PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Draconium

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

planswalker
2010-06-01, 12:52 AM
The worlds as they are known encompass an infinite variety of variations, each one complete unto itself with its own history and culture, with trends and variety without count present everywhere. However, all worlds can be traced back to one: the Primus Primal, the first world. From it extends (to a lesser or greater extent) the outline that all other worlds follow. It is a composite of all, while at the same time unique unto itself. Those wishing to alter the very fabric of the universe find that doing so here is more possible than anywhere else. It is believed that any drastic changes to this world will be reflected in all others.
On this world, there exists 6 populated continents. Two of them are ancient, tracing their cultures and lineages back to before the first word was written down. From these two continents, expeditions were sent out to find other, new lands to explore. One expedition found a new land, one steeped in the magical and strange. They found the opportunity for untold feats of great power, both magical and mundane. The colonies thrived, and quickly became resentful of being ruled by a distant empire. This freedom would be contest for nearly a half-century, but the burgeoning Holy Colonial Empire would win out, throwing off its oversees masters. Throughout the last 1500 years, this empire has grown, shrank, been attack by powers both internal and external, and gone through countless dynasties. However, no one has ever taken the the empire's Capital City, the stronghold of its power, save once, by a horde of fiends from planes beyond the edge of the Worlds of the Universe. Their reign of terror was put to an end by the prophesied Savior of Light, who re-established the Capital, the site where they fearsome Tarrasque was slain. It has been 78 years since the Savior of Light has ascended on to a higher plane.
These are times of peace and rebuilding, as the world is left in the care of 12 immortal guardians, caretakers of the peace and arbiters of justice. The Nexus, the point on this world which connects it with all other worlds has been re-opened, allowing the brave and the foolish alike to venture forth into other worlds both familiar and bizzare.
One recently discovered nearby world is one in which dragons, some of the mightiest creatures in existence, rule in countless numbers and varieties. The Explorers of Amin, a mage-guild specializing in extraplanar exploration, has sent out the call for adventurers to explore this strange new land. You are part of a band of chosen elite individuals who shall go forth as the trailblazers into this land to befriend, conquer, trade with, learn from, explore and understand the inhabitants of this daringly new place.

planswalker
2010-06-01, 01:19 AM
The town is called Primal Point, after the man-sized pair of one-way portals located at the center of town. About 40 one- and two-story buildings sprawl out around this point, mostly cheaply built wooden structures. A pair of enormous dragons the sizes of small keeps doze in the sunlight just outside, with twin copper hides. Among the various dwellings, several buildings stand out of note. Directly across from the portal leading to Draconium is a one-story barracks, with a sign out front stating: NEW ENTRIES REPORT HERE. There are 2 temples located here, each to the good god. On one edge of town is a building made of stone that has a steep roof with a sunburst banner displayed on a long pole. The other is on the opposite side of town, made of marble, and features the icons of 10 lesser dragons surrounding a carving of an enormous dragon in flight. A smithy can be seen, with the noises of the forge ringing and clanging constantly. One of the largest structures in the town, located directly north of the portals, has a sign outside naming it "Dragon's breath Tavern. The only other building which does not appear to be merely a temporary dwelling is large stable with a corral outside it. Within the fence are a host of creatures with features that are uncannily draconic: tiny winged creatures carrying on a racket like magpies with tiny jets of flame spewing periodically, large catlike predators with bronze scales, and, most prominently displayed, a creature whose shoulders are beyond the top of a man's head with a serpentine neck, a long, barbed tail, and pair of magnificent wings. His triangular face has a white stripe running down the nose on a beast that is otherwise completely black. Although the usual makeup of humanoids can be seen walking these crowded streets, there is a strong presence of bipeds whose skins flash and shimmer in the noonday sun. Beyond the outskirts of this unwalled village is sprawling hill country. Seven individuals are present here today, seven who will shape the fate of two worlds, but there is one thing keeping them from their path: they have never seen each other before today. Where are they, and how will their paths entertwine until one day every member of this world shall know their names with either hope or dread? only the good god can see. Who are they, where are they, and what are they doing on this, the first day of the road to glory?

Sarom
2010-06-01, 01:41 AM
Mordin stretches his back, amazed of the new world and intimidated by the dragons. One can easily tell that he's an outlander. A catfolk with the signs of a powerful Warlock as magical runes can be seen on his robes and armour.

He looks at the tiny winged creatues in ammusement, only to shudder when they spewed out small jets of fire. He looks around, taking in the scenery before walking to the barracks.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-01, 01:53 AM
Gladehart crouches low, drawing a clawed hand through the dirt, raking up a small gibbet of earth. Dust streams through the gaps between his fingers, as the noble looking humanoid rises, inhaling the fine dust. His features are human looking, just much, much harder and more predatory looking. His brows are particularly pronounced, though his eyes, Bright Green, convey a draconic ancestry.

He moves, muscles rippling through his loose shirt which covers his rare mithral chain coat - with agility and precision. A bright shine reveals the hilts of two rapiers, sheathed upon his leather belt, which is embossed with a swirling symbol. It looks of elven Make...

He looks around, one with the earth, before sighting another and loping over, leaving clawed footprints in the dry earth.

" Cat-Kin? By my eyes... I am... Wonder..." He hesitates, trying to get his point across. He gestures, pointing.

Gladehart

planswalker
2010-06-01, 02:14 AM
Mordin stretches his back, amazed of the new world and intimidated by the dragons. One can easily tell that he's an outlander. A catfolk with the signs of a powerful Warlock as magical runes can be seen on his robes and armour.

He looks at the tiny winged creatues in ammusement, only to shudder when they spewed out small jets of fire. He looks around, taking in the scenery before walking to the barracks.

Upon entering the barracks, he notices a large pair of bipedal, silver dragons. They are standing on either side of the entrance, each with a sword over 12 feet long. The large wings spreading from their backs are adorned with various sigils along the ridge of each wing. After a moment, it registers why they seem so familiar. They are the same shape as ogres, but are even more heavily built. A dwarf without any discernable draconic features sits behind a desk just beyond. He notices the catfolk and says. "State your name and purpose for coming to draconium." He seems rather unimpressed with what he sees.

Sarom
2010-06-01, 02:28 AM
"My name is Mordin, dwarf. I come here in answer to a call of assistance from a Mage-Guild, called the 'Explorers of Amin'. I was told by them to explore this new land of the dragons."
Mordin takes a quick glance at the two guards.
"As you can see I'm a catfolk but, my powers lie on the line of a warlock."

(OOC: I'm going to stop posting unless necessary, to allow the others to post and do something.)

planswalker
2010-06-01, 02:36 AM
"Another adventurer, eh? well, here are your papers. Sign here and be sure to state the name of the guild that sponsored you. If you think security seems lax, take a gander at the 2 dragons outside the village. They are our security system. You had to go through customs just to walk through that portal. Besides, Brutus and Julius here can wrestle a dire bear into submission. Feel free to wander about town, but you will want to find a local to help you avoid the wildlife here if you leave the village. They can be quite territorial. The dragons tolerate us here, but don't push it." The dwarf passes you a sheet of paper requesting your basic information and with a line at the bottom to sign and place your seal (if applicable).
After you sign the papers and give them back, he dismisses you. As you walk outside the barracks, a rather draconic-looking human with a thick, muscular tail points at you and stammers, " Cat-Kin? By my eyes... I am... Wonder..."

aivanther
2010-06-01, 08:23 AM
Darus enters the town and looks about. So this is what the outlanders do here. That was uncharitable, this was an outpost, who knew what they did. Outposts were by their definition small and shanty, at least at first. Suddenly he feels the need to pray. He pauses as he heads towards the marble building. He's here for them, perhaps he should see how they see and worship God.

Making his decision Darus enters the stone temple with the sunburst. He will look around for an altar, or prayer room and enter there to pray for a while.

Talore
2010-06-01, 11:03 AM
Silvrhanar steps from the alleyway made by two shelters, breathing the semi-fresh air. Seeing the confusion in the muscle-bound humanoid's eyes and speech, Sil steps closer. "He is indeed a Catfolk, renowned for their agility."

Demons_eye
2010-06-01, 12:35 PM
A shadow rises from the south as a man following a small dragon appears. The man had arrived hours before but wanted to get a good look at the place before heading to the barracks. As he left the dragon afford to come with him as, apparently, the life on this world was more dangerous then on others he had been on.

The man is hard to see not only from the distance but the shadow that seems to engulf him as he walks. If someone were to peer into the shadow and some how look upon him they would see his face covered with cloth as, too, most of his skin is. He enters the town for the second time and thanks the dragon in draconic. He did not know the language but had picked up some of the greetings and customs here.

He enters the barracks he uses his scythe as walking stick as siting with it was a pain to him. He is slightly surprised to find a few people here waiting to be recorded. He stands some what in the back as he shadows get darker. Soon he is in total darkness and a disk appears in his hand. He pockets it as he takes off some of the wrappings he has on and curses his paranoia. After cooling off a bit he re wraps himself and the shadows disappears as fast as they came leaving only the man there.

He looks up as he listens to conversations but waiting for his turn withe the dwarf.

planswalker
2010-06-01, 01:31 PM
Darus enters the town and looks about. So this is what the outlanders do here. That was uncharitable, this was an outpost, who knew what they did. Outposts were by their definition small and shanty, at least at first. Suddenly he feels the need to pray. He pauses as he heads towards the marble building. He's here for them, perhaps he should see how they see and worship God.

Making his decision Darus enters the stone temple with the sunburst. He will look around for an altar, or prayer room and enter there to pray for a while.

Upon entering, he sees two long rows of wooden benches, angled slightly to focus on the altar at the far end of the room. Two doors are located just behind the altar, with labels printed in celestial stating them to be "Prayer Room" and "Confessions To God". A slim-looking female elf in a brown robe approaches and says in celestial "Greetings. How may we help you today in this, the house of God?"

(i reserve the gold color for npc's speaking in celestial. Black is common)

aivanther
2010-06-01, 02:45 PM
Darus replies back in Celestial, "I am an itinerant priest come to pray to God." He surveys the church surreptitiously comparing and contrasting decor, holy symbols and the like.

planswalker
2010-06-01, 02:52 PM
She says, "I do not recognize what order you are from. Are you a native of this plane? After the priest of Bahamut talked with us and proved that we had the same God, none of the dragon priests have had anything to do with us. Feel free to make use of this place. IF you wish to talk with Father Ulik, he is in the confessional."

Lyndworm
2010-06-01, 03:53 PM
Near the stable stands a man who dwarfs everything around him. Even the great winged beast seems much smaller. The man seems to just be watching the creatures, a small, crooked smile on his face.

He carries no obvious weaponry, but he appears to be wearing some sort of exotic leather armor. On his back is a pack stuffed nearly to the brim and a brown-black shield.

planswalker
2010-06-01, 03:56 PM
The stable master walks over to you and says, "Magnificent, aren't they? You seem to be the type who knows a lot about adventures. Would you perhaps be looking for a job?"

Lyndworm
2010-06-01, 04:02 PM
The enormous man turns around, revealing himself to be an orc with draconic ancestry of some sort. He has gray-brown skin and golden-brown scales on his forearms, and his hair is long, dark gray, and pulled back into a bun/tail combination. His eyes are as black as coal, and shine with an uncommon intelligence.

With a strange, but thin, accent, he says "You could say that, yes. I'm here with the Explorers of Amin, but to be honest I'm not exactly clear on what that entails."

planswalker
2010-06-01, 04:07 PM
"Well, from what i understand about such things, they basically call for adventurers to go forth and explore the lands in whatever way they see fit, basically get them to risk their necks for free to do what you have to pay guild members for. And less likely to reduce membership within the guild. I have a little errand I need someone to run for me. Nothing illegal or anything, just merely somewhat dangerous. I'm sure as a fellow offworlder you understand. And with your looks, you could pass for a native if you had to. Would you be interested in helping out my business? The pay is a lot better than the magi's nothing."

Lyndworm
2010-06-01, 04:16 PM
"I'll admit it; you've caught my interest. What is this errand of which you speak?"

planswalker
2010-06-01, 04:26 PM
"You see this beast here?" Gesturing to the large winged creature. "It's called a Drakkensteed. Highly sought after as mounts. Problem is, they are fast, real fast. And don't care too much for humanoids, run from yeh as soon as you get close. However, it is legal to try to tame wild ones, assuming you get a permit like this." he flashes a piece of paper in front of you real quick. You see that there was indeed some sort of official-looking insignia on it. "I have been authorized to hire people to bring them to me. I will pay 1500 gold per beast brought in, 3000 for a foal. After training them and transporting them back to primus, i can sell them for 10 times that much, easily. I assume as an adventurer apparent that you have a couple of buddies who could help you out with this? The reward is per creature brought in, but no one besides a true dragon themselves could bring one in all by itself, and they deem such work beneath them. I assume, of course that you are registered at the barracks as an offworld visitor?" (if you arrived in town before today, feel free to have already done so)

Lyndworm
2010-06-01, 05:16 PM
"Indeed I have... I'll see about gathering a few Explorers to complete this task. It sounds simple enough. Not easy, but simple." The massive orc seems to think to himself for a moment. "Would that be all? If so, I'll go speak with the others."

planswalker
2010-06-01, 05:18 PM
"Just be sure they aren't dead or too badly injured. Dead stock is useless to me."

Lyndworm
2010-06-01, 05:29 PM
A small grin spreads across the orcs face. "Of course not. Have a good day then, sir. I'll be heading out shortly." With a curt nod to the stable master, Riliwodoi turns and heads for the barracks.

planswalker
2010-06-01, 06:05 PM
Upon arriving at the barracks,the orc saw a strange sight: A catfolk and a draconic-looking human are standing outside. The humans sports a reptillian tail and is pointing at the catfolk, saying, " Cat-Kin? By my eyes... I am... Wonder...". As the orc is wondering how the catfolk shall respond to such a rude remark, another draconic human steps out of the nearby alleyway, this one with silver wings. He says, "He is indeed a Catfolk, renowned for their agility." About this time, he notices another human, this one looking completely not draconic and somehow is wrapped in shadows at high noon. He seems to be rather impatiently waiting for the crowd to clear.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-01, 08:06 PM
"Hmm. I have not seen that... before..." he says, slightly more confident.

Gladehart looks confused as to why they are hunting dragon-kin.

" I will go with the others... I... I don't understand... I seek my heritage. I'll go. " Gladehart speaks clearly but seems to have alot of trouble getting his point across.

Gladehart

Sarom
2010-06-01, 08:09 PM
Mordin raises an eyebrow, his mouth twitching from anticipation and from intimidation. Upon leaving the barracks, being stared at and pointed at so sudenly from the beings shocked him.

Composing himself, he walks to the group giving a quizzical look.
"Yes, I'm a catfolk. I can't see why it is amazing. You look like outlanders yourself in this new land. You'd all better sign up in the barracks behind me. No doubt you were the others sent by the magic-guild to investigage this new land.

My name is Mordin, a pleasure to meet you all. As we all have the same objective, supposedly; no doubt we can help eachother."

Lyndworm
2010-06-01, 11:04 PM
The immense draconic orc nods his head. "I agree entirely. We are all allies here. Following that line of thought, it's been brought to my attention that there are wild drakkensteed about. Additionally, the gentleman tending the animals in that pen there," he gestures in the direction from whence he came "Is willing to pay rather handsomely for healthy drakkensteed, especially foals. Are any of you interested?" The orc looks at each of you in turn.

aivanther
2010-06-02, 12:02 AM
Darus nods and says, "Yes, I am from here. I'm a scholar and a priest, and my order follows after the teachings of Zeris the Gold, but I all I have heard does tell me you worship God as we. I was somewhat curious to see how, if any, differences there might be between the practices of our worlds. I may speak to your Father Ulik after I pray. Good day, and God Bless You."

Darus enters the prayer room and kneels, praying for a good 30 minutes for blessing and guidance in learning about the people from another world and in making a positive relationship with them.

After he is done Darus steps out and enters the confessional. He says in Celestial, "Greetings, I was told you were Father Ulik. I am Darus, a Cleric, though of an order from this world. I was hoping to discuss our common worship, and perhaps our contrasting methods."

Sarom
2010-06-02, 12:30 AM
Hunting hmm? I thought we were sent here to investigate and wipe any evil from the lands but I will help if need be. It sounds fun yet I have little time to tarry away from my path to redemption.

planswalker
2010-06-02, 12:31 AM
Darus nods and says, "Yes, I am from here. I'm a scholar and a priest, and my order follows after the teachings of Zeris the Gold, but I all I have heard does tell me you worship God as we. I was somewhat curious to see how, if any, differences there might be between the practices of our worlds. I may speak to your Father Ulik after I pray. Good day, and God Bless You."

Darus enters the prayer room and kneels, praying for a good 30 minutes for blessing and guidance in learning about the people from another world and in making a positive relationship with them.

After he is done Darus steps out and enters the confessional. He says in Celestial, "Greetings, I was told you were Father Ulik. I am Darus, a Cleric, though of an order from this world. I was hoping to discuss our common worship, and perhaps our contrasting methods."

A voice tells you, "Come forward. You will find a door in the back of the confessional. come on through. It's not locked. I was hoping to get a chance to talk theology with a brother from this world. After you go through that door, take the one on your right. To the left is my personal chamber."
After following his directions, you come face-to-face with an elf, ancient and shriveled but with an air of grace about him. He is sitting on a stool next to the wall common with the confessional, which can be seen to be slightly porous, so as to allow sound to pass through without sight from either party.
"Do forgive me if i drop into the common tongue, but i find the angel's speech rather formal. I'm sorry i cannot offer you a seat as well, but the floor is clean and dry, or you can remain standing if you so wish. I assume that your particular order has a name for him with a mixture of celestial and draconic vocabulary, just like all the others. Now tell me, i hear that in this realm you follow the teachings of ancient dragons in addition to the Good God. Could you be more specific as to that? To my way of thinking, that would be mixing in the worship of powerful beings like demon cultists with the worship of the One True God. I doubt so, since the Good God would never grant spells to someone who committed such blasphemy." (feel free to get creative with your answers, but consider the guidelines i pm'd to you.) This last question was phrased with grandfatherly kindness, not condemnation. He seems to be curious and looks forward to hearing from you.

Talore
2010-06-02, 12:39 AM
"No, I trust my own wings better, thanks," Sil affirms. He stretches the silvery appendages, they never got much use on the other plane. "I guess we should register then...?" Sil raises his eyebrow, and motions for the others to follow him.

Silvrhanar steps inside.

planswalker
2010-06-02, 12:46 AM
"No, I trust my own wings better, thanks," Sil affirms. He stretches the silvery appendages, they never got much use on the other plane. "I guess we should register then...?" Sil raises his eyebrow, and motions for the others to follow him.

Silvrhanar steps inside.

Upon entering the barracks, he notices a large pair of bipedal, silver dragons. They are standing on either side of the entrance, each with a sword over 12 feet long. The large wings spreading from their backs are adorned with various sigils along the ridge of each wing. After a moment, it registers why they seem so familiar. They are the same shape as ogres, but are even more heavily built. A dwarf without any discernable draconic features sits behind a desk just beyond. He notices the assumed Draconi (as citizens of draconium call themselves) and says in draconic. "Who are you, and why have you come to the outlander's registration desk? Surely you haven't come to relieve my shift early?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-02, 04:38 AM
"You see this beast here?" Gesturing to the large winged creature. "It's called a Drakkensteed. Highly sought after as mounts. Problem is, they are fast, real fast. And don't care too much for humanoids, run from yeh as soon as you get close. However, it is legal to try to tame wild ones, assuming you get a permit like this." he flashes a piece of paper in front of you real quick. You see that there was indeed some sort of official-looking insignia on it. "I have been authorized to hire people to bring them to me. I will pay 1500 gold per beast brought in, 3000 for a foal. After training them and transporting them back to primus, i can sell them for 10 times that much, easily. I assume as an adventurer apparent that you have a couple of buddies who could help you out with this? The reward is per creature brought in, but no one besides a true dragon themselves could bring one in all by itself, and they deem such work beneath them. I assume, of course that you are registered at the barracks as an offworld visitor?" (if you arrived in town before today, feel free to have already done so)

Gladehart gets more and more angry as the dwarf speaks, then remains calm. In a stream of sudden alacrity, he speaks clearly and gets his point across.

"We will accept your request... And get it done as soon as we are ready to do so. It could take a fairly long time, but we'll probably get it done." Gladehart intones... Wanting to impress the Dwarf, he ripples his muscle and shifts stance suddenly, displaying his natural toughness, strength and agility. His armour and scales become visible, and his eyes glow with power.

Gladehart

Talore
2010-06-02, 09:00 AM
Upon entering the barracks, he notices a large pair of bipedal, silver dragons. They are standing on either side of the entrance, each with a sword over 12 feet long. The large wings spreading from their backs are adorned with various sigils along the ridge of each wing. After a moment, it registers why they seem so familiar. They are the same shape as ogres, but are even more heavily built. A dwarf without any discernable draconic features sits behind a desk just beyond. He notices the assumed Draconi (as citizens of draconium call themselves) and says in draconic. "Who are you, and why have you come to the outlander's registration desk? Surely you haven't come to relieve my shift early?"
"Nay," says Silvrhanar, in draconic. Scratching his wingtip, he says "I've lived my life on the other side, in Primus. I'd be here to register."

planswalker
2010-06-02, 09:03 AM
"Nay," says Silvrhanar, in draconic. Scratching his wingtip, he says "I've lived my life on the other side, in Primus. I'd be here to register."

He seems rather taken aback by this. He drops into common and says, "Well, if that don't beat all. I didn't know y'all had dragonkin on Primus. Here's the forms you must sign. If there's something you want to know about this outpost, just ask. I'm no geographer, but i'll answer what i can."

aivanther
2010-06-02, 09:22 AM
Darus seats himself on the floor, saying "Sitting would be nice, and the floor is a nicer place than many else I've sat in my travels."

"Do forgive me if i drop into the common tongue, but i find the angel's speech rather formal. I'm sorry i cannot offer you a seat as well, but the floor is clean and dry, or you can remain standing if you so wish. I assume that your particular order has a name for him with a mixture of celestial and draconic vocabulary, just like all the others. Now tell me, i hear that in this realm you follow the teachings of ancient dragons in addition to the Good God. Could you be more specific as to that? To my way of thinking, that would be mixing in the worship of powerful beings like demon cultists with the worship of the One True God. I doubt so, since the Good God would never grant spells to someone who committed such blasphemy." (feel free to get creative with your answers, but consider the guidelines i pm'd to you.) This last question was phrased with grandfatherly kindness, not condemnation. He seems to be curious and looks forward to hearing from you.

Darus ponders for a second to consider how to best respond, then says, "Do you have perhaps great priests in your world's history or celestials who came to this earth to give some specific teachings? And after them followed a number who dedicated themselves to worship and practice in the ways of that priest or celestial? That is the way the Dragon Prophets are to us. Great teachers, wise celestials who have insight and teach us of God. Around their teachings orders have developed and we say we are of the order of whichever Dragon Prophet we follow, yet we are not worshipping that Dragon. For what is a Dragon? They are marvelous and powerful, but so are some men. They are immortal, but so are the Celestials and the Fiends. None of those are worthy of worship, though they may be, in selective instances, worthy of respect and listening to. No, we worship God, and the Dragons are the ones who have brought His Light to us."

Darus considers for a moment, and then says, "Are there such prophets or celestials among your own world that have shared with you about the One God?"

planswalker
2010-06-02, 09:29 AM
Darus seats himself on the floor, saying "Sitting would be nice, and the floor is a nicer place than many else I've sat in my travels."

Darus ponders for a second to consider how to best respond, then says, "Do you have perhaps great priests in your world's history or celestials who came to this earth to give some specific teachings? And after them followed a number who dedicated themselves to worship and practice in the ways of that priest or celestial? That is the way the Dragon Prophets are to us. Great teachers, wise celestials who have insight and teach us of God. Around their teachings orders have developed and we say we are of the order of whichever Dragon Prophet we follow, yet we are not worshipping that Dragon. For what is a Dragon? They are marvelous and powerful, but so are some men. They are immortal, but so are the Celestials and the Fiends. None of those are worthy of worship, though they may be, in selective instances, worthy of respect and listening to. No, we worship God, and the Dragons are the ones who have brought His Light to us."

Darus considers for a moment, and then says, "Are there such prophets or celestials among your own world that have shared with you about the One God?"

"Oh, there have been holy men, and some have even founded orders, but we do not generally hold them in the same reverence that the Dragon Prophets are. It is our belief that even the holiest man is nothing but a wretched fool compared to God. Although one respects the teachings of the wise, they are not but men. Anyone has the Potential to be the next Jarichaius, the founder of my particular order. I hear rumors that one of the powerful arch-demons is actually physically present on this plane. I wonder, why don't you think she went to Primus with her other kindred in the Time of Darkness?"

aivanther
2010-06-02, 10:07 AM
Darus ponders for a moment and then says, "We do hold the Dragon Prophets in high regard, but you have to remember to that they are celestials come to us in Dragon form. They are a bit more than a wise mortal, they have walked in the very presence of God, though are not God."

I hear rumors that one of the powerful arch-demons is actually physically present on this plane. I wonder, why don't you think she went to Primus with her other kindred in the Time of Darkness?"

Darus shakes his head and mutters, "May God smite Tiamat in her wretchedness. I don't know why she chose this plane over others. Perhaps she saw the potential in the Dragons. If she had succeeded in conquering the Metallics and making the Chromatics supreme she could have taken her army from here to your world and others. Having the largest collection of Chromatic dragons at your command would prove to be extremely formidable. On the other hand, she is mighty, but she still not the mightiest. Perhaps the archfiends divided up the cosmos, each a world to his or her own, and Tiamat had this one while another had yours. I don't know the history of your world, so I don't know if that's the case."

Talore
2010-06-02, 10:15 AM
He seems rather taken aback by this. He drops into common and says, "Well, if that don't beat all. I didn't know y'all had dragonkin on Primus. Here's the forms you must sign. If there's something you want to know about this outpost, just ask. I'm no geographer, but i'll answer what i can."
"Believe me, I am rarity to the point of persecution. I truly feel like I'm coming home for the first time," Silvrhanar says with a genuine smile, filling out the forms. "...and that should be it."

"Are there any major cities, factions, armies, guilds and such on this plane? I'd like to try and understand the local dynamics here."

planswalker
2010-06-02, 10:43 AM
Darus ponders for a moment and then says, "We do hold the Dragon Prophets in high regard, but you have to remember to that they are celestials come to us in Dragon form. They are a bit more than a wise mortal, they have walked in the very presence of God, though are not God."

Darus shakes his head and mutters, "May God smite Tiamat in her wretchedness. I don't know why she chose this plane over others. Perhaps she saw the potential in the Dragons. If she had succeeded in conquering the Metallics and making the Chromatics supreme she could have taken her army from here to your world and others. Having the largest collection of Chromatic dragons at your command would prove to be extremely formidable. On the other hand, she is mighty, but she still not the mightiest. Perhaps the archfiends divided up the cosmos, each a world to his or her own, and Tiamat had this one while another had yours. I don't know the history of your world, so I don't know if that's the case."

"Our history is inextricably linked to one central point, called the Nexus today. It has gone by many names over the past few aeons. It has been kept by a line of caretakers, powerful magi of the highest caliber. One particularly long-lived magus, known incongrueously as the kind old Cheezer, had dominon over it for 2000 years. Although he was human, he had magically tied his lifespan to the Nexus. When he was killed in a demon war, it was taken over by Amin de Lothele, a half-copper dragon drow who could alter the very fabric of space. During his reign was a golden age of prosperity. Unfortunately, in his power he grew arrogant. He began summoning archfiends to gloat over, claiming they could never take this place. One time he went too far and called Mephistopholes, one of the Great Ones. He broke through the wards and tore a hole in the planes. This unleashed a horde of demons the likes of which have never been seen before or since. However foolish Amin may have become, he was still a great mage. He battled the demons for decades, keeping them out of the Nexus. However, the demons slowly conquered the entire world around the nexus, enslaving or killing everyone. In a last desparate attempt to correct his mistake, he sealed the Nexus away out of reach of this plane. It prevented the demons from using it to remake the fabric of reality in their own image, but it also blocked off all extraplanar travel except through the rift that Mephistopholes had made. Eventually, the most powerful fiend of all came to dwell in the flesh, Shaitan himself. When things looked their bleakest, an expedition from the last free peoples set out to fight the demons and fulfill the Prophesy of Light. Four heroes eventually made it to Fiendholm, the seat of Shiatan's power and the onetime location of the Nexus. They fulfilled the prophesy and the Savior of Light came down and banished Shaitan and his followers back to the far reaches they came from. The world was rebuilt, but the nexus was still lost. About 10 years ago, however, a group of intrepid explorers unlocked the secret of Amin's magic. They unsealed the Nexus and formed a mage-guild whose purpose was to ensure the Nexus' protection and proper usage. They have been sending expeditions ever since. The time of Darkness, as the time between Shaitan's physical embodiment and the appearance of the Savior of Light lasted over 1000 years and ended just under a century ago. I grew up in constant fear that the demons would break through the wards protecting the last free peoples and i would be killed. To me, it seems impossible that anyone anywhere would not know about such times. I am sure the dragons could tell you how the power of evil everywhere had been gradually growing everywhere, although they probably keep it a secret from the shorter-lived. If any fiend "owned" the Primus Primal, Shaitan himself would be the claimant. May such dark days never come again."

He seems to have worked himself up severely over this, before he calms himself down. He regains his composure and says, "I am sorry for such an outburst. To you this is ancient history suitable for an epic tale. To me it was the best years of my life. I'm afraid i have exhausted myself and have the energy for one more question before i retire to my room to rest and pray that God will someday heal my heart from all that I have seen."

planswalker
2010-06-02, 11:00 AM
"Believe me, I am rarity to the point of persecution. I truly feel like I'm coming home for the first time," Silvrhanar says with a genuine smile, filling out the forms. "...and that should be it."

"Are there any major cities, factions, armies, guilds and such on this plane? I'd like to try and understand the local dynamics here."

"Welcome home, my boy. I think you will find these lands to your liking." He slaps you on the shoulder in camradere, then addresses your question.

"whelp, the most important thing to know is that this land is divided up into ten Domains, one for each of the major dragon bloodlines.Each has a capital city with over 10,000 dragons in residence and 1,000,000 of the lesser races, or more. Other than those, where the various Prophets and Demons live, the rest of their territories are mostly fiefdoms, with 1 dragon family controlling a plot of land that Draconi live in. However, the 5 Domains of the Dragons Righteous and the 5 Domains of the Dragons Heinous are separated by an unfathomably large expanse of land, on which all manner of less common breeds of dragon exist, squabbling amonst themselves for various pieces of land. None but the great dragons can easily cross it, and they rarely do so without great need.Although the domains are not now actively at war, they remember the Kin Wars like they were yesterday. It is never far from their minds. As far a guilds go, each capital has a large number of guilds which service the town's needs. Some even have extensions into the various hamlets and villages around. Few of the lesser races bother with armies, since the dragons keep other dragons away and the villages are mostly too far removed from each other to cause much conflict. Every dragon of the major bloodlines is of course part of the various Draconic Armadas for each line, but tehy have not been tapped out for service in Eons. Basically, the dragons rule here, though they may occasionally exalt someone of the lesser races to be their companions, no one questions who is in charge. Who would want to? They're all that stands between us and the Dread Queen."

"Oh, and one more thing." he adds as an afterthought. "If you travel from one domain to the other, you will notice something unique about the geography. It... changes from one domain to the next."

Talore
2010-06-02, 11:23 AM
"Welcome home, my boy. I think you will find these lands to your liking." He slaps you on the shoulder in camradere, then addresses your question.

"whelp, the most important thing to know is that this land is divided up into ten Domains, one for each of the major dragon bloodlines.Each has a capital city with over 10,000 dragons in residence and 1,000,000 of the lesser races, or more. Other than those, where the various Prophets and Demons live, the rest of their territories are mostly fiefdoms, with 1 dragon family controlling a plot of land that Draconi live in. However, the 5 Domains of the Dragons Righteous and the 5 Domains of the Dragons Heinous are separated by an unfathomably large expanse of land, on which all manner of less common breeds of dragon exist, squabbling amonst themselves for various pieces of land. None but the great dragons can easily cross it, and they rarely do so without great need.Although the domains are not now actively at war, they remember the Kin Wars like they were yesterday. It is never far from their minds. As far a guilds go, each capital has a large number of guilds which service the town's needs. Some even have extensions into the various hamlets and villages around. Few of the lesser races bother with armies, since the dragons keep other dragons away and the villages are mostly too far removed from each other to cause much conflict. Every dragon of the major bloodlines is of course part of the various Draconic Armadas for each line, but tehy have not been tapped out for service in Eons. Basically, the dragons rule here, though they may occasionally exalt someone of the lesser races to be their companions, no one questions who is in charge. Who would want to? They're all that stands between us and the Dread Queen."

"Oh, and one more thing." he adds as an afterthought. "If you travel from one domain to the other, you will notice something unique about the geography. It... changes from one domain to the next."
"Hmmm... I'll keep these in mind," Silvrhanar ponders, accepting the friendly gesture. "Where are we right now? Is there anywhere I could buy a reliable map?"

planswalker
2010-06-02, 11:44 AM
"Hmmm... I'll keep these in mind," Silvrhanar ponders, accepting the friendly gesture. "Where are we right now? Is there anywhere I could buy a reliable map?"

"Why, you're right in the heart of copper country. Hence the nursemaids" He jerks his thumb in the general direction of the pair of dragons snoozing in the sun. "As for a map, yes they can be had. There are always charlatans selling them, but i've never seen one i could trust to still be right a year from now. They say the great cities have mapmakers who can enchant maps to change as the land does so they are current, but nothing the likes of which have been seen around in these parts. Don't worry though. You'll see what i mean about the geography here being... special. I'd tell you direct, but it's more magnificent when you see it for the first time if no one warns you first." he glances behind you and sees the group outside and calls out, "Hey you! either get in here and sign up or get lost! this isn't a gossip corner."

Talore
2010-06-02, 01:53 PM
"Why, you're right in the heart of copper country. Hence the nursemaids" He jerks his thumb in the general direction of the pair of dragons snoozing in the sun. "As for a map, yes they can be had. There are always charlatans selling them, but i've never seen one i could trust to still be right a year from now. They say the great cities have mapmakers who can enchant maps to change as the land does so they are current, but nothing the likes of which have been seen around in these parts. Don't worry though. You'll see what i mean about the geography here being... special. I'd tell you direct, but it's more magnificent when you see it for the first time if no one warns you first." he glances behind you and sees the group outside and calls out, "Hey you! either get in here and sign up or get lost! this isn't a gossip corner."
"Thank you very much, I'm in your debt." "Until next time," Silvrhanar says, dipping into Draconic. He nods his head in appreciation, and exits the building.

"The rest of you may wish to heed his advice." Silvrhanar walks around a little bit, waiting for the other companions to finish their administrative duties.

aivanther
2010-06-02, 03:39 PM
ooc: If it would have spilled over, I suppose a lore check would be appropriate. [roll0]

Darus nods and says, "I am sure you have had a terrible time in your place, and there may have been rumblings of it here. However, we have not had the idyllic world either and our own problems consumed us of the lesser races. Also, remember I am human, and not as long lived as your kind nor as one of the Dragon-kin. What was recent to you was three generations to me."

He ponders for a moment and finally says, "What is your intention here? I can tell there is much for us to learn from one another. Yet, well, visitors are not always the most pleasant of things to have, especially when they make themselves a bed in your house, if you get my meaning. Do not get me wrong, I am not about to lead a riot to attempt to 'wipe out the other-worldly invaders' but I am trying to ascertain both what your church and moreso the people of your world are attempting to accomplish here."

planswalker
2010-06-02, 03:54 PM
"i am here at the behest of my order to try to learn from our new-found brothers. It is my goal to see one of the great Prophets before i die. I have come to this world to retire. It has been frustrating to be ignored by the brethren here, although i do understand that i am a guest unlooked for here. As to the people as a whole, the explorers of Amin are by and large here to learn, like i am. Some have come for personal glory, others to try to make amends here for sins in their past. Yet others have come to bring the fight against evil to a new front. Our world is experiencing a period of peace unkown since the Golden Time of the Epics. Some have come to seek the grand evils to fight that have been driven out of our world for now. Yet others have come here to escape persecution. On our world, dragons are a wondrous rarity, and they rarely mix their blood with those of lesser races. Those that do are sometimes shunned, unfortunately. We have deliberately limited our presence here so far, by only constructing a pair of one-way portals no bigger than what it takes to safely let a humanoid pass.

If that is all, i have dearly loved out conversation today, but i have exhausted myself. Feel free to come back any time. either i or sister Lily whom you met on your way in will be here at any hour of the day. I must rest now, if i have your leave.

Demons_eye
2010-06-02, 03:56 PM
The man in the dark grows more irritated by the minute and trys to calm himself. His shadowy area thickens then thins, like a pulse, and more disks appear in the mans hands. He pockets them and steps up to the dwarf while removing some cloth from his face to better talk. "Jack Spade from the Brotherhood on orders to help those from the guild that sent others."

planswalker
2010-06-02, 03:56 PM
ooc: If it would have spilled over, I suppose a lore check would be appropriate. [roll0]

you do recall that the dragon histories seem to have had more pronounced conflicts over the past thousand years or so, with a particularly bloody battle being fought near the same time as the cleansing of the world.

planswalker
2010-06-02, 04:00 PM
The man in the dark grows more irritated by the minute and trys to calm himself. His shadowy area thickens then thins, like a pulse, and more disks appear in the mans hands. He pockets them and steps up to the dwarf while removing some cloth from his face to better talk. "Jack Spade from the Brotherhood on orders to help those from the guild that sent others."

"Here are your papers to sign. Once you have, feel free to leave as soon as you would like. You could have slipped past those people any time. I've hardly had many come through today. There was never a line of more than one. How would you like to be stuck behind a desk all day, passing short forms to adventurers who consider their time more valuable that yours because you are stuck behind a desk all day and they get to seek glory?"

you seem to have struck a nerve with him.

Demons_eye
2010-06-02, 04:37 PM
"Its god to know the manors are the same everywhere. In my world you go when the opponent gives you your turn and that models our morals. I guess we are just weird and are the only ones with different customs" Jack says. He picks out a disk and flicks it at the dwarf but it disappears almost as it leaves his hand and starts to leave.

planswalker
2010-06-02, 04:42 PM
He responds darkly, "Be glad I will not charge you with threatening an officer of the peace."

Demons_eye
2010-06-02, 04:56 PM
"'I will burn your soul in lake of fire made of gods blood' or 'I will rip you apart to so small pieces that you remains would not fill a thimble' are threats. If I knew people of this world had thin skin I would not have responded to your remarks" Jack says still not worked up. He talks normally and sees nothing of this entire problem. He pulls another disk out and does the trick again "This is a form a greeting and a sign of respect. It shows I am willing to waste a tool of my trade to greet you. I have been to world where shaking hands is considered rude and checking your friends for weapons is considered a pleasantry. If you think I have wronged you visit my world and you might get the same treatment.

"If it helps I am Sorry but getting worked up about a greeting is rather... Well rather something but I can't think of a word that might not offend you."

planswalker
2010-06-02, 04:58 PM
He seems rather embarrased and stammers out an apology. He asks you to please leave now.

Demons_eye
2010-06-02, 05:15 PM
"It is no problem as its not the first time I have had this conversation and it wont be the last. I truly apologize if I offend you" Jack responds and takes his leave. He waits outside for the others in his shade as to cool himself more.

planswalker
2010-06-02, 05:21 PM
you hear him grumbling to himself. "Damn strange custom, throwing whatever the bedeviled disk at folks to say hello. Offworlders."

Lyndworm
2010-06-02, 08:16 PM
Hunting hmm? I thought we were sent here to investigate and wipe any evil from the lands but I will help if need be. It sounds fun yet I have little time to tarry away from my path to redemption.
The orc seems taken aback at this. "I cannot say what will or will not aid in your redemption, but I'm fairly certain that it's not our duty to eliminate evil. Such moral quandaries are most certainly not my obligation. I was asked to explore the lands, taking note of what is important and useful to the Explorers of Amin, and making it safe for future habitation. I might eliminate some danger, and some danger might be evil, but it is not my duty to eliminate evil." The orc sounds a tad angry, but his face remains quite passive. Perhaps this is what orcs sound like?

Sarom
2010-06-02, 09:06 PM
The orc seems taken aback at this. "I cannot say what will or will not aid in your redemption, but I'm fairly certain that it's not our duty to eliminate evil. Such moral quandaries are most certainly not my obligation. I was asked to explore the lands, taking note of what is important and useful to the Explorers of Amin, and making it safe for future habitation. I might eliminate some danger, and some danger might be evil, but it is not my duty to eliminate evil." The orc sounds a tad angry, but his face remains quite passive. Perhaps this is what orcs sound like?

Mordin glares back in response. "Whatever the reason is, if there is evil in these lands it shall be destroyed by my very own hands. We may be sent here to just investiage but I will keep an eye out."

He then waits for the rest of the group to come out of the barracks, twiddling his thumbs to distract him.

aivanther
2010-06-02, 11:13 PM
"If that is all, i have dearly loved out conversation today, but i have exhausted myself. Feel free to come back any time. either i or sister Lily whom you met on your way in will be here at any hour of the day. I must rest now, if i have your leave.

"I will leave you to your rest after I make one request, if I might presume. Pray for me. I am here for much the same reason, but on the other side. May God Bless you and keep you, Father Ulik" Darus stands and bows, then heads out. If he sees the girl, presumable Lily he will say to her, "It has been a pleasure. I may, if I am around for long, call on you again. If you have need to speak with someone of our Church, I am always willing to listen." And with that he will depart.

He will briefly survey the street then make his way to the other temple, though more casually and watching both the on-goings of the settlement.

planswalker
2010-06-03, 07:53 AM
"I will leave you to your rest after I make one request, if I might presume. Pray for me. I am here for much the same reason, but on the other side. May God Bless you and keep you, Father Ulik" Darus stands and bows, then heads out. If he sees the girl, presumable Lily he will say to her, "It has been a pleasure. I may, if I am around for long, call on you again. If you have need to speak with someone of our Church, I am always willing to listen." And with that he will depart.

He will briefly survey the street then make his way to the other temple, though more casually and watching both the on-goings of the settlement.

Lily thanks you rather shyly.

You notices that the "streets" are nothing more than dirt gaps between buildings, packed down by the foot traffic.

The second temple is one much more familiar to you. The outside is adorned with symbols to all the major prophets and contains the symbol of a church for all faiths united. It's name, written in Draconic over the front of the marble door, proclaims it to be All Faiths United Temple of Draconium. Upon entering, you are greeted by a young man in a silk robe with gold inlays. He greets you in celestial, saying, "How are you taday, good sir? What may I do to help you?" You notice beyond him that there is a group of robed figures talking idly nearby. A gold basin of water is located in each corner of the rather spacious room and there is an altar located on the far wall from the entrance. You can smell the incense burning somewhere overhead. Multiple doors on each of the other 3 walls lead off elsewhere.

aivanther
2010-06-03, 09:31 AM
Darus gives a slight bow, "God's blessing on you, I am well. I am an itinerant priest and was hoping to speak to either a priest of the Order of Zeris the Gold or the one who heads this temple." Darus glances about the area, specifically at the group conversing, attempting to fit them mentally into the order of things within the temple.

planswalker
2010-06-03, 11:18 AM
"Welcome, dear brother. I'm afraid that I don't know of any priests in the order of Zeris in residence. The Dracasi (pronounced draw-ko-zee) of Bahamut in charge of this temple will surely see you, however. He should not be hard to spot among the priests over there. I believe they are currently discussing the merits of various prophets. I'm sure you would love to contribute Zeris' side of things." (culture note: Dracasi is the Draconium term for the Dragonborn. The Dragonborn are found in Races of the Dragon supplement. All the Prophets have dragonborn. Most are high-ranking religious officials, although some who take the oaths do so out of respect for the Prophets without being a member of the clergy.)
You realize this man must be an accolyte in training to be a priest who has been assigned door duty today.

aivanther
2010-06-03, 11:24 AM
"Welcome, dear brother. I'm afraid that I don't know of any priests in the order of Zeris in residence. The Dracasi (pronounced draw-ko-zee) of Bahamut in charge of this temple will surely see you, however. He should not be hard to spot among the priests over there. I believe they are currently discussing the merits of various prophets. I'm sure you would love to contribute Zeris' side of things." (culture note: Dracasi is the Draconium term for the Dragonborn. The Dragonborn are found in Races of the Dragon supplement. All the Prophets have dragonborn. Most are high-ranking religious officials, although some who take the oaths do so out of respect for the Prophets without being a member of the clergy.)
You realize this man must be an accolyte in training to be a priest who has been assigned door duty today.

Darus nods and says, "Thank you." He then walks towards the congregated clergy. He approaches and offers a slight bow, saying, "Good day to you, and God bless you all."

planswalker
2010-06-03, 11:42 AM
The platinum-colored Dracasi gives a slight bow and greets you, saying, "Welcome, brother. Blessings to you as well. I see by your icon around your neck that you are a follower of Zeris. We were just discussing the various Prophets. I am Jerome, a Dracasi of Bahamut. My associates here are Hiram, priest of Hlal, Yvaine, priestess of Lendys, and Narome, another fellow priest of Bahamut." he indicates, in turn, a male dwarf in a brown silk robe, a female elf in a silvery silk robe with a tracery of green scales on her face, and an orc whose white robes seem slightly dingy.
"I fear the Zeris is one of the lesser-known prophets" the elf says. "Could you tell us a little more about him?"

aivanther
2010-06-03, 12:25 PM
Darus nods to each of the priests as their names are mentioned. He says, "I am Darus, and yes I follow Zeris the Gold. He is lesser known, though perhaps more popular where I am from, the area around Dravis, especially among the scholarly. His teachings emphasizes learning to better know and understand God, who is the Ultimate Truth. It is about such that I wish to speak to you. I am seeking to learn about the otherworlders, and wanted your wisdom."

planswalker
2010-06-03, 01:00 PM
the dwarf responds, saying "I'm afraid that i have only stopped by here temporarily on my way to the Silver domains.From what i can see, they're people, just like any other, although perhaps not as richly blessed with dragons as we are. They are probably grateful for the chance to see so many of these mighty beings up close"
Wherin the elf interjects with "you know, not all dragons are a blessing to be around. I grew up in a village ruled by a green. He ate those of us who got too old or sick to work for him. They are no more inherently good than anyone else. I hope the newcomers don't let themselves be deceived by their beauty into unmerited adoration of them."
At which point the Dracasi speaks up and says, "But you must admit that the Metallic dragons have all unanimously chosen good over evil and act righteously for the most part. Surely these newcomers should be given a chance to prove themselves before they are condemned. Sadly, though, i find that they have not shown themselves to be particulary pious in their fight against evil."
You can see that they are on the brink of returning to their "debate" about philosophy and forget the offworlders entirely when the orc speaks up. The others instantly fall silent.
"If you wish to learn more about them, it may be wise to spend less time asking priests about them and spend more time traveling with them. They are always coming and going. I do believe that the residents we have here are not merely a representative sampling of life on their world. I would guess that they have been chosen for their courage and adventurousness. If you wish to know more about them, i would recommend you seek an offworlder to talk to. Most of the clergy have been waiting for the newcomers to fit into the patterns of this world instead of trying to learn from them.It is probably a blessing that one from Zeris, who is known among the knowledgable for their openness to learn directly from the source has come. My colleagues and i are often trying to pass judgment on a conglomerate as if it was unified. If you learn more about them, please let me know."

aivanther
2010-06-03, 04:27 PM
Darus bows, and says, "Thank you for your input. I pray God's blessing on you, and ask you pray for me in my own endeavor." With that he leaves the temple and looks around a moment. Now that's another one for the journal. He thinks to himself.

After some consideration regarding what to do and where to go he decides to take Narome's advice. With that in mind he heads to the tavern to see what he might find.

planswalker
2010-06-03, 04:33 PM
Darus finds the tavern sparsely populated. There are a few draconics sittings sulkily in a corner, drinking beers. Other than that, a few humanoids of some of the more common races are littered throughout the tavern. Most appear to be nursing some form of alcohol, mostly by themselves. Upon entrance by a priest, the tavern goes uncomfortably silent. All eyes turn to him. Finally the barkeep asks, "Is there anything we can do for you, sir?" in a rather reserved tone.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-03, 07:44 PM
Gladehart, impatient to explore the world, bids farewell, promising to return later, to register at the barracks.

He nods to Mordin, then enters the barracks. " I am Gladehart, silver dragon descended. I am here to register and... Ensure I am supported. I'm going to leave very soon after this, because I find this place uncomfortable. " He announces.

Gladehart

planswalker
2010-06-03, 07:47 PM
"here are the papers to sign. If you want to leave the outpost, feel free, but there's no real support to be had here unless you find a buddy or 5. Whyever you feel uncomfortable, mayhaps your ancestry will feel more at home in the Silverlands."
He hands you the papers and you quickly sign them.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-03, 08:05 PM
Gladehart smiles briefly and leaves, going outside. Looking for the humanoid Jack, he hopes to retrieve that cleric from whatever mess he's getting himself into. He crosses over to the shop afterwards, then prepares his gear and check out any pieces of equipment that catches his eye.

Gladehart.

aivanther
2010-06-03, 10:52 PM
Darus doesn't even bat an eye at the sudden attention, it was not the first tavern he'd been in. He approaches the bar and says, "Sure, I'd like an ale. It's been a long walk, and even longer talking. You know how temple-types can get, locked up with to much incense, it plays crazy with your head."

Diplomacy [roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-03, 10:55 PM
The barkeep chuckles. "You're a priest, but you sure ain't much of a preacher. Most just come in here to tell us that drunkenness is sin. Have your first one on me. And if any of the locals hassle you, i'll be sure to sort 'em out."

aivanther
2010-06-04, 08:20 AM
The barkeep chuckles. "You're a priest, but you sure ain't much of a preacher. Most just come in here to tell us that drunkenness is sin. Have your first one on me. And if any of the locals hassle you, i'll be sure to sort 'em out."

Darus chuckles and sits, taking a drink of the ale. He says, "Well, I met another traveling priest once who confided in me one of the greatest secrets of life, which I will be so generous as to share with you all: We can be absolutely certain that God loves us for he gave us ale!" He chuckles at his own irony, and then has another drink. "In all seriousness though, I rather enjoy a good ale, especially after a long journey. Some get a little uptight, I suppose, but as long as your not rip-roaring drunk, I'm certain God created things for us to enjoy."

"So, would you mind telling me about this place? I'm a native of this world and I'm curious about the people here. Most the people here from off world, I'm guessing. What's everyone coming here to do, actually?"

I'll take 10 on another diplomacy check (25)

planswalker
2010-06-04, 08:40 AM
Well, as long as you drink good and your money is better, i'm sure you'll fit in here. As to what we came here for, well, each of us was sponsored by one of the various explorer groups, mostly the Amin guys. We came here to explore, in whatever way we see fit. There is no specific objective yet. That's what the mage-guild's members are for. We are sent out here to figure out what's safe, what the natives do, and what is potentially useful back home. Mostly the guild isn't into raping the land and pillaging the locals, just trade and gaining knowledge. Especially with a world this powerful.
Now then, I assume you won't be so rude as to only have one drink now, will you?

Talore
2010-06-04, 08:56 AM
"Hmmm... it doesn't look like there's much work here. I'm going to the tavern, perhaps they have rich patrons..." Silvrhanar trails off, loudly enough for the others outside the barracks to hear. He starts off towards the tavern.

aivanther
2010-06-04, 08:58 AM
Darus laughs and puts a gold on the bar, "Of course not, have to be congenial to such a host. You seem to be getting along well here. Then again, I've never met a tavern keeper in a travel town that didn't. Dust requires at least an ale or two to clear out the throat. Anything of real interest in my world that you people seem to be interested in? I'm considering joining with some of the travelers from your world. You know, native guide and all that."

planswalker
2010-06-04, 11:22 AM
"eh, personally, i prefer doing my explorations behind a bar. It's amazing what the other travelers will boast about after a few rounds of ale. I don't see many groups get started here, though. Employers generally try to find workers who are not drunk at the time. Many of the groups that leave out here are like-minded adventurers who joined together before crossing over, most hired by the same guild. Feel free to stick around. Very few clergy are adventuring right now. Most Primus orders haven't sent over accolytes yet, and even fewer natives have offered. I'm sure someone will take you" As he is speaking, he pockets the gold and slides another mug your way.

aivanther
2010-06-04, 12:06 PM
"eh, personally, i prefer doing my explorations behind a bar. It's amazing what the other travelers will boast about after a few rounds of ale. I don't see many groups get started here, though. Employers generally try to find workers who are not drunk at the time. Many of the groups that leave out here are like-minded adventurers who joined together before crossing over, most hired by the same guild. Feel free to stick around. Very few clergy are adventuring right now. Most Primus orders haven't sent over accolytes yet, and even fewer natives have offered. I'm sure someone will take you" As he is speaking, he pockets the gold and slides another mug your way.

Darus sips this ale slowly for a moment, thinking. Then he says, "There a place where they do gather around here if they haven't joined together before. It's be nice to get into a group without carrying a big sign that says 'Priest for hire, native guide for your touring and adventuring needs.'"

planswalker
2010-06-04, 12:10 PM
Well, those who don't have work yet might be hanging around the barracks, the stables, or perhaps the temple. I doubt that you haven't checked the temple yet, so i recommend the barracks first. Every newcomer has to register there.

aivanther
2010-06-04, 01:03 PM
Darus nods and finishes his ale, "Thanks for the ale, my friend. By the way, my name is Darus. If ever you leave this place and find yourself in the need of help, find a temple and ask for a Disciple of Zeris and tell them I sent you and that 'The Truth is there for those who seek it' and they will help you with whatever you need to the best of their ability. That, and my gold of course," he says with a smile, putting another gold on the bar by way of tip, "Are all I can give you in exchange for your help." He stands, nods at the barkeep and heads out.

He looks about the "streets" again for anything that catches his eye, and then heads towards the barracks.

Lyndworm
2010-06-04, 02:30 PM
The massive orc crosses his arms and plants himself in the ground. Between his size and his scowl, most people tend to give him a wide berth. "If I manage to nod off, wake me when they're all done signing up, won't you?"

planswalker
2010-06-04, 03:35 PM
The dwarf yells out from the barracks, "All of you lazy bums ARE registered. Get out of my door!"

planswalker
2010-06-04, 03:39 PM
A priest who just finished a couple of drinks at the tavern is headed down a dirt path towards the barracks. A mage is walking from the barracks towards the tavern on that same dirt path at the same time. Halfway there, their paths cross with each other. The two stop and look at each other for a moment, neither expecting to see the other. What will happen on this crossing of destinies? What words will be spoken next?

aivanther
2010-06-04, 04:28 PM
What words will be spoken next?

"Pardon me," Darus says and steps to the side.

Talore
2010-06-04, 05:12 PM
"Oh, sorry about that," says Silvrhanar. "Just heading over to the tavern to find some adventurers..." He pauses for a second, and continues, "Say, would you be interested in exploration? We needa practioner of the Divine arts, and by your garb I'd assume you'd fit the bill."

Lyndworm
2010-06-04, 05:37 PM
The orc grins at the dwarf's remark, saying nothing. Ril moves away from the door, though, and heads in the direction of the tavern. "Maybe some other set of hooligans is interested in my proposition."

planswalker
2010-06-04, 08:18 PM
About halfway through, the orc runs into a priest and that draconic-looking guy from the barracks. he hears the silver guy say to the priest, "Say, would you be interested in exploration? We needa practioner of the Divine arts, and by your garb I'd assume you'd fit the bill."

Sarom
2010-06-04, 08:39 PM
Mordin watches the Orc leave and decides it's best if he followed. He takes one look at the barracks behind him before he leaves, shrugging at the Dwarf's remark.

Demons_eye
2010-06-04, 08:39 PM
Seeing nothing better to do and thinking of the heat Jack follows the orc slowly to the bar.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-04, 08:51 PM
Gladehart looks around, taking in the scene. Spotting the tavern, he moves closer, seeing the Orc, the Priest and the Mage. Following Jack, he glances at Mordin.

" Jack? Hello. I'm going to be fighting with you, I think. Perhaps we'll be a good team, or maybe enemies. "

" Hello, Catfolk. I'm sorry for my incoherence before, but its just the way I act towards people I think are strange. This place is... giving me the ability to speak normally, I feel confident. I feel more powerful than everyone else here, in a way. My kin, the dragons fly the skies: I feel the power. Are you are a warlock? I've heard that warlocks are magical users not as versatile as wizards... " Gladehart says.

planswalker
2010-06-04, 08:55 PM
Fate is smiling right now. This confluence shall one day be seen as the beginning of an epic. (everyone gets 50 xp for managing to get everyone in the same place at the same time. story award!)

Sarom
2010-06-04, 09:01 PM
Gladehart looks around, taking in the scene. Spotting the tavern, he moves closer, seeing the Orc, the Priest and the Mage. Following Jack, he glances at Mordin.

" Jack? Hello. I'm going to be fighting with you, I think. Perhaps we'll be a good team, or maybe enemies. "

" Hello, Catfolk. I'm sorry for my incoherence before, but its just the way I act towards people I think are strange. This place is... giving me the ability to speak normally, I feel confident. I feel more powerful than everyone else here, in a way. My kin, the dragons fly the skies: I feel the power. Are you are a warlock? I've heard that warlocks are magical users not as versatile as wizards... " Gladehart says.

" Why hello there humanoid. I accept your apology, and yes I am a warlock. Although I'm not as versatile as a wizard when it comes to spells, I am much better than them in combat. I believe that you're powerful as your dragon kin, and thus in our journey I will trust that you'll protect my back."

Looking back at the rest:

"So what shall our bidding be? I'm in a bit of a rush, I suppose but I have enough patience currently"

aivanther
2010-06-04, 11:16 PM
Darus pauses a moment, trying to take in the rush of people suddenly surrounding him. To himself he mutters quietly in draconic, "Ask and prod everywhere and suddenly they mob me on the street..."

Aloud, addressing the draconic looking person in front of him, he gives a slight bow and says in common, "What, is it the plate mail?" He glances down and says, "Oh right, the holy symbol. Yes, I am Darus, priest of God and disciple of Zeris the Gold. It just so happens that I was looking to find some people to join with in their travels. And you are?"

"So what shall our bidding be? I'm in a bit of a rush, I suppose but I have enough patience currently"

"Oh, well, if you have something in particular you are interested in, I may be of service. I am somewhat of a scholar, as a Disciple of Zeris that is almost assumed. But my order believes that books can teach what others have known, but life outside the walls of a temple or library can teach you something new. I guess what I am trying to say is I can perhaps act as an aid in finding, or at least beginning, whatever it is you are interested in."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-04, 11:44 PM
Gladehart listens carefully, thinking a lot about what the man said. Supremely aware of his surroundings, he glances around, then says:

"Indeed, Books are the Old's gift to the Young. I remember my days on the plains with the Wild Elves, where I learnt my first reading, a book of Elven Ryme and Limerik. I progressed onto the Complete Warrior, and that was when I truly began to learn how to fight in melee with earnest. However, are you aware of the negative effects of your life? Surely, you have faced some challenge in many areas, even if you have some grasp on some subjects of history?"

As soon as the words come out, Gladehart realizes how badly it came out.

' Sorry, what I meant was... "

Talore
2010-06-05, 12:34 AM
"...what he meant to say was that you'd be a valuable member of this de-facto adventuring party..." Silvrhanar says, looking around at all the newcomers. "Why not? We're all new, from the other side to explore, and now we have a prospective native parter to journey alongside us. We should stick together, watch each other's backs, eh?" Silvrhanar bobs his head, in a gesture that roughly implies agreeance.

"Has anybody got leads on any jobs?"

aivanther
2010-06-05, 12:34 AM
Darus shakes his head slightly, getting a little confused. He does however say, "No one is ever fully aware of the negative or positive effects on their life. I'd like to think, however, I do have some grasp of my limitations. I'm sorry, but your name is?"

"Has anybody got leads on any jobs?"

"I could find some information from the temples, if needed, though neither temple seemed to have much interest in adventuring itself, or adventurers. The tavern keeper and I got along well, so he might have heard a thing or two also."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-05, 12:51 AM
Gladehart speaks, " A dwarf requested we complete a quest for him: Collecting Drakensteeds. You all look like you could do it.! " Gladehart says, smiling.

" It seems like a good idea. Good pay, excess of 1000 gp for every capture we get. "

Talore
2010-06-05, 01:14 AM
"Well, that does sound lucrative," says Silvrhanar. "Unless anybody has an objection, then lead the way, my Orcish friend."

Lyndworm
2010-06-05, 01:28 AM
Riliwodoi Jhankurac

"If we are going to work together, you may as well call me Ril. Follow me if you're interested, then." The orc turns around and begins to walk away. When he reaches the Stable Master* from earlier, he says "I've gathered a group of likeminded individuals. Is there anyplace in particular we should start our drakkensteed hunt?"

*OoC:
Was the Stable Master stated to be a Dwarf? I didn't think his race was mentioned, but I've been wrong before.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-05, 04:29 AM
" I presume it is out in the wilderness, if you were going to tell us that We don't need your help. " Gladehart says to the Stablemaster. " I am ready to leave this place. I will be happy to leave you, Dwarf. I look foward to being away from this village... " Gladehart says, typically saying the wrong thing. He realizes, then bites his tongue.

" ahh, Sorry. I meant I would look foward to leaving here to explore the world, not that I wanted to get away from you, in an insulting way... " Gladehart murmurs.

" Do you have a map? Or are you not useful in that way? Is your map, if you have one, accurate or have you failed in drawing it correctly...? "

aivanther
2010-06-05, 08:17 AM
Darus pauses for a moment, considering the Drakensteeds and what he knew about them.

Rolling Know: Nature (they're animals right) for info about them
[roll0]

and Lore just in case as well
[roll1]

planswalker
2010-06-05, 10:23 AM
For Aivanther's eyes only (he can choose to share this if he wants)Drakkensteeds are rare equine creatures that resemble dragons in many ways. They are skittish and seldom seen by humanoids. They are fierce fighters when cornered and have been known to trample foes repeatedly to ensure that a threat has been removed.

planswalker
2010-06-05, 10:34 AM
Riliwodoi Jhankurac

When he reaches the Stable Master* from earlier, he says "I've gathered a group of likeminded individuals. Is there anyplace in particular we should start our drakkensteed hunt?"

*OoC:
Was the Stable Master stated to be a Dwarf? I didn't think his race was mentioned, but I've been wrong before.

" I presume it is out in the wilderness, if you were going to tell us that We don't need your help. " Gladehart says to the Stablemaster. " I am ready to leave this place. I will be happy to leave you, Dwarf. I look foward to being away from this village... " Gladehart says, typically saying the wrong thing. He realizes, then bites his tongue.

" ahh, Sorry. I meant I would look foward to leaving here to explore the world, not that I wanted to get away from you, in an insulting way... " Gladehart murmurs.

" Do you have a map? Or are you not useful in that way? Is your map, if you have one, accurate or have you failed in drawing it correctly...? "

The half-oge chuckles and says, "Boy, shut up before you make me angry. Drakkensteeds have been seen all around these parts. They're none too friendly, and hard to catch. I'll pay 1500 per adult, 3000 per foal. Maps just aren't useful around these parts. You keep having to re-survey the land every few months. It gets so damn expensive that few consider it worth the effort. It's really simple, the trick is that these beasts are strong, they can fly, and they travel in groups."

aivanther
2010-06-05, 11:19 AM
Darus shakes his head and says, "And we'll earn that gold, I'm thinking." Darus tells them what he knows about them (i.e. read the spoiler to me planswalker wrote).

The priest thinks for a moment then says, "It'll probably be harder to get to the foals, but easier to keep them under wraps. I'm thinking we'll need a few nets and/or some tanglefoot bags to snare them."

He looks to the stablemaster and says, "My good sir, you have any suggestions for keeping a wild one under control while caught? I'm pretty sure a bridle will be insufficient. I suppose we could tie the wings down with some rope. Oh, do you happen to know what age they can fly? Oh, and you have any idea whereabouts we might look for a herd?"

edit: Not sure if it's necessary, but if it'll help Diplomacy, taking 10 (25)

planswalker
2010-06-05, 12:28 PM
"Well, to answer your questions, in order: i've seen many things tried. Binding their wings with ropes, muzzling the beasts, and hobbling them, tail included, has been done. I saw another group whose wizard used a spell to keep them all asleep. I really liked that one; none of them were injured. Still others have used nets on foals with success, the adults tend to be able to break out too easily for a net alone to suffice. I'll even take them if you knock them out, so long as you can heal 'em when you bring 'em to me and they're not cut up too badly, i'll just pay a little less for that."
"As to how old before they can fly, I haven't been here long enough to get them bred in captivity, but i've never seen one that couldn't fly, no matter how young it was. You can generally find herds of them flying wild among the hills nearby. They don't particularly like people though, and rarely land close to people. However, they cannot eat or drink while flying, there are no flying lakes or grassy knolls. A herd will land eventually, but even then it isn't easy. They'll take off at the slightest provocation, and are as fast as horses even on foot, should you manage to keep them from flying off. They are quite a trick to catch, and that's why i pay top gold for them." The ogre finishes this speech with a layer of challenge to his voice, asking y'all if you think y'all are up for the challenge.

aivanther
2010-06-05, 03:55 PM
Darus considers for a moment then says, "Nets and tangelfoots do seem the best bet on a foal. I may have magic to try and keep them down, as well. We just need someone to be able to get close enough to snare it, then subdue it. I can render a person unseen, and another to create a radius of silence around them. That should get them close enough to net one or two of them, and the rest of us can rush in and help wrestle them to the ground."

He glances at the draconic human, the one that looks like a magic user, and says, "You happen to have any sort of sleeping spell at your disposal? If so, we'll probably need to get a wagon and mules to transport them asleep."

Demons_eye
2010-06-05, 04:06 PM
Jack speaks up after following them to the stable master "Nets might be better than footbags because of the price but spells might be the best solution."

Talore
2010-06-05, 04:13 PM
Darus considers for a moment then says, "Nets and tangelfoots do seem the best bet on a foal. I may have magic to try and keep them down, as well. We just need someone to be able to get close enough to snare it, then subdue it. I can render a person unseen, and another to create a radius of silence around them. That should get them close enough to net one or two of them, and the rest of us can rush in and help wrestle them to the ground."

He glances at the draconic human, the one that looks like a magic user, and says, "You happen to have any sort of sleeping spell at your disposal? If so, we'll probably need to get a wagon and mules to transport them asleep."
"I don't have a sleeping spell scribed into my spellbook unfortunately, although I could render the beasts blind." says Silvrhanar, pondering. "I can also work better at heights, but keep in mind I can only glide on the air," he adds, while stretching his wings a bit.

Sarom
2010-06-05, 04:24 PM
"I feel somewhat useless here. I have few things that could help us capture them without harming them. Although, one thing that may help would be for me to cause them to be shaken. That should make it easier for you guys to catch them"

Mordin looks at the ceiling, impatient to move yet patient enough to think how he could be useful.

aivanther
2010-06-05, 07:35 PM
"I feel somewhat useless here. I have few things that could help us capture them without harming them. Although, one thing that may help would be for me to cause them to be shaken. That should make it easier for you guys to catch them"

Darus chuckles and says, "If we're lucky, you'll simply have to watch as a couple of people net and rope them. However, I find that to be incredibly unlikely. It is almost certain we will need someone to keep the herd occupied as we wrangle away some foals. And all of this assumes we travel to a remote enough place, through lands of unknown safety, and find a herd. Somehow, I think you'll be most useful."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-05, 08:51 PM
Gladehart

" I'm afraid I will not be very useful in capturing them, though I can defend quite well while you all do your less martial things. I don't think you all look very good in combat to me. Let me defend... Although I could knock them out with a bludgeon, if anyone could heal them after we have them? " Gladehart says. There is no doubt he could probably snap a humans neck with his muscles - dealing non-lethal damage won't be an issue or him.

Knowldege nature, for any terrain links we could use. Such as where such animals are likely to nest. Gladehart will not know anything about the Drakensteeds as he has never been here before and the elves wouldn't have either.
[roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-05, 09:38 PM
you fail to know anything about drakensteed habits. In fact, it is so low that you actually FORGET what aivanther told you about them. btw, knowledge nature tells you nothing about terrain or geography. that's knowledge: GEOGRAPHY. besides which, the stablemaster already told you that.

Talore
2010-06-06, 12:21 PM
"Well," says Silvrhanar, "It looks like we have a bit of shopping to do. Good day." He nods his head to their employer, then walks off towards the market, motioning the others to follow.

planswalker
2010-06-06, 12:26 PM
the stablemaster says, "well, we don't exactly have a market here. The blacksmith has a few extra odds and ends, and the tavern also serves some foodstuffs suitable for travel. The temples may also have something they will part with for a donation to the church." he bid's y'all good day and tends to his animals.

aivanther
2010-06-06, 04:40 PM
Darus says, "Well, off the top of my head it seems we could use some nets and some scrolls of charm animal. I can consult the temples and someone else check the blacksmith. If you need food, I'd hurry to the tavern to get some. Otherwise, we should meet back here in a little while. Sound good?"

If there are no objections:
Darus will go to each temple and ask if they have any wands or scrolls available for a donation to the church. (ooc: sorry, just trying to steamline this so we move on).

Sarom
2010-06-06, 04:47 PM
Mordin nods at Daris. "I need to buy a few more rations for the trip."

With that said, he heads off into the tavern. Once inside, he heads towards the innkeeper and asks to buy thirteen trail rations.

He walks back to the meeting place after.

(OOC: Not sure whether we're going with DnD SRD prices. I'll deduct the amount as soon as I know the prices.)

planswalker
2010-06-06, 05:26 PM
The temple of the outworlders has 3 tanglefoot bags they can part with. Lily dabbles in alchemy. Neither temple has charm animal scrolls; none of them can create it, unfortunately.

the tavern has many months worth of rations for sale, at a standard price.

you can buy adventuring gear at the srd prices. The SRD is supported for all gear prices and such. Feel free when we get to a bigger town to just declare that you go out and buy x,y, or z. if it's nonmagical and from the srd, it's available.

no prob with the streamlining. I was about to do the same trick. Feel free to take some intiative, just don't godmod a fellow player or npc

Talore
2010-06-06, 05:46 PM
Silvrhanar will check the blacksmithing shop to see if he had a net for sale.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-06, 06:10 PM
Gladehart

He stamps his foot, raising clouds of dust. He is impatient to go, but he realises there are plans to be made. He follows Mordin, looking to buy something exotic or practical.

@ Sarom: You have the Players Handbook. All the prices are in there. Why are you looking on the SRD if you have the Handbook in front of you?

planswalker
2010-06-06, 06:21 PM
in fact, the smith has 2 nets for sale.

Talore
2010-06-06, 06:36 PM
Silvrhanar buys both of them, then returns to the meeting place.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-06, 08:34 PM
Gladehart

Travelling with Mordin, Gladehart growls and asks:
" So, how did you become a warlock? ", Interested. He takes out a rapier and spins it arond in a display of agility.

:smallredface:

planswalker
2010-06-06, 08:47 PM
Gladehart

" Darus, just buy the Tanglefoot bags, and lets go. " Gladehart growls. Happy to see Darus buy the two tanglefoot bags, he grins and leads the man away. " Let's go.
"

Dante, you said you were with mordin. Gladeheart isn't with Darus. Furthermore, you may NOT, ever, under ANY circumstances dictate what someone else does. I may occasionally move someone along when there is really only 1 thing they can do, but i am careful in doing even that. no player may dictate someone else's actions. Please stop having Gladeheart act on things that he is nowhere near or teleporting himself to places he has not gone. You already said that you were with mordin. all of these things happen at the same time. PbP takes some time to do things. be patient. Aivanther is probably the most active person on this thread other than myself. He will reply for himself soon enough.

aivanther
2010-06-06, 09:03 PM
Darus considers his funds, and then opts to buy 1 Tanglefoot bag. He then returns to where they were supposed to meet.

"I got one tanglefoot bag, that's all I could afford to purchase," Darus says, "If we are all ready, then, we can head out."

planswalker
2010-06-06, 09:24 PM
Mordin nods at Daris. "I need to buy a few more rations for the trip."

With that said, he heads off into the tavern. Once inside, he heads towards the innkeeper and asks to buy thirteen trail rations.

He walks back to the meeting place after.

i think that currently he is back at the meeting place, as are you.

by the time everyone buys this stuff, y'all are all back together. Does someone decide to head out?

Sarom
2010-06-06, 09:36 PM
Darus considers his funds, and then opts to buy 1 Tanglefoot bag. He then returns to where they were supposed to meet.

"I got one tanglefoot bag, that's all I could afford to purchase," Darus says, "If we are all ready, then, we can head out."

"Then let us leave. I'll follow someone and chat to Gladheart here along the way"

"Gladheart, when I was but a child I was born with magical abilities. For the first fourteen years of my childhood, the village I was born in lived in peace. A year or so later, we were attacked by a combination of undead and orcs.

Since that day, raids were conducted every week, each raid taking at least one life. A warlock named 'Flaren' came one day and protected us from the raids, he also saw that I had some abilities within me and decided to train me so that I may protect my village in the future.

For a year I trained with him, and with that training I became a Warlock. I didn't know that I was being taught Dark Magic and for learning this, I was banished from my home.

For the next ten years I trained with my mentor, learning more Warlock abilites. I also helped my mentor with his so-called quests. I stole, killed and used people to help my mentor succeed in his quests. What I didn't realise was that he too was using me but by then, the damage was done.

I killed my mentor after my realisation, and yes the battle was long but I won in the end. I, after all I did in my past, could not return to civilisation or live in peace. Thus I searched and travel the planes, helping those in need and bannishing evil from the lands"

Talore
2010-06-06, 09:38 PM
i think that currently he is back at the meeting place, as are you.

by the time everyone buys this stuff, y'all are all back together. Does someone decide to head out?
"Now then... anybody know where these steeds are?" asks Silvrhanar, when they meet up again.

Demons_eye
2010-06-06, 10:01 PM
Jack waits in the back ready to set off, he too wonders where they are going.

planswalker
2010-06-06, 10:12 PM
drakeknsteeds have been seen in multiple places nearby. anywhere in the outlying hills could potentially have them.They're not too hard to spot when flying overhead, so you may be able to follow them. the outpost is surrounded by open hilly country on every side. pick a direction.

Talore
2010-06-06, 10:15 PM
OOCWest. And no that isn't arbitrary. Assuming a normal solar pattern, the sun sets in the west. To be more specific, we'll go where the sun sets. (May want to fast-forward to that point.)

planswalker
2010-06-06, 10:19 PM
OOCWest. And no that isn't arbitrary. Assuming a normal solar pattern, the sun sets in the west. To be more specific, we'll go where the sun sets. (May want to fast-forward to that point.)

you gonna say that in character?

aivanther
2010-06-06, 10:25 PM
Darus shrugs and says, "One way is as good as another until we find signs of the creatures. Let's go...west, I suppose."

planswalker
2010-06-06, 10:40 PM
The group heads west. The sun is now into the early afternoon. The six of them begin walking in a generally western direction. Grassy, rolling hills and a gentle breeze greets them. After walking for no more than a half-hour, the heroes realize that they are surrounded. A pack of six large creatures the size of horses have encircled them, without them noticing until this point. they form a loose circle about 40 feet out. they have large black scales all over their bodies and seem filled with an almost lupine grace. they howl out a challenge and prepare to attack.
<roll initiative>
i did do spot/listen checks. these things are more stealthy than they appear. map forthcoming. do initiative rolls in this thread in spoiler. once everyone has rolled, i will dictate narration. when it is your turn, state what your character does and then make the relevant rolls in spoiler.

aivanther
2010-06-06, 10:54 PM
Initiative [roll0]
Concerning what these things are, take whichever is relevant:
Know: Nature [roll1]
Know: Arcana [roll2]

Talore
2010-06-06, 10:56 PM
[roll0]
You know what's awesome about a dragon plane?
Knowledge: Arcana roll
[roll1]
What are these things...

Demons_eye
2010-06-06, 10:58 PM
Rolling knowledge too, all mine go on +6

[roll0] Init

[roll1] Knowledge

planswalker
2010-06-06, 10:59 PM
for aivanther's eyes only

know (nature) success
they are known as ebon hunters. The roam in packs, claiming a large swath of territory. They are believed to be similar to dire wolves in origin. They are fiercely territorial. they will gang up in pairs normally to pick off the weakest looking members of a rival group that invades their turf

know (arcana)
they have no know arcane references

Sarom
2010-06-06, 10:59 PM
Mordin readies himself for battle. He raises his hand ready to release his powers upon the creatures.

Initiative:[roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-06, 11:20 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9877/combatn.png (http://img138.imageshack.us/i/combatn.png/)

Cadian 9th
2010-06-06, 11:48 PM
Gladehart

The Dragon Human roars a challenge, drawing two rapiers in a quick action. He thanks fortune that he is fully battle ready, and hopes he will not have to kill them - after all, he is unsure as to wether the local dragons will take offence.

Ini:
[roll0]
Know: Nature (?) [roll1]
Intimidate
[roll2]

planswalker
2010-06-07, 12:54 AM
in response to a suggestion in the ooc thread, i will now roll initiative for everyone who hasn't already done so.
looking back on it, that's just lyndworm, good job guys. excellent hustle.
here's his: [roll0]

with that, here is the initiative order (mosters will be added in after round 1)

gladeheart:18
Silvrhanar:17
Darus:15
Mordin:14
jack spade:5
Riliwodoi:5

and, talore, these things are dragonbloods, but not actually dragons. they're animals. that's a freebie. There will be a lot of dragons, but the metallic dragon lands are pretty closely policed.

planswalker
2010-06-07, 01:02 AM
gladeheart, you're up

dm note to self do not readmonster init's you'll know them soon enoughwolves: 7,7,6,6,4,4
allaran/companion: 8,8

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 01:32 AM
Gladehart

Gladehart takes a moment to survey the situation. He know's he's got to protect the weaker members of the party, so he moves up in a way that protects the party behind him by being in the way, but is close enough to be ready to strike. He sparks twin rapier blades, twirling them and taking up a defensive stance.

Okay, so Combat expertise: -2. AC is now 21.
Readied Action Attack with rapier against it if it moves into a square adjacent or one further than that.

planswalker
2010-06-07, 01:36 AM
as gladeheart is readying himself to defend the group, silvrhanar scrambles to act.

Talore
2010-06-07, 09:13 AM
Silvhanar quickly sweeps his head around the battlefield, surveying the situation. "We can't be surrounded like this!" he yells to the others, hoping they are adept in tactics. He calls forth his innate magics, and conjures what seems to be a solid stone wall, ten feet high to cover their most exposed flank.

I'm casting Silent Image to make a wall on our right side. It starts beside the rightmost characters, is 10 ft wide, and goes 40ft (8 squares) north and south (to force the beasts to attack us on 3 flanks instead of 4. I don't think they want to even try to break through a stone wall.)

aivanther
2010-06-07, 09:29 AM
Darus looks and says, "They're Ebon Hunters. Think of them as dragon blooded dire-wolves."

Casting bless (http://plothook.net/d20/srd/spells/bless.htm) on the party, duration is 5/minutes (50 rounds)

planswalker
2010-06-07, 01:10 PM
Mordin begins to act as the priest is blessing them.

Demons_eye
2010-06-07, 02:14 PM
As if acting on instinct Jacks shadows thicken to complete darkness. He moves up the hill crouches and readies his scythe.

Using absorb light to bring total darkness in a 25 foot area around me then moving 30 feet up and hiding.

[roll0] Hide

planswalker
2010-06-07, 02:27 PM
As if acting on instinct Jacks shadows thicken to complete darkness. He moves up the hill crouches and readies his scythe.

Using absorb light to bring total darkness in a 25 foot area around me then moving 30 feet up and hiding.

[roll0] Hide

i'm afraid that you'll have to wait for mordin first. and, some of the wolves will go before you as well. That might change what you do.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 06:15 PM
Darus looks and says, "They're Ebon Hunters. Think of them as dragon blooded dire-wolves."

Casting bless (http://plothook.net/d20/srd/spells/bless.htm) on the party, duration is 5/minutes (50 rounds)

Gladehart

" Alright, watch it. They're fast and good at flanking. Someone get beside me! " He shouts, twirling his rapiers, ready to sting.

Sarom
2010-06-07, 06:36 PM
Mordin complies to Gladhearts response and stands beside him. He crouches into a defensive stance. "Do we have a plan here? Are we going to kill or what?"

He draws his rapier, for reassurance.

FIght defensively so +2 AC, -4 attack for this round.

aivanther
2010-06-07, 06:55 PM
Darus says, "They're territorial in the extreme, if we don't deal with them now they'll come after us later!"

Sarom
2010-06-07, 09:08 PM
"Well in that case I don't have to hold back." Mordin raises his left hand and fires a sickening blast converted from the eldritch blast at the NW creature.

Damage:[roll0]
(They need to make a Fort save [DC 15], If they fail they become sickened. They still take the base 2d6 damage though unless they have spell resistance)

planswalker
2010-06-07, 09:12 PM
"Well in that case I don't have to hold back." Mordin raises his left hand and fires a sickening blast converted from the eldritch blast at the NW creature.

(They need to make a Fort save, If they fail they become sickened. They still take the base 2d6 damage though unless they have spell resistance)

you need to make a touch attack roll for your eldritch blast. what's the dc for that fort save?

Sarom
2010-06-07, 09:18 PM
(OOC: ahh right... forgot about that)

Attack:[roll0]

I believe sickening blast counts as a lvl 1 spell, so DC is 15. If it's a lvl 2 which I will check later it'll be 16 but go with 15 for now.

EDIT: I got a nagging feeling that I won't hit once in this battle.

EDIT 2: It's 16DC actually (sickening blast is considered a lvl 2 spell) but I missed anyways.

planswalker
2010-06-07, 10:04 PM
the warlock's eldritch blast misses the wolf by a wide margin. As that is going off, the two hunters closest to gladeheart (the ones to the south) break the circle to flank him. as the first one reaches him, he slashes it with his rapier, dealing a shallow cut to the massive beast. The first wolf misses; gladeheart's armor turne the bite. The second sinks his teeth into his leg, tearing the flesh and tumbling him to the ground.

(gladeheart takes 16 damage and is prone. the huntrs ae on either side of him.)

Jack spade acts.

Demons_eye
2010-06-07, 10:08 PM

rolled a 13 Hide

planswalker
2010-06-07, 10:28 PM
As the extinguisher is practicing his craft, riliwodi acts.

here is an updated map of what's happening. the circle around jack is his darkness' radius. gladeheart is prone. -4 to melee attacks, -4 ac from melee, +4 ac against ranged. standing up is a move action that provokes an attack of opportunity.[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/combatii.png/)

planswalker
2010-06-07, 11:58 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1253/combatii.png (http://img3.imageshack.us/i/combatii.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

updated map

planswalker
2010-06-08, 07:11 PM
Riliwodi rushes the hunter closest to him, trying to get the wolf off of his downed comrade. HE delivers a solid punch to the thing's flank, you can hear the tissues take the impact.

he deals 14 damage to it

planswalker
2010-06-08, 07:15 PM
Unfortunately for jack spade, one of the hunters saw his shape in the shadows, and loped next to him. He howl to sigal his partner where to attack, then bites jack and tries to pull him down. Jack resists, but the other wolf comes up behind him and successfully drags him down.

jack is prone and has been dealt 23 damage. they both overcame the miss chance.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 07:16 PM
The last 2 hunters maneuver around the illusory wall, and gather just north of the party, ready to attack.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 07:18 PM
initiative orders for now on: just go ahead and take your turn if you are up

Rizban and cat:8
the hunters near gladeheart:7
the hunters near jack:5
the hunters north of the party:5

and the new map:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1143/combatiii.png (http://img267.imageshack.us/i/combatiii.png/)

edit:added rizban as he is about to come swooping over the hills.

Talore
2010-06-08, 07:32 PM
Gladehart, you should delay until I act, I'm going to cast Glitterdust to blind the two beasts attacking you, and it'd be easier to hit them when they can't see. Post but don't act if you're cool with that

Cadian 9th
2010-06-08, 08:28 PM
Gladehart

He twists on the ground, still fighting with a defensive intent.

-2 Combat expertise, AC 21;
I'm on NINE HP need HEAL PLZ
Delay till after above poster...

Talore
2010-06-08, 08:49 PM
Silvrhanar turns to the two beasts attacking Gladeheart. "Heads up!" he shouts, channeling an arcane trick. Conjuring bright filaments, he attempts to blind the creatures attacking Gladeheart.
Glitterdust centered just behind the two beasts, so it hits the two creatures and spares Gladeheart. DC 17 Will save or be blinded.

aivanther
2010-06-08, 09:01 PM
Darus calls on the powers of God and channels a spell of healing to his fallen comrade.

Giving up Owl's Wisdom to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Gladeheart
[roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-08, 10:59 PM
the ebon hunter on the left is blinded by the spell, the one on the right resisted the effect.

Sarom
2010-06-09, 12:30 AM
Seeing his companions in trouble, Mordin attacks at the closest enemy near Gladheart infusing his rapier with his eldritch blast.

Attack:
Crit confirm:[roll1]
Damage:[roll]1d6+2d6
Crit damage:2d6+2d6

Sarom
2010-06-09, 12:31 AM
(Failed damage rolls, here they are again. Aww no crit =P)

planswalker
2010-06-09, 12:36 AM
i assume you attack the one that's more of a threat to his life? (the one on the right)

Talore
2010-06-09, 12:42 AM
It'd be safe to assume yes...
Tactics ftw.

Sarom
2010-06-09, 12:44 AM
i assume you attack the one that's more of a threat to his life? (the one on the right)

OOC: Yea, Sorry but my computer is doing some funny stuff so I cán't see the map =/

planswalker
2010-06-09, 12:58 AM
there are 2 right next to him, one on his left, one on the right. the one on the left is blind

Sarom
2010-06-09, 01:00 AM
there are 2 right next to him, one on his left, one on the right. the one on the left is blind

Yea best to go attack the right one. :smallwink:

Cadian 9th
2010-06-09, 01:27 AM
Darus calls on the powers of God and channels a spell of healing to his fallen comrade.

Giving up Owl's Wisdom to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Gladeheart
[roll0]

Okay, back to 20. When was my turn again, after Talore? Yep, okay.

Gladehart
He groans, relieved, then gets ready to act. " thanks. " He says, grimacing.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 01:47 AM
Okay, back to 20. When was my turn again, after Talore? Yep, okay.

actually, after the last pair of ebon hunters. i will post a new map after each round. you go after i post the map

Rizban
2010-06-09, 03:42 AM
From out of seemingly nowhere, a draconic cat roars as it pounces on the on the northernmost ebon hunter nearest the wall. Following just behind him is a silver-haired human, who swings his fist directly into the same beast's face.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Note that they are both directly to the east of the north-easternmost ebon hunter, with the cat in the northern square and allaran against the illusory wall.

"Cursed beasts, always in the way..."

He looks to the south and notices the other people.

"Oh, hey. Where did you come from?"

planswalker
2010-06-09, 03:34 PM
The cat sinks his teeth into the beast's hide, as well as both claws. unfortunately, one of them went through a particularly thick part of the hide on the hunter's shoulder and did no harm. the human landed a solid blow and definitely left a mark through that beast's hide.

total of 20 damage

The hunter to Gladeheart's right bit at his armored shoulder, only to have the blow turned by his armor. The one on his left snaps at him blindly and misses.

Demons_eye
2010-06-09, 03:49 PM
As Jacks blood flows from him he looks to the rest of the group. After seeing the brighter dust blind one animal he gain idea. He brings one of the disks out and snaps it with his fingers.

I go after the wolf thing after Rizban correct?

Casting Darklight far off in so that the area captures the four top wolfs and me but no one else. Area of 30 feet DC 14 or be blinded, also if they have darvision its shut down.

Darklight is a new spell found in the class if you missed it.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 03:52 PM
yes you do. what kind of save do i need to roll? does that mean you also need to roll a save or be blind?

Demons_eye
2010-06-09, 04:02 PM
Will save sorry, spell says caster is immune to the spells effect.

Darklight
Evocation [Darkness]
Level: Cleric 3, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft+5 ft/2 levels)
Area: 20 ft radius
Duration: Instantaneous and 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

Darklight creates a blinding field of darkness so black it actually blinds darkvision as well. Any creature in the area of darklight must make a Will save or be blinded. This shuts off darkvision as well. The caster is immune to this effect.

Here is the class again (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8092683&postcount=8)

planswalker
2010-06-09, 04:04 PM
one of the wolves howls in pain as it is blinded. The other seems to ignore the effect. They both attempt to bite Jack, but miss in the darkness and confusion.

edit: oops, i skipped lyndworm.

As the wolves are trying to assault Jack, Ril is acting to defend his allies.

Talore
2010-06-09, 05:42 PM
New map for this round? (It is the next round, right?)

planswalker
2010-06-09, 06:22 PM
once lyndworm replies and i have the other 2 wolves do stuff. i will give him a little bit more time before i godmod him yet again.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 06:52 PM
riliwodi strikes the hunter with another solid blow,

another 11 damage

The two hunters to the north seem surprised and confused by this latest development. They lash out at the humanoid who had the audacity to surprise them. The human's quick reflexes allow him to avoid the first assault, but that set him up for the second one to catach his arm, pulling him to the ground.

rizban's character takes 17 damage and is prone. sorry, it did near-max damage.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 07:10 PM
initiative orders for now on: just go ahead and take your turn if you are up

Rizban and cat:8
the hunters near gladeheart:7
the hunters near jack:5
the hunters north of the party:5

and the new map:
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3051/combativ.png (http://img811.imageshack.us/i/combativ.png/)

included total damage dealt to each monster, to make it easier to tell what's going on. If you feel i missed your damage against one of them, tell me in the ooc thread and quote me the post where you did the damage.

Talore
2010-06-09, 07:35 PM
Silvrhanar turns around, noting the fight to the north commencing. He dips into his arcane reserves, and attempts to blind the ebon hunters in that fight.

Yeah, Glitterdust the two to the north. Same save as before.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 07:51 PM
both wolves howl in pain as the bright flash of dust blinds them.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-09, 09:08 PM
Gladehart

The Draconic human rushes up, safe now, then launches a flurry of attacks on the near hunter.

Rapiers
[roll0]
[roll1]
Tail
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]
[roll4]
Tail
[roll5]
[roll6]
Confirms
[roll7]
[roll8]
Tail
[roll9]
Damage
[roll10]
[roll11]
Tail
[roll12]
(oops, EDIT: add +1 for bless)

planswalker
2010-06-09, 09:15 PM
which one? left or right?

Cadian 9th
2010-06-09, 09:25 PM
which one? left or right?
Whichever's closer: :smallbiggrin:

Dante

Talore
2010-06-09, 09:29 PM
Whichever's closer: :smallbiggrin:

Dante
He meant to say the damaged one...

aivanther
2010-06-09, 09:32 PM
Darus looks towards the sphere of darkness and holds his holy symbol, chanting a spell to aid his companion.

Casting Doom (http://plothook.net/d20/srd/spells/doom.htm) on the Hunter next to Jack that wasn't blinded.
DC 16

planswalker
2010-06-09, 09:35 PM
Gladeheart's twin strokes slays the beast to his right; it falls down in a pool of blood. His slap with his tail missed its target completely.

The hunter manages to resist the effects of the spell

he isn't doomed yet

Sarom
2010-06-09, 10:56 PM
Mordin, seeing that hunter down, attacks the other hunter knowing that he is more of a threat now.

Attack:[roll0]
Crit confirm:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Crit Damage:[roll3]

(bonus +1 due to bless, and another +1 cause I forgot to add magical bonus last time.)

planswalker
2010-06-09, 11:05 PM
His attack lands on the wolf, slicing into the sensitive skin around its neck.

17 damage

Rizban
2010-06-09, 11:36 PM
Allaran hits himself with his Spirits of Healing for 17 health. He then attempts to roll 5ft east and stand.

Spirits of Healing is a (Su) and so provokes no AoOs.

[roll0]

Velgauder tears into the already injured hunter.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

planswalker
2010-06-10, 11:43 AM
Allarin manages to successfully get back away from the hunters as the cat distracts them by clawing into the already bloodied one. The cat's claws leave long gashes on the beast's face, and it bit the creature on its ear. Unfortunately, the ear is not particularly sensitive on these beasts and there was no real damage done.
kitty did 6 damage total from the claws.

The other hunter near gladeheart who just saw his comrade fall carefully withdraws himself from the fracas and joins his brothers who are taking down the lone human.

sorry, demon. It's a pack mentality to gang up on the weak one who split off from the herd. fortunately, 1 of them is blind and the other two have a miss chance.

Demons_eye
2010-06-10, 12:04 PM
Jack curses as he sees another run to him and throws his scythe away while drawing his daggers. He reaches out and attempts to stab one of the things but this does not look good for him.

Its ok, thats why I asked about dieing characters :smalltongue:

Attacking the blind one

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Dagger Damage
[roll2] Shadow Strike

Demons_eye
2010-06-10, 12:05 PM
Crit confirm

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Dagger Damage
[roll2] Shadow Strike

planswalker
2010-06-10, 12:20 PM
Jack manages to spear the beast in the neck, not quite deep enough to cause instant death, but enough to cause profuse bleeding.

unfortunately, you don't multiply extra dice of damage on a crit. you dealt 15 damage, though. and that's first crit. congrats. I don't think things will lead to your death, but if they do, i am sorry about breaking my word and will figure out some way to make it up to you. You didn't do a stupid tactic, but noone else helping you left you exposed. Shame on them!

planswalker
2010-06-10, 12:27 PM
Riliwodi rushes to assist his fallen comrade, bellowing to get their attention and swings his fist directly into their midst. He lands a solid blow on the one who just joined his packmates.

he deals 13 damage.

Upon seeing one of their packmates dead and the rival "pack" rushing to aid its fallen member, the remaining hunters let out whines and whimpers, and withdraw from this scuffle, loping off away over the bounding hills. This leaves one lone hunter trapped between two foes. He seems eager to eacape with his brothers.

do i need to repost the map? the wolf left is the one that goes before Jack. He is stuck between Jack Spade and Riliwodi. The rest withdrew 100 feet away and are fleeing.

Talore
2010-06-10, 12:34 PM
Silvrhanar notes the fleeing pack, and conjures forth a congealed vat of greasy substance at the remaining hunter, ensuring it won't do more damage.

Grease on the final hunter. DC16 Reflex or prone, DC10 Balance to move at half speed, failure means no movement and DC16 Reflex or prone

planswalker
2010-06-10, 12:45 PM
the wolf falls prone.

aivanther
2010-06-10, 01:36 PM
Darus moves forward and chants a healing spell on Jack.

Giving up Magic Circle Against Evil to cast Cure Serious Wounds [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-10, 07:22 PM
Gladehart

Gladeart nods to the others, then attempts to end the creature's suffering.

Rapier strike
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Confirm:
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]

planswalker
2010-06-10, 07:29 PM
With one final slice across the creature's back, it falls down dead. The rest of the pack runs off.

<<Victory>>

everyone earns 643 xp.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-10, 07:38 PM
Gladhart

The draconic human bows his head and pays respect to the hunters in the fashion of his elven people. " Go with peace to your death. " he murmurs. " Thank you, all. Your support was... enjoyed. "

Sarom
2010-06-10, 07:39 PM
"Is everyone ok? You took a beating there Gladheart and Jake. What action shall we take?" Says Mordin, agitated and annoyed by the suprise attack.

aivanther
2010-06-10, 08:57 PM
Darus says, "Jack, Gladheart, are you in need of further healing?" He looks to the two injured companions. After a moment, however he starts and looks to the new comer. "Greetings, friend, we thank you for your help. I am Darus, Priest of God and Disciple of Zeris. By what may we call you?"

Demons_eye
2010-06-10, 10:09 PM
Jack gets up slowly as his wounds are healed walking to pick up the weapon he tossed away "I am fine, I too am great full stranger for your coming here when you did."

Rizban
2010-06-11, 12:15 AM
"I am Allaran, shaman of these lands, speaker for the ten draconic spirits, protector of a herd of drakkensteeds, and mayor of a little village up the coast.

Very scenic during springtime, you should visit some time."

He scratches the phynxkin on the head.

"And this is my boss, Velgauder."

Sarom
2010-06-11, 12:35 AM
"I am Allaran, shaman of these lands, speaker for the ten draconic spirits, protector of a herd of drakkensteeds, and mayor of a little village up the coast.

Very scenic during springtime, you should visit some time."

He scratches the phynxkin on the head.

"And this is my boss, Velgauder."

Getting his act together, Mordin greets the newcomer.
"A pleasure to meet you Allaran and Velgauder. My name is Mordin, a catfolk warlock."

Rizban
2010-06-11, 12:51 AM
"Well, that explains the whiskers."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-11, 01:34 AM
Gladehart

" I am Gladehart, warrior of the elven kingdoms. Fortune, Allaran. I don't like new people, but I can do with you. "

Listen: [roll0]

Rizban
2010-06-11, 01:35 AM
"Oh, I'm really not all that new. I have been around for a few years now."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-11, 01:47 AM
Gladehart

The big dragon human looks wounded. " I meant I don't like outsiders, people who are not my friends. Which is you at the moment, though nomore. I consider you an ally, even if not a friend. "

OOC @Rizban

That is my intentional RP, Gladehart has Cha 6 and Wis and Int 16 and 14 respectively. He actually means he's glad you're a friend, but can't get it across right :smallbiggrin:

aivanther
2010-06-11, 07:40 AM
Gladehart

The big dragon human looks wounded. " I meant I don't like outsiders, people who are not my friends. Which is you at the moment, though nomore. I consider you an ally, even if not a friend. "

OOC @Rizban

That is my intentional RP, Gladehart has Cha 6 and Wis and Int 16 and 14 respectively. He actually means he's glad you're a friend, but can't get it across right :smallbiggrin:

Darus chuckles and says, "Technically, Gladeheart, you are the outsider here, being from offworld and all."

To Allaren he says, "You'll have to forgive my companion, he gets a little tongue tied. My companions, as you might have guessed, are offworlders here to explore, and I have decided to join with them. It is interesting that you mention Drakkensteeds, as my companions have been commissioned to acquire a few for an animal trainer. We were attempting to locate a herd with the hopes of procuring a few, foals preferably."

Rizban
2010-06-11, 10:25 AM
Allaran drops into a combat stance.

"I think not. I am the herd's protector from poachers like you! Why would you seek to take the foals away from their parents anyway?"

Demons_eye
2010-06-11, 10:49 AM
"I am no expert in the field of animals so I could be wrong" Jack starts "But would it matter? In the care of people they are feed, groomed, taken care of, and more safe. Out here they could be attacked by the wild or not find food. Again it could be different here but when I have visited other worlds the tame animals have it easy."

Rizban
2010-06-11, 10:56 AM
"And they are enslaved to work or perform tricks as their masters see fit. What could possibly motivate you to do this?"

Demons_eye
2010-06-11, 11:03 AM
"Its ok to kill a predator that was doing what comes natural to them but not 'enslave' animals? Besides they are no more enslaved by the laws of the wild then in the hands of man"

Rizban
2010-06-11, 11:04 AM
"You're avoiding the question."

aivanther
2010-06-11, 11:05 AM
Darus says in what he hopes is a reassuring manner, "I did not say we wanted to poach your herd. I said we were seeking some Darkkensteeds. I would not wish to violate a Shaman's charge by robbing his herd."

Darus pauses a second and then continues, "However, if I might be so bold, horses exist today in vast numbers in good care because humanity has taken them as their charges. They are well fed, groomed, nursed when they are ill, and in most cases treated as valuable companions and friends. The person for which we are seeking these magnificent creatures is an expert in animal care, and I have seen his charges, he cares for them very well. His intent, I believe, is to take them off world to share their magnificence with other worlds."

Rizban
2010-06-11, 11:06 AM
"You're avoiding my question too.

I hardly believe you do this for the good of the animals themselves. Please answer the question."

Demons_eye
2010-06-11, 12:09 PM
"It was said we were getting gold, now answer mine its ok to kill a hunter but not ok to tame prey?"

Rizban
2010-06-11, 12:15 PM
"Gold? As in paid? ... ...

How much are you getting paid to do this?"

Talore
2010-06-11, 12:29 PM
"Well," Silvrhanar says, "It's about a thousand each. Most of us jsut arrived and we need a job to get stabilized, hone our skills, and get to know the land. Personally I don't relish the caturing of animals, it's distasteful." Silvrhanar stretches his wings, remembering his troubled life. "It's the only job we found. I'd at the least be willing to do another task that isn't so morally grey."

Rizban
2010-06-11, 12:36 PM
"1000 gold each per drakkensteed? ... ...

WHY did you not say this earlier?!

The herd is this way!"

He takes off towards the herd, Velgauder following at his heels.

Sarom
2010-06-11, 04:24 PM
"1000 gold each per drakkensteed? ... ...

WHY did you not say this earlier?!

The herd is this way!"

He takes off towards the herd, Velgauder following at his heels.

Mordinn raises his eyebrows in surprise to his sudden change in attitude. This guy is nuts he thinks to himself.

Giving a shrug and a glance at his companions, he decides to follow Allaran

planswalker
2010-06-11, 04:46 PM
Allaran does indeed lead the group to where drakkensteeds were... about 20 seconds ago. they just took off. They haven't noticed the group of you, yet, so they are flying at a leisurely pace... about 80 feet every 6 seconds, which the locals delineate as a "round." They also use a 6-minute interval called the "Square", but that one comes up less often.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-11, 08:53 PM
Gladehart

He laughs at the change in attitude. Privately, he is greatful he didn't have to answer Allaran's question. Following Allaran, he watches as the Drakensteeds fly, then turns to the others and shrugs. " You guys are too weak at the moment to run after the flying animals. I approximate them to be moving at 800 ft per minute... "

Sarom
2010-06-11, 09:11 PM
Gladehart

He laughs at the change in attitude. Privately, he is greatful he didn't have to answer Allaran's question. Following Allaran, he watches as the Drakensteeds fly, then turns to the others and shrugs. " You guys are too weak at the moment to run after the flying animals. I approximate them to be moving at 800 ft per minute... "

"Approximatly 800ft per minute!?! You got to be kidding me." Mordin replies.

He takes out his arrow, grappling and rope. "How on earth are we meant to catch them when they are flying at that speed?" Mordin ties the rope to his grappling hook then ties that onto his arrow.

planswalker
2010-06-11, 09:13 PM
it is very possible to catch up. think!

Rizban
2010-06-11, 09:14 PM
"You can't do anything but spook them with that. Let's just follow them, for they must land eventually."

Sarom
2010-06-11, 10:08 PM
"You can't do anything but spook them with that. Let's just follow them, for they must land eventually."

Mordin grunts at that remark and puts away the equipment.
"I was just improvising, gosh."

Talore
2010-06-11, 10:29 PM
"Let's not waste any time!" says Silvrhanar, starting off after the drakkensteeds.

planswalker
2010-06-11, 10:53 PM
Although the pace is grueling, the party manages to keep the drakkensteeds in sight until they land again, this time near a watering hole. You can tell that there are several drakkensteeds, but you cannot tell exactly how many from this distance or if there are foals with them.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-14, 04:45 AM
Gladehart

The great dragon-human, not at all tired after the trek, signals for a stop. He growls at Mordin, drawing the Warlock's attention to the Drakkensteeds. He puts one rapier away.

planswalker
2010-06-14, 09:09 AM
As the dragon is growling at his compatriots, another human walks over the hill from the direction of the drakkensteeds, and says "What brings you strangers all the way out here?"

Talore
2010-06-14, 10:24 AM
"Sshh!" Silvrhanar urges, quickly. He then waves this stranger to come nearer, where they could speak quietly, lest the drakkensteeds hear.

Rizban
2010-06-14, 02:12 PM
"I'm just following with my herd there.

Who are you?"

somethingrandom
2010-06-14, 03:32 PM
"My name is Barry. An envoy of the spirit world."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-14, 06:34 PM
Gladehart

The Draconic Warrior glances back and nods. " Silence is our virtue at the moment. "

Demons_eye
2010-06-14, 08:58 PM
"Shall I make it harder to see us?" Jack asks in a whisper.

Rizban
2010-06-14, 10:48 PM
"If I can get close enough without them sensing me, we should be fine..."

((How far away are they?))

planswalker
2010-06-14, 11:07 PM
100 ft. there is a slight hill and an area of long grass after that which leads up to 10 feet away from the closest drakkensteed..

Rizban
2010-06-14, 11:27 PM
Allaran looks to the rest of the group.

"Here goes nothing..."

Allaran drops to the ground and approaches the hill as quietly as he possibly can. He moves up it slowly and deliberately, and heads for the grass. He will not approach closer than 35 feet to the nearest steed.

[roll0]
[roll1]

planswalker
2010-06-14, 11:30 PM
the creature stiffens at your approach, perking up its head looking for the source of the noise

Rizban
2010-06-14, 11:34 PM
How close do I manage to get?