PDA

View Full Version : Becoming God-like beings

NekoJoker
2010-05-30, 03:43 PM
FIRST OF ALL, PROUDMOURE, EREMES, HAWKMOON, NARLAK AND ASECAS STAY THE **** AWAY FROM THIS!!!

Gone?... good.

OK, so my players have been pestering me for some time for ways to get god-like powers... at first i wasn't really into it., I mean who would give a bunch of violent hobos unlimited divine power... well the answer is that I am crazy enough to try it. After all, we are really near the end of the campaign what harm can this make?

At first they wanted to get something like Divine Rank 1 from the Deities and Demigods sourcebook but since I can't really stat any of that i decided on a modified version of the Saint Template [LA is only +3, still low, but well...]

Now I want to make this some sort of Spiritual journey for them to undertake, this must take no more than 2 sessions at most. This sounds really cool... problem is I don't know where to start. I still ahve some time.

Here are their builds in a nutshell

Kael Proudmoure -- an Elven Enlightened Fist/Swiftblade -- Charismatic and good looking, tends to be egocentric and makes odd coments on.... pretty much everything. Still a noble soul, altough a bit flawed [obsessed with Gilgamesh from Fate Stay/ night]

Loki Eremes -- Lesser Drow Rogue/Dervish -- Assassin turned good, currently acting as a fatherly figure to an orphan they rescued a couple of story arcs ago. Active worshipper of Eilistraee [CG Drow deity] [Obsessed with Archer from Fate Stay/Night]

Messik Asecas Halfling master thrower/Whisperknife -- Gluttonous-womanizer... those words decribe this fella pretty well. Still a loyal comrade, he would go to hell and back for his teammates.

Erekose Hawkmoon -- HUman Paladin/Kensei -- Holy warrior with military heavy background. Husband and father. Has not shown many character traits so far [new guy], but has always acted LG.

Garak Nalrak -- Dwarven Cleric/Ordained Champion -- Another holy warrior, obsessed with duty and the country. Another new guy, hasn't shown much of anything as of yet, but i have high hopes on him

So those are my Players and i really want them to have a trp to remember as they ascend into sainthood but i don't know where to begin... I pray for your guidance

EvilJoe15
2010-05-30, 04:58 PM
The Immortal's Handbook: Ascension has the rules for ascending into godhood.(Hence the name.)
Get the Immortal's Handbook: Bestiary to challenge the newly ascended gods.
With CR 9,721 Monsters. (It's Playable too at LA+17,497)

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-05-30, 06:41 PM
Give them all wizard spellcasting.:smalltongue:

The Glyphstone
2010-05-30, 06:48 PM
The Immortal's Handbook: Ascension has the rules for ascending into godhood.(Hence the name.)
Get the Immortal's Handbook: Bestiary to challenge the newly ascended gods.
With CR 9,721 Monsters. (It's Playable too at LA+17,497)

I don't understand why they felt there was a need to print those books. CR barely means anything in double-digits, and nothing in triple digits. The "monsters" they created are basically just the results of spastically mashing fists on a numberpad for each of the stats and abilities, then adding Automatic Win Button X that can only be countered by Automatic Win Button Y from another Immortals book feat/class/power/creature.

Heliomance
2010-05-30, 07:00 PM
Never seen the Immortals Handbook, but I've heard of it. I like the dragon with a breath weapon that can cause you to never have existed.

NekoJoker
2010-05-30, 08:51 PM
Thx for the quick response guys...
I'm not looking for any reality altering stuff... i have enough "Reality Marble" and "Noble Phantasms" in my game already.

I was actually looking for some trippy Roleplay form them to have in ther ascent so as to not be only something on the lines of "Kill X monster. Congrats, u R God now!" (cue victory music)

MIND YOU I WILL STILL BE DOING THAT so the Immortals handbook might come in handy.

has any of you guys gone into god-like status?
What was it like?
How did you roleplay it?
What help did your DM give you?

Mando Knight
2010-05-30, 09:16 PM
In a WotC-published 4e module, the party needs to resurrect a god, sending a character with the god's divine "spark" through a golden curtain across the bridge of Al-Sihal beyond a mithral gate in the Heavenly City Asiryet, atop the Mount Chronias, the tallest and mightiest of the mountains of Celestia.