PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

Eon
2010-05-31, 09:49 PM
Or do the last 10 or so days of school seem to last forever? I have 6 days left and it seems each class lasts so much longer!

(one problem may be my annoying German classmates problem is gone, we switched seats last week for some reason, but instead I'm next to a former friend that hates me...:smallfrown:)

Kiren
2010-05-31, 10:04 PM
Don't complain man, I got till the 22th lol.

Jk, any length of time in school lasts too long.

Yes, the last couple of days are the LONGEST.

Good luck!

Lycan 01
2010-05-31, 10:07 PM
I actually stayed a few extra days after my classes ended, just so I could hang out with my college friends a little bit longer before we all went home. :smallredface:

Eon
2010-05-31, 10:08 PM
I actually stayed a few extra days after my classes ended, just so I could hang out with my college friends a little bit longer before we all went home. :smallredface:

8th grade is different :smalltongue:

Sneak
2010-05-31, 10:11 PM
Hey, look at the bright side! If you're at the end of 8th grade, nothing you do now will ever matter, academically speaking! Stress-free!

APs were a while ago, so although I ostensibly have a couple more weeks of school left, I've effectively already been done for a while now.

Lycan 01
2010-05-31, 10:12 PM
Indeed it is. I bid you luck, child. :smallwink:

Leecros
2010-05-31, 10:12 PM
Or do the last 10 or so days of school seem to last forever? I have 6 days left and it seems each class lasts so much longer!

(one problem may be my annoying German classmates problem is gone, we switched seats last week for some reason, but instead I'm next to a former friend that hates me...:smallfrown:)

not to me, i have a crapload of fun the last 2 weeks of school. Because during finals and after finals we do NOTHING but hang out and talk. Our school even leaves seniors leave early once they're done with their finals and they don't have to come back in except to practice for the graduation ceremony.

Eon
2010-05-31, 10:18 PM
Hey, look at the bright side! If you're at the end of 8th grade, nothing you do now will ever matter, academically speaking! Stress-free!

APs were a while ago, so although I ostensibly have a couple more weeks of school left, I've effectively already been done for a while now.

:smallconfused: I have 4 more years...

Recaiden
2010-05-31, 10:22 PM

That's college. Completely different and acceptable.

Some of us actually need our high schools, Sneak. :smalltongue: There's plenty of stress left for Junior year and possibly senior year as well.

toasty
2010-05-31, 10:34 PM

But see, really, nothing you learn before Highschool matters. :smallbiggrin: I learned like a million things in my first year of Highschool. I learned like 15 things in the previous eight years of school. Seriously.

I cannot wait to be done school. I have one math final and two English assignments (one of which is nearly finished, the other I haven't even started. :smallsigh:). Can't wait to be done Highschool. Forever. Yes, I know I go straight to University, but hey, I'll be done highschool, forever. :smallcool:

ninjaneer003
2010-05-31, 10:38 PM
been out of school for 3 weeks. man i love college

Sneak
2010-05-31, 10:45 PM

Some of us actually need our high schools, Sneak. :smalltongue: There's plenty of stress left for Junior year and possibly senior year as well.

Not what I meant. The entirety of middle school itself is of questionable academic effect, but ESPECIALLY nothing he does in this last little bit of middle school has any chance of ever affecting...well, anything, really.

I wasn't encouraging him to blow off high school, just to have fun and relax in the few scraps of middle school he has left.

And yeah, junior year is kind of a bitch, work-wise, but freshman and sophomore aren't too bad.

Eldan
2010-06-01, 02:38 AM
For me, lectures ended yesterday, though that was also because I only had them on monday.

Now I can go back to working full-time in the lab until the weather gets better. (Which might be illusory, I've been working on this project since February, and we never had more than two sunny days in a row).

Elder Tsofu
2010-06-01, 02:43 AM
I wish that I'd had more time at the end - the days have just sprinted past. -.-

UnChosenOne
2010-06-01, 03:30 AM
Just try to 've an exam week at same time and be forced to arrive to the school before 8 am and be forced to wait for 4 hours just for that you can sit 45 minutes in a class listening about Kants theory of knowledge and you know how I feel. Well, luckily school libary has computers and I've just four days left this academic year.

Dr.Epic
2010-06-01, 04:54 AM
Yeah the last few days of school do stretch on forever. In college it's not so bad though. I mean finals are a pain but the days don't stretch on pointlessly.

Lillith
2010-06-01, 04:58 AM
I do -both- high school and college. This is because I teach at high school but am still a student in my last year of college. 6 days? That's nothing! I graduate at the 2nd of July if I'm lucky and then I still have to teach till the 16th of July. 6 days? You're lucky. I got 45.

Cealocanth
2010-06-01, 10:48 PM
Yes, they do seem to last longer due to the need to cram everything into a short amount of time and then an absurd amount of nothing after the cramming is over. I like the "extra" time because it seems like I get so much more done.

ninjalemur
2010-06-02, 12:18 AM
We get out on the 19th in Alaska, so I've already been on break for a week and a half.