Who and what is he talking about? Tsabe is to devoted to his mistress, so unless I offend her... Ed'Ryn and that fake smile of his, maybe a threat.

Asherion
2010-06-01, 10:12 PM
"You leave first thing in the morning. And do you think I really care what method is used to accomplish this? The only loss I would feel in you ALL dying out there is that... well, a few of you in this room are actually worth something in the long run. It matters not to me how they are eliminated."

In the morning, assemble outside the gates of the House."

Calenestel
2010-06-01, 11:29 PM
Stiffling a smile that would surely become a smirk the youngest Daughter bows once again. "It shall be as you say, ilharess."
Still, she doesn't move to leave until she has been dismissed by her mother. One does not move without leave, nor does one stay when ordered to leave.

Psilulz
2010-06-02, 01:19 AM
"Dear Matron Mother, worry not. Your secrets are safe with us.
[roll0]
Our organization strongly supports you in your down brining of the second house,
[roll1]
and realize that it would be foolish to ever work against you. We do not go around simply making enemies. Only when it is most beneficial do we resort to that.

However, if I am the individual agent you seek to fulfill your request, then it shall be done. I shall return in the morning and meet with the rest of this crew. If we are to be working together as a team, I believe it would be most beneficial to us all if we knew at least something of each other. Such as what role each is to play in our little party. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I would enjoy surviving this endeavor."
He does not move to leave.

RandomAction
2010-06-02, 01:25 AM
While his face is pressed to the floor, Velyn smiles. His thoughts turn dark as he ponders the hidden meaning in her words.

The trap is set. Who shall I ally myself with then?

Velyn waits for the matrons dismissal, the ache in the knees is no longer there as he is lost in thought.

Asherion
2010-06-03, 12:42 PM
Faeyr gestures abruptly "If you have anything else to speak about, do so out of my presence. I will speak to you when you return. If you do."

With a second wave, she gestures to the entry portal to the chamber, a clear indication for the lot of the visitors to leave.

((You may RP any further activity between yourselves outside the room, after leaving, or you may simply explain what you do - go buy things, go to prepare and sleep, w/e - and then wait for the morning. Your choice entirely.))

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-03, 12:53 PM
Diulatch respectfully takes his leave, murmuring farewells to his aunts, and retires to his own rooms, to flip through his spellbooks and contemplate what to prepare the following morning.

Calenestel
2010-06-03, 12:59 PM
Getting to her feet Mazhilen heads for the doors. Still smiling sweetly she raises her hand towards the halfbreed and waves him over. She doesn't slow down, but she doesn't exactly hurry either picking just the pace so that he might catch up to her as she walks. "Velyn, walk with me."

dawnsolara
2010-06-03, 01:44 PM
Sabisstra and Tsabe leave quietly, Tsabe staying at a respectful distance from Sabisstra. "Tsabe, go and purchase supplies for our expedition." Sabisstra adds over her shoulder, before heading back to her rooms. Tsabe bows deeply upon receiving the instructions and leaves at a brisk pace.

RandomAction
2010-06-03, 03:47 PM
Velyn stands and bows to Matron Faeyr,

"By your command Matron."

He then turns to follow Mazhilen. As he catches up, Velyn matches her pace and follows her lead. His eyes stare downward as they pass each guard. Velyn ignores the hate filled gazes of each one. His thoughts turn inwards, replaying the conversation and the selected members of the party.

There is much to gain and much to lose, but maybe.........

Calenestel
2010-06-03, 04:07 PM
Leading the way, and picking up the pace as Velyn catches up, the youngest daughter of House Kintarr is barely away from the other gathered before dropping her dilettante, youngest princess facade and looks hard at the halfdrow. After a couple of seconds of silent walking through empty corridors she return her attention to where she's going. "You have no friend in Ed'reyn it would seem. You need someone with power to look after you on this trip and I need someone with your talents. You will follow me. Understood?" She seem used to command all of a sudden. And used to being obeyed. But then, why shouldn't she be? A daughter of the third most powerful Matron Mother of the City destined to either butcher and poison her way to the top of house Kintarr or found her own as a branch of her mother's. She was literally born to rule.

RandomAction
2010-06-03, 07:18 PM
Velyn begins to wory as he and the priestess walk into a private area. As she speaks, he thinks upon her words and forms his answer.

He underestimates my abilities. His arrogance shall be his downfall. Though I would be foolish, Mistress Mazhilen, if I refused your offer.

He pauses here and slowly lifts his eyes meeting hers. The shadows of the Underdark could not conceal the fires in his azure orbs. He doesn't lower his eyes as he finishes speaking in perfect drow.

Usstan tlun ilythiiri naut e'trit. Ussta equidain ph' dossta....Ilharess Mazhilen.

After speaking he bows, exposing himself to her wrath should she take offense at his words.

Psilulz
2010-06-03, 10:47 PM
The warrior bows and begins to take his leave. "If any of you have any questions, I will be in the market for most of the rest of the day... otherwise, we shall meet again tomorrow."

Calenestel
2010-06-04, 12:07 AM
"Sweer..." Continuing it finally starts to become clear where she's heading. To the house storerooms. "I am certain of your skills, Velyn. But he is ilythiiri, you... would quite possibly be in even greater troubles should you kill him. Not to mention that it would weaken our expedition. I wont have it. If you are under my protection troubles are much less likely to appear to begin with." No they've reached a new intersection and there she stops temporarily. Clapping the halfbreed on his shoulder she give him a grin, half encouraging and half superiour. Just like female drows tend to smile at any male, no matter how pureblooded. "You better get your equipment ready, ussta s'lat'halin, we will probably not wait for stragglers." No need to mention that they were less likely to wait for him than just about anyone else. That was just how things were and there were limits to what she would lower herself to, obviously.

RandomAction
2010-06-04, 12:32 AM
"As you wish Mistress. "

Velyn turns and leaves the compound for the local markets. As he leaves a smile plays across his face.

One offer of power. I wonder how many more then? Maybe I should contact this organization he spoke off......

Calenestel
2010-06-04, 12:44 AM
Smiling to herself the daughter of Fayer continues on to the storerooms. Oh, she doesn't trust Velyn further than anyone else. Half a drow is still too much to trust, really. But at the moment there is mutual gain to be had, and that makes them allies. She fully expects him to jump ship should he find a better offer elsewhere, and good for him. But she is also confident in her own raisig star. She WILL be the matron mother he called her, someday she will. And there is not many more powerful than the matron mothers, not even of a lowranking house. Not as long as she has powerful backers, at least. Humming a dance tune to herself she enters the first storage room and makes a list of some rather basic necessities to the female dwarven slave currently at work there. She wouldn't want to seem too greedy to her mother.

Erad
2010-06-05, 09:06 AM
Ed'Reyn leaves for the market to buy things necessary for travel.

Will update charlist today or tomorrow

Psilulz
2010-06-05, 03:51 PM
The warrior spends the rest of the day at the market, walking through the stalls and purchasing various supplies to prepare for the journey.

Asherion
2010-06-07, 10:22 PM
In the morning, if everyone is done with business and retrieving supplies, a group of drow will be waiting outside of the House - respectfully distanced from the gate - from House Xanitar.
Their leader, a priestess who seems on the surface to be very distant and cold. They are aligned in a formation, with a complement of two priestesses, two mages, two warrior combatants, and a line of common soldiers.

The priestesses, for sure, in both groups, are assumed to know the general place where they are headed, if not the specific route - the tunnel set leading out to the Ragged Mountains. Several of the others may as well.

The Xanitar group awaits those from this House.

RandomAction
2010-06-07, 10:37 PM
Velyn awakens early. He goes into the practice yard and strips down to breeches. He then begins a short training exercise to loosen up his muscles for the day. After a few minutes, he towels off the sweat and replaces his clothing and armor. He enters the slaves kitchen and serves himself a small meal of mushrooms, bread and cheese. He rushes throught the meal and quickly returns to his sparce room. After collecting his gear he leaves the compound and meets with the rest of the group.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-08, 01:05 PM
Diulatch rises early, and orders a breakfast to be brought to his rooms before he contemplates the mysteries of the universe, to sement his spells in his mind this day. After preparing his spells and eating his breakfast, he checks one last time the gear he's decided to bring, and packed last night. Finding everything in order he dresses and leaves to meet the day, and the emissary from House Xanitar. Once he arrives, after bowing the bare minimum considered appropriate and not a hare more to the Priestesses, he casually insepcts the ranks. Spotting someon who's enemy potential is slightly less than the rest of the group, Diulatch walks up to him, noticing a faint oder of clean sweat about the man. Velyn, right? How are you this morning? Diulatch speaks with an easy familiarity born, one might assume, from the similarities evident between the two.

RandomAction
2010-06-08, 03:18 PM
"I am doing fine, Master Diulatch. Though I am having my doubts about this misson, my blade is ready none the less.", Velyn says with a bow.
Pausing to rise, Velyn begins looking around. He tries to take a count of the other house's members. He looks over each member of the other group, though he tries to avoid loking at the priestesses. He reaches up and adjusts the goggles he is wearing.
Well, two mages and three priestesses. This is going to be more difficult than I thought.

Turning to look back at the young mage, Velyn bows again. He smiles and says, Master Diulatch, do you wish me to carry your supplies for you.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-08, 04:57 PM
Thank you but that wont be necessary. Unsholdering his pack Diulatch holds it partly open in both hands to show Velyn the interior. My pack's actually empty. I have... other means of carrying anything that I might need, but one can never be too sure. We may need the space, eventually. Diulatch looks into Velyn's face, trying to see if the subtle stress he'd put on the word "we" was noticed. Shifting his weight from foot to foot nervously, he lets his gaze wander, looking over the grounds outside the gate. Wonder when my Aunts and the rest will arrive. Knowing them they've each got at least one of the others wrapped around their fingers by now. After a brief, but distinct, pause Diulatch brings his gaze back to Velyn and continues. You know, we have a lot more in common than you might expect. Both male, both fairly young. And both... shall we say less than pure? Honestly if it weren't for the inexplicable actions of my Grandmother I'm sure we'd be considered one and the same. Diulatch had dropped his eyes at the beginning of his list, but brings his gaze back up now, locking with Velyn's. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that... how does the saying go?... I'll have your back. I'd hoped you'd feel the same? he finishes, a small smile on his lips and one brow raised.

RandomAction
2010-06-08, 09:29 PM
Velyn listens carefully to the young magus's words. A small smile creases his face as he speaks,
"Yes, Master Diulatch. There can be no telling what rewards we will find on this trip. I also have packed lightly, just the basics we would need and perhaps a surprise or two for important matters. No disrespect Master, but your aunts seem to have matters well in hand when it comes to recruiting allies."

Here Velyn pauses to look at the mage. He thinks things over and carefully removes a pouch from his belt. Handing it to the mage, he says in a whisper loud enough for only him to hear.

Diulatch only:
Tapping his goggles, Velyn says:
"Carefully peek inside, but do not allow them to become active. A bit of pain and confusion to those I use it against. A warning to you young Master, be aware and do not stay close to me when I use them. Here is my 'back'."
((OoC: They are sun-pellets and since we are fighting drow.......))

Velyn hopes that he doesn't regret his decision to trust the wizard.

Erad
2010-06-09, 09:20 AM
Ed'Reyn slept long that night, but still ordered to slaves to wake him when there will be time to go. After waking, he dressed and visited a kitchen, where had quite a nice meal. Then he prepared his weapons: he poisoned the blade and some of the bolts. After preparations were finished, he took his backpack and left the House building.

When he saw the priestesses of House Xintar, he bowed and said:
"Greetings mistersses, hope Lolth wouldn't abandon you with favors!"

Then he nods to Diulatch and Valyn.
"Good morning! I see you came here early. That's right decision, you shall not anger the matron mother."

He looks at other males of House Xintar, nods to them, but says no verbal greeting.

"My blade and skill is for you!", says he to priestesses, perfectly hiding the double meaning of his words.

Calenestel
2010-06-09, 10:29 AM
Fashionably late, which among the drow means neither too late to draw ire from one's superiors nor last and thus singling oneself out overly much, Mazhilen saunters out from the House Compound. She had had a calm and blessedly uneventful morning with a steady breakfast and some flirting with one of the more handsome commoners. And she had still hade ample time for her prayers and meditation. She felt... refreshed. Smiling she joins the other conspirators. "Oh, look. So good to see so many of you already present. Diulatch, Velyn, Ed'reyn." Graciously she nods at each of them. Moving on to greet some of the more prominent soldiers of the house contingent.

RandomAction
2010-06-09, 12:38 PM
"Good morning Mistress Mazhilen."

Velyn says this with a deep bow. His eyes, still hidden beind his goggles, scan the area for the rest of the group as he watches the priestess. Feeling a bit of nervousness from the pending mission, Velyn unsheathes his kusari-gama and puts it into a short spin while holding it by the chain.
After a few seconds, he replaces it and rechecks his gear. Velyn adjusts the straps that hold his buckler in place and sighs deeply.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-06-09, 01:37 PM
Diulatch only:
Tapping his goggles, Velyn says:
"Carefully peek inside, but do not allow them to become active. A bit of pain and confusion to those I use it against. A warning to you young Master, be aware and do not stay close to me when I use them. Here is my 'back'."
((OoC: They are sun-pellets and since we are fighting drow.......))

Intriguing. I have a similar trick up my sleeve, he murmurs back. Glancing toward the gate he notices Ed'Reyn is about to arrive. He casually wanders a few paces away from Velyn; no point in making their budding "friendship" too obvious. As he paces aimlessly, absentmindedly working off a bit of nervous energy, he notices his Aunt arriving. One of them at any rate.

"Oh, look. So good to see so many of you already present. Diulatch, Velyn, Ed'reyn."

Diulatch bows his head, respectfully, before replying. Aunt. Perfect timing, I see. As usual. A small smile toys with the idea of making itself known on Diulatch's face, but after a moment he manages to master himself and keep his features smooth, though respectful.

Psilulz
2010-06-09, 01:46 PM
Immediately after his trip to the market, the warrior proceeds back to his safe house, and begins resting. As soon as he gets up, he begins preparing a small part of a new disguise, using some of the various junk he picked up at the market. An insignia of House Xanitar.
Afterwards, he proceeds to where the matron mother had instructed him to go at yesterdays meeting.

dawnsolara
2010-06-10, 11:31 AM
Tsabe moves through the market quickly, finding all the supplies he deems necessary for the expedition, along with those extras that Sabisstra requested, and returns to her rooms laden with supplies, then takes up his newly-accustomed post guarding Sabisstra's sleeping chamber.

The next morning, Sabisstra quickly arranges the supplies as she wishes, instructing Tsabe in what she will carry and what he will, and sends Tsabe out before she leaves to ensure that there is not an ambush waiting for them, and then to sit and await her arrival. Sabisstra then meditates on the teachings of her god, the Lord of Shadow, and prepares her day's spells before leaving her rooms, taking care to wear a dramatic (and secretly practical) outfit, dressing to impress both her new, if temporary, allies and their soon-to-be enemies.

She arrives at the gates moments after Laulklyr, immediately greeting her sister. "Mazhilen, sister, what a pleasure." After this, she turns to the priestess leading the contingent from House Xanitar. "Greetings." she murmurs, giving an extremely proper courtesy. After greeting the priestess, she takes polite leave and returns to greet those in her House's contingent, the most prominent first and ending by giving those too far below her station to be politely greeted a collective nod of acknowledgement.

Tsabe moves to stand at Sabisstra's back after she is done greeting everyone, emerging from the House's gates mute but respectful.