PDA

View Full Version : Completely Random Questions of Doom!

Stew Eater
2010-06-01, 06:49 PM
Love random things? Ever have a random or randomly puzzling question you just really, really wanted to put somewhere? Put them here! Feel free to comment on others' questions! Ask anything from 'How would catgirls talk on a phone?' to 'Why do wire coat-hangers seem to breed like rabbits when no one's looking?'. I really want to see how far I can go with this, even though I'm a noob on this forum.:mitd:

Dr. Bath
2010-06-01, 06:54 PM
You're missing a verb there matey. Catgirls can't really do anything on a phone however, what with not existing.

The answer to the second is that they ARE breeding. Wild coat hangers are found deepest darkest peru and exported all around the world.

What is the difference between fir and pine cones though? It puzzles me often.

Stew Eater
2010-06-01, 07:04 PM
Beside that firs have smaller cones and aren't pine trees? I dunno. Aliens?

Maximum Zersk
2010-06-01, 07:07 PM
You're missing a verb there matey. Catgirls can't really do anything on a phone however, what with not existing.

The answer to the second is that they ARE breeding. Wild coat hangers are found deepest darkest peru and exported all around the world.

What is the difference between fir and pine cones though? It puzzles me often.

Fir cone. (http://www.tauerperfumes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/Fir%20cone.gif) Pine cone. (http://eurthisnthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/pine-cone.jpg)

Cobalt
2010-06-01, 07:13 PM
If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Yeah. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

FYI, it does. The question is one of the more ridiculous ones I've heard. The fact that there isn't a source for the sound to travel to doesn't mean that the sound does not occur.

Maximum Zersk
2010-06-01, 07:17 PM
If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

[/COLOR]

Well, depends. If you believe in Solipsism, then it's impossible to tell. If you don't, then yes.

Stew Eater
2010-06-01, 07:17 PM
If a tree falls in a forest and it smells like fish, do cats swarm to it?

Maximum Zersk
2010-06-01, 07:18 PM
If a tree falls in a forest and it smells like fish, do cats swarm to it?

Yes.

You're canoeing up a tree and you blow a tire how many pancakes does it take to build a bridge none because ice cream doesn't have bones true or false?

Lateral
2010-06-01, 07:19 PM

FYI, it does. The question is one of the more ridiculous ones I've heard. The fact that there isn't a source for the sound to travel to doesn't mean that the sound does not occur.

FINALLY, someone who understands that! Also, there's no such thing as a truly empty forest.

Why?
The answer is 'why not'. Also 'because'. And 42, 42 works too.

N-n-n-ninja'd!

The answer is sideways because the junurquity contrasmulator said that the frantabjaboulicity is off by .00000092902845e832-4.

Did anything I just said make sense?

Stew Eater
2010-06-01, 07:25 PM
You're canoeing up a tree and you blow a tire how many pancakes does it take to build a bridge none because ice cream doesn't have bones true or false?

Pigeons with party hats drinking fanta :smalltongue:

alexeduardo
2010-06-01, 07:28 PM
But why do the party hats have to look so ridiculous?

Maximum Zersk
2010-06-01, 07:30 PM
Pigeons with party hats drinking fanta :smalltongue:

Close enough. :smalltongue:

The reason party hats look so ridiculous is because people are too drunk to care.

Sneak
2010-06-01, 07:42 PM

Actually, no, scientifically speaking, it doesn't. The production of sound requires a source (vibration), a medium (air, etc.), and a receiver (i.e. the ear, which converts the pressure waves from the vibration into electrical impulses). Without a receiver, there are vibrations, but technically no sound.

But philosophically speaking, I still believe it doesn't make a sound, given that I'm a proponent of pseudo-solipsism and reality-is-effectively-determined-by-perception.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-01, 07:46 PM
Actually, no, scientifically speaking, it doesn't. The production of sound requires a source (vibration), a medium (air, etc.), and a receiver (i.e. the ear, which converts the pressure waves from the vibration into electrical impulses). Without a receiver, there are vibrations, but technically no sound.

This sums up my own opinion pretty well.

Rawhide
2010-06-01, 08:29 PM
Perhaps these random questions should be asked in Random Banter?