PDA

View Full Version : The Bastion: Rise of the Black Paladin

Cuaqchi
2010-05-31, 10:26 AM
As the group of six sat in the auditorium they had the briefest of moments to look around before the man they would soon know as their boss entered. Lining the back wall were the men of SOLDIER, dressed in their armoured uniforms of navy and gold, and standing at ease waiting for the general. To the front of the room was the rostrum, and a massive video screen which presently bore the chosen emblem for the Bastion alongside the one for SOLDIER.

A short horn sounded as the back doors swung open, an instant which to all present was probably practised to the point habit as every person along the back wall moved to a position of attention with a sudden bang as their right feet simultaneously struck the reinforced steel floor. The man who entered wasn't the imposing figure that people would expect, but instead was a man who carried himself with a presence unmatched by all but the most imposing of supers.

Upon reaching the rostrum at the front and taking his position to address the gathering the soldiers along the back wall returned to their at ease position, waiting for the orders they knew would come.

"I would like to welcome you all to the Fortress," The man said, looking around the room at the gathered heroes. My name is General Qin, and as of this moment I am your superior officer and your only employer. You have been selected for varying reasons, but all of you shall in time learn what sorts of heroes this world needs. In the coming days you will have time to learn your surroundings and gain a feel for this headquarters, and when it is time for your first deployment we shall have commissions ready for all of you as members of SOLDIER."

He took a short look around, taking a moment to stare down the six heroes before asking, Are there any questions before I leave you to your other duties?"

OOC:
If this were a movie imagine Jet Li as General Qin, your 'Nick Fury'esque character is going to be Chinese. :smallbiggrin:

industrious
2010-05-31, 02:44 PM
Outis stared at the other heroes in the room. They all seemed to follow that same flashy logic that was so beloved of his rival. Loud costumes that caught the eye and annouced their presence to the world.

His took the opposite approach. While one got the impression of a gray suit, a fedora, a trenchcoat, one would inevitably fail to fully take Outis's features in. He seemed to be perpetually in the corner of your eye. Just barely noticable.

He raises an eyebrow at the speech, but says nothing. He already knew what sort of hero the world needed. A practical one.

tynger1234
2010-05-31, 03:05 PM
Pendragon stands with an almost an aura of superiority over the other heroes, looking them over trying to figure out why they too are here. The one who stood out the most was Outis, the only hero who tried not to be noticed was the one who stood out the most.

Pendragon seemed like the obvious champion of virtue and law, wearing silver chain adorned with golden plates. Above the armor he wore a navy tunic decorated with 3 crowns, stacked over eachother. At his side wase a Jewel encrusted sword made of the brightest and most precious of metals, alone it is probably worth a king's ransom. His helmet completely covers his face and is topped with an elaborate golden crown.

When Qin enters and says his speech he listens intently and raises his hand slightly. "What are our duties working for the Bastion, is the leader you, and if not who?"

OOC: What do the symbol for the Bastion and SOLDIER look like?

Malfunctioned
2010-05-31, 03:12 PM
A young olive-skinned man sat with a black and yellow helmet on his lap, his left hand drumming on it lightly. His short curly hair framed his face and the sound of humming issued from his closed mouth.

"Just one, who are these guys?" Castor motioned to the other costumed people around him.

Cuaqchi
2010-05-31, 08:33 PM
"As per duties your shall be the superpowered arm to my organization." Qin answers, looking to the swordsman. "In terms of rank and position that is still to be determined, you shall all be officers of SOLDIER responsbile to me and any of your superiors. Between each other however there are still certain issues to work out, and when the time comes you will know who is to take command in the field."

industrious
2010-06-01, 03:38 PM
Outis gives a slight, almost imperceptible nod of his head at the General's words.

"What issues?"

His voice is very quiet; it is similar to the rest of him. Not distinctive in any way. Bland.

Cuaqchi
2010-06-02, 08:46 AM
"We must know how your group fares when working as group," Qin says, "As well as needing to decide on a group leader for battlefield decisions. I will not choose someone here only to discover that they are incapable of handling the difficulties that shall present themself in the field."

industrious
2010-06-02, 01:22 PM
"Then what?" Outis sticks his hands in the pockets of his trenchcoat.

"We practice against a squad of your finest?"

LoP
2010-06-02, 05:58 PM
Dexter Jeremiah is in his own world, lolling his head around gently to the beat of whatever is playing out of his preposterously large set of headphones over equally preposterously dense dreadlocks. Even though he's dressed in loose robes like some modern day monk, his hairstyle and dark skin place him as an apparent native of the Caribbean, except for his oddly large eyes and markings on his cheeks and arms that are too orderly to be freckles.

Noticing everyone chatting around him, he lifts a headphone from one of his ears with a long, tapered finger, revealing pointed ears. He looks like some alien Rastafarian.

"Scooz me, guys," he says in fairly understandable patois, "sorry fer interruptin', but when we be gettin' some grub? Imma hungry somethen fierce now."

Cuaqchi
2010-06-02, 10:56 PM
"It shall really depend upon what I feel must be tested but there may be some combat simulations." Qin answers, "And once everything is taken care of you shall be deployed as required against threats deemed to great for normal men to handle."

Turning to look at Dexter, Qin only smiled. It was a rather odd smile though, seemingly empty of emotion while still answering the man's desires. When he turned back to the group waiting for any further questions a sandwich was dropped infront of the Rastafarian. "Hopefully that can tide you over until we are finished here."

Malfunctioned
2010-06-03, 12:07 PM
"And when will that be?" Castor pauses for a second. "Until this is finished, I mean. 'not trying to be rude but boardroom meetings isn't really what I expected when I signed up for a superhero team." He says turning towards General Qin.

Imbasel
2010-06-03, 03:33 PM
Better, boardroom meetings I suppose, then just going by the fly of our pants.

OOC: Sorry, I haven't been here lately I was put in the hospital ( if you think if have strep throat get it fixed before it becomes serious), and should make the character updates by the end of tomorrow.

Cuaqchi
2010-06-03, 06:00 PM
"Very true," Qin says, nodding towards Sentinal. "This isn't going to be a superpowered free-for-all, and I have no intention of sending out unprepared soldiers."

"I have plans to test all of the following in the coming days; combat ability, leadership skills, and finally group dynamics." Qin again smiled as he spoke to the gathered heroes, "When all of that is complete we shall be deploying your abilities where they are most needed."

OOC:
Not an issue Imbasel. For everyone wondering I am just stalling right now while everyone fixes the issues I presented regarding characters. The faster that is done, the sooner you will get to see some action. :P

tynger1234
2010-06-04, 06:23 AM
Pendragon looks directly at Qin and says "Does this mean that the only missions we will ever be sent on are the ones considered suicide missions to regular people?"

Cuaqchi
2010-06-04, 06:48 AM
"That would really depend on what you consider a suicide mission." Qin answers, his smile still evident. "But surely you all understand the level of danger associated with extra-human power if it isn't used properly. Even the best of my men, equipt with the most advanced weapons and armour may be of little threat to anyone nearing or god forbid exceeding your abilities."

Without dropping his smile he looked to Pendragon specifically and said, "If you are actually Arthur reincarnated you should understand the desire I have put forth. I want my knights, for with only a force of men at arms any band of powerful enemies can cause severe damage and irrepairably alter our world."

industrious
2010-06-04, 09:11 PM
"Then when do we start testing? Or are we just going to be standing here for the next week?"

Outis is surprised at the sound of his voice. Certainly, he wasn't especially fond of red tape. Being an ex-cop, he felt he had a pretty good grasp of the idea. Namely, that it got in the way far more than necessary. But he'd have expected that his training would have made him more respectful of authority. Putting on a mask changes you, it seems. Bolder, less willing to obey authority. Outis wasn't sure he liked the change.

Cuaqchi
2010-06-05, 09:10 PM
"Patience," Qin says, his smile widening as he looked to Outis, "I never said when the test had started, and for all you know this very meeting is the first test."

Stepping back from the podium he then looked to Pendragon and Sentinal before saying, "You two shall be the first take the test, prepare yourselves for the rest of today and tommorow I will have your challange ready." He took a brief pause before addressing the others, "For everyone else, take note of what they do as their results shall determine what tests await everyone else afterward."

Cuaqchi
2010-06-10, 07:29 AM
"It seems that everyone is satisfied with the present conditions," Qin says, "So I shall see you all tommorow. For now you are dismissed, and we shall have things prepared when the first pair meets at the warehouse come morning."

OOC: Everyone can go a little freeform her until all of the character sheets are updated. Hopefully we can start moving forward shortly.

Malfunctioned
2010-06-11, 04:05 PM
Castor leans around to look at the others in the room. "...So....that was interesting. I'm Cast- Pulse. I mean Pulse. Heh, sorry about that. I'm still getting used to the whole identity thing. Who would you guys be? I think I might of missed that briefing.

Cuaqchi
2010-06-16, 09:34 AM
As the group starts to introduce themselves Qin marches back out of the room, taking his men with him so that the new heroes could properly prepare themselves for tommorow.

OOC
It looks like the character sheets I have still haven't been updated. I can understand if medical problems, work or exams is delaying posting but I would like some measure of knowledge regarding such issues so that the game doesn't appear so dead. Thank you.