PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the names, they are a-changing

Flame of Anor
2010-06-01, 01:53 PM
Does anyone else feel jarred by all the name-changes? I read through the name-change thread, and found, for example, that the erstwhile Mechafox, Flame Master Axel, and The Q were now, respectively, Fawkes, The Extinguisher, and Green-Shirt Q. An astute reader would probably pick up on stuff like BloddyRedCommie becoming BRC, Face of Evil becoming FoE, and dallas-dakota becoming DD the Cookiemonster becoming Dallas-Dakota, but these complete changes are, I feel, very undermining to one's status in the Playground--all of a sudden, this person you're used to seeing around is just gone, and why would you think to look for them under a completely new name?

Also, could someone tell me what Crimmy's old name was?

arguskos
2010-06-01, 01:55 PM
I want to say Crimmy's old screen name was CrimsonAngel, but, no promises. I've got a TERRIBLE memory for names. >_<

Also, meh, I'll notice this when Serps, Quin, Matthew, or The Giant change their screen names. :smalltongue:

Pyrian
2010-06-01, 01:58 PM
I've been using the same screenname (in various places) for longer than many of our forumites have been alive. :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2010-06-01, 01:59 PM
I've been using the same screenname (in various places) for longer than many of our forumites have been alive. :smallbiggrin:
Just GOTTA show off, eh, Pyrian? :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2010-06-01, 02:02 PM
Crimmy's name was The Crimson Mage (capitalisation, spaces and underscores unknown). He changed it partially due to people confusing him with CrimsonAngel if I recall.

Maybe I should change my name... throw people off my trail for a bit...

raitalin
2010-06-01, 02:03 PM

I'm pretty sure this has been my AOL sn since, like, 1995.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-01, 02:05 PM
Crimmy's name was The Crimson Mage (capitalisation, spaces and underscores unknown). He changed it partially due to people confusing him with CrimsonAngel if I recall.

No, Mr. Shower, you wouldn't dare!

Terry576
2010-06-01, 02:05 PM
I use so many usernames I usually lose track of them.

Terry576 is my age-old forum name though.

I use Dante on rpgmaker.net. :smallsmile:

Flame of Anor
2010-06-01, 02:07 PM
I'm "Flame of Anor" here (as you know), "Lucius Voltaic" on The Steampunk Forum, "Marshal of Doom" on Goonhaven (Tribes 2 server/forum) and some variation of "rocketman0739" most other places.

Now you know.

arguskos
2010-06-01, 02:08 PM
I'm either arguskos or bloodydoves, and I'm the only one of either I've ever encountered anywhere.

Terry576
2010-06-01, 02:09 PM
I'm "Flame of Anor" here (as you know), "Lucius Voltaic" on The Steampunk Forum, "Marshal of Doom" on Goonhaven (Tribes 2 server/forum) and some variation of "rocketman0739" most other places.

Now you know.

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

My Usernames:

Dante, Terry576, Kyarorain, Fallen_Angel, Schism, Solace.

Yeah.

Sneak
2010-06-01, 02:09 PM
I've been thinking about changing my board name, but then I think about how frustrating it can be to not know who people are due to name changes, so I doubt I'll do it. Plus, I'm kind of attached to my name here.

Although I should probably standardize my internet presence handle. The one I'm using everywhere else now is "OpposableThumbsBoy," or "OpposableThumbs" if that's too long. Which I like.

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-01, 02:13 PM
Mauve Shirt was new for me here, but I've started using it as my name elsewhere. My usual username is h0wupdohighknee or ELQ.

The Extinguisher
2010-06-01, 02:18 PM
But I like my new usermane.

I use it everywhere, and I'm largely trying to get away from Flame Master Axel, mostly because it's from my younger and crazier years.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-01, 02:19 PM
DD the cookiemonster contains ''DD'' which was a nickname for me for quite some time.

Not to mention that I kept the(in my oppinion) pretty recognisable avatar series the same so.

So y'all were still seeing pretty much the same person.

Icewalker
2010-06-01, 02:40 PM
I've been considering changing mine for a while, but haven't for just that reason. Just that Icewalker basically has no real meaning behind it, but I now have a lot of names which do which I could use.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-06-01, 02:40 PM
I changed from Gwyn ap Nud to Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll a hwile ago. I figured it was close enough, and it made more sense to me. Gwyn ap Nud just means "Gwyn son of Nud", while Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll means "Light of the Dark", which is awesome and epic.

ForzaFiori
2010-06-01, 02:42 PM
I switched from mf11 to ForzaFiori to match up with all my other screen names. I started phasing mf11 out shortly after joined GiTP, so decided to get with the times and change it.

Pyrian
2010-06-01, 02:43 PM
Just GOTTA show off, eh, Pyrian? :smalltongue::smallconfused: Honestly, the notion of having a screenname for a long time did not strike me as a bragging point. Amusing perspective, but not really a source of pride. That being said...

I'm pretty sure this has been my AOL sn since, like, 1995.~'91 for mine. :smallcool:

ForzaFiori
2010-06-01, 02:45 PM
:smallconfused: Honestly, the notion of having a screenname for a long time did not strike me as a bragging point. Amusing perspective, but not really a source of pride. That being said...

~'91 for mine. :smallcool:

Wow. You weren't kidding. You've had the name for longer than I've been alive (born at the tail end of '91)

Helanna
2010-06-01, 02:49 PM
I'm planning on changing my name in a couple of weeks. Death Dragon was never really intended to be a permanent name, it was just the first thing that came to mind when I registered. Now that I actually visit more parts of the forum than just the OOTS board, I feel I should have a more fitting screen name.

Still not sure exactly what to change it to though.

PirateMonk
2010-06-01, 02:51 PM
BloddyRedCommie becoming BRC

I think that happened before they started giving out name changes.

MCerberus
2010-06-01, 02:52 PM
My two common names were created by my Geocities sites. I don't think you'll have to worry about me changing to something random... except my steam name...

That one is a whole 'nother story.

Sneak
2010-06-01, 02:54 PM
I switched from mf11 to ForzaFiori to match up with all my other screen names. I started phasing mf11 out shortly after joined GiTP, so decided to get with the times and change it.

Oh! You're mf11!

Totally didn't get that. Woo.

The Watchman
2010-06-01, 03:19 PM
But I like my new usermane.

I use it everywhere, and I'm largely trying to get away from Flame Master Axel, mostly because it's from my younger and crazier years.

OMG

BEST

ASHLING PIC

EVER

That was my favorite card, like, ever.

Ever.

Of all time.

Anyway, The Watchman is the only name I've used here, but I am known in various places as Unbeliever, The Shrike, Commander Eagle, and Pure_Argent. If one of those names ever turns up here, it's probably me.

CrimsonAngel
2010-06-01, 03:21 PM
I read the first few comments and skipped to the end, so sorry if this has been resolved. I'M CrimsonAngel, I think Crimmy was CrimsonMage.

I've been thinking of changing my name to Grog.

Flickerdart
2010-06-01, 03:23 PM
I'm Flickerdart nearly everywhere except URealms, The Wiire and Tablet PC Review. So, y'know. Consistency.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-01, 03:36 PM
I'm either Darklord Xavez or LordXavez, depending on if the thing I'm joining allows spaces in usernames, but my My Brute (http://www.mybrute.com/) person is named Zevax.
-Xavez (and it's staying that way)

KilltheToy
2010-06-01, 04:04 PM
I'm KilltheToy here, the Irregular Webcomic! forums and Kongregate and Argon on the Bolter and Chainsword.

So yeah. If someone's name is KilltheToy, it's probably me. The only places it isn't me are MySpace and YouTube.

Dvil
2010-06-01, 04:13 PM
:smallconfused: Honestly, the notion of having a screenname for a long time did not strike me as a bragging point. Amusing perspective, but not really a source of pride. That being said...

~'91 for mine. :smallcool:

Born in '93.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/scary.png

I've been using Dvil ever since I got into forums (so pretty much since I first started living in the internet), though I occasionally mix it up with InqBast now and then. Both are linked, but not obviously.

Prime32
2010-06-01, 04:34 PM
I don't get why anyone would change their username. Unless it's something minor you're basically throwing away the entire reputation you've built up on the boards. Some places force you to do it as punishment. Plus it makes it confusing to read through older threads where they refer to you by a different name.

And I'm curious what Fan's username was before Night Surgeon.

Fan
2010-06-01, 04:37 PM
I don't get why anyone would change their username. Unless it's something minor you're basically throwing away the entire reputation you've built up on the boards. Some places force you to do it as punishment. Plus it makes it confusing to read through older threads where they refer to you by a different name.

And I'm curious what Fan's username was before Night Surgeon.

*swoops in*

It was FF_Fanboy, I threw it away due to multiple flames I had received via private message.

That, and Night Surgeon was just awesome. (http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=CMP2dvGFUlk&feature=fvw)

I changed it to Fan because everyone called me Fan anyways despite the name change. :smalltongue:

amuletts
2010-06-01, 04:49 PM
I can see why someone might want to change their username. I mean if you are known as X everywhere on the net but Y here then you might want to change Y to X so that people realise you're the same person.

The only place I am not known by amuletts is on sites where I *do not* want to be identified. Generally MMORG sites because you get odd messages from supposed 14-year-olds saying "Won't you be my girlfriend" and annoying stuff. I do not want those weirdos following me.

Pyrian
2010-06-01, 04:56 PM
...So, is that you on the Froudian forum? :smallredface:

Castaras
2010-06-01, 04:57 PM
I've always been Castaras on forums. Was going to make my name on here "Castaras, pieomancer extraordinaire" but I got screamed at by people to not do it. :smalltongue:.

arguskos
2010-06-01, 04:59 PM
I've always been Castaras on forums. Was going to make my name on here "Castaras, pieomancer extraordinaire" but I got screamed at by people to not do it. :smalltongue:.
I'd laugh, even though I sincerely expect I don't get the joke.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-01, 05:01 PM
I've been using Froogleyboy since my grandma got internet some years back. AI don't know what year it was, but it was back when I was into Neopets *shudders* and it was back when they were in there original formatting so it was probably 2000, but don't quote me

Frozen_Feet
2010-06-01, 05:10 PM
I aspire to use Frozen Feet as my moniker whenever possible, where ever I go in the 'net. However, I started on forums where anyone could change their screen names at whim, and many (ab)used that feature for all its worth, so I'm used to sudden and confusing screen name changes. On that certain forum, I've taken the habit of using member numbers, join dates and post counts as means of identification. Yes, the last can be used for that. Only so many members hang around long enough to have counts around 15 000. :smalltongue:

Gamerlord
2010-06-01, 05:14 PM
I've been considering a name change myself, but I kinda feel attached to my current user name.

Cobalt
2010-06-01, 05:17 PM
I'm JupiterCobalt almost everywhere else (with Youtube being the exception: see sig), but when I saw that I was the first person to come here and use Cobalt as a screen name, there no way I was letting that go. To let my inner Youtuber do the talking; First.

The cross avatar is consistent no matter where I am, though, so if it's got Jupiter in the name, or Cobalt in the name, it might be me. If it's got a cross as the avatar alongside those things, it is me.

Groundhog
2010-06-01, 05:21 PM
I didn't realize they were changing people's names again.

Good! Now I can capitalize my name, and chop the numbers off the end!

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-01, 05:27 PM
I'm not a socialite in general, so really I never noticed the change. I go so much more by your avatars than names, seriously.

The Vorpal Tribble has been my handle since I started out on the internet when I was... 14? That was... 13 years ago. '97.

However, that's just for gaming forums.

Waguli is standard off gaming forums for me (Cherokee for the whip-poor-will), and Silkspinner for my professional stuff like writing (got that when I started writing for a magazine and was told I can take a crappy story and turn it into silk).

Cobalt
2010-06-01, 05:31 PM
Waguli is standard off gaming forums for me (Cherokee for the whip-poor-will), and Silkspinner for my professional stuff like writing (got that when I started writing for a magazine and was told I can take a crappy story and turn it into silk).

Well that beats the hell out of my pen name.* Comes with a story, too.

*C. Ashburne, if you were wondering.

Gamerlord
2010-06-01, 05:33 PM
With me on the internet, practically all my usernames have the word "Gamer" in them, gamerkid,gamerogre,gamerknight,gamerdragon, gamermaster, and so on and so forth, if it has the word gamer, there is a 70% chance of it being me. Some of them have numbers because the nonnumbered version was taken.

Jokasti
2010-06-01, 05:37 PM
Back when I first got onto the Tubes, I hit up Neopets with dragonsorcerer101, code (blue), and wvero, then when I started playing wow I had wvero, szero, Jokasti, and Mikule. I pretty much just use Jokasti now. Never thought about changing it.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-01, 05:38 PM
I notice when people change their usernames, and my weird internet obsessed mind is jarred by it often.

I keep meaning to change mine because only used it because I couldn't think of something so I googled D&D and up popped Deekin, but I've nothing particularly to change it to it and no one would even notice so there's very little point. Plus I have quite a large stack of K-B avatars that a name change would screw me over big time in that department.

IIRC BRC was asked to change his name because of the political connotations of the original.

Eon
2010-06-01, 05:42 PM
The only time mine was changed was to capitalize my "b" :smalltongue:

Dogmantra
2010-06-01, 05:45 PM
The only time I'd ever change mine would be to add an exclamation mark. That's it.

AstralFire
2010-06-01, 05:45 PM
I've been AstralFire for 11 years, and have a sizable number of the top google results for the name. I only use a handful of different names, most in places where you're creating accounts for characters and not for a user.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-01, 05:57 PM
I've been Blue Ghost for as long as I've been using the Internet (with the exception of Neopets).

Deth Muncher
2010-06-01, 05:59 PM
I actually ranted about this a while back. Glad to know I'm not the only one who notices. :D Face of Evil did too (he's FoE now). I know BRC changed because the mods asked him to, given the political associations of his name. FoE did because he wanted to do stuff in the RPG Forum (as in, the ones you play in, not the one you rant about monks in).

Dr. Bath
2010-06-01, 06:06 PM
I was thinking Grundle Monkditton. A fitting name. Or maybe Yarchimedes which I use elsewhere.

Drakevarg
2010-06-01, 06:18 PM
Psycho is actually my nickname. Full name, which I no longer really use in the same sense that I don't answer to my full name IRL, is "Psychozilla", which has been my name as long as I've been on the Internet (about 12 years, I think).

My old name on the Playground before changing it to my "proper" name was Akushin Oka, which I only chose because this is a DnD forum and he was my character at the time.

Lateral
2010-06-01, 06:21 PM
I haven't been on the forums long enough to request a namechange yet. This is my only forum but I usually use a different name. It was taken on the forum :smallmad:, so I had to come up with something fast. If I could, I'd shorten my name.

Renegade Paladin
2010-06-01, 06:39 PM
I'm Renegade Paladin on most fantasy-oriented boards and Rogue 9 on sci-fi boards. I tend to default to the latter in places that are neither. Renegade Paladin's been in use since 2001 and Rogue 9 since 2003 for web boards, 1998 as my handle for playing X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter online. My handle here's not changing anytime soon. :smalltongue:

Maximum Zersk
2010-06-01, 06:52 PM
My name has changed. But for the most part, it's a visible change from one to another.

It all started when I made a Maplestory Character. (My highest level one, which I unfortunately had to put down after many a year. :smallfrown:) I tried to think of a name that wasnt something like "PS3suxlolz99". I eventually got Zorosuke. I'd like to say that it was a witty take on Zorro, but that would be dishonest. The REAL reason was because I had to choose something vaguely Japanese. I had the -suke suffix (Like Sanosuke. From Rurouni Kenshin). Then, I added two syllables at the beginning, making "Zorosuke". Later on, I tried taking all the vowels out of it, making "Zrsk". Then. when I came here, I added a vowel so it'd be readable for Anglophones. Then I added numbers which had a personal cannotation. "Zersk786".

Now, the reason I changed my name from "Zersk786" to "Maximum Zersk" was because I didn't want to look like a nub. Seeing the opportunity for a change, I added "Maximum" at the beginning. I was recognizable, but it was different.

How's that for an explanation? Good enough reason for a change? I don't think it's that jarring, considering it still had the same root as before.

Trog
2010-06-01, 08:05 PM
I notice avatar changes more than names, mostly, but if someone changed both they'd basically seem like a completely new forumite to me. I couldn't even tell by a person's signature since I always have them turned off. Subtle name changes I usually don't notice right away, nor radical avatar changes, oftentimes.

The user name Trog is taken on nearly every forum ever (blah) so if that isn't available I use mistertroglodyte. Might as well stick to the theme.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-01, 08:07 PM
I usually use "the burning fields" (Or some variation) and that used to be my name around here.

Phae Nymna
2010-06-01, 11:28 PM
I just filed for renaming. My once moniker "Admiral Walrus" was a decision I have regretted since I joined.

Serpentine
2010-06-01, 11:41 PM
Also, meh, I'll notice this when Serps, Quin, Matthew, or The Giant change their screen names. :smalltongue:Well that ain't gonna happen anytime soon for me. I would make this my real-life name if that were possible weren't an incredibly dumb idea. If you see a Serpentine anywhere, it's probably me. If you see a Serpentine16, it's definitely me, and someone else has taken Serpentine (or I did, and forgot).
Yeah, it bugs me too, although I can understand it some of the time. At the very least I'd like people to note in their signatures that they've changed it. If you don't, basically, don't expect me to remember you at all *shrug*
I miss BRC being BloddyRedCommie :smallfrown:

Well that beats the hell out of my pen name.* Comes with a story, too.

*C. Ashburne, if you were wondering.If I ever use a pseudonym for anything, it'll be Linden Thomas. I was nearly called Linden (parents gave my sister 3 names to choose from for me, Linden was one of them), and my great-great-great-great-great(?)-grandmother was called Elizabeth Thomas.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-06-01, 11:56 PM
My name was born of Ratchet & Clank and a couple stints as mad doctor on crappy Neopets roleplay boards. Who better to torment labratory children than one of the men who worked on Megacorp's Protopet project?

Anyway, it replaced my old usual screenname of "The Almighty Striker", born of a close-circle fantasy role-playing proboard. Heh. Three of us in the group were personal childhood friends still living in the same town at the time, and I was the only one unablke to come up with a good name.

The Goblin thing was derived of events described in now-lost Silly Message Board Games and antique AMEN threads here in this land. I was going to change it to "The Fullbladder" or just "Fullbladder" a while back, but a guy talked me out of it.

Hm. What do y'all think of Captain H. G. Fells, and going All Space Pirate All The Time.

I'm kidding. I need the name recognition to fuel various parts of my psyche.

absolmorph
2010-06-02, 12:11 AM
I've been AstralFire for 11 years, and have a sizable number of the top google results for the name. I only use a handful of different names, most in places where you're creating accounts for characters and not for a user.
I googled my name, as well (which I've had for quite some time; 6+ years, IIRC, which puts me at 9 or 10 when I first used it), and I'm most of the username results.
bird-hat-thing, on the other hand, doesn't pull up much about me. It's the username I use on like 3 sites, whereas absolmorph is on 15+ (I don't remember).

Flame of Anor
2010-06-02, 12:25 AM
I changed from Gwyn ap Nud to Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll a hwile ago. I figured it was close enough, and it made more sense to me. Gwyn ap Nud just means "Gwyn son of Nud", while Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll means "Light of the Dark", which is awesome and epic.

Wales FTW! I'm part Welsh myself. (that is Welsh, right?)

I don't get why anyone would change their username. Unless it's something minor you're basically throwing away the entire reputation you've built up on the boards. Some places force you to do it as punishment.

My thoughts exactly. Use as a punishment is very interesting...I wouldn't have thought of it, but I'll bet it's a good deterrent! :smallbiggrin:

It was FF_Fanboy, I threw it away due to multiple flames I had received via private message.

Oh, it's you! I would never have guessed! See, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Face of Evil did too (he's FoE now).

Pretty sure FoE's a she. :smallwink:

Serpentine
2010-06-02, 12:56 AM
:confused:
Pretty sure you're wrong.

rakkoon
2010-06-02, 02:41 AM
I joined a chess site under this name, just kind of stuck.
I have told a couple of friends about this forum and told them my username.
Since I've been sharing a bit more lately I'm kind of regretting this decision. As far as I know they haven't joined yet so I should be in the clear though

Superglucose
2010-06-02, 03:20 AM
Superglucose here and on XKCD and via gmail etc. etc.

The only other names I use regularly are ZombyWoof (I love you if you know what i'm referring to... without looking it up), Phoenix1, and Professor Snape (and various derivatives).

Deth Muncher
2010-06-02, 03:51 AM
Pretty sure FoE's a she. :smallwink:

Silly Flame, there's no such thing as girls on the Internet. It's a fact. A science fact.

Dogmantra
2010-06-02, 05:06 AM
Occasionally, I will use De_Ressurect (and yes I know that's spelt wrong, I'm rather attached to the spelling) if Dogmantra's taken, but that has been all of twice, and not on anything I care about usernames on.

Dr.Epic
2010-06-02, 05:18 AM
Dr. Epic will never change his name so long as my name is Dr. Epic.

Ashen Lilies
2010-06-02, 05:55 AM
Started out on the internets as Kris Katarn. Most of my usernames have Kris in them. Changed my name here once, just to put the space in it. Might lop the 'Kid' off later, replace it with something else once it stops applying. If the option is still open, that it. :smallwink:
Perhaps I shall be simply Kris. And confuse the hell out of anyone who thinks I'm Dirk Kris or Kris Strife.
Hah! In your face, interlopers! The name shall be mine!

I'm pretty sure Crimmy used to be 'thecrimsonmage' with no caps or spacing. I'd have changed it too.

rakkoon
2010-06-02, 05:59 AM
* plans name change to The Crimson Rakkoon or TCR for short *

Serpentine
2010-06-02, 06:59 AM
Dr. Epic will never change his name so long as my name is Dr. Epic.Recursivalicious.

Dispozition
2010-06-02, 07:12 AM
On GitP I have been Dispozition, Dis, and D...But that was with the old boards when you could change your name whenever...Been Dispozition since the board change.

I mostly use Dispozition on the net; steam is the only difference, being legendinhislunchbox, but I use Dispozition as my tag mostly now.

I've only had it since about '04, but I'm almost every hit on google...

Totally Guy
2010-06-02, 07:18 AM
I need a better name...

I've gone by the name Antrim online in the past. But then people thought I was from Antrim.

Anuan
2010-06-02, 07:18 AM
I've been Anuan since I was twelve. Its similarity to my first two names scrunched together is a coincidence. I have a few others I've used.

I may change on here at some point. But the other names I use feel like masks or nicknames, wheras Anuan is...me.

Eldan
2010-06-02, 08:21 AM
Always been Eldan. It was my second ever D&D character. The name came from a random generator, by the way.

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-02, 08:46 AM
A google search of "Mauve Shirt" turns up first the TVtropes page, then a bunch of shopping results, then my dream log, then here.
I'm all of the results for "h0wupdohighknee" though.

onthetown
2010-06-02, 09:35 AM
Currently changing to onthetown, myself. It's what I go by in every other forum and internet place that isn't here. I'm not actually sure why I didn't pick it in the first place for here. :smalltongue:

Started out on the internets as Kris Katarn. Most of my usernames have Kris in them. Changed my name here once, just to put the space in it. Might lop the 'Kid' off later, replace it with something else once it stops applying. If the option is still open, that it. :smallwink:
Perhaps I shall be simply Kris. And confuse the hell out of anyone who thinks I'm Dirk Kris or Kris Strife.
Hah! In your face, interlopers! The name shall be mine!

My name is Kris, too! We'll be the Kris twins or something!

AstralFire
2010-06-02, 09:36 AM
Namechangers should make sure to put their old names in their signature. If they got nothing better to put in it, their old avvies too.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-02, 09:45 AM
All my usernames on the net are a variation of Dusk Eclipse (depending if space or underscore, etc) I don't know why though.... I don't even remember where I got the Eclipse part from (Dusk is my favorite D&D character btw)

The Watchman
2010-06-02, 12:39 PM
Googling my username "Unbeliever" turns up... nothing about me.

Googling "Commander Eagle" also turns up... nothing about me.

Googling "Pure_Argent" turns up... a rather NSFW collection of quotes from the JREF forums chat room, which are incredibly hilarious, even though I'm only involved in one of them, as well as pretty much every JREF thread I was ever involved in.

Googling "The Watchman" turns up... nothing about me.

I'm so unknown. :smallfrown:

EDIT: Oh, but Googling "The Shrike" turns up my Colbert Nation user profile on page 2.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-06-02, 12:39 PM
This site is the only one on which I am called Fifty-Eyed Fred. My rationale is simple: by using a different username here, I partition the groups which know me on the Internet. :smallcool:

Cobalt
2010-06-02, 01:00 PM
Googling my username "Unbeliever" turns up... nothing about me.

Googling "Commander Eagle" also turns up... nothing about me.

Googling "Pure_Argent" turns up... a rather NSFW collection of quotes from the JREF forums chat room, which are incredibly hilarious, even though I'm only involved in one of them, as well as pretty much every JREF thread I was ever involved in.

Googling "The Watchman" turns up... nothing about me.

I'm so unknown. :smallfrown:

EDIT: Oh, but Googling "The Shrike" turns up my Colbert Nation user profile on page 2.

Use only one username? Don't feel bad; a search for JupiterCobalt only gave me four pages. I'm the first six on page one, a few on page two, and from there on out it's a bunch of Japanese sites I have nothing to do with.

I'm not asking questions. Neither should you. <.< >.>

skywalker
2010-06-02, 01:27 PM

Your new avatar did that sufficiently for me. I had no idea this was you until my eyes drifted (belatedly) to the username. I've read your posts in 3 different threads and not realized who was making them.

I've been thinking about changing my board name, but then I think about how frustrating it can be to not know who people are due to name changes, so I doubt I'll do it. Plus, I'm kind of attached to my name here.

Your join-date would probably suffice for ID, at this point. Very few regulars with that old a date.

The only time I'd ever change mine would be to add an exclamation mark. That's it.

Where?

I miss BRC being BloddyRedCommie :smallfrown:

Me too.

I was going to change it to "The Fullbladder" or just "Fullbladder" a while back, but a guy talked me out of it.

Your name is so long and epic, tho. It seems like one of those things that would be grandfathered past some weird character limit, or something. We should start a rumor, even if it isn't true.

My name... Is a function of a long string of handles. My first AIM sn was "skywalkert65b" (which no-one in normal-people-land understands), and I had a mind to keep myself as one congruent web-personality for a while. When I found out "skywalker" (no numbers) wasn't taken on this forum, I jumped for it. I used to own "skywalker" on Kingdom of Loathing, too, but they deleted me for inactivity about a month before they stopped deleting people for inactivity, and someone else took my name.

I've started using my real name on some forums now, usually the less nerdy ones. I feel "skywalker" is less weird for me to use personally, since my name is, in fact, "Luke."

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-02, 01:31 PM
I feel a bit offended, by googling my User name (Dusk Eclipse) I get.... a lot of stuff about the Twilight Saga, I am offended!!:smallannoyed:

Well at least I got 1 hit on the first page

Edit: It is even more weird, when I google DuskEclipse I get link to my youtube channel. my fanfiction account and some post on this and other forums:smallconfused:

GrlumpTheElder
2010-06-02, 01:39 PM
I feel a bit offended, by googling my User name (Dusk Eclipse) I get.... a lot of stuff about the Twilight Saga, I am offended!!:smallannoyed:

Well at least I got 1 hit on the first page

Edit: It is even more weird, when I google DuskEclipse I get link to my youtube channel. my fanfiction account and some post on this and other forums:smallconfused:

You think that's bad...

If you google one of my other usernames, you come up with all sorts of stange Thai sites, some less than desirable...

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-02, 01:44 PM
You think that's bad...

If you google one of my other usernames, you come up with all sorts of stange Thai sites, some less than desirable...

My only issue is my name being compared to such bad books*, but if you say your username directes to ...undesirable sites, I think you got it worse than me

*Personal opinion after reading said books

Amiria
2010-06-02, 01:48 PM
I began as Amiria, then was first Amiria, Mistress of Counterspelling, then Amiria, Countess of Mispelling and so on. That was back when the boards where running on YaBB, where you had an account name, but could change your screen name freely. A bit confusing but it was fun.

Now it has been a while since I went to the name change thread to remove the Countess of Mispelling "title". Hmm, I sometimes miss it but I'm not sure if I really want it back ... I probably would now if I could change myself like in the distant past.

The Watchman
2010-06-02, 01:51 PM
Use only one username?

I would, except for the following issues:

- "Unbeliever" is fairly common, as usernames go. Most sites I register on already have an Unbeliever.
- Many sites don't allow spaces in their usernames. "The Watchman" is, therefore, pretty difficult to register as, and it loses its impact if it's just "Watchman". Dunno why. It just doesn't sound as cool. Ditto for "The Shrike", though that one is also fairly common. I'm not the only person out there who's read the Hyperion Cantos.
- "Pure_Argent" was a one-shot name because "Unbeliever", "The Watchman" and "The Shrike" were all taken. I would change it, seeing as the Unbeliever and the The Watchman on that site have now de-registered, IIRC, but I've gotten a reputation on those forums that I'd prefer to keep.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-02, 02:29 PM
WOO I'm on the first page for googling Kobold-Bard. It's the photobucket page where I keep all my avatars.

And not a single mention of that bastard Deekin http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/evil.png

Elder Tsofu
2010-06-02, 02:47 PM
Hmpf, most hits on my name is from that "copy-cat" Robert Jordan. :smalltongue:
- may he rest in peace.

New names are a confusing - lucky that many are just minor and cleans up the username. :smallsmile:
It is good that the name change thread demands that you state your old and new user-name in the same post - that way its a bit easier to find.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-02, 02:50 PM
And not a single mention of that bastard Deekin http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/evil.png

Who?Ten characters

Prime32
2010-06-02, 02:51 PM
Who?Ten charactersA kobold bard in Neverwinter Nights.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-02, 02:59 PM
A kobold bard in Neverwinter Nights.

I told you never to mention that creature in my presence![/Uncle Scar]

:smalltongue:

Prime32
2010-06-02, 03:05 PM
A kobold bard/dragon disciple.

That better?

Siosilvar
2010-06-02, 03:16 PM
If we're discussing google results now... 3 (well, 6 if you count "omitted" results) pages, all of it me. Or auto-tracker thingies trying to stalk me.

Never have changed my username. Likely never will.

And if you must know where it came from, it was my first pen and paper D&D character concept. Not character, I never actually played him. Just concept.

MCerberus
2010-06-02, 03:28 PM
Google results: MCerberus and the like go straight to here. Previous incarnations of the name missing.

My first geocities was apparently archived sans the index.html somewhere

My second geocities, live account, and common FPS handle is either 1. some kind of beagle mix breed or 2. news stories involving the words that make up said handle. My photobucket is somewhere on the third search page.

ForzaFiori
2010-06-02, 03:30 PM
Googling ForzaFiori gets my myspace, photobucket, a Bebo account a friend made me set up, here, and a couple others about me. I have the entire first page, except for one link to an Italian soccer page (which is fitting, seeing as I'm both a soccer player, have Italian ancestry, and pull for Italy in the WC)

Quincunx
2010-06-02, 03:49 PM
Running my username through Google gets. . .a lot of online dictionaries with varying definitions. Pages of definitions, most forgotten, and all applicable. An excellent result for something which isn't the sort of name I answer to.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-02, 04:27 PM
I get 6 pages, all of it me.
Shockingly enough, there aren't that many people with a similar name to me.

I'd like to change my name to just Shas aia Toriia, without the apostrophe, but then that would screw up my awards in my sig.

Gamerlord
2010-06-02, 04:34 PM
Who?Ten characters

Only the best character in NWN history.

Amiria
2010-06-02, 04:42 PM
I had to go to the 12th page of google results to get to the Amiria that I am, the Silverthorn thread on these boards that I have in my signature.

Google image search shows one of the avatars saved on my photobucket account on the 4th page, two more on the 5th page.

However, googling my "former" "titles" "Mistress of Counterspelling" and "Countess of Mispelling" leads to results that are all about me.

Drakevarg
2010-06-02, 04:42 PM
Googling my (full) name gets some results from my old RP forums, and some from something called the Psychozilla Tribune... when did I get a newspaper?

Also, question for all of you: who here reflexively answers to their username IRL?

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-02, 04:44 PM
Googling my (full) name gets some results from my old RP forums, and some from something called the Psychozilla Tribune... when did I get a newspaper?

Also, question for all of you: who here reflexively answers to their username IRL?

Not very often. Kobold-Bard doesn't come up too often IRL :smalltongue:

The Watchman
2010-06-02, 04:50 PM

Dunno. Nobody's ever called me that in real life. But if they did, I probably would.

Pyrian
2010-06-02, 04:51 PM
Also, question for all of you: who here reflexively answers to their username IRL?*raises hand* There are enough people that use that as my primary (or only) moniker in real life that I respond to it, although I don't quite have the "pick it out of a bustling crowd" effect I have with my more usual RL nickname. Amusingly, I don't respond to my actual name much at all, which has caused confusion in the past.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-02, 05:04 PM
Well, considering that I also use this name for online gaming, sometimes my friends or I will call each other by those names.
To be fair though, nobody can pronounce mine properly. :smallfrown:

Drakevarg
2010-06-02, 05:08 PM
Shahs-aiah Toh-rih-ihah?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-02, 05:18 PM
Yes. People call me Kyuubi all the time. No I'm not serious. Oh, and if Psycho is reading this, I have to say, the noise the barn owls makes is scarier than the pictures of that dog.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-02, 05:32 PM
I have and will respond to ''cookiemonster''

Also Dallas-Dakota is first on the second page, when Googling. Mah random banter.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-02, 05:35 PM
Well, People always call me "Elvis" or "Pothead" but those usernames are always taken

Castaras
2010-06-02, 06:18 PM

Me. I even have a t-shirt which has on the back of it "Castaras", and underneath that the symbol for Pi.

Some days I feel like I'm more Castaras than I am Lizzie (real name).

I'd laugh, even though I sincerely expect I don't get the joke.

No joke to get. Was just amusing to me that about 10 minutes after posting my request in the name change thread I got a rather worried PM about it. :smallamused:

AstralFire
2010-06-02, 06:20 PM

My girlfriend and I are both commonly referred to by our main 'net handles.

Drakevarg
2010-06-02, 06:29 PM
Truth be told, no one ever calls me Psycho IRL except sarcastically. It's a bit irritating. Maybe I should start using my other handle, Ryu Okami, a bit more. On account of it being a name and not a mental condition.

And Kyuubi... fair enough. But it becomes an entirely different matter when encountering the two in person.

Dogmantra
2010-06-02, 06:35 PM
Where?

At the end. Like Dogmantra!

It goes back to the fact that I actually kinda want to change my real life name to contain an exclamation mark so that I'm upset when I see the electricity bill but then when I see that they wrote "Dear Mr. Surname!" (note to the oblivious: my surname, regardless of how cool it would be, is not "Surname") on the top, I will smile and everything will be okay.

Also credit cards with exclamation marks = amazingly cool.

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-02, 06:45 PM

Nobody IRL calls me Mauve Shirt, but every time I see the word "mauve" written down I have to pause and dismiss the idea that it's talking to or about me.

Trog
2010-06-02, 06:51 PM
I think I do. Though it only ever comes up at meet-ups with other Playgrounders. Many times people there don't remember each other's real names so it's often easier to call them by their forum handle. :smallsmile:

Dvandemon
2010-06-02, 07:04 PM
I don't really have a diiferent forum name (besides Dvander222 and something along the lines of TheGreat). So I might as well tell the origin of mine. My cousin's username in other areas was Dvander22 and so me, with my hurry to register used a pathetically uncreative variant. I chose demon because I just found out about Hellboy and was all *squee!*. Fun fact, my cousin's first name stars with a D and his middle name is Evander.

I read the first few comments and skipped to the end, so sorry if this has been resolved. I'M CrimsonAngel, I think Crimmy was CrimsonMage.

I've been thinking of changing my name to Grog.

Don't you dare! >:{
*swoops in*

I changed it to Fan because everyone called me Fan anyways despite the name change. :smalltongue:

Why would you get flames?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-02, 07:56 PM
Hmm. I'm thinking I might ask for my Username to be changed to Slade. (Yes, the villain from Teen titans)

What's the playground think of this?

Drakevarg
2010-06-02, 07:59 PM
Hm... I dunno. If you've already gotten to the point where you'd literally look up and ask "Yes?" if someone said Kyuubi near you, its a handle you should probably stick to.

On the other hand, if you DO go through with it, you'd definitely have to change the avatar. The dissonance would just be too weird.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-02, 08:05 PM
Hm... I dunno. If you've already gotten to the point where you'd literally look up and ask "Yes?" if someone said Kyuubi near you, its a handle you should probably stick to.

On the other hand, if you DO go through with it, you'd definitely have to change the avatar. The dissonance would just be too weird.

Ah. Good point. I could never use a cute Avatar again.

And I was joking about that.

EDIT: On the other hand, the Kyuubi is hardly a bright cheerful guy either and I do have two demon avatars I could use more often.

arguskos
2010-06-02, 08:10 PM
Hmm. I'm thinking I might ask for my Username to be changed to Slade. (Yes, the villain from Teen titans)

What's the playground think of this?
/smack. No. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Also, yes, I do respond to "argus" in real life. No one uses it, but, I do respond to it.

Dvandemon

Unless someone lives in San Diego and works in the school district, I don't think anyone will ever refer to me as Dvandemon, unless it's my friend from DA

Your name is so long and epic, tho. It seems like one of those things that would be grandfathered past some weird character limit, or something. We should start a rumor, even if it isn't true.

I've already been passing that wround, since around the time I had prepared to change it, someone else had tried to change their name to something a bit shorter than mine, with fewer spaces, and was rejected for being to long.

I'm still the only guy people complain about stretching the forum index.:smallbiggrin:

[edit] Yeah, I'd respond to my username in real life. I have almost reffered to myself as "The Fullbladder", very nearly adding it into sentences (the way I, the Fullbladder, often do here) in real life, also.

Drakevarg
2010-06-02, 08:12 PM
Ah. Good point. I could never use a cute Avatar again.

And I was joking about that.

EDIT: On the other hand, the Kyuubi is hardly a bright cheerful guy either.

Sarcasm is hard to discern through text. A pity, really, seeing as how I'm pretty much always sarcastic.

As for Kyuubi... well, the name sounds brighter and more cheerful than Slade. The fact that you've been using the name long enough that my brain makes the connection to you before it makes the connection to the giant fox monster doesn't hurt in that regard.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-02, 08:14 PM
Sarcasm is hard to discern through text. A pity, really, seeing as how I'm pretty much always sarcastic.

As for Kyuubi... well, the name sounds brighter and more cheerful than Slade. The fact that you've been using the name long enough that my brain makes the connection to you before it makes the connection to the giant fox monster doesn't hurt in that regard.

Okay. That's a no then.

I may get a Slade Avatar in the future anyway.

I'm a little surprised nobody really notices I changed my name that much.

Drakevarg
2010-06-02, 08:15 PM
Okay. That's a no then.

I may get a Slade Avatar in the future.

It would, at the very least, make me be able to stop having to resist the urge to glomp you every single time I see your posts. :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2010-06-02, 08:17 PM
It would, at the very least, make me be able to stop having to resist the urge to glomp you every single time I see your posts. :smalltongue:

What if it was a Chibi Slade?

Drakevarg
2010-06-02, 08:17 PM
What if it was a Chibi Slade?

Slade's Aura of Badass can burn through even the cutest of shells.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-02, 08:18 PM
Slade's Aura of Badass can burn through even the cutest of shells.

Yes, but being Bad*** doesn't necessarily make it so that you don't want to glomp something.

ForzaFiori
2010-06-02, 08:27 PM

I do, but that is because my user name is a nick name for me from real life (My last name, Fiori, happens to mean flowers in Italian. Forza is Italian for power (well, force technically, but close enough) so ForzaFiori means (kinda) flower power). Forza is also part of my xbox 360 user name, and if i ever have a spare 800 microsoft points, I'm gonna change the thing to just plain ForzaFiori. So i get called it alot.

Flame of Anor
2010-06-02, 08:28 PM
:confused:
Pretty sure you're wrong.

Huh. I was sure I'd seen somewhere...

But you probably know better.

Drakevarg
2010-06-02, 08:32 PM
Yes, but being Bad*** doesn't necessarily make it so that you don't want to glomp something.

True enough. I'd glomp Samus Aran if given the opportunity, and she's the Intergalactic Queen of Badass.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-02, 08:52 PM
Okay, I asked for an OOTS Slade avatar. You probably won't want to glomp my avatar after somebody makes it.

Zevox
2010-06-02, 08:56 PM
Given nobody ever uses or would have any reason to use my username IRL, since it's a name I completely made up, that's kind of a non-issue for me.

Zevox

skywalker
2010-06-03, 12:52 AM
Running my handle through Google does not find me. :smallwink:

I get 6 pages, all of it me.
Shockingly enough, there aren't that many people with a similar name to me.

I'd like to change my name to just Shas aia Toriia, without the apostrophe, but then that would screw up my awards in my sig.

I think your "Magtok Award" is the best award ever. I want to know who won in the polls, quite honestly.

I refer to forumites I know in real life by their forum-names on occasion. Jack Squat is in my phone as "Jack [Real Name]," from back when I had a hard time remembering who he was, exactly.

It goes back to the fact that I actually kinda want to change my real life name to contain an exclamation mark so that I'm upset when I see the electricity bill but then when I see that they wrote "Dear Mr. Surname!" (note to the oblivious: my surname, regardless of how cool it would be, is not "Surname") on the top, I will smile and everything will be okay.

Capital idea!!!

Superglucose
2010-06-03, 01:17 AM
This is something that happens a lot in the Brawl community. I have a good friend named Roy, and I know him as Tanj just because that's how I was introduced to him. Same with my buddy Stephen who got me a job... everyone keeps talking about "Oh Stephen's doing this this weekend" or "Stephen just got married" and I'm like, "Who's Stephen? OH! You mean psychosis! Gotcha." People call me Snape all the time and I don't bat an eye. Or Phoenix or P1.

No one really calls me Superglucose though. It's too long and only shortens to "super."

The Extinguisher
2010-06-03, 01:21 AM
Googling The Extinguisher or Exti fails to find me.

Googling Flame Master Axel turns up the few places it still exists. Weird.

Yarram
2010-06-03, 01:50 AM
I see why'd you'd have attatchments to names, and in a way, having the same name for years is a status thing...
I tend to change names as often as shirts...
Here are some of the one's I've used:
Really Old Ones:
I_Think_Sometimes
I_am_the_Cheese_Weasel
Gorest
Narcille
Froobyone
Muffin_Rider
MaeMae
Potato_Mercenary
The_Demonstrator

But these days I usually go with Learn.Patience.

Serpentine
2010-06-03, 02:04 AM

What's the playground think of this?I'm somewhat over the whole otaku thing (nothing personal, mind), and "Slade" sounds pretty cool, so I'd support that. So long as you made it clear in your sig you used to be Kyuubi.

If anyone called me "Serpentine" in real life, I would certainly respond. "Serp" feels more natural to me than... my real name contraction. I sort-of avoid saying my real name on here because I don't like anyone here calling me by it.
I still call The Rose Dragon by his old name sometimes...

There are nearly 6 million results for "Serpentine" in Google. Unsurprisingly, none of them are me (I've given up at page 20). Serpentine16, on the other hand, has the first few being me, more or less (oh yeah, I have a Myspace...), mostly my Devian Tart, Photobucket and OKCupid. The Playground turns up on the second page.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-06-03, 02:08 AM
I used to use other names in the way back when, but not any more. At the moment, I'm on two main names.

Shadow of the Sun
SpawnofHastur.

I'd never answer to one of those IRL. In fact, people using the acronym 'SotS' to refer to me is something that raises my hackles.

rakkoon
2010-06-03, 02:35 AM
Well, since my username contains my real first name I'll surely look at the person who said it. Mind you I had the same problem in Latin class, nearly had a heart attack every time she yelled "***" at the beginning of a sentence.

rakkoon
2010-06-03, 02:36 AM
Well, since my username contains my real first name I'll surely look at the person who said it. Mind you I had the same problem in Latin class, nearly had a heart attack every time she yelled "***" at the beginning of a sentence.

EDIT: darn that censoring
EDIT2: can't delete second post...computers conspiring against me. Aaaaaaaaah

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-03, 02:55 AM
Also, question for all of you: who here reflexively answers to their username IRL?*raises hand*
Yeah. Part of it has to do with the fact that I don't like my given name so much. Part of it is based on the fact that I used the name Zeb when I started playing MMO's, which in turn led to it being used to address me in Ventrilo and Teamspeak. A lot of it has to do with going to a fair few GitP meetups and making friends with those I meet who knew me as Zeb first.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-06-03, 04:44 AM

In England, it would only cost you £33 to add an ! to the end of your name (well, actually £33 for changing your whole name, but yeah...) :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 06:02 AM

This is the best idea ever :smallbiggrin:

I'm still the only guy people complain about stretching the forum index.:smallbiggrin:

What about purple gelatinous cube o' Doom or Death, your friend the Reaper. Both abuse my screen as much as you do, it's not fair you get all the flak :smallwink:

Serpentine
2010-06-03, 06:03 AM
They don't hang 'round so much any more, as far as I see :smallfrown:

Yarram
2010-06-03, 06:17 AM
On that note, what ever happened to the Emperor?

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 06:18 AM
They don't hang 'round so much any more, as far as I see :smallfrown:

I see the doom cube posting (or at least posting last in a thread so it stretches my User CP screen) about as much as our Goblin Lord. Must just be lucky timing on my part.

banjo1985
2010-06-03, 06:20 AM
I respond to "Banjo" IRL, though it doesn't come up very often. When I go bowling or karting, or anything else where you have to give a name I'm always Banjo.

Death I remember seeing pretty recently, PGCoD not so much.

Dogmantra
2010-06-03, 08:45 AM
In England, it would only cost you £33 to add an ! to the end of your name (well, actually £33 for changing your whole name, but yeah...) :smallbiggrin:

Good thing I live in England. :smallbiggrin: Let me guess though, you gotta be 18? FRIG THAT.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-06-03, 10:36 AM
Good thing I live in England. :smallbiggrin: Let me guess though, you gotta be 18? FRIG THAT.

Actually, you only need to be 16!

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/ApplyOnline.html

Dogmantra
2010-06-03, 11:04 AM
Actually, you only need to be 16!

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/ApplyOnline.html

Nine days.
NINE DAYS.

YES! :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 03:11 PM
Nine days.
NINE DAYS.

I demand proof if you go through with this. You must get into a local paper and inform us :smallbiggrin:

Dispozition
2010-06-03, 05:36 PM
Nine days.
NINE DAYS.

Hahahha you are so young. What is this >:

I now know the feeling of Girlfriend and Djinn, and Potato...Just not on such a grand scale.

Dogmantra
2010-06-03, 05:55 PM
Hahahha you are so young.

I prefer the term "not yet obsolete".

Cobalt
2010-06-03, 05:57 PM
I prefer the term "not yet obsolete".

Which is to say, "You're all old."

See, I get to say this 'cause he's the same age as me.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 09:43 PM
Which is to say, "You're all old."

See, I get to say this 'cause he's the same age as me.

I'm not old. I can still still be down with the kids....ok I'm old.

arguskos
2010-06-03, 09:56 PM
...Dogmantra is only 15? DAYMN. :smalleek:

Are there going to be otherbombshells tonight, like Quin is only 20 or something?! My mind, it be blown.

Also, compared to that, I'm old too. Damn. :smallannoyed:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-06-03, 09:58 PM

Are there going to be otherbombshells tonight, like Quin is only 20 or something?! My mind, it be blown.

Also, compared to that, I'm old too. Damn. :smallannoyed:

I'm 15 too.

And I was on these forums before a lot of you.

Damn I was young then.

Yeah, i respond to Gwyn a lot. Whenever I take the streetcar to school, one of the stops is Gwynne street, and I always give a little jump.

arguskos
2010-06-03, 10:00 PM
I'm 15 too.
DAMMIT REALLY?! :smalleek: Jeez, I feel like a grumpy old man, shaking a cane at the whippersnappers or something (though, I know I'm not even in the running for the eldest on here, since I know for a fact there are multiple folks in their mid-to-late 40s running around).

Flame of Anor
2010-06-03, 10:03 PM
I was 15, four years ago...

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 10:06 PM
I'm 15 too.

NO FREAKING WAY!!

You young people with your rock music and your 4th Edition......

DAMMIT REALLY?! :smalleek: Jeez, I feel like a grumpy old man, shaking a cane at the whippersnappers or something (though, I know I'm not even in the running for the eldest on here, since I know for a fact there are multiple folks in their mid-to-late 40s running around).

You may not be that old chronologically, but we all love you for being a grumpy old man in spirit :smallwink:

---------------
Must...write...placement report....even though...didn't actually...do a placement...:smallsigh:

Dispozition
2010-06-03, 10:06 PM
I was 15, four years ago...

*hi fives for being 19*

But yeah...You're all too young. Jeez, grow up or something.

Deth Muncher
2010-06-03, 10:07 PM
*hi fives for being 19*

But yeah...You're all too young. Jeez, grow up or something.

*Double highfives for 19ness*

arguskos
2010-06-03, 10:08 PM
You young people with your rock music and your 4th Edition......
I lawled heartily, truth be told.

You may not be that old chronologically, but we all love you for being a grumpy old man in spirit :smallwink:
Spirit? What? :smallconfused::smalltongue: My friends back in Texas used to say I was the oldest person they knew, thanks to me being grouchy and all. I turn 22 this year, but inside, I'm already 82. Go me. :smalltongue:

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 10:10 PM

I turn 22 this year, but inside, I'm already 82. Go me. :smalltongue:

HA! What a fogey. It's not like I'm the same age as you and then mocking you for being old....I wouldn't do that :smallredface:

Flame of Anor
2010-06-03, 10:10 PM
*hi fives for being 19*

*Double highfives for 19ness*

*fist bumps*

arguskos
2010-06-03, 10:11 PM
HA! What a fogey. It's not like I'm the same age as you and then mocking you for being old....I wouldn't do that :smallredface:
I can kill Erastus, I can do it in a heartbeat. Juuuuuuust saying. :smallcool: Naw I wouldn't. Or would I? BABABUM!!

Lord of Syntax
2010-06-03, 10:17 PM
Everywhere but GitP, I am "Nonpython". It comes from a truncation of "Nonpythonic", a term for Python code that does not follow the standard style.

Here, I was "A WinRAR Is Me!", then due to getting flames for being a /b/tard, I switched to "Limecat", then due to getting bored with it, I am now "Lord of Syntax".

Also, I am 14, turning 15 at midnight.

Temotei
2010-06-03, 10:30 PM
I used to be Temotei everywhere, but that was taken so often that I decided to add some numbers. The first thing that popped in my head was 151 because that was my go-kart number, but that was taken on the site I originally decided to use numbers with my username on.

Temotei1 wasn't complicated enough and it just looks like I added a number for the fun of it. So...I picked a random number. It stuck. I use it everywhere now.

I'm eighteen now, by the way. My birthday is June 1st.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 10:38 PM
I used to be Temotei everywhere, but that was taken so often that I decided to add some numbers. The first thing that popped in my head was 151 because that was my go-kart number, but that was taken on the site I originally decided to use numbers with my username on.

Temotei1 wasn't complicated enough and it just looks like I added a number for the fun of it. So...I picked a random number. It stuck. I use it everywhere now.

I'm eighteen now, by the way. My birthday is June 1st.

Temotei doesn't seem to be taken now. You could PM Roland or something to see about taking it over.

Temotei
2010-06-03, 10:43 PM
Temotei doesn't seem to be taken now. You could PM Roland or something to see about taking it over.

Nah. Everyone knows me now as that guy with a very similar name to Timotei from Lucky Star, except with numbers after his name. :smalltongue:

Plus, 221 is catchy.

Note: I have no idea what Lucky Star is, other than the fact that it's Japanese. Most likely a television show.

arguskos
2010-06-03, 10:44 PM
Nah. Everyone knows me now. :smalltongue:

Plus, 221 is catchy.
Yes, I know you as Temotei, not Temotei221. :smalltongue:

I was thinking for awhile about changing my name to bloodydoves. Didn't, since a fellow here talked me out of it. Keep thinking about it though, but realized it'd be too confusing most likely.

Temotei
2010-06-03, 10:46 PM
Yes, I know you as Temotei, not Temotei221. :smalltongue:

I was thinking for awhile about changing my name to bloodydoves. Didn't, since a fellow here talked me out of it. Keep thinking about it though, but realized it'd be too confusing most likely.

You should seriously capitalize Arguskos and stick with that. Arguskos is such a cool name. :smallcool:

I never know whether to capitalize your name or not! It's very frustrating.

Eh, I might change my name though. :smallsmile:

arguskos
2010-06-03, 10:50 PM
You should seriously capitalize Arguskos and stick with that. Arguskos is such a cool name. :smallcool:

I never know whether to capitalize your name or not! It's very frustrating.

Eh, I might change my name though. :smallsmile:
Capital letters killed my family. :smallfurious:

Ok, but for srs, I didn't want it capitalized for [reason]. [reason] is totally foolproof, and thus I will never capitalize it. Also, for reference, the proper term of address is "argus". arguskos is so... formal. :smalltongue:

EDIT: On the topic of 221, eh, I could give or take it. I never EVER refer to you as thus, but I could see why you might want to.

Sneak
2010-06-03, 10:50 PM
I actually kind of do want to change my GitP name, but can't think of anything particularly good. Anyone have any suggestions? (And yes, I've already thought of WittyDashingAmazingHumble327. :smalltongue:)

Oh, and for the record, I'm 16. Turning 17 in less than two months though! Woo, I can almost see R-rated movies legally!

Kinda takes the fun out of it though, doesn't it. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

Flame of Anor
2010-06-03, 10:55 PM
I actually kind of do want to change my GitP name, but can't think of anything particularly good. Anyone have any suggestions? (And yes, I've already thought of WittyDashingAmazingHumble327. :smalltongue:)

Noooo! That is something not to be endured! :smalleek:

If you want a change, why not go back to your old avatar?

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 10:55 PM

Oh, and for the record, I'm 16. Turning 17 in less than two months though! Woo, I can almost see R-rated movies legally!

Kinda takes the fun out of it though, doesn't it. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

The Midget? And then you can go around hacking the site and deleting the comics like The Giant's evil opposite twin?

And seriously, going into an off-licence and not being asked for ID when buying booze for the first time was a crowing achievement in my life (which shows you how sad my life is really). It was the first (and kinda last) time I felt like an adult.

arguskos
2010-06-03, 10:58 PM
And seriously, going into an off-licence and not being asked for ID when buying booze for the first time was a crowing achievement in my life (which shows you how sad my life is really). It was the first (and kinda last) time I felt like an adult.
I'm one of those guys that hasn't been carded in like 5 years for anything. And yes, I couldn't legally buy alcohol until last October (stupid 21-limit >_<). :smalltongue:

Temotei
2010-06-03, 11:02 PM
I'm one of those guys that hasn't been carded in like 5 years for anything. And yes, I couldn't legally buy alcohol until last October (stupid 21-limit >_<). :smalltongue:

Hey...check it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8624319&postcount=208) out. :smallamused:

Dispozition
2010-06-03, 11:04 PM

It's funny because I've been buying alcohol for over a year now...Gotta love Australia and it's 18 limit.

Cealocanth
2010-06-03, 11:05 PM
It seems like I'll be on these forums for a long time. Seeing how some of you have been here since you were 11, I'm sure I'll be around for at least 2 more years.

arguskos
2010-06-03, 11:06 PM
Hey...check it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8624319&postcount=208) out. :smallamused:
AWSNAP

We're totally ****** now. Temotei is gonna punk us, like fo' sho'. :smalleek:

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-03, 11:13 PM

HOLY ****! You're birthday's in October? I'm freaking older than you by a month (depending on actual dates it could only be a week or so, but still)!!

I'm so old :smallfrown:

Sneak
2010-06-03, 11:18 PM
Noooo! That is something not to be endured! :smalleek:

If you want a change, why not go back to your old avatar?

...which one is that again? :smalltongue:

Temotei
2010-06-03, 11:29 PM
HOLY ****! You're birthday's in October? I'm freaking older than you by a month (depending on actual dates it could only be a week or so, but still)!!

Agreed. You should get younger, you.

...which one is that again? :smalltongue:

AAAAaaaaaAAAAAAA

Drakevarg
2010-06-03, 11:40 PM
I'm one of those guys that hasn't been carded in like 5 years for anything.

It's the beards.

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-03, 11:41 PM
DAMMIT REALLY?! :smalleek: Jeez, I feel like a grumpy old man, shaking a cane at the whippersnappers or something (though, I know I'm not even in the running for the eldest on here, since I know for a fact there are multiple folks in their mid-to-late 40s running around).*snags cane*

Gimme back my cane! :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

(I'm only aware of one person who's actually over 40 on the forums. At least that actively posts and that I would recognize. The rest of us with wisdom bonuses are only nearing 40. :smallcool:)

Deth Muncher
2010-06-03, 11:43 PM

Heh, off-licences. I forgot you called them that over tharr-abouts. Which is funny, because I walked into one at age 17 and didn't get carded. And bought Jagermeister. Fun fact: Ireland's drinking age is 18, but NOBODY CARES.

(I was also 3 months from 18, but eh.)

2010-06-03, 11:44 PM
I see the doom cube posting (or at least posting last in a thread so it stretches my User CP screen) about as much as our Goblin Lord. Must just be lucky timing on my part.

I will explain this to you. I, the Fullbladder, am trying to conquer the ENTIRE SILLY MESSAGE BOARD AREA! and as such spend most of my time in that churning void. And lately I've been tkaing some time off, on account of being hooked on Huntin' Monsters to turn into weapons and armour to Hunt Monsters in an endless recursive loop of Wii gameplay.

So, Cube, a creature of the higher, less post-heavy boards, will appear upon your screen rather more than myself, in my land where people get ninja'd every day.

Also I'm off at most times when people are on.

Holy carp, I'm older than Sneak, and I'm the one who did the paperwork to make him a god.

Ichneumon
2010-06-03, 11:59 PM
It's interesting to see how much I've changed as a person since I registered here. I don't think I would have chosen the username "Ichneumon" now if I hadn't done it back then.

Temotei
2010-06-04, 12:06 AM
Holy carp

I think I'll be using this in conversations from now on.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-04, 12:10 AM
Heh, off-licences. I forgot you called them that over tharr-abouts. Which is funny, because I walked into one at age 17 and didn't get carded. And bought Jagermeister. Fun fact: Ireland's drinking age is 18, but NOBODY CARES.

(I was also 3 months from 18, but eh.)

Shocker, people in Ireland don't care about alcohol based laws :smallwink:
This is a joke, I know it's a stupid stereotype.
Admittedly it's a now really annoying getting ID'd, but that first time was a special moment.

arguskos
2010-06-04, 12:12 AM

Oct 6, to be exact.

*snags cane*

(I'm only aware of one person who's actually over 40 on the forums. At least that actively posts and that I would recognize. The rest of us with wisdom bonuses are only nearing 40. :smallcool:)
I know 1 for total fact. I am preeeeetty sure of a few others (if I'm wrong, they just post like they're old men).

Pyrian
2010-06-04, 12:24 AM
This place often makes me feel like an old man. :smallcool: That said, being described as "nearing 40" gives me the heeby jeebees! :smalleek:

Temotei
2010-06-04, 12:31 AM
This place often makes me feel like an old man. :smallcool: That said, being described as "nearing 40" gives me the heeby jeebees! :smalleek:

I don't think you have to worry about being old until you're sixty.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-04, 12:32 AM

I have to ask: is the guy in your avatar you or not? I keep wondering every time I see a post from you, but keep forgetting to ask.

arguskos
2010-06-04, 12:33 AM
Ok, scratch one suspicion.

Temotei
2010-06-04, 12:35 AM
I have to ask: is the guy in your avatar you or not? I keep wondering every time I see a post from you, but keep forgetting to ask.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2007_Comic-Con/cc07_01.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/MickeyBundle.jpg

Here (http://www.pixievisionproductions.com/gallery/loj2006/IMG_0433_small).

Yep. That's him. :smalltongue:

Setra
2010-06-04, 12:37 AM
I came up with 'Setra' a long time ago, sadly so have other people, as it seems to be taken in many places I go on the internet :smallfrown:

So in the few places I can use Setra, I'll stay Setra :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-04, 01:10 AM
I know 1 for total fact. I am preeeeetty sure of a few others (if I'm wrong, they just post like they're old men).Bor is over 40, but not by much. Trog, El Jaspero, Midnight Son, and I, were all born in '71. Pyrian? I thought you were younger than that. I'd have guessed late 20s to be honest.

OH! I think Surfing Half-Orc may be over 40 also, now that I think on it. He's retired military as I recall, so he's right in the mix there.

arguskos
2010-06-04, 01:14 AM
Bor is over 40, but not by much. Trog, El Jaspero, Midnight Son, and I, were all born in '71. Pyrian? I thought you were younger than that. I'd have guessed late 20s to be honest.

OH! I think Surfing Half-Orc may be over 40 also, now that I think on it. He's retired military as I recall, so he's right in the mix there.
That's the list I was thinking of, actually, mostly. I also have my suspicions about Matthew (from Gaming) and a few other harder to recall folks. I'm not super-far off it seems (most of that list is either 40+ or very very close).

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-04, 01:31 AM
Here (http://www.pixievisionproductions.com/gallery/loj2006/IMG_0433_small).

Yep. That's him. :smalltongue:Pyrian, I do believe this is the best costume idea I've ever seen. Was the lightning actually light, or was it just a good camera trick that made it look like it's actually travelling down the tabard?

Dogmantra
2010-06-04, 01:53 AM
You know, I get that a lot around these parts. These parts being the internets.

banjo1985
2010-06-04, 03:24 AM
You young whippersnappers! I'm one of the boards many 20-somethings who are still told by everyone IRL that there young, only to come on here and be reminded how far our childhood is in the past by you young-uns! :smalltongue:

Banjo is only my forum name here. In the only other forum I frequent semi-regularly my tag is WakkaAteMyPie...I have no idea why. :smalleek:

Castaras
2010-06-04, 04:13 AM
*snags cane*

Oldest I know of is 47. Although at the UK meetup got mistaken for being mid 20s, iirc. He doesn't post regularly, but enough to be noticed. :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-04, 04:23 AM
Oldest I know of is 47. Although at the UK meetup got mistaken for being mid 20s, iirc. He doesn't post regularly, but enough to be noticed. :smalltongue:Indeed, I had forgotten about Lensman. He either doesn't post in places I read, or only posts in places I read very, very infrequently. (Coincidence that I saw him post just today right before reading this post. :smallcool:)

Serpentine
2010-06-04, 04:24 AM
Hey Zeb, how old are you and your grandtroll, again? Wanna see how far you are behind a guy my mum knows who was a great-grandfather... before 50, at least :smallwink: :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-04, 04:28 AM
Hey Zeb, how old are you and your grandtroll, again? Wanna see how far you are behind a guy my mum knows who was a great-grandfather... before 50, at least :smallwink: :smalltongue:I turn 39 in August. Grandtroll turned 3 in January. While it's possible, it's not likely I'll be a great-grandpappy by 50.

*crosses fingers, knocks on wood, nails up horseshoes, plucks four leaf clover, and kisses leprechaun*

Serpentine
2010-06-04, 04:30 AM
Hm. You seem to be about 6 years behind (iirc, he had a kid when he was 15, kid had a kid when he was 15 (grandfather at 30), and that kid had one... at least fairly youngish, not sure if he kept the same pattern, though).
Good for you :smallwink::smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-04, 04:42 AM
Hm. You seem to be about 6 years behind (iirc, he had a kid when he was 15, kid had a kid when he was 15 (grandfather at 30), and that kid had one... at least fairly youngish, not sure if he kept the same pattern, though).
Good for you :smallwink::smalltongue:Yeah, I was 16 (going on 17), Bele was 18.

Serpentine
2010-06-04, 04:57 AM
Good situations or bad?
Or myob? :smalltongue:

You were sixteen, going on seventeen, laaa lala laa la...

Deth Muncher
2010-06-04, 05:05 AM
Good situations or bad?

You were sixteen, going on seventeen, laaa lala laa la...

*primes shotgun* We don't take kindly to that musical 'round these parts.

Quincunx
2010-06-04, 05:05 AM
I think skywalker might have the longest generational cycle on these boards. For certain his family has only gotten through one generation in the timeframe these families used to go through two.

arguskos: Don't think it would help you any to point out I was called 'bitter old biddy' in my senior year of high school? (I mellowed out, right after I got away from those people. Funny, that.)

Used to be surprised when guys of level-headedness would ping younger than late adolescence. Not so much now, since it recurs. It's like we all come to the 'net in isolation, and don't need to impress the surrounding folk, and guys can afford to be considerate and thoughtful as much as girls can afford to be heeded. That, or classy demeanor is timeless. Either/or.

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-04, 05:23 AM
Good situations or bad?

You were sixteen, going on seventeen, laaa lala laa la...(Yes, song reference was intentional. I turned 17 11 days after Bele was born.)
I'm not sure what you mean by good or bad situation.

I'm fairly open about my life and times, so I won't likely say anything is MYOB. I tend to tell my tales to whomever will listen. :smallcool:

Serpentine
2010-06-04, 05:25 AM
Well, if you don't mind my asking... Were steady relationships, completion of study as desired, reasonable incomes, family support, community acceptance, and so on, present?
Aka, was the births overall good, or overall... bothersome at the time... if you know what I'm trying to say?

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-04, 05:39 AM
Well, if you don't mind my asking... Were steady relationships, completion of study as desired, reasonable incomes, family support, community acceptance, and so on, present?
Aka, was the births overall good, or overall... bothersome at the time... if you know what I'm trying to say?I was in a stable committed relationship at the time. I was, however, in high school, so I wasn't actually as ready as I thought I was to be deciding who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. And the financial bit could definitely have been better. She was unemployed and I was working fast food. Both of us were living with our respective parents, of course. I graduated high school, she did not. This did contribute, however, to my joining the armed forces immediately after high school instead of going to college first. My family support could hardly have been any better. Both sets of parents were disappointed that we'd let it happen, but because happen it did, they were nothing but helpful once we shared our predicament with them. We ended up separating shortly after Bele was born and I joined the Army when she was less than a year old, so she has no active recollection of her mother and me as a couple.

As for Bele, from my perspective I think the same thing happened with some minor (read: important) differences. They both graduated high school. They walked down the aisle and got married fer realz instead of by common law. She's working, he's not. They're still married (though that's on shaky ground at the moment, but it's far from "over" at this point). Neither of them has completed college yet, but on that front I didn't either until after I turned 30, and they're both still trying to get it done, after a fashion.

All in all for both of us, it definitely could have gone much, much worse.

Serpentine
2010-06-04, 05:44 AM
Well that's good. Better than my sister and my friend, anyways :smalltongue:

Pyrian
2010-06-04, 02:28 PM
I don't think you have to worry about being old until you're sixty.I started having problems with being old at 22. :smallsigh: :smallyuk:

I have to ask: is the guy in your avatar you or not?Hahah, yeah that's me. :smallcool: Some conversation on internet anonymity sparked me to start using my picture as my avatar. ...I've forgotten exactly why.

That, or classy demeanor is timeless.That has been my experience. "Maturity" is much less age-related than advertised.

Pyrian, I do believe this is the best costume idea I've ever seen. Was the lightning actually light, or was it just a good camera trick that made it look like it's actually travelling down the tabard?Why thank you. :smallcool: That costume was almost impossible to photograph (with no flash and all you see is the lightning, with flash you can't see the lightning); Pixie's awesome take was a long-ish exposure. The lightning is electroluminescent wire (http://www.elwire.com/), and I have flicker-switches in each hand so I can "feather" it on-and-off at will.

Pyrian? I thought you were younger than that. I'd have guessed late 20s to be honest.36. I do try to look younger, though. I looked a lot older a few years back with the goatee before I started dyeing my hair. :smallfrown:

arguskos
2010-06-04, 02:38 PM
arguskos: Don't think it would help you any to point out I was called 'bitter old biddy' in my senior year of high school? (I mellowed out, right after I got away from those people. Funny, that.)
Amusingly enough, no. :smalltongue:

Used to be surprised when guys of level-headedness would ping younger than late adolescence. Not so much now, since it recurs. It's like we all come to the 'net in isolation, and don't need to impress the surrounding folk, and guys can afford to be considerate and thoughtful as much as girls can afford to be heeded. That, or classy demeanor is timeless. Either/or.
Eh, age and... you know, I can't think of the right word for the other thing. I want to say manners, but that's not completely right. I want to say maturity, but that isn't either. Damn words, not working the way I want. Anyways, it does seem that those two variables are not as correlated as was once thought. Huzzah for good stuff. :smallcool:

Temotei
2010-06-04, 04:13 PM
Banjo is only my forum name here. In the only other forum I frequent semi-regularly my tag is WakkaAteMyPie...I have no idea why. :smalleek:

Because Wakka is chaotic evil?

Kallisti
2010-06-05, 06:15 PM
WOO I'm on the first page for googling Kobold-Bard. It's the photobucket page where I keep all my avatars.

I Googled it, and the top result was Kobold (Dungeons & Dragons) on Wikipedia, with the displayed excerpt "Deekin Scalesinger is a Kobold bard who is an NPC minion found in several of the expansions to Neverwinter Nights. Deekin is a shopkeeper in Neverwinter ..."

Drakevarg
2010-06-05, 06:19 PM
I Googled it, and the top result was Kobold (Dungeons & Dragons) on Wikipedia, with the displayed excerpt "Deekin Scalesinger is a Kobold bard who is an NPC minion found in several of the expansions to Neverwinter Nights. Deekin is a shopkeeper in Neverwinter ..."

Did you Google "Kobold Bard" or "Kobold-Bard"?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-05, 07:32 PM
Well, Psycho, I got an avatar you probably won't want to Glomp.

Drakevarg
2010-06-05, 07:33 PM
While a kawaii Slade is imaginable, that particular one doesn't qualify. :smalltongue:

(On a vaguely related note, turns out the actual name Slade is already taken. Just noticed a few minutes ago, akshully.)

Mystic Muse
2010-06-05, 07:38 PM
While a kawaii Slade is imaginable, that particular one doesn't qualify. :smalltongue:

(On a vaguely related note, turns out the actual name Slade is already taken. Just noticed a few minutes ago, akshully.)

Huh. I just looked it up and you're right. I'm surprised he doesn't have a Slade avatar.

EDIT: I almost want to rename this account "Rachael Roth.*" The only real problem being People calling me "Rachael" at Gencon would be awkward considering I'm a guy.

*An alias for Raven from teen titans. She's my favorite protagonist.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-08, 12:15 PM
Did you Google "Kobold Bard" or "Kobold-Bard"?

Technically the Wikipedia page is also first on Kobold-Bard, I just didn't bother to read it. Now I feel :smallfrown: and also :smallfurious: and also :smallredface:

KoboldRevenge
2010-06-09, 11:16 PM
I'd just keep on trucking and get use to the new names

KoboldRevenge
2010-06-10, 06:23 PM
your name is like Enor's