PDA

View Full Version : Matching Character Concepts with Classes

Cogidubnus
2010-05-31, 04:03 AM
I have a sort of half-baked character idea for a character who's really good with weapons, all weapons, and just picks from a variety to get the most effective or simply stylish for a given situation. Wondered if people had any idea about building this character?

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-31, 04:10 AM
I have a sort of half-baked character idea for a character who's really good with weapons, all weapons, and just picks from a variety to get the most effective or simply stylish for a given situation. Wondered if people had any idea about building this character?

This is basically the Warblade... at least for Melee weapons. Just get "Exotic Weapon Proficiency" one time. Add Knowledge Devotion and a good Int to power the various special abilities that Warblades get.

Herbstfarben
2010-05-31, 04:10 AM
Pathfinder Fighter.
Alternativly reflavored Wizard (That Web spelll is in reality a bola and the fly spell is two lances used creativly as stilts).

AslanCross
2010-05-31, 04:15 AM
This is basically the Warblade... at least for Melee weapons. Just get "Exotic Weapon Proficiency" one time. Add Knowledge Devotion and a good Int to power the various special abilities that Warblades get.

This is what I was thinking, too. Get a dip in Fighter for ranged weapon profs. The Warblade can practice for an hour every morning to have his Weapon-specific feats apply to others, so it's pretty cool.

Eldariel
2010-05-31, 04:21 AM
This is what I was thinking, too. Get a dip in Fighter for ranged weapon profs. The Warblade can practice for an hour every morning to have his Weapon-specific feats apply to others, so it's pretty cool.

Better yet, you can skip weapon specific feats entirely (though EWP would help) and be efficient regardless of what you wield so it's mostly down to what you feel like is your "weapon du jour", which I think is what the OP is going for.

Chineselegolas
2010-05-31, 04:24 AM
Keep in mind Master of Masks from Complete Scoundrel, specifically the Gladiator mask. Proficiency with all martial and exotic weapons.
Sure will be a bit tougher to get into it, but proficiency with ALL exotic weapons

Edit:
And for convenience, here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070105a&page=3) is Master of Masks in an excerpt

Optimystik
2010-05-31, 04:35 AM
A Psychic Warrior/War Mind can model this easily, especially with the "Call Weaponry" power to literally pull whichever weapon he wants out of thin air.

Cogidubnus
2010-05-31, 04:46 AM
If anything's not in the SRD, can you please say where it's from? (Haven't had problems so far, it's just I don't know my books back to front and it makes looking things up a lot easier if people tell me where to look).

Optimystik
2010-05-31, 04:52 AM
Warblade is ToB, Master of Masks has been sourced.
Everything else so far is in the SRD. (Pathfinder has its own.)

Cog
2010-05-31, 09:39 AM
Binder, from the Tome of Magic, gets a midlevel vestige which grants all-weapon proficiency as well (it is one of the online ones). They can be decently effective melee characters if your group isn't too optimized; many of the vestiges offer melee buffs that can help make up for you not being able to keep an array of different weapons all up to spec. at higher levels.

Riffington
2010-05-31, 09:54 AM
At least consider Drunken Master (Complete Warrior) for proficiency in nonstandard weapons such as the pool cue or broken bottle.

Hand_of_Vecna
2010-05-31, 10:49 AM
Check the line of Concentration check as damage diamondmind manuevers. hey let you do solid damage with literally anything so you can drive a fish through someone's skull if you really want to.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-05-31, 10:53 AM
Haberdash the Masked? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88633)