PDA

View Full Version : Gaining the Evil subtype??

Tyger
2010-05-30, 06:31 PM
One of my players is looking at playing a Tainted Scholar in a level 20 (high powered) one shot I am running. Trying to stick to relative RAW, and not houserule tooooo much.

He's not too keen on being undead (there is already a lich in the party) and I was taking a look around for Evil subtype creatures or templates. So far, other than a demon or devil (which carries with it about LA +6 for anything decent) I can't find much. The players are getting a free LA of +4, along with some extra XP for crafting or LA buyoff if they so desire (likely in the neighbourhood of 10-15K) so that should open a lot of options.

And yes, its high powered. Its our chance to escape the normal rules and levels we play by and get our optimization on.

Thoughts, help, options, tips??? Much obliged, in advance.

Volthawk
2010-05-30, 06:33 PM
Ritual of Alignment from Savage Species. Costs 56,000 gold pieces and 2,240 XP and would need a 7th level cleric with the Evil domain. +0 LA, too.

Heliomance
2010-05-30, 06:34 PM
Look in Savage Species at the ritual section. There's a ritual that can give any creature any alignment subtype you like, for a fairly hefty whack of gold.

Gah! Swordsages!

Jack_Simth
2010-05-30, 06:37 PM
Half-Fiend doesn't technically give you the Evil subtype, but it goes very well with an evil alignment.

A Dretch is LA+2 (and 2 RHD).

Mystic Muse
2010-05-30, 06:49 PM
So, you'd like some ghouda with your cheddar?

Prime32
2010-05-30, 07:30 PM
Divine minion Diabolus for LA +1. It also comes with the whole "wildshape as an 11th-level druid into one of these forms as a free action at will" thing.

Tyger
2010-05-30, 08:46 PM
Ritual of Alignment from Savage Species. Costs 56,000 gold pieces and 2,240 XP and would need a 7th level cleric with the Evil domain. +0 LA, too.

Bingo, this is perfect. Thanks!

Kyuubi
So, you'd like some ghouda with your cheddar?

Well, seeing as I am the DM, and the campaign is already, as noted in the original post, a huge optimization and power fest - yes, please.

Divine minion Diabolus for LA +1. It also comes with the whole "wildshape as an 11th-level druid into one of these forms as a free action at will" thing.

What book is this in? That might be even better than the ritual!

Cog
2010-05-31, 10:00 AM
I was kind of hoping this would work out; it'd be nice for Fiend of Possesion qualification too. Unfortunately, the Divine Minion template states:

The creature's type changes to outsider, and any alignment subtypes it has changes to match the corresponding alignment subtypes of its deity. You only get the Evil tag if you had a different tag already. The template is available here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a), though.