PDA

View Full Version : Fully Detailed Adventurer's Gear(Any and All Sources)

Matamane
2010-06-01, 06:40 PM
My DM's really adamant in me writing everything I have down. I wanted to make a character who has an answer to everything. Does anybody know of a master list for an adventurer's inventory from mundane to magical.

Effectively I want to know if anybody has ever made a definitive inventory that has a solution to almost any mundane situation, or if not that, any suggestions of minor magic items or mundane items I should include.

Mando Knight
2010-06-01, 07:35 PM
Backpack
Rope, 50 feet
At least one dagger, preferably three to five
Hatchet
Ten-foot pole
Torch or lantern
Flint and steel or magical fire source
Magical light source
Whetstone
Spell Component pouch (Arcane casters without Eschew Materials only)
Scrolls of utility spells, including low-level ones
Potions
Waterskin
Bedroll
Five or more days' rations

Ranged weapon and ammunition
Backup melee weapon, preferably with a throwing range

ninjaneer003
2010-06-01, 07:41 PM
I don't know about a list but for any mundane item you need i got a class for ya.

Pathfinder Chronicler - it's a class from the Pathfinder (3.75) book and has this pretty cool ability called deep pockets

"Deep Pockets (Ex): A Pathfinder chronicler collects items as well as lore, picking up small amounts of this or that throughout her travels. As a result, she may carry unspecified equipment worth up to 100 gp per class level. This can be any kind of gear that can reasonably fit into a backpack, including potions and scrolls (but not any other sort of magic item). As a full-round action, the chronicler may dig through her pockets to retrieve an item she specifies at that time, deducting its value from the allocated amount of cost. This item cannot weigh more than 10 pounds. When the total remaining cost reaches 0, the chronicler can retrieve no more items until she refills her deep pockets by spending a few hours and an amount of gold to bring her total up to 100 gp per class level.

In addition, if she takes 1 hour to pack her gear each day, she gains a +4 bonus to Strength to determine her light encumbrance. This does not affect her maximum carrying capacity. The efficient distribution of weight simply encumbers her less than the same amount of weight normally should. Finally, the Pathfinder chronicler gains a +4 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks made to conceal small objects on her person."

now that's a do anything ability! for more on pathfinder, google pathfinder reference document. It's pretty much the entire book on the internet and completely legit

Greenish
2010-06-01, 07:52 PM
Bunko's Bargain Basement (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=350.0) and the utility belt (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=3d7801a927efe9d32617863ef4a904 39&topic=4400.0) have good stuff. I also recall seeing a bunch of different bags loaded with gear on the forums, but I can't find it just now.

Matamane
2010-06-01, 08:24 PM
Any other threads like these?

Darrin
2010-06-01, 10:05 PM
Any other threads like these?

My own version of the Utility Belt: Shax's Indispensible Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101).

sambo.
2010-06-01, 11:07 PM
every character i;ve ever played has had a mirror.

useful for all sorts of things. with 2 of them, you can make a periscope.