PDA

View Full Version : Cliche IC

Ertier
2010-06-01, 02:44 PM
The roundish tavern you sit in smells of stale beer and sweat. Dimly lit by a few oil lamps, an ominous smoke from pipe weed fills the air, suffocating the room with an acrid and noxious smell.

An old man in a cloak sits comfortably in the far corner, and your party of five misfits sharing a table with him, sitting in silence.

"So... I heard you were looking to save the world..."

Map of Vale County

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb62/Ertier/ValeandSurroundings.png

Flob
2010-06-01, 03:54 PM
Krug looks at him expectantly and with great interest. But, also, with a fair amount of confusion.
"What wrong with world? Can Krug fix with Blade?"

Ormagoden
2010-06-01, 04:08 PM
Grimm

Grimm nearly spits his ale out all over the table, nearly. "Boy, I don't know where you get your information... eh? " He looks to Krug as he speaks and then back to the old man he was calling boy. "The only fixing I'm doing is fixing to finish this mug of ale." A few grumbles and a sigh exits his leathery face as he tilts back his mug and a spindly line of ale drips down his chin.

Kol Korran
2010-06-01, 04:18 PM
Quasimodo

a fairly soft if raspy voice comes from under the table, where the last of the group chose to hide under. "Not much of a world, but better than the alternative. meh, someone gotta do it. what's on your mind?" then there's an odd silence, as if the speaker just realised he's spoken too much.

Demons_eye
2010-06-01, 05:30 PM
Thinking to a time not far back Gin lays in his chair. He is leaning back, one foot under the table rocking him, flicking a card card in the air and grabbing it before it fell. He flicks one more card in the air and drops it, seeing is it the Jack of Spades.

Gin slams the chair down, while standing, hands hitting the table also. In an angry, but soft, voice he says "I got nothing better to do Old Man"

Ertier
2010-06-02, 08:15 AM
((We'll get started when our final member posts))

gdiddy
2010-06-02, 11:40 AM
Ooch ja! Vats wrong vit zee vorld?

Alesia says this, only marginally distracted by a card game with a neiboring that is causing her to lose her clothes.

"Playing cards is a difficult game. However, ve elves keep our promises."

She hesitates a minute before slipping the technicolor robes of Prancee'Lass over her head, revealing a leather bodice that defies gravity, modesty, and reasonable expectations of comfort.

"Sorry, boys. But if I took zis off, I'd be naked."

She passes out Prancee'Lass literature at the table of mostly-naked men and then sits down in the free seat next to the old man. Alesia brings with her a moderate-sized pile of clothes, which she sets neatly under her chair. She leaves her robe at the table. They won it fair and square.

Flob
2010-06-02, 02:51 PM
Krug does his best not to stare at the new member, and something is bugging him. Under his breath, he does his best to murmur (in Orc):
"Do not like elves, must not like pretty elves..." (feel free to allow a listen check or something here Ertier)

Ertier
2010-06-02, 03:00 PM
Hehe. Glad to see that your heart is in it. The old man cracks his neck.

If you wish to save the world, you must travel to the floating city of Madazii and convince the Emperor otherwise. Or kill him. Follow the brick road west out of town to the Spooky Woods. From there you must follow the road as far as it takes you to the town of Barlow. The man stands up and dusts of his robe.

You will not go alone. I shall follow you. My name is... Ects, Ects Poschisn.

Flob
2010-06-02, 03:43 PM
Krug stands up, grabbing his massive sword and backpack. He takes one step towards the door, and than stops, realizing that something is wrong, but he can't put his finger on it...

Demons_eye
2010-06-02, 04:02 PM
"Sch.. Maybe I might find something interestin' doing this" Gin says to himself as he stands up too.

Ormagoden
2010-06-02, 04:12 PM
Grimm

"Wha's that?" Grimm says his aging ears straining to hear the orc.

"Emperor! I have a debt to settle with that no good rotten BAS****! Maybe he can do me a favor and get on with turning this place to dust already. HA!" With that Grimm slams his second ale down his gullet and then slams the mug onto the table. Once he's taken a few steps away from it the table trembles and then snaps in half.

He callously flips the inn keep a silver and says "For the tab kiddo." while following the young lad (aka old man) out.

Listen for the orc's comments [roll0]

Flob
2010-06-02, 04:17 PM
"Krug, Krug say nothing! Krug have... uh.... Krug have cold!"
Krug than coughs, apparently forgetting that a sneeze would probably be the best way out of the situation. He than hurridly exits the bar, forgetting to tip the barkeep.

gdiddy
2010-06-03, 01:24 AM
Alesia bounces fantastically at the thought of a floating city. Something told her the city was very Elfish. Elves loved pointless displays of magic for ascethics.

By zee autumn moon, ve should hurry, then. If zee vorld ends, zere vill be no more naked prancing vhile beating each other vit zee ceremonial oiled whips. Enough fooling around. Vaiter, accept zee clothes of zat table. Im sure zhey'll pay you to get zem back. Some of zem have tiny little schemeckendongels zat look like spare hobbit parts.

She says this as she digs through her bag and dons her armor. As she at last wiggles into the scale mail tube top, she puts her helmet under her arm and hurries after her new companions.

If anyone said anything racist about Elves, she surely didn't hear it in her rush to prepare for the horrors of the Spooky Woods.

Kol Korran
2010-06-03, 09:08 AM
Quasimodo slithers from under the table, making a quick scurry towards the door, mumbling under his breath and they say i'm weird... actually they say i'm ugly... actually, ungly and weird. hmmmm... follow the brick road. can do that. should be simple. what could ever happen?!?

Ertier
2010-06-03, 10:24 PM
Whisked away from the tavern nearly as fast as you could move, you start moving further down the road and out of town. The verdant hills start to fade as you enter...

The Spooky Woods

The darkness of the woods creeps into your soul. Hanging branches turn the day into night, and obscure the path ahead. A feeling of perverse malignancy overtakes you. Something is terribly wrong. Something... The shadows creep across the road, dancing a macabre waltz in the fading daylight, playing upon each other like tides in the sea.

On the road in front of you an abandoned caravan sits in the shade and a group of men loot through the wagons. They haven't seen you yet.

Demons_eye
2010-06-03, 10:38 PM
"Woods don't scare me. What they thinkin' tryin' ta name some woods spooky to make people afraid. I anit afraid god damn it" mutters Gin to himself. As if to disprove him his body shakes and his voice is eradicate. He jumps as a snap of a twig some where in the woods and yelps. After seeing the caravan he mutters "Damn woods.... Damn people in the woods. Tryin' ta scare me. I show them..... Damn woods..."

Kol Korran
2010-06-04, 08:42 AM
on the road here, the elusive Quasimodo tried to "scout ahead" of the party, not quite knowing how to interact with them- a floosy elf, a... slightly dim orc, an old man who shouts all the time, and that... overly cool guy with the cards. (sigh) Quasimodo never really got along with guys like that. better scout ahead than.

the spooky woods were indeed spooky. Quasi liekd shadows, but these ones seemed alive, moving, hungry... and then there were those men. QUasi motioned his comrades, and slid into the woods, trying to become invisible, while drawing his bow, and trying to gain as much info as possible of the situation.

stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
Edit: rolling a 1 and a 2... great start quasi...

Flob
2010-06-04, 01:55 PM
Krug stares at the men, with a look of pure concentration on his face. Suddenly, he appears to realize something, and charges the men, yelling;
"KRUG NOT LIKE MEN WHO STEAL FROM NICE FOLK!!!"
Attack roll:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Initiative: [roll2]
AC: 13 (-2 from charge)

Demons_eye
2010-06-04, 05:07 PM
Gin jumps as he hears the yell and see the blur run past him. He holds his chest for a second and yells "Damn you mother @#$%^&. You almost gave me a heart attack."

Init

[roll0]

Kol Korran
2010-06-05, 06:21 AM
Quasimodo curses, and prepares to shoot na arrow, preferably at anyone who hasn't seen him yet.

init: [roll0]

Ormagoden
2010-06-05, 10:46 AM
Grimm

"Where you running off to pup?" Grimm looks to Krug as he runs off. Upon seeing some bandits he hefts his Halberd and starts over towards them.

Initiative [roll0]
Readying an action to charge a brigand that attempts to attack Krug

gdiddy
2010-06-05, 01:38 PM
Alesia can't help herself but be excited. She's only ever hurt people in training exercises, business, and for religious observances. And here she is, surrounded by lesser races, doing honest-to-goodness adventuring in a spooky forest.

"For zee Prancing God!" Alesia screams out a well-rehearsed battle cry as she hops onto a short squat stone and draws a bow. On her tip toes, she takes aim at the slowest of the figures.

"Murder zem! FOR JUSTICE!"

The first arrow flies through the air even as she realizes that her Common needs work.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: 1d6-1

Cha Roll to do fantastic while she does all this: [roll2]

Ertier
2010-06-06, 10:42 AM
WHAT THE HELL? One of the men screams, before getting cut down by Krug.

BANDITS! Another yells, watching his companions get slaughtered by your viscous assault. The survivors quickly flee into the woods.

Strange behavior for "enemy combatants" I guess... :smallannoyed:

Demons_eye
2010-06-06, 11:16 AM
Gin seethes for a second before walking up to Krug "You just killin' random villagers now? Come on man we need to get our !@#$ together."

He summons a long staff and wackes Krug on the head with each word, not hard but not playful "We. Do. Not. Attack. Random. People. Got. It?"

Flob
2010-06-06, 11:55 AM
"But... but Krug see men loot wagon, men must be bad!"
Krug gives a small wimper, as a small child would, looking dismayed at what he had just done to the apparently innocent.
"Krug, Krug not bad, Krug help! See?"
Krug does his best to attach the one half of the mans torso to the other, but to no avail. He falls to his knee's and sobs.

gdiddy
2010-06-06, 12:33 PM
"Are you sure zey vere innocent? Zey vere poorly dressed. Dirty people are bad, I had zought...Ozer'vise, vhy not vash like intelligent beings?"

Alesia is honestly dumbfounded. How could someone dirty or unattractive be good? Actualy, she would have to voice here suspicions that Quasimodo was a double agent to Ects.

Demons_eye
2010-06-06, 10:05 PM
"Sigh... Its good Krug, people be makin' mistakes all the time, but you hafe ta be more careful when dewalin' with peoples lives" Gin says as he packs the giants back.

Ormagoden
2010-06-06, 10:33 PM
GRIMM

"Run bandits RUN!" The old man yells. He would chase them off into the woods but his knee is hurting a bit. He sneers a bit and looks around "Must be a storm coming, or a dragon... My knee is getting creaky."

Kol Korran
2010-06-07, 07:06 AM
quasimodo comes to the edge of the wood, feeling sympathy for the dead and the fleeing. "perhaps we should look for them? make amends... somehow? i was wrong too Krug. i had my bow ready" Quasi lets out a strange sound. he's ashamed of himself for being so hasty. under his cowl however he looks suspicously at Alesia, and mutters "dressing pretty attracts attention. sometimes the wrong kind of attention... i prefer no attention. easier to sneak that way."

Flob
2010-06-07, 01:56 PM
Krug wipes the tears off his face and looks up at Gin.
"Krug, Krug want thank you... for understanding."
Krug stands up slowly, and gives him a back-breaking hug, lasting far longer than it should have.

Ormagoden
2010-06-08, 08:56 AM
Grimm

He points down to the bodies and the junked wagon. "Well lets loot what we can from these dastardly thieves." Grimm sets about looking around the cart.

Search [roll0]

Demons_eye
2010-06-08, 10:55 AM
Gin grunts as his back breaks and notices the old man searching for stuff "What now?"

Ormagoden
2010-06-08, 12:10 PM
Grimm

"What'd ya say?" Grimm looks to Gin as he roots around.

Demons_eye
2010-06-08, 12:19 PM
"If you dont find nothing then what" Gin ask.

Flob
2010-06-08, 02:53 PM
Krug releases Gin, and than looks at the dead body. He starts to do his best to dig a grave for the body using his huge sword.
"Krug sorry for what Krug did, at least Krug can give you...
Krug seems to forget the word he was looking for.
sleeping hole."
Not the best word, but Krug thinks he has done well with his short speach, and looks a strange combination of sad/proud.

Kol Korran
2010-06-09, 07:34 AM
Quasimodo approaches Gin slowly. not comfortable in the light. "i've been to this situations- it doesn't matter what we intended to do, but rather what they think we are. to those people, we are monsters, murderers, and bandits..." Quasi looks around him carefully "um, i think we should get out of here, and through the woods, um, FAST"

Ormagoden
2010-06-09, 10:18 AM
Grimm

"Bandits! We drove them off!" Grimm says to Quasimodo. It might be apparent to everyone right about now that Grimm seems to have a bit of a problem with hearing things.

"Now lets see what they had that we can pawn to the shop keeper!"

Nothing? if so time to carry on into the woods.