PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] Cleric-Archer Spells

Dervag
2010-05-31, 02:52 AM
Can anyone suggest a list of buffs or other spells that would be useful for an archery-oriented 15th level cleric? I'm not interested in feats or items, those are nailed down, but I can still change my spell line-up.

The cleric has Quicken Spell and Extend Spell, for the record.

Note that because this is an archer (yes, yes, suboptimal, I know, I know), buffs that only improve melee combat performance (say, by increasing Strength) are not useful.

sofawall
2010-05-31, 02:54 AM
Well, with that one elf-god bow in the MIC, you can get a automatic scaling bonus from STR, so that's helpful.

Well, the classic full BAB is nice.

AslanCross
2010-05-31, 02:57 AM
If your bow is a composite strength bonus plus bow, strength will help. Thus, Divine Power is still a good option.

Saintheart
2010-05-31, 03:23 AM
True Strike springs to mind, but it's Sorcerer/Wizard only...

There's Blessed Aim from the SpC, which is kind of on point, and it's a clerical spell, albeit only +2 or so.

Eldariel
2010-05-31, 03:45 AM
Core:
Divine Power
Divine Favor
Righteous Might

That's the basic trio (may be worth picking Persistent Spell up just for Divine Favor & al. though mind stacking issues). After that, go:

The Others:
Righteous Wrath of the Faithful
Recitation (do note stacking issues with Divine Favor, however)
Divine Agility (if not using Zen Archery)
Holy Transformation
Visage of the Deity
Blessed Aim
Surge of Fortune [CChamp]

Also, of course, Greater Magic Weapons and such but that's obvious. There's more, but that should get you started. And yeah, Bow of the Winterymoon or Energy Bow (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a) allows you to benefit of any amount of Str. Otherwise, just buy one for your "buffed-up Strength".