PDA

View Full Version : Preliminaries to a Ravenloft Campaign Journal

Project_Mayhem
2010-05-30, 08:30 PM
As the title of this thread, and the few threads I've made over the last month may indicate, I am currently setting up to run the 3.5 module Expedition to Castle Ravenloft for my group.

Would there be any interest in a campaign journal? I plan to write it both in and out of character.

In any case, I won't be properly ready to run it for at least week or so now - however, I plan to begin with a prelude of character introduction, and little bits of expositional prose.

Hope people find this interesting

Project_Mayhem
2010-05-30, 08:31 PM
Reserved for contents

Thurbane
2010-05-30, 09:24 PM
I'm DMing EtCR for my group, currently on our 7th or 8th session - the group is about to take on the Witches of Lysaga Hill, and Varikov the Trapper.

I started a campaign journal, but some r/w issues meant I didn't have enough time to maintain it. I'd be very interested in reading yours. :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2010-05-30, 10:47 PM
Sure, go for it. Don't know how good it'll turn out until we see some examples of your work and events begin to unfold, so we can't really comment on reception until it happens. We do like reading others' though, and they generally only fall off due to ending or delays between sessions.

Even half an effort has some chance of creating some level of discussion amongst the audience, we do so love to play off of one another over anything, especially if it's actually a presentation of a happening.

Project_Mayhem
2010-05-31, 07:26 AM
OK - Here's the current character list:

Dwarf Cleric 6 (buff/melee focused)
Warforged Crusader 6 (Lockdown build)
Lesser Drow Druid 6 (Summoner, shapeshift varient)
Half Elf Swordsage 6 (W.I.P)
Human Wizard 6 (W.I.P)
Halfling Scout<6/Ranger<6 (W.I.P - using swift hunter obviously)

The campaign is set in Eberron, and Barovia is a small state technically a vassal of King very-much-not-a-vampire Kaius III. When I get a bit more backstory off the players, I'll give a little introduction to each one.