PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Epic Spellcasting Question

Hendel
2010-06-01, 03:32 AM
I am developing an Epic Spell with the Armor Seed. I like the thought of getting a two for one so I have looked at the chart where it has the various factors that add to the spell and the DC.

Normally the Armor Seed is "Target: Creature Touched" so it is a targeted spell, not an effect or area, and it is a touch spell. Under target on the factor chart is shows a +10 modfier to make it affect another target within 300 feet. Is that by itself enough to make it a spell that could affect two targets within 300 feet or do I first need to add the last entry under target that says "change from touch or ranged touch attack to target"?

Basically, it is +10 to the DC or +14 to take the target from "Creature Touched" to "Two Creatures within 300 feet"?

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-01, 06:26 AM
I'd say the second one unless you can touch all targets with your 300ft long arms or somesuch.

Hendel
2010-06-01, 01:40 PM
I'd say the second one unless you can touch all targets with your 300ft long arms or somesuch.

I just was not sure as the spell is already a "targeted" spell but with the range of touch how it made the leap from touch to 300 feet. The problem is that the +4 option say that you could also take a range touch attack and make it a targeted spell. The ranged touch attacks are generally effects such as ray or orbs and they can already affect things at range. Thus, my confusion over the simple +10 or the +10 and the +4 to make it a +14 increase in the DC for the epic spell.