PDA

View Full Version : Making a priest of abberations and madness.

Infernum
2010-06-01, 05:39 PM
First off, my players, you know who you are, DO NOT READ THIS.

Now then,

Hello there folks, i would like to get a wee little bit of help. I am trying to build a 9th level priest of Thazrudin for my game this friday and was curious if anyone had any ideas as far as feats and the like go that would give him that creepy evil feel. Ive also got some cronies that work for him all set up and ready to go. They are each creepy and strange in there own right making them a tough team for the party to take down.

Any and all help or ideas in this area are welcome. Thanks.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-01, 05:41 PM
Check lords of madness, there are some feats that might be appropiate (Aberrant blood,deepspawn, etc) somehow get a pseudonatural or half farspawn companion etc.

Greenish
2010-06-01, 05:45 PM
Madness domain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/domains.htm#madnessDomain) is handily in SRD.

PId6
2010-06-01, 05:46 PM
An Illithid Savant that has devoured the brains of several clerics? :smallbiggrin:

Infernum
2010-06-01, 05:51 PM
Interesting ideas so far, but the idea for him is he is a trator to his holy order and worships the dark god Thazrudin now and uses his abberant allies to bring about the end of all things. The aberrant blooded feats from the LoM are nice but he himself isnt an aberrant being.

Eldariel
2010-06-01, 05:58 PM
Interesting ideas so far, but the idea for him is he is a trator to his holy order and worships the dark god Thazrudin now and uses his abberant allies to bring about the end of all things. The aberrant blooded feats from the LoM are nice but he himself isnt an aberrant being.

He's a caster, how about he begin altering himself at the behest of his deity once he makes his betrayal? That'd explain them and give him a creepy aura once you reveal his true form. And it's well within his capabilities to both, alter himself and conceal it.

Infernum
2010-06-01, 06:02 PM
An interesting idea Eldariel, so your suggesting giving him the feats, with a catch of being able to hide them. Hmm, most interesting. I can probably work with that, might even use the flesh warper PrC from the LoM. That would make him very interesting.

AslanCross
2010-06-01, 06:21 PM
My idea is pretty much the same as Eldariel's. The Willing Deformity feats might also help. I once had a bugbear who was so corrupted by aberrant forces that his body had to be held together by splints and trusses made of metal. I ended up giving him Deformity [Tall].

Infernum
2010-06-01, 07:15 PM
Hmm, actually, the tall feat would fit him since i have already said his is strangely tall. Any other feat ideas to make him mean that aren't aberrant blooded or Deformity?

The Glyphstone
2010-06-01, 07:21 PM
No, but definitely think about Willing Deformity (Madness) from Elder Evils. It's immunity to Mind-Affecting magic as a feat.

Greenish
2010-06-01, 07:28 PM
Hmm, actually, the tall feat would fit him since i have already said his is strangely tall. Any other feat ideas to make him mean that aren't aberrant blooded or Deformity?Animal Devotion. See if you can get your players to freak out when he suddenly grows fangs and starts to chew on them.