PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: (IC Thread)

jmanowen
2010-05-30, 09:21 PM
It is early morning, with the frost still sticking to the ground as you all gather outside the guard post to which you were directed. All arriving separately to Hallasholm, taking it was easy to discover the meeting place for new bounty hunters after talking to a few townsfolk. The sun is still breaking over the horizon as you wait for further direction.

After several moments, a young guardsman opens the door and directs you all inside, “Come in”. Upon entering, you look around at a small meeting room, with benches lined in rows facing a raised platform at the end of the room. The room smells of the pine used in the floors and benches. You take your seats as the young man exits through a side door next to the platform.

You hear the sound of metal clinking as the side door opens, and a burly dwarf walks into the room, stepping up onto the stage and coming to stop in the center, facing you all. Armored with a well polished, but clearly battle tested scale shirt, a rather large waraxe on his hip and an equally polished shield across his back, you can tell he is seasoned warrior.

“Name’s Bragon,” The black bearded dwarf bellows out to you in a stern voice, “And you all fancy yourselves bounty hunters.” Pausing, giving the room an appraising look, he strokes his beard. “We’ll see.”

“Before we send you off after any criminals though, I need to make sure you are worth our time. Orcs, goblins, hobgoblins; they all infest these lands and make a hard time for the Baron’s plans. If you are truly worth your salt, each of you should have no problem tracking them down and thinning their population a bit. “

“I’ll pay a bounty of five gold for every goblin you slay, and ten gold for every orc or hobgoblin. If should happen across a bugbear, we pay twenty-five gold for them, but I doubt any of you could handle a beastie like that.”

“Bring back their ears, right ear only mind you, as proof of demise and you will be paid your share. You are welcome to keep or sell any weapons or armor you collect from them. Meet back here in three days time and we shall see if you are of future use to us. Happy hunting.”

Bragon steps off the platforms and strides back over to the side door, pulling it open, then stopping and turning back to the group, “And don’t try to trick me with any pig ears or the like. I’ve been doing this long enough to spot a fake.” With that he walks out of the room, closing the door behind him, making it very clear there will be no questions or further discussion.

And so it begins.

OOC Thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8579140

--Lime--
2010-05-30, 09:44 PM
Arten was pleased. They were getting straight down to the killing. Orcs? Goblins? Frankly, he didn't care what stained his blade, and the fact that he was getting paid just made things better.

Wasting no time, he heads straight out of the door and into the nearest woodland he can find. Let the killing commence.

tonberryking
2010-05-30, 10:05 PM
One of the half-orcs present tries not to wince too terribly, not only due to her easy resemblance to one of the bounty targets but also due to Bragon's early departure. She questions for a moment if she did something to ire the dwarf before brushing the idea out of her mind. Worry about something important.

Like the other bounty hunters.

Mido isn't a very tall person, and in fact almost looks like a regular human in orc make-up and green skin dye. The simple cross-bar hilt claymore over one shoulder looks old, and aside from her cloak and boots, everything else looks hand-me-down about the former neophyte's outfit and armor. Little was given to her even with help from her father's associates back at the temple she trained in. But she tries to look at least somewhat imposing and serious as she stands, giving the other novice hunters a once over. Best stay out of the other half orc's way, she notes, making a dark (if unknowingly correct) assumption... However...

"Good hunting to you all..." she intones with a polite nod, also heading out. She asks around the populace of any areas outside the city where orc and goblin-kin travel, unaware of the irony. Or that she may be in for trouble...

Gather Information: [roll0]

Sarom
2010-05-30, 10:10 PM
Selim silently leaves the room into the open air. He sniffs it in with disgust, sensing only the foul of his targets. He heads off, into the trees, knowing that he will find his prey from there.

His quarry shall not survive his wrath.

Not sure if I can start my rolls but I'll put it here nevertheless.
Spot:(For trails) [roll0]
Survival:(For tracking) [roll1]

Edit: I'm so going to cry if these rolls come to waste. :smallwink:

Lin Bayaseda
2010-05-30, 10:10 PM
A short, dark-haired and tanned woman stands up to survey the crowd. She doesn't seem very powerful or scary, and, had it not been for the wolf at her side, one might mistake her for a highschool dropout rather than adventurer.

So, there go our first trailblazers. Would any of you louts like to team up with me and Howler for strength in numbers, or are y'all as foolhardy as those?

Teddy
2010-05-31, 02:48 AM
Hmpf!

Samaelee stands in the corner and eyes the gathered crowd with a slight disdain. They're probably not worth his notice, but you can't be sure enough. Best to get going as soon as possible. He turns around and exits the room.

Best to head for the infested lands at once, and thin out the heard of vermin at once.

Survival to track down some enemies:
[roll0]

--Lime--
2010-05-31, 05:04 AM
Once in the forest, Arten begins crashing about the place, trying to search systematically to limit escape routes. Of course, this won't be easy, he's just one orc. His nose turning red and numb in the frost, making him glad of his cold-weather clothing, when an idea strikes him: instead of going to the orcs, why not make them come to him?!

While others might try being stealthy, Arten instead roars, beats his chest and throws up insults, and throws down challenges, in both Orc and Common at the top of his voice.

[[See relevant rolls in OOC thread since I screwed it up here]]

Shades of Gray
2010-05-31, 08:12 AM
Mute

A dark-haired woman looks at Tilani, nodding slowly. She has an old crossbow on her back and a handaxe hanging from her waist. She seems to have the gear of an adventurer, but not the demeanor or appearance.

The woman stands up to shake Tilani's hand. Of note is that the tips of her fingers seem to be slightly lighter and chalky.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-05-31, 10:10 AM
Hello.

Tilani shakes her newfound friend's hand. I am Tilani Duskshadow, what's your name?

Ah, I see you don't talk much. Well, talking is overrated anyway. Shall we go slaugter some Orc?

[[assuming Mute is ready to go, if not, will undo]]

In the woods, Tilani lets her wolf sniff for tracks. Let's see if Howler can pick us the scent of prey.

Wolf tracking [roll0] (edit: Bad Wolf! Bad!) (base DC for soft ground is 10, hard ground 15), if fails, will try again after 1 hour, repeating as many times as needed.

[roll1] <--- edit: Good Wolf! Good!
[roll2]
[roll3]

Shades of Gray
2010-05-31, 10:50 AM
Mute

When asked for her name Mute looked down at her feet nervously. The woman just nodded and tried to be polite as she followed Tilani, keeping an eye out for anything amiss.

[roll0]

WarBrute
2010-05-31, 12:13 PM
Sinfolty

A man in his early twenties stands in the room with a heavy scarf wrapped around his neck and mouth. Earth brown hair sticks out of his wool cap he we wears on his head and underneath the thick coat he wears a simple chain shirt gleams in the winter light. He sees the two women and the wolf head for the forest he follows behind them at a distance of about 50 feet. As he walks he pulls the bow from his back and quickly strings it.

Rolls

spot-[roll0]
listen-[roll1]
search-[roll2]

Woo fighters have crappy skills :smalltongue:

lord of pixies
2010-05-31, 02:09 PM
magnus

after the dwarf leaves. magnus heads into the town asking for info on were he could find a Bugbear. then he heads into the woods to search for one (or more).
gather information: [roll0] search [roll1] and survival [roll2]

tonberryking
2010-05-31, 03:34 PM
If Mido happens to see Magnus also inquiring about the bounty monsters, she makes an attempt to offer a joint force between herself and the monk, determining that he is not evil (with the expected means.)

jmanowen
2010-05-31, 08:50 PM
You all exit out into the town, the chill air making you shudder as you spilt separate ways, searching for tracks or information.

Arten enters the forest to the west, crashing and roaring, scaring all the wildlife within earshot. His curses and insults travel through the woods, reaching only the uncomprehending ears of lower intelligence creatures. A few hours pass by with no positive results for Arten.

Selim and Samaelee, each separately, find better results with their quiet approach. Selim, no more than half a mile northeast of town, finds the wide boot tracks of a handful of creatures, heading in the same direction he has been traveling. He has no problem following them through the woods, estimating the are about several hours ahead of him. Samaelee takes awhile longer to find tracks to the northwest, but after an hour or so of searching, finds a few sets leading north, not sure how long ago they were made.

Tilani and Mute, working together with Howler, tread into the eastern woods, letting the wolf lead the way. After wasting an hour following Howler, they realize he is hunting deer tracks, unable to comprehend what specifically he should be tracking. After some correction by Tilani, he picks up a new trail and after awhile, a Mute spots an clear imprint of a small boot in some damper soil. They are on the right path now.

Sinfolty, taking up pursuit behind Tilani and Mute, has an easier time of following them. Almost losing them in the dense forest, he spots them again as they double back after being misled by Howler. However this causes Mute to become aware of his presence behind them after she finds the boot print, spotting him fifty feet back. Unable to speak, she must let Tilani know of the print and the man behind them somehow.

Back in town, Mido and Magnus head opposite directions as they ask around for information. Mido is greeted by suspicion and unease with each person she approaches, but once they realize she is seeking to kill orcs and must be one of the new bounty hunters, they ease up slightly. After a few hours and spending a couple gold, Mido finds an injured dwarf in the local infirmary. He informs her that he was slashed in a raid at the mine to the north, and that he knows of a general area east of the mines that the hobgoblins are using as a hideout. Magnus is only able to find out very basic details, such as most of the orcs and goblins roam the areas north of the village and like to raid caravans and smaller settlements.

Mido approaches Magnus just after noontime, but is turned down. They both head north along the road, Mido splitting off towards the location the dwarf described, Magnus towards the west. While traveling, Magnus spots a rather large imprint in the ground, seeming half animal, half humanoid in its shape. Best guess would put it to be a bugbear track, but there are no other signs of tracks and he would be able to follow them anyhow.

It is now early afternoon and stomachs are growling. It has warmed up slightly, but the cold still bites at your bodies as you hunt.

Alright, the weather is just barely warm enough to not require any checks. But you will all have to find a way to eat for the day. You can use rations you are carrying or make a survival check. Mido and Magnus can eat in town before they leave, at whatever price of meal they want. They also both lose 2g for their Gather Info check.

Include those in your next post as you keep hunting.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-05-31, 08:58 PM
Tilani forages for food, and also sends Howler to hunt small game; hopefully he can come back with a rabbit or somesuch.

Survival checks:
Tilani [roll0]
Wolf: [roll1]

She also addresses her mute companion, Does that man following us freak you out as much as he does me? Shall we ask him to join us or send him away?

Shades of Gray
2010-05-31, 09:42 PM
OOC: Tilani hasn't noticed the man following them yet, so I am disregarding the latter half of your post.

Mute

The Mute readies her crossbow. She looks at the print, then back at the man. She taps Tilani's leg with her boot. She gestures with her head in the direction of the man.

Mute Readies an action to fire a warning shot if the man approaches any closer.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-05-31, 09:45 PM
Ahoy there, fellow! Forest not big enough for you?

WarBrute
2010-05-31, 09:51 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty's green eyes narrow as he watches the women stop ahead of him. He stops as the woman with the dark hair strings her bow. He remains silent and motionless.Then he pulls down the scarf revealing his mouth. He then reaches up with his hand and nibbles on a piece of hard tact he pulled from his pocket.

"Your wolf knows seems to know what its doing!" He yells back. His voice is ruff from lack of use. "And honestly I can't track if my life depended on it. Thought you girls could use some cover." He waves his long bow in the air.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-05-31, 09:54 PM
This is how you're covering for us? By sneaking behind us unseen? Look, you're either traveling with us, or traveling the other way, make up your mind. No more sneaking.

WarBrute
2010-05-31, 10:00 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty takes another bite of hardtack and chews slowly thinking. Dividing up the bounty three ways... was it even worth it then. Maybe. Less chance of dieing and he wasn't ready for that yet.

"Yeah. Yeah okay." He picks up his feet and jogs to catch up with them the rapier and dagger pair bouncing gently on his legs. "Names Sinfolty, by the way."

Sarom
2010-05-31, 10:23 PM
Selim grits his teeth in annoyance at the bitter cold. He eats a ration and examines the track again, before following it further. He assumes that these tracks are that of his quarry but he is not sure.

He looks around him as we walk; looking at nature, animals and the ground. Taking in what he sees, he tries to identify the type of being he's tracking.

Knowledge Nature: (To determine the reaction they animals got when they saw the being) [roll0]
Intelligence check: (To determine what being the tracks belong to) [roll1]
Survival Check: (Following the tracks still) [roll2]

Lin Bayaseda
2010-05-31, 10:25 PM
Tilani Duskshadow. And my companion here doesn't talk much, which is probably a smart idea, as most people are horrible listeners.

OOC
I assume the survival roll before were good enough to find the food we were looking for.

As Howler returns with a rabbit between its teeth, Tilani flicks the wolf on the nose playfully. You're getting old, my friend. A big hulking fighter in metal armor follows us, and you give no warning? I expect better next time.

WarBrute
2010-05-31, 11:41 PM
Sinfolty

"Well, I wouldn't say hulking..." He says finishing off his hardtack. "It's mostly the coat" He continues pulling said coat tighter across his chain shirt. He glances over at the silent woman. "So when you say 'doesn't talk much' do you mean not much or not at all?"

Lin Bayaseda
2010-06-01, 12:08 AM
Tilani shrugs as she skins the rabbit with the tip of her spear. Ask her yerself. Not talking to me, that's fer sure. She munches on the berries and the raw meat, rabbit-juices dripping down her chin. Rabbit anyone?

lord of pixies
2010-06-01, 02:08 AM
Magnus

while in town, Magnus bought supplies and a quicka snack for the road before heading out. Items bought: Rationsx4, flint and steel, and a pound of meat.

once in the woods, he settles down and builds a fire near the footprint, then cooks his meat. Occasionally he yells out in goblin "i got hot food here for those who want it!" if I do attract a target on our list, I invite it to sit and have it's fill of the meat. Then after it has eaten I will offer it a trade. Anything i can offer, for your right ear. i promise that it can be cut with a clean and sharp knife

for the diplomacy of it enjoying a meal and not just attacking me [roll0] and diplomacy for the bargain [roll1]

and if diplomacy fails i attack with my quarterstaff in two hands, quickly fallowed by a kick
initiative [roll2] quarterstaff 2-handed attack [roll3] damage [roll4] and unarmed (using flurry of blows) [roll5] and damage [roll6]

Teddy
2010-06-01, 03:39 AM
Samaelee

Can I determine how many tracks there are where I'm standing, and what creature it is that made them? And what is the condition of the ground in the area?

And, just a question, am I standing on what could be called a footpath, or did I stumble upon these tracks in the middle of the forest?

How I'm going to proceed is based quite much on the answers to these questions, but I'll try to make a list of priorities:

If the tracks seems hard to follow (firm ground or diffuse tracks), I'm going to follow them at half speed. Survival check: [roll0]

If it seems moderately hard (soft ground and not too diffuse tracks), I'm going to follow at half speed, taking 10 on the survival check.

If it seems really easy (very soft ground and not too diffuse tracks), I'm going to follow at full speed and taking the -5 penality, taking 10 on the survival check.

Taking 10 to forage and hunt for food, not expending any iron rations.

Listen check to hear enemies while tracking: [roll1]
Spot check to notice enemies while tracking: [roll2]

WarBrute
2010-06-01, 08:39 AM
Sinfotly

Sinfolty frowns looking at Tinlani eat, "I already ate." Looking over at the other woman he says, "So you at least have a name, don't you? If we are going to work together we need to be able to call you something."

--Lime--
2010-06-01, 06:16 PM
Arten gives up after shouting himself hoarse. That urge to kill had only been made stronger by anticipation, and so now begins to head east. Since the last tactic hadn't worked, he tries the opposite: moving silently.

Stalking back through the forest directly towards the town, he munches a ration as he goes, bypasses the town and explores the (hills? woods? marshes? mountains?) that lie to the east of the town.

Move silently: [roll0]. Passive spot: [roll1]. Passive listen: [roll2]. Ration deducted from character sheet. If I haven't said already, he carries his orc double axe in his hands as he is walking

Shades of Gray
2010-06-01, 06:22 PM
Mute

The mute woman doesn't hear Sinoftly's question, as she is already following the trail of bootmarks. She apparently wasn't listening to Tilani and the new man's conversation.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-06-01, 08:42 PM
Having finished munching on the wabbit, Tilani sets Howler back on track. She takes a moment to catch up with her mute companion and points at the wolf, then points at her nose.

Come on Howler, sniff us up some Orcs. These monsters need to be punished for their crimes against nature.
If necessary, moar Survival rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

jmanowen
2010-06-01, 08:45 PM
The day continues as you all search for your prey, to no success so far.

Arten, his original approach not working, begins to creep back east stealthily. As the hours draw on, he suddenly hears a loud twig snap behind him, turning to see a hulking orc a ways back, staring down at his foot, and then looking up, his red eyes glaring at him. Letting out a roar, suddenly two other orcs come into view to a ways to either side of him, all brandishing large swords.

Selim continues on his trail, coming to a small clearing with displaced brush in several spots, guessing this is where the band stopped to break. Finding a very clear bootprint in the soil, deep and wide, he is able to ascertain he is following orcs. And better yet, he is gaining on them.

Samaelee finds a similar site miles away, noticing the smaller, erratic prints leading all around before heading back north. Definitely seem to be goblins or some other small humanoids. Now that it is clear what to look for, he is able to follow them more quickly through the wild woods.

Tilani, Mute, and Sinfolty, after joining up, more after Howler once more. Mute immediately loses the trail, but the wolf seems to still be on it. Tilani and her pet are able to provide enough game and wild vegetation to feed everyone as they move onward.

Mido keeps to the directions the dwarf gave him, seeing nothing of concern, remembering that it would take a good day and a half to reach the rocky hills.

Magnus yells out his offer to all that can hear, but other than a few woodland critters, his words go unheard. The smell of the meat wafts outward, hanging in the air.

The sun starts to slowly disappear into the trees, and as the day draws to its end, the time comes for making evening plans, except for those who have a bigger, nastier problem glaring you in the eye.

Sarom
2010-06-01, 08:55 PM
Confident in his abilities, Selim rests for a few hours, waking up an hour after midnight. Eatign a ration, he continues tracking his prey, taking caution when he knows he's near them.

Survival:[roll0]
Move silently:[roll1]
Spot:[roll2]
Listen:[roll3]

lord of pixies
2010-06-01, 09:17 PM
Magnus

Magnus watches as the sun starts to go down. checking his pack, he notices that he forgot to purchase any torches or lanterns I KNEW i forgot something.

Magnus sighs and says to himself, looking around at his "camp" guess this is where i make camp

then he sits by his fire, wraps himself in his bedroll, and goes into trance two hours before and after midnight (for a combined total of) 4 hours, listening and watching for any movement.

spoiler listen [roll0] and spot before and after trance [roll1]

WarBrute
2010-06-01, 09:27 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty squints his eyes as he looks at the sun setting and slowly down his pace a bit. "Looks like it's going to be night soon." He says, his voice muffled by his scarf. He pulls his scarf down, "And I don't see us tracking much in the dark. What do you think? Want to make a camp soon?"

Lin Bayaseda
2010-06-01, 09:40 PM
Actually Howler doesn't mind. Tilani yawns, But I do. So let's make camp here.

tonberryking
2010-06-01, 11:22 PM
Mido finds a defensible spot near the mines that night before setting up a basic camp. She doesn't need a fire to see, and bundles up with her bow in her hand. She sleeps in a sitting position so hopefully she sleeps light. She arises before dawn, hopefully to do some better hunting...

Assuming nothing happens to her at night spot and listen checks for the morning: [roll0] [roll1]

--Lime--
2010-06-01, 11:24 PM
Arten smiled his yellowed teeth at the Orc. The insults he'd spent so many hours practising earlier sprang easily to his lips, and as he spat on the graves of their ancestors with his speech, he noticed two others lurking in the shadows.

He boldly strode nearer the creatures. They were angry, and wasted no time in hurling javelins at the intruder. As two fell wide, and one glanced off his armour, Arten confidently let forth a deep belly laugh. This only served to make them more irate, and as they roared, he charged.

The axe cut deep into the fist orc's chest, splitting ribs and sending viscera up the nearby tree. The body slumped heavily to the ground, but as Arten placed his foot on the corpse to retrieve his weapon, the other two were upon him. Now fighting on two fronts, he ducked a mighty swing for his head, and received a blow to his back. Thankfully, for a second time, his armour held firm, sparks lighting up the small hours.

Again, chuckling at their efforts, Arten showed the second orc exactly how one should behead a foe, but as its head tumbled to the floor half a second before its body, the third orc spotted an opportunity and took it. Working his way in through a gap in the armour under Arten's arm, exposed by his retaliation, the sword dug deep, and now it was the half-orc's turn to howl into the night in pain.

He spun, and the sword came out of his side, and out of the third orc's hands. Now unable to defend himself, he was almost carved in two by the greataxe crushing his skull. He was to have no cry of pain, merely an inescapable death at the hands of a superior warrior.

Looting the bodies for weapons and cash, Arten's silver knife flashed in the moonlight as he claimed their bloodstained ears as proof of his deeds. A quick check round revealed nothing, and he once again faded into the shadows, this time, heading for town.

WarBrute
2010-06-01, 11:30 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty nods. He lays his pack on the ground and unpacks a bedroll along with a thick woolen blanket. "We'll want a fire, otherwise we'll freeze in our sleep" He says pulling a bit of flint and steel from a pocket on his heavy coat. He gathers up some wood to begin a fire.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-06-02, 12:05 AM
Take the first watch, will ya, Sinfolty?

Tilani approaches her non-speaking companion, and points at her (the companion), then holds up two fingers, then points at her eyes. She then points at herself, holds up three fingers, and again points at her eyes.

Ah, nothing is more relaxing before bedtime than a good conversation

And with that, she curls up on an improvized bed of leaves, wolf at her side.

WarBrute
2010-06-02, 12:12 AM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty makes a general wave in acknowledgment of Tilani's request. He settles himself on his bedroll and leans against the trunk of a tree. He sighs and thinks staring into the dark woods surrounding their simple fire. She is rather quick to trust, she's lucky I'm not crazy

Teddy
2010-06-02, 08:50 AM
Samaelee

Samaelee searches the clearing for pretty much anything the goblins might have dropped or some clues on how long ago they were here. After that, he goes looking for a good tree to climb and trance in within a reasonable distance from the campsite. If there isn't such a tree, he's going to find a spot obscured from the camp site to trance on (such as behind/under some foilage, or behind a larger rock or a smaller hill.

Samaelee is not going to build a campfire, because it might attract enemies, and it's harder to build a campfire which lasts during the whole trance.

When he finishes trancing, Samaelee is going to pick up the trail again and continue to track the goblin vermin down.

I guess the poor illumination is going to make the tracking harder, so I figure there's no point in trying to swift-track the goblins before sunrise. I'd rather proceede slow but steady than lose the trail. I take 10 on every skill roll needed for my actions, except the searching for dropped stuff:

Search check: [roll0]

jmanowen
2010-06-02, 11:57 PM
After waking from his trance, Selim stalks off into the night after his prey. In the dark, the tracks become lost, but as he searches, he notices a small flicker of light in the distance. Moving towards it, knowing it’s the same direction the tracks were leading, he passes with hardly a sound. Coming upon a small campsite, Selim looks ahead to see a light fire, with 4 orcs sleeping around it. After a moment of watching, he also spots a fifth orc standing sentry several feet from the fire.

With his roasted meat offer failing, Magnus sets camp where he is and enters his trance long after dark. Deep in the world of reflection, He is stirred by a crunching noise nearby. Coming out of it, he looks around and spots a hulking bugbear creeping less than quietly towards him. Seeing the elf awake now, the bugbear abandons stealth and roars fiercely.

Enjoying more captured game, Tilani, Mute, & Sinfolty set in for the night, each taking watch though the night as they rest. Other than the sounds of a hooting owl and scampering deer, nothing eventful happens though the night.

Mido, setting up a cold camp in the rocky hills, has a long, shivering night in the wilderness, but the discomfort is luckily all that attacks her as she rests.
Burdened down by the weapons he acquired from the orcs, Arten makes his way back towards town. The weight isn’t a problem for him, just the awkwardness of carrying so many large objects. He finds respite as he also sets up camp for the night.

Samaelee, after scouring the area, doesn’t find anything, but can guess his quarry is less than a half-day ahead of him. Trancing in an equally cold manner as Mido, he wakes to follow the goblins once more. But with darkness and lightness of the tracks, he is unable to follow any further from his camp.

Everyone who didn't light a fire to sleep next to, please roll a Fort save to prevent cold damge for the night.

WarBrute
2010-06-03, 12:11 AM
Sinfolty

Sinfoltly wakes up and silently begins to pack up his blanket and bedroll. Finishing this he strings his bow.

"Hopefully we'll have better luck today finding our prey" He says more to himself than the others

Teddy
2010-06-03, 05:32 AM
Samaelee

Waiting for sunrise...

Everyone who didn't light a fire to sleep next to, please roll a Fort save to prevent cold damge for the night.

How much does a winter blanket help? Naturally, I'll use mine to keep myself warm.

Fort save: [roll0]
Add to this any circumstance modifiers from my winter blanket.

And, BTW, 4 hours of inaction shouldn't be as dangerous as 8 hours, just saying.

--Lime--
2010-06-03, 06:04 AM
+1 hp from sleep to give total of 4

[roll0] = +4fort+5clothing
EDIT: Also have a winter blanket, but assumed this would simply avoid a penalty.

In town: show the orc ears to everyone if it'll give me a bonus on any of these checks.

diplomacy check to sell the flachions, but not the javelins. [roll1]

Gather information to see if anyone knows particularly cheap healing. [roll2]

Gather information to find me more prey nearby! It has to be close enough for me to get back by the deadline.
[roll3]

Lin Bayaseda
2010-06-03, 08:02 AM
Well, let's keep tracking. Nature is on our side.
As many Survival checks as needed
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

WarBrute
2010-06-03, 11:57 AM
Sinfollty

Sinfolty follows Tilani quietly while keeping an eye and ear out for anything that might be lurking in the forest.

rolls

spot-[roll0]
listen-[roll1]

tonberryking
2010-06-03, 09:44 PM
[roll0]

Mido rises before the dawn, resenting the cold and breaks camp, searching the area around the mines heading the way the dwarf told her. She hopes she can keep ahead of her time limit as she moves from the mine.

[roll1][roll2] Spot and listen, respectively.

jmanowen
2010-06-04, 11:09 PM
Dawn comes and the earth begins to gradually warm. One day down and only a couple left to fulfill your bounty.

Tilani, Mute, & Sinfolty awake the next day, having made it through the night just fine. After a couple hours of sniffing around, Howler finally picks back up on the trail, leading the way.

Samaelee is able to stay warm in his blanket, also arising in the dawn to start off after his prey.

Arten makes it back to town, staying quite warm through the night. Showing his bounty to locals gets a mix of reactions, from pure disgust to mild praise, but does nothing for his current situation. While selling the swords, he actually offends the merchant by mistake, but is still able to get half their value. While asking about for healers, he gets the same reply from everyone, “The Abbey”. Natural healing is offered for free, but magical healing requires donation to the temple. He does hear reports of a band of hobgoblins that raided a caravan that was half a day away, to the east.

Mido suffers a bitter cold night, and has a hard time stopping her shivers in the morning. She makes her way to the spot the dwarf described, knowing it will taking some looking around to find the exact location.

Selim, his ambush having horribly failed, runs away into the night, the orcs finally calling off the chase after several minutes. A few arrows and several gold lighter, Selim is somewhat disappointed in himself.

Magnus is still locked in combat with a bugbear, late in the night.

Mido will take two subdual damage. The rest are spared.

And, BTW, by the book, I should make you make a Fort roll every hour of the night, and not just the night as a whole, just saying.

WarBrute
2010-06-05, 12:04 AM
Sinfolty

"Here we go again," Sinfolty says as Howler picks up the trail. He fiddles with the string on his bow while keeping his eyes open while they walk.

More rolls:

Spot-[roll0]
Listen-[roll1]

Sarom
2010-06-05, 12:34 AM
Growling in anger, Mordin looks for tracks again. This time aiming to find and kill goblins instead.

Search:[roll0]
Survial:[roll1]

--Lime--
2010-06-05, 02:53 AM
Arten, having offloaded the swords for a reasonable sum, heads to the abbey everyone tells him about. Once there, he follows whatever signs there might be directing him towards the healing. He asks around for the difference between magical and non-magical healing on offer, as well as expected donations.

On being told that it is only 10gp for magical healing, he readily tosses the coins in the donation bowl, and is soon back at his best. Heading back into town, he eats his fill and heads out East to where he was told of a raid on a caravan.

Though his lust for blood is mostly dormant, due to last night's slaughter, Arten can never be completely satisfied, and as he sets out, thinks And I get paid for this?!, chuckling contentedly and inwardly to himself.

He moves to near where the informant directed, and begins to scour the area silently, starting near the wreckage of the caravan and moving outwards in a spiral.

Okay, rolling time.
Search for tracks:
1d20-2
Survival to follow:
1d20-1
Move silently:
1d20+3
Passive spot:
1d20-1
Passive listen:
1d20-1
Hopefully his systematic approach will yield results even if he misses tracks.
The meal was a common meal, priced at 3sp in the SRD. Character sheet has been updated. Weapon in hand is a javelin.

--Lime--
2010-06-05, 09:12 PM
Sorry, had to double post to get rolls done. Copy paste from previous spoiler.
Okay, rolling time.
Search for tracks:
[roll0]
Survival to follow:
[roll1]
Move silently:
[roll2]
Passive spot:
[roll3]
Passive listen:
[roll4]
Hopefully his systematic approach will yield results even if he misses tracks.
The meal was a common meal, priced at 3sp in the SRD. Character sheet has been updated. Weapon in hand is a javelin

Teddy
2010-06-06, 04:05 AM
Samaelee

Samaelee greets the sunlight with a slight nod and heads out to track down those goblins.

You said that I would be able to track them much faster now. Does that mean that I find the tracks really easy to follow now? In that case, I take 10 to track them at full speed. If they aren't that easy to follow, I'll roll to track them at full speed, and if I fail, I'll take 10 to track them at half speed:

Survival: [roll0]

Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

tonberryking
2010-06-06, 09:12 AM
Trying not to sneeze and cursing her (now typical) bad luck, Mido continues along the path she's chosen for herself, not only keeping an eye out for trouble, she takes the time to even sling out a detect evil at any particularly dense patch of shadows or thickets...

[roll0][roll1] Spot/Listen

jmanowen
2010-06-06, 09:10 PM
The new day drags on as you all move about, the clear sky letting plenty of sunlight shine down.

The three companions follow their wolf as he closes in on the goblins, his body language showing they are very close, and just before noon, Mute spots movement about a hundred feet in front o0f the party.

Samaelee is able to find the trail and follow it at his regular pace, catching up to the group just before noon. As he rounds a tree, he spots the group stoped for a quick lunch, sitting in a circle, munching distractedly.

Heading east, Arten finds the spot that the ambush obviously took place, but is sadly unable to locate the direction in which the tracks lead.

Mido searches about the rocky hills, coming upon a large outcropping rock with a tunnel underneath, a single hobgoblin standing guard outside it. She waits for a moment and realizes she hasn’t been spotted.

After hours of searching about for new tracks, Selim is only to locate the orc tracks again.

Magnus defeats the bugbear, but injured and missing out on some sleep, it will be a hard day to get through.

Teddy
2010-06-07, 01:52 AM
Samaelee

Samaelee continues to hunt his pray until he catches up with them.

Samaelee is able to find the trail and follow it at a slow pace, but see’s signs he is only an hour or so behind them

Whoa, Survival DC was higher than I imagined, when a natural 20 on my survival check apparently wasn't enough. In that case, I'm going to take it slow but steady, and take 10 at my survival checks.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

EDIT: Due to some misconceptions, I seems as if I actually managed to track them at full speed. I guess that this might actually alter the outcome on when I manage to catch up with them, so I'm going to wait for a response on if I do so or not, before throwing around more survival checks.

Spot and listen checks still stands, though, even though they're pretty average.

lord of pixies
2010-06-07, 01:56 AM
After the bugbear had crashed into Magnus' camp, Magnus tied to reason with it. Before he could get the word's out, however, the bugbear charged Magnus, hitting him with his morning star. Magnus responded by hitting the beast square in the chest, stunning the creature and causing it to drop it's weapon. Magnus then fired off two quick jabs. One hit the bugbear Square in the jaw while the other merely bounced off of the Bugbear's leather armor. As the Monster went to pick up his morning star Magnus swung and missed, but was able to catch the creature on his way up. the Bugbear fell backwards, unconscious. Magnus wasted no time slitting the creature's throat.

After searching the body, magnus takes the money, the jewel, and the dead beast's weapons and shield. He then retrieves his trophy (the Bugbear's right ear) and, after outing his campfire and shifting his pack so it wouldn't rub against his wound, heads back towards town.

Once he makes it to town he finds the local Weapon smith and sells the morning star and the shield (keeping the javelin for himself). then he sells the Jewel at the appropriate shop, trying his beast to get his money's worth.

diplomacy on the jewel buyer [roll0] if i need any other rolls to find the places i went, let me know, but i figure the main shops wouldn't be too hard to find

Sarom
2010-06-07, 03:21 AM
Selim sighs in resignation and follows the Orc tracks.

Survival[roll0]

--Lime--
2010-06-07, 05:19 AM
Arten snorts angrily. He knows the tracks he found will lead somewhere - or that he's walking into an ambush just by waiting around the wreckage. Now irritated, he is itching to kill the hobgoblins for making things difficult.

He decides to try following the tracks againthe area again, just as before, but taking more time.

If I can take 20 on the survival check, I will, moving at half speed.

If not, here is another roll.

Survival to follow:
[roll0]
Move silently:
[roll1]
Passive spot:
[roll2]
Passive listen:
[roll3]

Teddy
2010-06-07, 02:56 PM
Samaelee

Whispered to self:
And so, it begins.

Samaelee watches the gathered group, and looks for a good place to attack them from. He looks for a tree that fits his purpose.

How many are the goblins? How well-armed?
Spot check (if necessary): [roll0]

Since the goblins seems distracted enough to not do any unneccessary rolls, I take 10 on both hide and move silently, for a total of 17 on both.

I take 10 on the climb check to climb a suitable tree, for a total of 15.

If everything proceeds smothly, I'll probably attack.

WarBrute
2010-06-07, 08:20 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty continues forward his eyes wandering around the edges of the woods, but completely oblivious to the movement ahead.

tonberryking
2010-06-07, 08:48 PM
She has the drop on the hobgob. Sticking her greatsword and one other arrow in the dirt within reach, Mido thanks her luck (silently) as she also silently loads and arrow to her short bow and takes a shot. She doesn't think she'll have the luck to take a third, if not a second shot, so she prepares to charge the hobgoblin down. [roll0] This counts as a flat-footed attack, so hopefully it won't miss...Damage: [roll1]

WarBrute
2010-07-06, 12:56 AM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty continues forward unaware of the movement then suddenly he is hit by a sudden headache. He fell to a knee, but then the pain left just as suddenly. He shakes his head and looks forward and sees the movement. "Did you see that!" He whispers to his companions. He waits for a reply, but there is only silence. He swivels to see that his companions were gone.

But of coarse he should have realized. A mute girl and a women with a wolf, ridiculous. Just phantoms of his mind again. He shakes his head and reaches to put his hand on his rapier- no wait, flail, he fights with a flail. And his pole arm. Good, right that's right there strapped on his back. It all didn't matter though. His pry is ahead. He crouches down, knocks an arrow and move quietly forward.

Rolls

Hide- [roll0]
Move Silently- [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-06, 01:47 AM
Sinfolty

You advance foward, and chance upon the oddest sight. The woods clear to reveal an open area, and in this open area there are several floating monoliths, 3 stones of at least 2 metres in hieght, covered in glowing blue runes. Each is bloodstained, with slight claw marks on them. You spot several tracks around the edges of the clearing, and each monolith is tied to another by a vine rope.

Lol, I know, it's a little random. Descipher script If you want, spellcraft could work.

WarBrute
2010-07-06, 07:48 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty pulls up short looking at the strange floating stones. He approaches cautiously, putting his arrow back in his quiver. "More phantoms of my mind?" He whispers. His mind flashes back to his childhood. Perhaps these were something similar to his parents powers.

I don't have spell craft... but I do have Psi Craft! So let's see if that works.

Psi Craft Check
[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-06, 07:57 PM
Sinfolty

With alil knowledge of psionic power, you can tell the floating stones are magical in nature. Recognizing a lil, you spot a sigil similar to the psionic script for "air" - though you can't tell much else. The stones hover and sometimes dip a few centimetres, but rise back a bit.

Go on, Touch it. I dare you. :smallbiggrin:

WarBrute
2010-07-06, 08:08 PM
Sinfolty

He stares at the psionic script for a few seconds. Without even realizing it he had stows away his bow and pulls out his Guisarme from it's strap. The sharp blade gleams in the light reflecting from the snow. He felt anger rising in his chest the faces of his parents in his eyes. He lets out a yell and brings down the blade at the vines.

So yeah, he tries to cut the vines connecting the stones. I guess this is what he gets for being both Aggressive and Vulnerable :smalltongue:

Cadian 9th
2010-07-06, 08:35 PM
Sinfolty

As you attack the vines, they break, the stones bobble about, floating freely. However, when one stone rises up, another dips sharply! You spot a spider crawling across the rope towards you. A slight hissing can be heard.

WarBrute
2010-07-06, 08:42 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty steps back from the rope and spider. As he does so he drops his pole arm and draws his flail. "What in the hell is that." He says aloud. He hefts the flail and readies to smash the spider if it gets in with in reach.

WarBrute
2010-07-06, 08:44 PM
Might as well throw in another psi craft check to see if I detect any magic/psi around the spider

Psi Craft

[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-06, 08:47 PM
It's just a spider. :smallwink:

Although, as you watch, the stones all crash to the ground, making an alarming smashing sound that echoes through the forest. You hear roars and anger of distress as the fallen stones crumble, making a wailing noise. Inside each rock is pure blue energy, condensed and solidified. You spot some kind of shell crab inside each stone, about twice as big as you hand, and that's just a shell. They haven't moved yet.

Perception checks, plz. Lol.

WarBrute
2010-07-06, 08:53 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfoltly brings his flail closer to his chest looking around. It was stupid, why was he always doing these stupid things.

Rolls

Spot-[roll0]
Listen-[roll1]

Damn his lack of wisdom *shakes fist*

Cadian 9th
2010-07-06, 08:58 PM
Sinfolty

You look around and see nothing but a herd of incoming, stampeding, terrifying warbeasts!. You are entittled to dodge if you wish!

Your knowledge of Psicraft helps you little at the moment, though you are sure that the stones are in defiance of reality and therefore can identify the blue crystals inside the stones to be similar to power stones, though not as easily accessed. Should you win this fight, you may be able to crack them and get them to work for you.

EDIT: I've got some stuff I need to work on, so cya for today.

WarBrute
2010-07-06, 09:01 PM
Any chance I can get number of "warbeasts " and maybe some kind of map?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-06, 09:06 PM
Sinfolty
The map is a 50ft by 50ft square, beyond that it's difficult terrain. The stones lie at B4, F7 and H6. The warbeasts are coming in a wall from A, you can't yet tell how many there are... More than 4.

You are at G8. I'll give you a hint. Make a reflex save, or make a will save. up to you.

I gotta go and get some stuff done. Cya for today, thanks!

Map
{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_
1|
2|
3|
4||S
5|
6||||||||S
7||||||S
8|||||||X
9|
10|[/table]

WarBrute
2010-07-06, 09:12 PM
Sinfolty

Battle. War. Violence. He was home. He steeled himself for the incoming beasts. He jumps to the side swinging the flail above his head, "Yes, come! Charge to your deaths!"

rolls

Thanks for the maps, it'll work great

Reflex save- [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-07, 07:31 PM
Sinfolty

As the wall of beasts rushes at you, you are caught by the powerful charge!

Make a will save :D

WarBrute
2010-07-07, 08:46 PM
Sinfoltly

"Hnngh!" The man grunts as he is caught by the charge.

roll

[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-07, 09:06 PM
Sinfolty

You realize that said stampede was in fact an illusion, though it served it's purpose. An Orcish shaman-type enters the clearing, wearing the cloak of an antelope and bearing a staff of bone. Glowing blue bracers can be seen, as well as a helm that looks like some kind of insect's face, complete with mandibles. He lifts his head to the skies and lets out a shriek, a trill that batters your mind!

If you make an Arcana know check, you could find out what this guy is doing. But, for now, make a will Save!

Map:
1|||||O
2|
3|
4||S
5|
6||||||||S
7||||||S
8|||||||X
9|
10|[/table]

O is the Orc. You are X.

WarBrute
2010-07-07, 09:33 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty throws his free hand up to his temple and squints his eyes trying to fight off the shriek

Will save Part 2!

[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-07, 10:01 PM
You suceed! Your turn!

WarBrute
2010-07-07, 10:19 PM
Sinfoltly

"Your powers won't work on me orc!" He yells and hefting his flail. He charges forward an brings his flail down at the shaman.

Actions/Rolls

Charge to F2

Attack Roll with flail [roll0]
Damage Roll with flail [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-07, 10:42 PM
The Orc roars as you charge him, trying to throw you off, but you flail strike true, crippling him with a mighty blow!

He reacts to step back and breathe frost on you, a ray of intense cold from his mask. He does something odd with his glowing blue bracers and they glow brighter while his helm glows less.

ray attack roll, [roll0] for [roll1] cold damage. You've probably realized now, he's a Totemist//Druid. Which means...

A howl echoes as a wolf leaps at you from the side, sinking his teeth into your leg. With a careful twist, the wolf tries to shove you over to trip you, but fails to even touch you. Obviously it was expecting you to be stunned.

Wolf attack: [roll2] for [roll3] and trip attempt: [roll4]

Map
1||||O
2||||||X|W
3|
4||S
5|
6||||||||S
7||||||S
8|
9|
10|[/table]

WarBrute
2010-07-07, 11:43 PM
Sinfoltly

The ray of ice hits Sinfoltly in his chest. He is halted, but still manages to doge the wolf's bite. Ignoring the wolf he steps forward and swings his flail at the orc's legs in an attempt to trip him.

Action/roll

5-foot step to e1

Trip touch attack with Flail [roll0]
Strength check [roll1]

If he trips

Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage : [roll3]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-08, 09:25 PM
Sinfolty

The Orc dodges your flail, then barks a command to the wolf. The Orc Trills again, battering your will! Then the wolf pounces, aiming for your ankle again to trip you up!

Yeah, will save again PLZ.

WarBrute
2010-07-08, 10:00 PM
Sinfolty

[not much rping to do here :smalltongue:]

Rolls

Will save-[roll0]

... things aren't looking up for Mister Sinfoltly

Cadian 9th
2010-07-09, 02:57 AM
Sinfolty

You feel a numbness as you are stunned... The wolf still misses you, as your trajectory stops and it's aim is off.

for [roll0] rounds. Wolf attacks with [roll1] for touch AC, following up with a trip of [roll2].

I think you are knocked prone :D

WarBrute
2010-07-09, 10:28 AM
So he's stunned for 4 rounds and knocked prone?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-09, 07:15 PM
Nope, just stunned, Wolf still manages to roll a 2 or something useless :smallbiggrin:

Sinfolty

After knocking you out for a little while, the Orc and his wolf leave you and go to inspect the fallen stones. The orc touches the blue stones, staggers a bit... Then the crab shaped thing inside scuttles out and slices the orc across the chest! The wolf leaps to defend the orc, but is unable to penetrate the armour, and receives a nasty wound in return. You recover to see the Orc standing on his last legs...

Your turn!

WarBrute
2010-07-11, 01:48 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty hesitates for a moment watching the orc fight the crab thing. Why had the orc let him live, was he that foolish. At the same time he felt an urge to smash the crab thing as well. Shaking his had he charged forward and swung the flail down towards the orcs back.

I'm going to rule I have enough room to charge.

Attack roll- [roll0] ....2, I rolled a 2....
Damage- [roll1]

Also sorry of the delay, some how I missed your update

Cadian 9th
2010-07-12, 08:56 PM
Sinfolty

Your flail misses the Orc as he trips foward, bleeding heavily. The Crab thing attacks the Orc again, this time about to seal the deal...

It's attack: [roll0] dealing [roll1] damage.

..And it does, cutting the orc down. It rips off his head and brings it into its crystal place. You recall how valuable the orcs head will be, what with the mask and all that. They'll know he was a important orc.

You receive 650xp!

Your turn!

WarBrute
2010-07-12, 09:23 PM
Sinfoltly

Sinfoltly stands back looking down at the crystal, becoming aware of how injured he was from the fight. He stows his flail and walks to retrieve his pole-arm. Picking it up he glances back at the crystal, thinking how his parents would use crystal in their many curses. He feels an urge to smash the thing, but it did save his life after all.

Feeling a bit silly he speaks, "...Excuse my creature. Can you understand me? Can you speak?"

Cadian 9th
2010-07-12, 10:06 PM
Sinfolty

The Crab thing looks at you slightly with it's eyes, not moving from its place next to the Orcs head. Its shell looks ridiculously thick. Very slightly, it seems to nod, but that could be a trick of the light.

Know: Psi might actually help you here.

WarBrute
2010-07-12, 10:28 PM
Sinfotly

Sinfolty smiles despite himself and kneels by the crystal. "Well, then. I would very much like to trade for the head of that Orc. Perhaps their is something you want from me or want me to get you?"

Knowledge:Psionics would be helpful... if Sinfolty was trained in it. :smalltongue:

Cadian 9th
2010-07-12, 10:34 PM
Sinfolty

The Crab thing skitters up, showing its legs and claws. It stands up on 4 legs and stands relatively straight, and glows a bit. Reaching into its carapace, it pulls and taps until a small rolled up piece of paper falls out. It picks it up in a claw and, placing it on one of it's feelers, holds it out to you. It's eyes look slightly amused.

Do you likes this quest vendor :smallbiggrin:

WarBrute
2010-07-12, 11:49 PM
Sinfolty

Still feeling a bit apprehensive about the small creature, Sinfolty reaches out slowly and takes the slip of paper. He unrolls it and looks it over.

Defiantly not the average tavern owner. I like it :smallbiggrin:

Sinfolty on the other hand hate psionics (and magic as well since he doesn't truly understand the difference, yet anyway.) So this will allow for some fun RPing opportunities

Cadian 9th
2010-07-13, 12:34 AM
Sinfolty

You roll out the parchment to reveal a map. The map details some kind of cave complex that has some kind of temple-like place at the end of the corridors. A slight marking is in the temple-place's drawing, labelled " Ley-line gate. "

The Crab pushes a stone to you, a power stone of some strange nature. The crystal glows a little faintly, then makes a wierd chittering sound just like the Crab did. The crab looks at you, tilting its head like a puppy dog.

The Mapped area is about 750ft in a square area. The temple area takes up a 200ft square.

WarBrute
2010-07-13, 11:51 AM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty frowns down at the map trying to puzzle out what it meant. "Okay so you want me to, go to this gate and... what." He picks up the stone and looks it over.

Address the power stone.

Psicraft check- [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-13, 07:15 PM
Sinfolty

As you push a small ammount of psychic power into the stone, you feel a brush against a faint living being. It becomes apparent, as you probe the thing, that its a living organism that is, for want of a better word, halfway between birth and death. To say, it is a dying egg.

The Crab nods.

WarBrute
2010-07-13, 08:30 PM
Sinfolty

Gripped by a sudden feeling of urgency he stands. "Ow..." He feels a bit off balance, but rights himself. "I guess it make since once I get inside the temple, aye" Glances up to check the time of day. "Do you want to at least point me in the direction of this place."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-13, 09:06 PM
Sinfolty

The Crab raises a claw, but can't raise it any higher - falling over with a skitter. It rolls back over, and then manifests a beam of pure energy, pointing east. Several trees fall over. Definately a wierd crab.

WarBrute
2010-07-13, 09:28 PM
Sinfolty

"Okay then. Once I'm done with this I can head back and rest back out town." He puts the stone in his pack and slides the map into his belt. Holding his polearm tightly he heads into trees where the crab pointed.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-14, 07:50 PM
Okay, I'll be moving you along now.

Sinfolty

You advance through the woods, tramping through the undergrowth. A couple of times you spot a few deer, you may attack them if you wish. Aside from that, the sky is blue when you see it and the terrain is going up slightly. You can smell water within 30 minutes walking, hear faint water crashing.

WarBrute
2010-07-14, 08:09 PM
Sinfolty

He heads for the sound of falling water, ready for a break and a drink. He tries to keep an eye for movement as he approaches, water might draw hostiles as well.

spot- [roll0]
listen- [roll1]

Smell water? :smalltongue:

Cadian 9th
2010-07-14, 08:20 PM
Yeah, you can smell water. well, waterfall anyway.:D

Sinfolty

Moving up to the waterfall, you chance upon the most amazing sight. Cascades of water smash into the lake below, a pristine lake where you can see lovely fish swiming around. The birdsong is peaceful, and the roar of the waterfall, while distracting, adds to the natural peace of the place.

Keeping alert, you spot a small squirrel nipping at the water, then darting away. Glancing into the water, you spot that the fish look rather strong and tough, with quite sharp teeth. Heck, some of them even have knives and guns. Okay, that last part was a joke. They still look dangerous.

WarBrute
2010-07-14, 08:36 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty frowns as the image of a fish latching on to his face enters his mind. He shakes the thought of him rolling around on the ground screaming from his head and steps forward. Getting to the waterfall he looks it over trying his best not to get too close to the menacing fish.

OK so he tries to search for anything of interest near/on/behind the waterfall while staying 5 feet away from the water's edge

search-[roll0]

Also, about what time is it in game?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-14, 08:48 PM
Sinfolty

Going around the edges, you inspect the area around the waterfall. Perring into the water fall, you can hear slight differences and amplifications, giving you a hunch that there's some kind of cavern behind the waterfall. However, if you want to inspect it, you'll have to appear there somehow, wether by jumping, swimming, roping or something else.

On the subject of time, what would you like it to be? :smallbiggrin:

WarBrute
2010-07-17, 11:58 PM
Sinfolty

Sinfolty steps back away from the waterfall thinking. I probably could make the jump... but I just wish I could see where I was going. He looks back down at the menacing fish. Well if I'm going to get this rock to where it belongs..

Walking back 20 feet, Sinfotly stops, turns and runs at the waterfall and jumps as far as he can.

Jump-[roll0]

You've got to be kidding me :smallfurious:

Cadian 9th
2010-07-18, 08:11 PM
Ahh, sorry dude...

DM

You take a mighty running leap, but at the last moment, the ground crumbles beneath your feet and you slip foward, losing balance and falling into the water. As if in joy, the nearby fish, who had been paying attention to the animals on the opposite bank, leap up out of the water, splashing back and swimming towards you with slow malice. You've got an opportunity to act before they get here, but this one'll be a challenge.

You should be fine. Just watch your feet.

WarBrute
2010-07-18, 10:41 PM
How deep is the water? Is he standing or swimming at this point?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-18, 11:10 PM
I'll say Swimming. You've just recovered from the fall, taking no damage. The fish want to play with you but won't be there till next round, so you have a turn to react.

WarBrute
2010-07-18, 11:35 PM
Sinfolty

Panicking Sinfolty suddenly feels something click in his head. He strikes out for the waterfall and attempts to climb up into the cavern.

rolls

climb check-[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-07-18, 11:50 PM
You successfully navigate the rocks and climb to the waterfall. Standing on a rock, the fish cannot reach you, so they lose interest and swim away. It'll be hard to balance on the way in and the water will be heavy on you...

You haven't used any psionics yet! A Precognition woulda helped you :D or Psionic weapon?

I have an odd feeling that you changed your sheet. Did you, or is it still a Psion/Fighter?

Cadian 9th
2010-07-29, 08:24 PM
*bump* pokes to see if it lives.

WarBrute
2010-07-29, 08:34 PM
Oh wow. Sorry. I've been focused on starting up my own game I seemed to miss your last update. (computer problems haven't helped either)

Can we just put this on hold for maybe another week until I get a new keyboard for my laptop? I'm borrowing my roommate's and he's not very generous with how much time I get. :smallannoyed:

Cadian 9th
2010-07-29, 08:43 PM
Oh wow. Sorry. I've been focused on starting up my own game I seemed to miss your last update. (computer problems haven't helped either)

Can we just put this on hold for maybe another week until I get a new keyboard for my laptop? I'm borrowing my roommate's and he's not very generous with how much time I get. :smallannoyed:

Sure thing, post when ready. I'll still be here, what's your game?

Dante

WarBrute
2010-07-30, 10:12 PM
Children of the New World, a 4e game. It's the first game I've ever DM'd in my personal homebrew world. (Also first time Dming a PbP game)

Cadian 9th
2010-07-31, 02:32 AM
Children of the New World, a 4e game. It's the first game I've ever DM'd in my personal homebrew world. (Also first time Dming a PbP game)

Well, wish you luck!
Lemme know if you have any questions, as I feel moderately experienced in PbP DMing. Also, please tell me if you find awsome. :smallbiggrin:

Dante