PDA

View Full Version : Making a half dragon... 3.5

gallagher
2010-06-01, 03:46 PM
so i have permission to make a half dragon for a level 14 gestalt game. i am planning on combining it with half minotaur for the free wings.

i was thinking of going psionic warrior with this (its 32 points buy) and putting everything i can in wisdom. therefor i would be a medium BAB fighting class with powerful strength (+8 from half dragon, +4 from half minotaur, and +8 from giong to large as i recall?) and all the other goodies, such as natural armor, bonuses to some skills, and improved constitution.

i was wondering what class should i gestalt this with? i was thining warblade for the full BAB and take psychic warrior on the side with the LA

Eldariel
2010-06-01, 03:51 PM
I'd take a full manifester; you don't really need Psy War in Gestalt anymore. I suggest Ardent/Warblade. Interestingly, while with Psy War you'd really want Psy War on the full side and Warblade on the LA side, with Ardent you can do it either way thanks to Practiced Manifester making Ardent quite good at multiclassing. But yeah, maxing out the manifesting is pretty important. Other options include the usual Clerics and Druids and company, of course.

Tome
2010-06-01, 04:01 PM
Psywar in Gestalt is quite redundant, particularly if you're taking a full BAB class on the other side.

My advice would be Ardent on one side and LA/Warblade on the other. Though pumping INT instead of WIS and going Psion instead of Ardent might work even better for the INT synergy.

gallagher
2010-06-01, 04:02 PM
I'd take a full manifester; you don't really need Psy War in Gestalt anymore. I suggest Ardent/Warblade. Interestingly, while with Psy War you'd really want Psy War on the full side and Warblade on the LA side, with Ardent you can do it either way thanks to Practiced Manifester making Ardent quite good at multiclassing. But yeah, maxing out the manifesting is pretty important. Other options include the usual Clerics and Druids and company, of course.

since it is half dragon and half minotaur, is it impossible to have a race in here? i think being a human would make it quite beneficial, for the free feat

Eldariel
2010-06-01, 04:04 PM
since it is half dragon and half minotaur, is it impossible to have a race in here? i think being a human would make it quite beneficial, for the free feat

Yes, you need a base race for the Templates and Human is fine, as is Water Orc (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#waterOrcs), Dwarf and other classic martial races.

Tome
2010-06-01, 04:05 PM

Humans are usually good for most builds.

Plus, anything more is likely to trip your DM's cheese alarms.

EDIT Pesky ninjas. :smallannoyed:

Ernir
2010-06-01, 04:07 PM

Half-Dragon and Half-Minotaur are both races, so yes, mechanically there has to be a race under there. Doesn't make a scrap of sense fluff-wise, but meh. :smalltongue:

Oh, another class idea for you: Ardent//LA/Swordsage.

Eldariel
2010-06-01, 04:12 PM
EDIT Pesky ninjas. :smallannoyed:

I, sir, am an Unseen Seer, thank you very much.