SurlySeraph
2010-05-31, 09:00 PM
Combat Trapsmith
Anointed Knight, kind of
Runescarred Berserker, kind of
Uh... Exemplar?

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-05-31, 09:08 PM
Fleshwarper from Lords of Madness is all about the self-craft.

Doc Roc
2010-05-31, 09:13 PM
At this point, I'd settle for just some item creation feats.

SurlySeraph
2010-05-31, 09:20 PM
Attune Gem
Attune Magic Weapon
Bind Elemental
Brew Potion
Chameleon Crafting
Craft Aboleth Glyph
Craft Alchemical Item
Craft Cognizance Crystal
Craft Construct
Craft Contingent Spell
Craft Crystal Weapon
Craft Dorje
Craft Drilbu
Craft Epic Magic Arms And Armor
Craft Epic Rod
Craft Epic Staff
Craft Epic Wondrous Item
Craft Magic Arms And Armor
Craft Masterwork Armor
Craft Masterwork Ranged Weapon
Craft Masterwork Weapon
Craft Psicrown
Craft Psionic Arms And Armor
Craft Psionic Construct
Craft Rod
Craft Rune Circle
Craft Scepter
Craft Skull Talisman
Craft Staff
Craft Talisman
Craft Universal Item
Craft Wand
Craft Wondrous Item
Create Infusion
Create Moving Portal
Create Portal
Enchant Staff
Exceptional Artisan
Extra Rings
Extraordinary Artisan
Forge Epic Ring
Forge Ring
Graft Illithid Flesh
Graft Yuan-ti Flesh
Grell Alchemy
Imbued Defense
Imbued Strength
Imprint Stone
Inscribe Rune
Invest Spell
Legendary Artisan
Portal Master
Recharge Staff
Sanctify Relic
Scribe Scroll
Scribe Tattoo
Tattoo Magic
Wyrmgrafter

That enough?

Cog
2010-05-31, 09:21 PM
Ironsoul Forgemaster, MoI

arguskos
2010-05-31, 09:21 PM
What is a Drilbu, and where can I find it? Also, what the hell is the difference between Craft Staff and Enchant Staff? :smallconfused:

Thurbane
2010-05-31, 09:26 PM
Maester
Effigy Master

...also, this may be of some use: [3.5] Craft or Profession prereq list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137313)

Il_Vec
2010-05-31, 09:29 PM
Races of stone has that really cool dwarf smith, the one with the same picture as the Ollam. Can't recall the name.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-31, 10:01 PM
What is a Drilbu, and where can I find it? Also, what the hell is the difference between Craft Staff and Enchant Staff? :smallconfused:
A Drilbu (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20011123b) is a Psionic Scepter, effectively. A Scepter, by the way, is a better Wand that can hold spells above 3rd level (all the way up to 9th). The costs are the same as for a Wand/Dorje, but you get the option to have things cost 2 charges for half-cost like with Staves/Psicrowns.

Enchant Staff is from a Dragon Magazine variant where a mage gets Imbue Staff and uses the Staff as a focus for all his spells and stuff. I don't really know the details.

Anyway, don't see as anyone's mentioned the Unbound Scroll from Dragonmarked. It's more about using scrolls than making them, but it does have some nice benefits for a scribe.

Ranos
2010-05-31, 10:11 PM
Chameleons don't get all the crafting feats or those price/XP reduction feats, but with ancestral relic and their floating feat, good chameleons get the ability to craft anything by sacrificing objects of an equal value.

DragoonWraith
2010-05-31, 10:14 PM
Binder 5 with Improved Binding lets you bind Astaroth (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070307a), which gets you any Item Creation feat you want - sort of. Though even Wizards admitted they weren't entirely sure how that was supposed to work.

Of course, Bind Vestige/Improved Bind Vestige means you can just take Anima Mage, if you wanted an actual PrC. Free effective Binder levels!

Doc Roc
2010-05-31, 10:55 PM
I actually am currently using the superb unbound scroll. I believe I have found a new infinite spell loop, to my delight, so I'm not pressed on this matter anymore, but I am curious.

When I said I'd settle for item creation feats, Dragoon had the right of it. I meant bonus ones. Could someone pull ye olde page cite for Lady's College again? I don't want to resort to using it, but I will if I need to.

So:
PrCs that give either general feats, or item crafting feats, other than scribe scroll. OR PrCs that augment crafting in an interesting way, other than ones already mentioned?

Thurbane
2010-06-01, 05:26 AM
Both Human and Half Elf Paragon classes give a bonus feat...

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-14, 05:59 PM
I actually am currently using the superb unbound scroll. I believe I have found a new infinite spell loop, to my delight, so I'm not pressed on this matter anymore, but I am curious.

Care to share? I'm familiar with the Master Scribe + Bloodlines/Legacy Champion free crafting abuse, but I'm guessing infinite spells refers to a different trick.

Alleine
2010-06-14, 08:55 PM
Could someone pull ye olde page cite for Lady's College again? I don't want to resort to using it, but I will if I need to.

Page 62 of the Forgotten Realms Silver Marches book.

Doc Roc
2010-06-14, 09:02 PM
Care to share? I'm familiar with the Master Scribe + Bloodlines/Legacy Champion free crafting abuse, but I'm guessing infinite spells refers to a different trick.

It's a known one, but not popular, Primal Scholar + Unfettered Heroism.

I settled on unbound scroll + artificer via sanctum spell EE, since you can apply metas to infusions.

Jack_Simth
2010-06-14, 09:04 PM
I don't think it ever got updated, but there's the Candle Caster in Tome & Blood. Kinda worthless, though, despite being a full casting class that's easy to get into.

Doc Roc
2010-06-14, 09:07 PM
It's bad enough that I didn't even list it. :))

Eurus
2010-06-14, 09:28 PM
A Drilbu (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20011123b) is a Psionic Scepter, effectively. A Scepter, by the way, is a better Wand that can hold spells above 3rd level (all the way up to 9th). The costs are the same as for a Wand/Dorje, but you get the option to have things cost 2 charges for half-cost like with Staves/Psicrowns.

Enchant Staff is from a Dragon Magazine variant where a mage gets Imbue Staff and uses the Staff as a focus for all his spells and stuff. I don't really know the details.

Anyway, don't see as anyone's mentioned the Unbound Scroll from Dragonmarked. It's more about using scrolls than making them, but it does have some nice benefits for a scribe.

...Don't Dorjes already work on powers over 3rd level?

arguskos
2010-06-14, 09:53 PM
I love Scepters. Thanks for the info about Drilbu's, DW. Still want an exact source on Enchant Staff though, if anyone has one, since I looked and didn't see it in my collection of Dragons.

Optimystik
2010-06-14, 10:06 PM
...Don't Dorjes already work on powers over 3rd level?

Indeed they do. From what I'm reading, the Drilbu's benefit over the Dorje is the ability to hold more powers by "half-storing" the higher-level ones.

That class is 3.0 however, and I'm not sure how different psionic items were back then. Perhaps 3.0 dorjes had a power ceiling, like wands do.

gorfnab
2010-06-14, 10:21 PM
Also this may be of use to you in someway. The Complete Cost Reduction Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7274.0)

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-14, 11:26 PM
That class is 3.0 however, and I'm not sure how different psionic items were back then. Perhaps 3.0 dorjes had a power ceiling, like wands do.

I don't remember the specifics of dorjes vs. wands in 3.0, but at least in 3.5 scepters have another benefit: they store two spells instead of one, both up to 7th level instead of 4th. Dorjes wouldn't have a level limit in any case, but in updating a drilbu to 3.5 I'd say they'd get the same benefit.

arguskos
2010-06-14, 11:28 PM
I don't remember the specifics of dorjes vs. wands in 3.0, but at least in 3.5 scepters have another benefit: they store two spells instead of one, both up to 7th level instead of 4th. Dorjes wouldn't have a level limit in any case, but in updating a drilbu to 3.5 I'd say they'd get the same benefit.
Drilbus can hold up to 18 levels of powers, and up to a total of six discreet powers, or so that link says.

SethFahad
2010-06-14, 11:31 PM
Attune Gem
Attune Magic Weapon
Bind Elemental
Brew Potion
Chameleon Crafting
Craft Aboleth Glyph
Craft Alchemical Item
Craft Cognizance Crystal
Craft Construct
Craft Contingent Spell
Craft Crystal Weapon
Craft Dorje
Craft Drilbu
Craft Epic Magic Arms And Armor
Craft Epic Rod
Craft Epic Staff
Craft Epic Wondrous Item
Craft Magic Arms And Armor
Craft Masterwork Armor
Craft Masterwork Ranged Weapon
Craft Masterwork Weapon
Craft Psicrown
Craft Psionic Arms And Armor
Craft Psionic Construct
Craft Rod
Craft Rune Circle
Craft Scepter
Craft Skull Talisman
Craft Staff
Craft Talisman
Craft Universal Item
Craft Wand
Craft Wondrous Item
Create Infusion
Create Moving Portal
Create Portal
Enchant Staff
Exceptional Artisan
Extra Rings
Extraordinary Artisan
Forge Epic Ring
Forge Ring
Graft Illithid Flesh
Graft Yuan-ti Flesh
Grell Alchemy
Imbued Defense
Imbued Strength
Imprint Stone
Inscribe Rune
Invest Spell
Legendary Artisan
Portal Master
Recharge Staff
Sanctify Relic
Scribe Scroll
Scribe Tattoo
Tattoo Magic
Wyrmgrafter

That enough?

add Magical Artisan feat... very-very usefull :smallwink:

Doc Roc
2010-06-14, 11:35 PM
Also this may be of use to you in someway. The Complete Cost Reduction Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7274.0)

Seen it. Most of those are too high op for even me. They missed a couple of the ones I am using, too.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-06-14, 11:46 PM
Drilbus can hold up to 18 levels of powers, and up to a total of six discreet powers, or so that link says.

I see; I didn't read it all too closely. So drilbus are closer to staffs than scepters, then.

Ozymandias9
2010-06-14, 11:47 PM
Battlesmith, Races of Stone, page 98.
Spellbroker, Dragonlance: Towers of High Sorcery, page 36.

Doc Roc
2010-06-15, 12:10 AM
Battlesmith, Races of Stone, page 98.
Spellbroker, Dragonlance: Towers of High Sorcery, page 36.

Tell me a bit about theeez spellbroker.

arguskos
2010-06-15, 12:13 AM
The Spellbroker gains a 10% markdown on XP/GP for one item creation feat, which can change any time you gain a new item creation feat (to that new feat). In addition, over the five levels of the class, you gain the ability to have a single specific item you make (that is made with your chosen item creation feat) gain an extra 30% off on XP/GP. It's an arcane-only PrC, and requires 4 item creations to enter.

Ozymandias9
2010-06-15, 12:39 AM
Tell me a bit about theeez spellbroker.

They are amazing?

Entry requires 4 [item creation] feats, 2nd level arcane spells, and identify (also some skill stuff).

5 level class. Each level advances arcane spell casting. You get a bonus item creation feat at 1, 3, and 5.

At 1 you choose a specific item creation feat: all costs for that are reduced by 10%. Any time you gain an item creation feat, you can change decide to have this ability apply to the new feat rather than the prior choice.

At 2, you choose a specific item creatable with that feat: it gets a 20% discount instead and gains +1 ECL to for the purposes of variable effects and save DCs. At 4 this advances to a 30% discount and +2 ECL. Any time you change what feat the level 1 ability applies to, you many change item this feat applies to.

Indeed they do. From what I'm reading, the Drilbu's benefit over the Dorje is the ability to hold more powers by "half-storing" the higher-level ones.

They did. 4th level power or lower.