PDA

View Full Version : A personality test

Superglucose
2010-06-01, 07:06 PM
Would you rather live in a zoo or a circus?

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-01, 07:10 PM
Circus for me.

Pyrian
2010-06-01, 07:21 PM
No, not really. :smallcool:

Pheehelm
2010-06-01, 07:32 PM
Probably a zoo. If nothing else, I have a guaranteed food source. What is this, some animals versus people thing?

Sneak
2010-06-01, 07:34 PM
Zoo. Zoos are happy and peaceful! Circuses are loud and smelly and gross.

I think. Haven't been to one in a while.

ninjaneer003
2010-06-01, 07:44 PM
Probably a zoo although it would be boring as hell.

Trog
2010-06-01, 07:50 PM
Hmm... depends on what we're talking about here.

If I live in a zoo I can work elsewhere. But if I live in a circus I pretty much have to work for the circus since it would keep traveling around. I don't want to work at a circus so I guess I choose zoo.

*zoo tour guide:*
And if you look off to your left through the haze of smoke you can see our troglodyte exhibit - sponsored by Coffin Nails™. Reclusive by nature, the scaly troglodyte will spend hours smoking carton after carton of cigarettes while surfing the net. Our zoo's troglodyte has been making snarky remarks to forum threads and facebook statuses regularly which is a sure sign that he is healthy. :smallbiggrin:

And now, on your right, the llamaaaaas... :smallbiggrin:

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-01, 07:56 PM
Trog, you would totally be the number one exhibit in any zoo you lived in.

Innis Cabal
2010-06-01, 08:01 PM
How the hell is this a personality test? It accomplishs the same thing as if you were asked "Do you want to live in a ceptic tank, or a shack in Alaska.

Nether option is preferable. And taking either dosn't speak of your personality what so ever.

Cobalt
2010-06-01, 08:35 PM
How the hell is this a personality test? It accomplishs the same thing as if you were asked "Do you want to live in a ceptic tank, or a shack in Alaska.

Then I'm not the only one confused.

Oh, and zoo. There was a post by someone somewhere that said this very site is like a zoo (and that they like it here. So do I), but I can't find it. Probably because I'm not looking.

Superglucose
2010-06-01, 08:38 PM

Ah, and that's where you're wrong. It tests your ability to choose between the options available to you, your ability to reason between two options which may not be optimal, and above all, your ability to handle random questions.

Nether option is preferable. And taking either dosn't speak of your personality what so ever.
You're so very wrong. Which option you choose is based entirely on your personality, but in any case, it never mattered which option you chose, merely that you were willing to chose an option presented to you!

Cealocanth
2010-06-01, 08:41 PM
Zoo. My local zoo is nice and clean, is worked on regularly, has both indoor and outdor places for the animals. free food, free housing, free health care, free grooming... Circuses are hot and travel a lot.

I don't get how this is a personality test though, unless you're judging us on our answers...Stop Stalking Me!!!!!

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-01, 08:45 PM
There was a zoo in Germany that had several animals, but was mostly a giant playground, that happened to be the best playground EVER. I want to live there.

Zevox
2010-06-01, 09:51 PM
Yeah, this.

If forced to choose, I guess a circus - theoretically there should be fewer animals there, and since I don't really like being around animals, that's a big reason not to live in a zoo for me.

Zevox

Pyrian
2010-06-01, 09:52 PM
...it never mattered which option you chose, merely that you were willing to chose an option presented to you!Passed. :smallamused:

Worira
2010-06-01, 10:12 PM

Would you rather live in a zoo ⊕ a circus?

Thajocoth
2010-06-01, 10:17 PM
Between the two? I'd choose the zoo.

Circuses tend to be mobile and have less funds with which to spend on food and doctors. Also, they compact for travel, meaning smaller cages... Not to mention the constant humiliation.

A zoo, however, is going to have large cages that, realistically, any healthy human can break out of. Which I would do. At night.

Then, I'd hide out for a while in a small shack in Alaska until I think the danger of being re-caught has passed.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-06-01, 10:50 PM
I'd say a zoo. Especially if I've got something that will go hand in hand with some thirty-aught-six. What, there's a lion missing after last night that was there when you left. I wouldn't know anything about that, honest (as a nudge the end of a Browning Automatic Rifle behind some bushes). I wonder what lion meat tastes like, probably pretty gamey and tough.

Mando Knight
2010-06-01, 11:14 PM
If I pick the zoo, do I get reasonable amenities, a balanced diet, and free healthcare like the rest of the "inmates?" :smalltongue:

chiasaur11
2010-06-01, 11:19 PM
Zoo.

More likely to have Komodo Dragons.

And elaborate revenge plans always benefit from Komodo Dragons.

Orzel
2010-06-01, 11:56 PM
Zoo. Because I have a long list to take care of.

Lioness
2010-06-02, 01:57 AM
Circus, but preferably one without animals. I could be a performer.

golentan
2010-06-02, 02:08 AM
Zoo. More interesting. Circuses (Circusi? Seems like it would be a better pluralization, even though it's wrong) are... too frantic. They always seem to be in a state where nothing is satisfying, only entertaining. Only money making. Unhappy animals, degraded for laughs and kept in enclosures too small. Frantic food stands. Dirty grounds. Terrain churned to mud, mud everywhere, mixed with discarded popcorn and served by porta potties.

I prefer zoos (modern style, anyway). Wider spaces, some peaceful parts if you know where to look.

Though I do like to travel. That would be the one appealing thing about a circus.

Rutskarn
2010-06-02, 03:20 AM
Look at that hat. Look at the goddamned hat.

I am a ring-master. I am a master of rings. I lack only the proper environment, and perhaps a few years' Ringmastry School, before I am ready to be set loose upon the viewing public.

Salbazier
2010-06-02, 03:49 AM
?:smallconfused: As a worker/peformer? ...or in acage?:smalltongue:

Me, better for work and live with circus i guess.

katans
2010-06-02, 04:02 AM
If I were an animal and part of the exhibit, I'd prefer a zoo. Being a circus animal sucks.

As a human... I'm not much one for moving around a lot, living in confined spaces, and never be sure whether I'll be able to afford food next month. So no circus. Zoo isn't great either, but at least it's got trees and a steady payroll.

So: zoo.

Moonshadow
2010-06-02, 06:03 AM
It's called a zoo! Unless it's a farm! :smallcool:

Drascin
2010-06-02, 06:09 AM
Zoo. Circuses are stinky, noisy, and frantic, and I can't stand those kinds of places. Zoos on the other hand, while maybe boring, allow for a much better life when you're an inmate :smallamused:.

Eldan
2010-06-02, 06:59 AM
Zoo all the way. More interesting, and better conditions. Who cares about acrobats, most animals are more interesting, at least in the long term.

SDF
2010-06-02, 08:35 AM
I ALREADY DO!

Er, I mean... the circus. When I was younger I was really good at gymnastics and the flying trapeze. They have them at pretty much every Club Med, those vacation resorts on tropical islands. My parents always took me to a different one every summer and I got quite good to the point where they let me do it without the safety harness.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-06-02, 08:58 AM
Zoo for me too please!

Actually, they both sound more apealing than a circus...

I think I'd a have to go for Ceptic Tank :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2010-06-02, 09:12 AM
Depends on the kind of shack, and where the tank is. If it's in a nice climate, or a moderately big city, the tank.

jlvm4
2010-06-02, 09:28 AM

Are we talking as an exhibit or worker? Makes a huge difference.:smallsmile:

Assuming we're not talking inside the cages, I'd pick zoo. You aren't always moving about, you get to be around a lot of animals, and the natural habitats they create now present pretty nice scenery. And if you wanted to travel, you could, only return to the zoo at night.

Circus would be fun for a while, but much harder in the long term with the constant packing and unpacking and cramped quarters.

Superglucose
2010-06-02, 11:58 AM
Are we talking as an exhibit or worker? Makes a huge difference.:smallsmile:

It is completely and totally up to you since I didn't specify :smallwink:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-02, 12:05 PM
"Do you want to live in a ceptic tank, or a shack in Alaska.
As long as I had my camera and internet I'd LOVE to live in a shack in Alaska :smallconfused:

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-06-02, 12:54 PM
I would very much prefer the zoo. I would, however, rather love to be beside the seaside, for I do love to be beside the sea.

Adumbration
2010-06-02, 01:48 PM
I like this personality test much better. Can't take credit for it, though. (May not be even accurately repeated, don't have the source at hand).

You discover that your house is on fire. You have time to take one thing out of the house. What is it?

skywalker
2010-06-02, 01:51 PM
Ah, and that's where you're wrong. It tests your ability to choose between the options available to you, your ability to reason between two options which may not be optimal, and above all, your ability to handle random questions.

You're so very wrong. Which option you choose is based entirely on your personality, but in any case, it never mattered which option you chose, merely that you were willing to chose an option presented to you!

Then put me down as one of those who makes his own option. No, I suspect this is not a positive trait, but have so far been unwilling to change that about myself.

Anyway, they both smell. I object.

Eldan
2010-06-02, 02:03 PM
I like this personality test much better. Can't take credit for it, though. (May not be even accurately repeated, don't have the source at hand).

You discover that your house is on fire. You have time to take one thing out of the house. What is it?

That's an old one.

I take the fire.

ForzaFiori
2010-06-02, 02:12 PM
As long as I had my camera and internet I'd LOVE to live in a shack in Alaska :smallconfused:

If the shack was anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line, I'd be fine with it. That far north is WAY to cold though.

PersonMan
2010-06-02, 02:34 PM
I would very much prefer the zoo. I would, however, rather love to be beside the seaside, for I do love to be beside the sea.

There's a marine zoo on the coast of northern Germany. You could live there.

Or in this huge one in another city in Germany with multiple climates and the like...

drakir_nosslin
2010-06-02, 02:45 PM
This is too easy...

Cirque du Soleil (http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/default.asp) is the one place I'd go to, and I'd stay for as long as I could. I love those shows, and I'm practicing aerial tissue and acrobatics, so I'd fit right in!

Telonius
2010-06-02, 02:50 PM
Circus specializing in zoo animals.

arguskos
2010-06-02, 02:53 PM
Yep. :smallcool:

Seriously, I hate the both of them, so screw them, I'll go live at Gencon or something

Castaras
2010-06-02, 03:09 PM

Oh Miss Weatherwax, what would you want me to take out?

Flickerdart
2010-06-02, 03:30 PM

Alaska, of course. You can see Russia from there! :smallcool:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-03, 10:27 AM

I would choose the septic tank, hand down.

Coplantor
2010-06-04, 07:33 AM
At the zoo, kids do not expect to be scared at the zoo

Eldan
2010-06-04, 07:46 AM
Why should kids be scared at the circus? :smallconfused:

Setra
2010-06-04, 07:57 AM
Zoo

There's animals either way, at least with a zoo I don't need to put up with Clowns.

Saint Nil
2010-06-04, 08:42 AM

But dosn't this test fail on the fact that some people might be very happy to live in a circus or a zoo? If they think it is a great place to live, it disrupts the test ability to judge what it is looking for.

Eldan
2010-06-04, 08:45 AM
Absolutely. I love zoos. I'd live there anyday.

Especially since the local zoo is ten minutes from the university where I work, but my house is 1.5 hours :smalltongue:

Coplantor
2010-06-04, 09:41 AM
Why should kids be scared at the circus? :smallconfused:

You know, there's always that kid who fears clowns and circus stuff

amuletts
2010-06-04, 10:02 AM
Either. I love animals so looking after lots of them in a zoo would be cool. It would have to be a BIG zoo though, where the animals had lots of space, not squished in little tiny cages.
I have a thing about circus's. I have a lot of circus equipment, like stilts, poi, juggling balls, diabolo, a unicycle... the problem being, though I would love to learn them all I don't have the time. I'm awesome at body-painting though!
But basically you gave a choice between two cool things and I wouldn't reject either of them.
But I suppose if right now I was offered both of them I'd choose circus. It'd be a shame for all that equipment to go to waste.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-04, 03:00 PM
I don't really know. What are the circumstances. Are you actually part of the zoo/circus or do you just live there, i.e. in a tent?
-Xavez