PDA

View Full Version : AvB - Neox

Rizban
2010-06-01, 03:35 PM
This thread is intended for Niezck's eyes only. If you are not Niezck, get out.
(The Watchman put that at the start of his private threads, so I did too...)

As you unroll the scroll you see some scrawled instructions within.

Porter's Road, Merchants' Quarter
2 blocks west of The Sisters of Salvation Center
Halfling woman, brown hair, green eyes, white robe
Will be distributing small packages to locals between 6pm and 8pm
Contract must be completed tonight
Payment dependent on quality of work. You will be observed.

Destroy this document once read.

Niezck
2010-06-02, 01:13 PM
After reading the scroll, Neox makes a mental note of the woman and the address before tearing the scroll to pieces and dropping a single piece. Then, snarking at the old man's comment, he walks out of the room and makes toward the exit, dropping two more pieces, a good distance apart, as he does.

Upon leaving the building, he approaches the nearest merchant and speaks softly. Can you tell me where Porter's Road is please? In the merchants' quarter?

Rizban
2010-06-02, 02:38 PM
"Just head right on down Asingbury Avenue here 'til you hit Broad Chase, the main thoroughfare in Merchant's Quarter, then go one more block. Porter's Road is the next one over and runs near parallel. If you're looking to hire a body or two to do some labor though, I got meself a couple lads what I would be willing to hire out cheap and save you the walk."

Niezck
2010-06-02, 02:53 PM
The lads won't be necessary, thank you. With that the elf reaches into one of his belt pouches and removes a silver piece. For your troubles.

He turns in the direction of Broad Chase, but pauses mid-turn and looks at the man, removing one of the pieces of torn paper from his hand.

Could you dispose of this for me please? Thank you again.

He passes the paper to the man and strides on.

Rizban
2010-06-02, 03:03 PM
The man looks at the coin and the piece of paper slightly irritated. He pockets the coin then says, "A moment sir, might I know your name before you go? It would be nice to know should we have dealings at some point in the future."

Niezck
2010-06-02, 03:06 PM
Certainly. My name's Valore. Valore Kineth. Pleasure to meet you.

The dark-skinned elf stretches out his free hand to meet the man.

Bluff?
[roll0]

Rizban
2010-06-02, 03:23 PM
He gives you an odd look.

"Very well, Mr. Kineth. I look forward to doing business with you in the future. Feel free to come by my shop some time on Broad Chase. I'll work you a good deal."

Niezck
2010-06-02, 03:32 PM
Is there something strange about my name?

The elf gives the man a quizzical look before continuing.

Regardless, what kind of trade are you in, Mr ... ? He prompts the man for his name.

Rizban
2010-06-02, 04:00 PM
"Kaestner. I'm a merchant, carpentered goods mostly. My two sons work as porters until they get a little older and get a bit more education. I'm teaching them a bit of woodworking too. All boys need a trade, I say."

Niezck
2010-06-02, 04:24 PM
Pleasure to meet you Mr Kaestner. Should I need any woodwork doing, which might just occur, I'll be sure to find you.

I'm a bodyguard, by the way. Catering the rich and the powerful - I make sure they stay alive long enough to do whatever they need to do.

Rizban
2010-06-02, 04:30 PM
"Well, I can't say my business does so well that I'm in need of protection. I hope you have luck in the future."

Kaestner turns and continues down the street in the direction he was heading before you stopped him.

Niezck
2010-06-02, 04:34 PM
And luck to you too.

With that the elf walks casually down the street, continuing past the turning onto Broad Chase and the next, entering Porter's Road and eyeing it up. Along the way two more pieces of the paper are dropped at large distances apart - only two or three remaining now.

Rizban
2010-06-02, 04:39 PM
Porter's Road is mostly a collection of warehouses and low quality wholesale shops. The majority of workers in the area are indeed porters, muscle hired for moving heavy loads in and out of the warehouses. You notice a lone guardsman walking rounds down Porter's and back up Raine's, the next street over.

He spots you and approaches, his hand resting on the pommel of his sword. "Evenin' sir, I hain't seen ya round abouts before. Ya lookin fer something special I mights can help ya find?"

Niezck
2010-06-02, 04:53 PM
Nothing in particular, although I feel I may be slightly lost. Could you show me where The Sisters of Salvation Centre is please?

Could I get a (rough) map layout of the street & one block either side? And what's the time?

Rizban
2010-06-02, 05:07 PM
"Yeah, sure, it's that squatty plaster building right there."
He points to a small two story building a few yards away that is indeed covered with white plaster. There are a few open windows, and the Sisters can be seen going in and out.

I'll get you a map as soon as I get one... which should be some time tonight... I'm going off of vague descriptions and what I make up at the moment. We should have a map tomorrow at the absolute latest.

The road is mostly 1 story warehouses, but there are a few two story ones too. A few stores with apartments above them are scattered about. There are some open plots too with just a roof where workers congregate between jobs.

Niezck
2010-06-02, 05:12 PM
Thank you! Can't imagine there's much for you to do around here, is there much trouble?

And the time?

Btw, the note said the woman was two blocks east of the centre, but the guard just pointed to the centre as though it was on the same street as the woman would be?

Either way, I can start planning the assassination when I get the map.

Rizban
2010-06-02, 08:49 PM
"There be plenty to do despite the lack of trouble. You looking to cause some trouble?"

It's about 6:30pm.

It's two blocks down the same road. The road runs east to west.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 05:38 AM
Me? Of course not! I'm here to stop trouble if anything. The elf stretches out his hand to the guard. Valore Kineth, professional bodyguard.

[roll0] Bluff

I'll wait on the map to start planning, as I'm really confused about the street layout right now.

Rizban
2010-06-03, 01:18 PM
The relevant area:
http://www.mornproductions.com/images/AvB/w46htrs.png

Niezck
2010-06-03, 01:32 PM
Seeing the lack of response from the guard, the elf simply says Thank you for your time and walks away toward the centre to speak with the nearest sister.

Approaching the woman, his voice lowers and he quivers it slightly, questioning the sister. Sister, can you help me please? I need to find somewhere to buy food, I haven't eaten in so very long and I desperately need some.

Rizban
2010-06-03, 02:47 PM
Upon hearing your words, the Sister looks up and greets you with a smile.

"Good sir, you seem rather well dressed and heavily armed to be too very hungry. We give our food only to the truly needy.

If you are indeed starving, why not sell that armor or those weapons you carry? For that matter, you look tough enough to do a little labor around here. If you want, I can give you the name of a local merchant who hires daily muscle to load and unload caravans."

Niezck
2010-06-03, 02:50 PM
I do not beg for your charity, sister, there are those far needier than I am. I am simply new here and need to learn my way around. Do you know of a place where I can purchase good-quality food?

Rizban
2010-06-03, 02:53 PM
"Have you tried The Maid and Mermaid? It's over on Mastiff's and Cobbler's Crossing. If you're looking for something a little closer, you can probably find a stall or two still open a block that way on Broad Chase. There may still be a few peddlers selling foodstuffs."

((Please note that if I don't mention a person's race, you can assume them to be human. This Sister is indeed human.))

Niezck
2010-06-03, 02:57 PM
Thank you sister, your help is appreciated.

With that the elf walks back down the street he came, toward the location the halfling woman was said to be at. He stops at the last building, leans against the wall of it and looks across to where she is meant to be.

Rizban
2010-06-03, 03:26 PM
You see the halfling woman standing next to a half full bag, which would be almost as large as she if full. She is surrounded by a small number of men and women and a large number of dirty children. She produces small white bags from within the large bag, given one to each person. Many go on their way after receiving their bag, but a number stay. You notice that the bags contain pieces of bread and salted meats, just enough to make a small meal. You also notice that she quickly slips a small piece of candy into each bag intended for a child.

Judging by the number of people and bags of food, she probably hands out food in this location several times a week, if not daily.

You watch as the bag is slowly emptied. When there are but a few packages remaining, you hear the clock tower on the Sesbury Bank and Trust a few blocks away begins to chime 8PM.

The halfling woman looks around quickly, and you catch glimpse of fear on her face. The guard who stopped you earlier walks past you, completely ignoring you because he hasn't seen you, and approaches the halfling. He picks up her bag of food and walks into the alley. She bids farewell to the remaining people and follows him, head downcast.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 03:35 PM
Following a short distance behind, and trying to remain quiet, Neox attempts to listen in on any conversation between the two. Also removing a potion from his belt pouch, he uncorks it and holds it at the ready.

Move Silently - [roll0]
Listen - [roll1]
Ready an action to drink the invisibility potion should one of them turn around.

Rizban
2010-06-03, 03:40 PM
The guard does not hear you, and the halfling seems too preoccupied with her own thoughts to be paying attention to things around her. They enter the alley and turn to the right around the building into a more open area surrounded by buildings.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 03:46 PM
The elf keeps closer to the couple and continues his attempt to listen in to them, whilst watching carefully the route they're taking and observing all nearby people.

Rizban
2010-06-03, 04:03 PM
There are no other people in view except way back out on the street. None of them are paying attention to anything in the alley (including you).

The guard digs through the bag until he finds one of the packages which clinks with the sounds of coins.

"You've done well, Maria, but I'm not sure it's quite good enough."

The halfling flinches at his words. He slides the coins into his coat. The guard pushes her against the wall and leans in as if to kiss her. Maria goes pale and looks terrified. The are both completely distracted.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 04:08 PM
Okay, few questions:

What's the guard wearing/obviously equipped with?

Same question for the woman.

How far away are they?

Are there any shadowed areas nearby, or any alleys leading away, and how far away are they?

How much of the woman do I have direct line of effect to?

Rizban
2010-06-03, 06:26 PM
He's wearing studded leather (non-mw) and carrying a longsword. No shield.

Maria, the halfling, is obviously wearing only a white robe, though you are certain there is clothing underneath. It does not appear that she is wearing any armor and there are no visible weapons.

They are about 15ft away.

The entire area is in shadow, considering that the sun has mostly set. You are standing in an alley leading south out to Porter's (the one they entered through), and there are other alleys leading out within 30 or 40 ft. The open area is about 30ft x 40 ft. The surrounding buildings have no windows on the ground floor, and the upper windows are shuttered and probably locked.

You have direct line of effect to her, but they are in the same square. As such, you have a slight chance of hitting him with a ranged attack roll. Other than that, you have full line of effect.

Also, sorry about vanishing, I had something suddenly come up.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 06:46 PM
((Well that's a lot easier than I expected))

Withdrawing his bow and a single arrow, the elf positions himself at the entrance to the alley and takes aim, using his bow initiate training to pick a most delicate spot on the woman to aim for.

Shoot a single arrow, using precise shot from OotBI. And goddamit she's not a human, so no favoured enemy benefits. Then I get ready to move as fast as possible down the alley if it hits the woman. If not ... we'll see what happens.

- To hit
[roll1] - Crit Confirm
[roll]1d8+1d8+2 - Damage + Precision + Strength/Magic Mod
2d8+2d8+4 - Crit Damage

Niezck
2010-06-03, 06:47 PM
Bleh, rolls mucked up. But BAM crit!

[roll0] - Regular (incase it doesn't confirm, which I'd -seriously- be concerned if it didn't - wonder commoners or something :smalltongue:)

[roll1] - Crit

Rizban
2010-06-03, 06:55 PM
Just as you let the arrow fly, you hear a gruff voice say, "I wouldn't do that, my boy."

The guard looks over his shoulder in fear, and Maria looks up hopeful of rescue. Her hope turns to terror as an arrow pierces her side, a spray of blood briefly fountaining from her before she collapses to her knees gasping for breath.

The guard recoils as he is splashed by blood and promptly soils himself.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 06:57 PM
The elf looks around to find the source of the voice.

A bit bloody late.

Rizban
2010-06-03, 07:33 PM
The guard falls to his knees in terror and appears to be muttering a prayer for forgiveness. Maria, the halfling, is bleeding profusely but still alive.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 07:35 PM
Can I see who said that?

And srsly, that much damage and she's alive!? O_O

Rizban
2010-06-03, 07:40 PM
No, you can't see anyone else.

Yes, she wasn't level 1, but she is in the negatives.

You hear a blade unsheathe and the same gruff voice say, "Why the hell did that girl need to die?!"

You hear movement but can not see anyone. You can't tell the exact direction of the sound.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 07:48 PM
((Did the guard turn around and see me, or just turn around generally? Bleh, edits. I'll reply in another post depending on the answer to that ^If he saw me, read the second spoiler. If not, I fire again at the woman and then run.))

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Crit Confirm
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage

Withdrawing anothe arrow, the elven assassin stares at the guard.

He whispers to himself as he unleashes a hail of arrows. Since Mr Mysterious Voice has ruined this for me, might aswell get rid of the witness.

(Assuming the guard is human, if not remove 2 from each damage entry)

Using Rapid Shot

[roll4] Attack 1
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8] Attack 2
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12] Attack 3
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Rizban
2010-06-03, 08:36 PM
Both people drop to the ground, dead.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 08:41 PM
Huh? Did they just randomly drop dead?

What the hell ... The elf puts his bow and arrow back into the quiver, and removes his blades, standing ready should the mysterious voiced stranger appear.

SHOW YOURSELF!

Rizban
2010-06-03, 08:55 PM
No... I did the second spoiler and you killed them. I didn't see the edit... sorry. My bad. Did you want to change that?

Niezck
2010-06-03, 09:04 PM
Screw it, let's go with that. I then do as above, minus the "What the hell". Namely I draw swords and shoutsay "Show yourself"

Rizban
2010-06-03, 09:42 PM
A dragonborn drops his invisibility and charges at you with a greatsword which crackles with arcane energy, surely enough to kill you where you stand. You twitch at the last second, and the sword passes close enough to you that you can taste ozone caused by the energy encapsulating the blade.

Niezck
2010-06-03, 09:57 PM
Nice try.

So is he next to me now? Can you give me some kind of battle map, namely my escape route and where he is/I am in relation to it?

Rizban
2010-06-03, 11:50 PM
http://www.mornproductions.com/images/AvB/Elf-DB.png

If you take the fight out into the street, you're certain to end up with a warrant for your arrest. You'll need to either end the fight without drawing too much attention or kill all witnesses. You need not necessarily kill the dragonborn though. He's not likely to report you to the authorities.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 06:48 AM
Now listen. You're covered in blood, and were clearly stalking this guard with some insidious intent. I was stalking the woman with similar intent. Neither of us needs to be uncovered in this situation. Let's walk away slowly, and nobody will ever know.

I'll wait for his reply before taking my action.

Diplomacy? [roll0]

Rizban
2010-06-04, 11:09 AM
"Tell you what, I don't really want attention directed to myself either. I can cover my escape rather easily, and if i had not rushed you so rashly, you still would not have seen me. I will collect my bounty, you collect yours. Neither of us wants this right now."

The dragonborn makes as if to withdraw back into the alley and disappear.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 01:42 PM
Very well. I hope we do not cross paths again ... It will no doubt end up far bloodier.

Neox, keeping his weapons drawn, starts moving back onto the street he came from, only sheathing his swords once he is sure the dragonborn is not following him. Upon reaching the street I casually walk back toward the Maid and the Mermaid.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 01:51 PM
As you pass another alley, a man grabs your wrist and says, "Payment."

He immediately releases you and disappears down the alley.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 01:54 PM
I look around and check my person, to see if he's placed anything on me.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 01:55 PM
You find nothing. You are apparently intended to follow him.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 02:01 PM
(( *Facepalm* Who's an idiot? I AM! :smalltongue: ))

I follow the mysterious man, keeping my right hand on the rapier just incase, getting ready to draw it.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 02:09 PM
You see him pass around a corner and follow just in time to see him climb down into a cellar. He briefly looks up to make certain you are following before his head disappears through the door.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 02:17 PM
I look around to make sure nobody is following me, then follow him into the cellar.

((Incidentally, I'll stop switching between personal and narrative now - 1st person all the way :smallsmile:))

Rizban
2010-06-04, 02:22 PM
((Sounds good to me.))

You see no one nearby, and indeed there isn't anyone in the alley and no streets are visible from this point.

You step down into the cellar, closing the door behind you. You descend narrow winding stairs for what seems an eternity. As you exit into a room, you estimate that the ceiling is at least 40 feet below the surface. The walls are adorned with skulls, and the stone walls seem to be painted red, though whether it's paint or blood, you can't be certain.

The man stands with his back to you, and you can hear the clinking of metal coins. Eventually he turns and tosses you a small bag with a glint of evil in his eyes and a sick half grin.

"Nerull thanks you for the innocent sacrifice. He appreciates the second as well."

Niezck
2010-06-04, 02:26 PM
Thanks are not necessary. I did as I was instructed. It was a messy killing, I needed more time. There was no pleasure in that kill, only messy death and carnage.

Opening the bag slightly, I peer inside and try to guess how much and of what is inside it.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 02:59 PM
The total comes to 400gp. You also gain 1000 experience for the kills and managing to avoid a potentially lethal confrontation with the dragonborn.

"I will pay you the same price for any of the Sisters you kill in the future, more if you bring me their heads to adorn the walls. Just don't lead anyone else back to my sanctuary."

He cackles menacingly, and you realize that he is slightly insane... as all worshipers of Nerull tend to be.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 03:07 PM
Sounds good to me. And please, don't go on about why you're doing it and what your ultimate reason is. I hate it when employers do that. So long as I kill and you pay, it's all good. Now then, got anything else for me? Or shall I get to killing them?

I look around coldly, trying to take in the room in all of its detail.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 03:13 PM
A makeshift altar is immediately behind the man with a few rusty knives near it, there doesn't seem to be anything of note in the room. There is a also a small pile of dirty straw in the back corner.

"I might can pay even more if you bring a couple... alive..."

He cackles again then turns back around to the altar and falls to his knees in prayer, ignoring you.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 03:21 PM
I don't think that's an option.

With that, I leave the way I came and head back to the salvation centre.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 04:59 PM
The Sisters are going about business as usual in and around the Center, oblivious to the death of Sister Maria. Night has fallen, and the Sisters are busy shutting everything down and readying for bed.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 05:10 PM
I approach the nearest sister and speak softly.

Tell me sister, what time do you open in the morn'?

By the way, do explosives exist in this world?

Rizban
2010-06-04, 05:15 PM
As far as I know, they do not. I can ask though.

"We never truly close. You are welcome to enter now if you have need. Come."

She turns and walks inside. You can see no other Sisters remaining outside of the center.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 05:17 PM
I do not have need, I just saw the place was slowing down and figured I would come back tomorrow. I simply have some questions. Is there someone in charge I could speak to?

Rizban
2010-06-04, 05:20 PM
She turns as she hears your question and answers just before entering.

"Sister Lady Margarete is in charge and would be glad to spend a few moments with you, I am certain."

She turns and enters the building before you can ask another question.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 05:22 PM
I enter the building and take a look around, taking in as much as I can for later plans.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 05:30 PM
The Sister you entered with points to a tall blonde in her mid 30s who is leading evening prayers for a group of some twenty younger girls. She looks over her should a bit startled but recovers quickly enough that none of the other Sisters notice. She then motions to two of the older Sisters.

"Abigail, Ivonne, come with me. I have need of you for a moment."

The three walk to a back room which appears to be a combination office and museum. The two other Sisters enter while Sister Lady Margarete stands by the open door, looking at the spot from which she just came. After a moment waiting, she enters and closes the door.

"Well, it looks like she's gone for prayer, but she should be out shortly. There's a bench right by her door if you would care to wait. I can fetch you some water and food if you have the desire."

Niezck
2010-06-04, 05:33 PM
Sounds delightful.

I smile at the sister and take a seat on the bench, withdrawing my shortsword and fiddling with it in my hands.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 05:41 PM
You spot three girls in their late teens giggling amongst themselves and stealing glances at you. After a few moments, one of them blushingly approaches you and says, "H.. hi. Welcome to the Sisters of Salvation."

The other two giggle and point at her.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 05:45 PM
Thank you. I'm Valore. Valore Kineth. Pleasure to meet you, Miss ...?

I outstretch my right hand to her, taking the shortsword into my other hand.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 05:49 PM
She blushes even deeper. "Sarah..."

Niezck
2010-06-04, 05:51 PM
Pleasure to meet you Sarah. So, what do you do here?

Rizban
2010-06-04, 05:53 PM
"Oh, I just clean and stuff."

You just barely hear three sudden gasps from inside the office followed by fast and angry words from all three girls. You can't make out what is being said, and Sarah does not seem to have heard it.

Niezck
2010-06-04, 06:02 PM
Ah, interesting. I'm a bodyguard by trade, that's why I'm here actually. But that's another matter, and one not for your ears ...

He trails off, wondering what's happening within to make the sisters gasp.

Rizban
2010-06-04, 11:17 PM
"So, why are you waiting to see Lady Margarete? You think maybe I could help you instead?"

The door beside you opens quickly, and one of the three women darts out, quickly closing the door behind you.

Sarah gasps but regains her composure when the woman gives her a stern look.

The Sister who exited the room heads to the back of the center and disappears through another door, moving quickly on an errand of some importance.

Niezck
2010-06-05, 04:16 AM
It's a private matter, I'm afraid. Revealing it would only cause unnecessary panic.

I eye the room where the woman disappeared into and wait for her to return.

I wonder what's going on in there ...

Rizban
2010-06-05, 10:53 AM
"I... I don't know where she went..."

Sarah looks around nervously, then seems to stare at the office door.

A few seconds pass, and the door opens once again. Sarah goes pale. You turn to look and see a man who did not enter the room with the women. A man with wings. In fact, the very same man from the alley. He turns and sees you, a look of surprise on his face.

Niezck
2010-06-05, 11:02 AM
You! What the hell are you doing here!? Get back sisters, he's dangerous!

Moving forward infront of Sarah, I grip the shortsword in my left hand firmly, lifting it up infront of myself, and reach for my rapier.

By the way, what action is coating a weapon in poison? I know I've read it somewhere, but I forget where.

Rizban
2010-06-05, 11:11 AM
The dragonborn draws his weapon, and the area is enshrouded by darkness.

((Roll initiative.))

Niezck
2010-06-05, 11:11 AM
((Initiative - [roll0]))

Rizban
2010-06-05, 02:48 PM
The dragonborn charges the 10 feet between you, swinging his greatsword at your crackling with electricity. You spot sparks of energy in the darkness just before it collides with you, but you are unable to dodge.

You take 13 slashing damage.
You take 6 untyped magic damage.
You take 5 electrical damage.

Niezck
2010-06-05, 03:09 PM
Sarah, I fear I cannot protect you! Run! That goes for all of you too! He's a madman, he butchered sister maria! Look at the blood on him!

With that I turn to run, trying to tumble out of my square to avoid his blows.

Tumble - [roll0]

Tumble 5ft away then continue 30ft in the direction of the street. (40ft movement)

Rizban
2010-06-05, 03:10 PM
((That was a move action, you going to use your standard or swift actions?))

The darkness had a 20ft radius, so you break out of it after 20ft (it was centered on you) and you are now 20ft away from it and 10ft from the door.

((Hint: You know from which square the dragonborn attacked you, so you can attack into the darkness if you want.))

Niezck
2010-06-05, 03:18 PM
I turn and fire a single arrow into the darkness, aiming approximately at the dragonborn's weakest spot.

Precision shot methinks

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Crit Confirm
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage

Rizban
2010-06-05, 03:23 PM
50% miss chance.

[roll0] - You hit him.
Were the arrows poisoned?

Niezck
2010-06-05, 03:26 PM
50% miss chance.

[roll0] - You hit him.
Were the arrows poisoned?

Yep, black adder venom - 1d6 con/1d6 con/fort DC 11 negate

Rizban
2010-06-05, 03:30 PM
Sister Sarah runs the same direction as you, looking to you for protection anyway. You did claim yourself to be a bodyguard. It is now the dragonborn's turn.

((Give me a second for doing his.))

Niezck
2010-06-05, 03:36 PM
Behind me, Sarah! I'll do what I can to protect you!

((No problemo))

Rizban
2010-06-05, 03:39 PM
Sarah runs back behind you and through the door then turns to look if you are following.

Niezck
2010-06-05, 03:42 PM
((Wait ... is he done?))

Sisters, I suggest you disregard what this lying scum said! He slaughtered sister maria! And please, for your own protection, stand back, I'll end his worthless life here and now!

Rizban
2010-06-05, 03:46 PM
((No, he's not done. Sister Sarah went before him.))

Rizban
2010-06-05, 04:05 PM
The dragonborn bursts forth from the shadows, his sword crackling with fell power. He catches you on the blade and slices deep, sending arcs of energy coursing through your body, leaving foul burns.

13 slashing damage
7 arcane magic damage
9 electrical damage

I think that might kill you... as in -10 kill you...

Niezck
2010-06-05, 04:08 PM
((Well that's me dead ...

Wow powerful melee hits there. I couldn't even come close >_>

*Mumbles about powerful other characters*

I take it this was against a player? If so, may I look at his thread to see what happened?))

Rizban
2010-06-05, 04:12 PM
Yeah, he's a player. I brought you together in the alley, but I did NOT expect you both to head to the Sisters of Salvation. You both did that on your own.

Uvag the Unseen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154669)

Just so you know, had you survived that attack, his big damage bonuses would have been used up for the day, and he only just barely hit you one time. He missed you back in the alley with a mid roll.

Niezck
2010-06-05, 04:14 PM
Well that's somewhat depressing. *Sigh*

Time to go make another character methinks ... Playing the same guy again would seem a bit odd, with him just having died and all.

I hope the sister sarah tries to slap him though >_>

Could I go ahead and request you as my DM for my next char? Loving the post rate :smallbiggrin:

Rizban
2010-06-05, 04:16 PM
You're the first person to get in a kill. Technically though, in game time, mine is moving faster.

I was hired at like 2AM and it's bit quite 7AM on the same day, and I should have the target dead by 8AM.

But yeah, I'll DM for you.

Rizban
2010-06-05, 04:53 PM
Of course, you met Kaestner earlier, so... maybe you could make use of his carpentry skills now...